PDA

View Full Version : To Steeler Nation

ricksteelers55
02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Please guys let's stay classy.....we need to congratulate the Packers for this one,the best team won this one.....Stop blaming anything but ourselves,dont make a seahawks fan out of yourself

SteelersBry79
02-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Please guys let's stay classy.....we need to congratulate the Packers for this one,the best team won this one.....Stop blaming anything but ourselves,dont make a seahawks fan out of yourself

I'm personally pissed off, but I still have respect for Green Bay. At least Mike McCarthy won, a Pittsburgh guy.

Ricco Suavez
02-06-2011, 09:22 PM
I for one seen very few calls that could be pointed to as really bad. Our boys just did not show up. Three turnovers, timely penalties, and I for one would of passed on the 52 yd field goal attempt at that time. We had them rattled and did not follow it up, and the missed field goal gave them good field position after they had struggled with their backs to the goal line. They had key players hurt as did we. Bottom line we did not come through.

chacha
02-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I dont see many people blaming the crappy calls

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I dont see many people blaming the crappy calls

Lol, that's cause crappy calls (and if there were any, there were VERY few) didn't cost them the game.

Plus, we're not Seattle or Baltimore.

ZoneBlitzer
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
The Packers were head and shoulders the better team. Actually let me rephrase that. They were better prepared and they executed better. It was the Steelers who looked like they were at the SB for the first time.

steelcity1974
02-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Good post. I agree. Best team won. We did not do enough to earn it this time. Great heart by our guys to come back and be in a great place to take the lead. But we just couldnt do it. Kills me. But gotta give packers credit. They are a good team.

chacha
02-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Lol, that's cause crappy calls (and if there were any, there were VERY few) didn't cost them the game.

Plus, we're not Seattle or Baltimore.

no we are not thank goodness!!!!!

SteelSurf
02-06-2011, 09:39 PM

Exactly. Well said.
Let us be humble in victory, and gracious in defeat.
That is the Steeler Way.

Hirsch
02-06-2011, 09:44 PM
The Packers were head and shoulders the better team. Actually let me rephrase that. They were better prepared and they executed better. It was the Steelers who looked like they were at the SB for the first time.

Man that hurts when you say it like that , but your right !

electrotune1200
02-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Congrats Green Bay. You truly deserved this one. See you next year and, enjoy the celebrations.

You can't show up for one half in the big game. We were fortunate the previous two games, just came up a little short.

casteeler
02-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Great season but Ben looked like Neil O'donnell and Gay looked like.... Well William Gay. Sorry Steeler Nation but it's the truth

BigRick
02-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I for one seen very few calls that could be pointed to as really bad. Our boys just did not show up. Three turnovers, timely penalties, and I for one would of passed on the 52 yd field goal attempt at that time. We had them rattled and did not follow it up, and the missed field goal gave them good field position after they had struggled with their backs to the goal line. They had key players hurt as did we. Bottom line we did not come through.

I also thought the long field goal was a poor call. Only call I thought might have got missed was on second interception. Looked like maybe early contact, never saw a clear replay to realy tell.
Also as you say you can't have three turnovers against a team like the Packers.

mcg24
02-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Is anyone blaming the refs? I have seen some bitching here tonight but I haven't seen anyone blaming the refs. Maybe I've just missed the total morons :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Is anyone blaming the refs? I have seen some bitching here tonight but I haven't seen anyone blaming the refs. Maybe I've just missed the total morons :chuckle:

Naaa...for the most part everyone's been pretty gracious.

The night is still young though. :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Naaa...for the most part everyone's been pretty gracious.

The night is still young though. :chuckle:

Hey, do me a favor, if Lumber shows up tonight running his c*cksucker, kick him in the nuts for me. I have to work tomorrow. It would be just like him to show after this at about 3 am yelling at himself. If you can't, assign someone the duty. :chuckle:

BIGWILL
02-06-2011, 10:05 PM
You win some and lose some. But the great thing is, tomorrow morning when we wake up we will still be STEELER fans. And im damn proud of that. :tt04:

cheers :drink:

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey, do me a favor, if Lumber shows up tonight running his c*cksucker, kick him in the nuts for me. I have to work tomorrow. It would be just like him to show after this at about 3 am yelling at himself. If you can't, assign someone the duty. :chuckle:

Limp Timber is probably the only one I'd let get away with any serious smack talk tonight...he knows where to keep it though, and it's usually as harmless as a kitty with it's nails removed. :chuckle: