PDA

View Full Version : PROUD,PROUD,PROUD of this team

lexingtonsteelersfan
02-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Ben gets suspended and we could have been put in a big hole early but we went 3-1. Ben comes back and leads us to the playoffs. Come back and beat the Ravens and we have now tied the Cowboys for the 8th Super Bowl<======at least we added to our history as a franchise and another AFC trophy.

Then in this game we could have folded after 3 turnovers that they scored 21 points on but it came down to one late drive.

I am real proud that this team fought so hard and added to our great history. We will get em next season!

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
No doubt. Always proud of this team.

They may drag me through hell and back sometimes, but I'm always proud to be a Steelers fan! :tt02:

Hayeksheroes
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Why?

chacha
02-06-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm proud too, we weren't great tonight but hey shit happens, too bad it happened today

dez09231
02-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Losing sucks. . . bad.

But you know what? I've been a Steelers fan since I was 8. . . since 94. . . and since then, we've came close and lost too many times. Those losses hurt really bad. This one, for some reason, doesn't hurt so much. Maybe it's because we've won 2. Maybe it's because we have 6. I don't know. . . I don't want to say i'm complacent, but it's def. different to be on the other side.

We have nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to hang our head about. We're still Pittsburgh. We'll still contend every year. We still have 6.

Someone is just a little bit closer.

rocckbottomxmen
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Yes...they did good. Even with the turnovers they had a chance to pull it out

Buddha Bus
I'm still proud. They overcame a lot of adversity this season and gave us a shot at number 7. We'll get it next year!

SteelersBry79
No doubt. Always proud of this team.

They may drag me through hell and back sometimes, but I'm always proud to be a Steelers fan! :tt02:

This x INFINITY and BEYOND!!!!!!!!!

rocckbottomxmen
I think we will get it next year if there is any football

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Why?

Because we're not bandwagon douchebags? :noidea:

They made it to the Superbowl dumbass. There's 31 other teams in the league that wish they could say that much.

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Why?

If you're not proud of this team, then find another one, asshole.

steelerspride85
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I dont care what anyone says, we lost the biggest game of the year by choking and we got a terrible draft pick in the process. nothing worse could have happen. im going to be depressed all offseason. and the pens lost today to the biggest rival. it sucks to be from pittsburgh right now.

chacha
02-06-2011, 10:28 PM
^^well there's one slightly bright side to losing, we can weed out the front runner fans who climbed the bandwagon and now are jumping off, they're the real losers

mcg24
02-06-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm not even upset. Not one bit. I counted out this team so many times in the last 4 hours I shouldn't even have the right to call myself a Steelers fan. I should have my privileges revoked. I should get rid of all my Steelers memorabilia, jerseys, and sweatshirts. This team put up a remarkable fight, more of a fight than I could ever have asked one team for.

JCPsteelers
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Because we're not bandwagon douchebags? :noidea:

They made it to the Superbowl dumbass. There's 31 other teams in the league that wish they could say that much.

Point taken but Nobody celebrates losing the super bowl. just sayin.

MattsMe
02-06-2011, 10:30 PM
^^well there's one slightly bright side to losing, we can weed out the front runner fans who climbed the bandwagon and now are jumping off, they're the real losers

Exactly.

:tt03:

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I dont care what anyone says, we lost the biggest game of the year by choking and we got a terrible draft pick in the process. nothing worse could have happen. im going to be depressed all offseason. and the pens lost today to the biggest rival. it sucks to be from pittsburgh right now.

Chill out lol.

Go pet a puppy dog or something and get over it.

steelerspride85
02-06-2011, 10:32 PM
u act like getting over this is so simple. it was the biggest game of the year and we LOST. we CHOKED. we SUCK!

SteelCityMom
Point taken but Nobody celebrates losing the super bowl. just sayin.

No, but some people are acting like their first born child was just killed.

Seriously. They were lucky to be there. They played a bad game, but had a good season. No reason to not be proud of them.

Some people just need to take a break for a day or two, that's all.

Buddha Bus

Yep, and they're rearing their ugly, two-faced heads right now. You can't win them all. Show some class.

SteelCityMom
u act like getting over this is so simple. it was the biggest game of the year and we LOST. we CHOKED. we SUCK!

And you're a troll.

Bye.

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:33 PM

Then find another team, you f*ckin' crybaby! Hit the bricks! Nobody will miss you!

dez09231

It sucks, but it's still the Steelers. This team isn't done. It's still built and coached correctly.

We're still priveledged. We still watched this team win 2 so far. . . and will probably win at least another one. Don't let yourself get down. We contend every year, it could be A LOT worse.

:tt04:

We still have six.

We'll be back.

ricksteelers55

Well looks like Browns and Bengals need some fans and have very good draft picks....you might want to go there

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:34 PM
And you're a troll.

Bye.

Thank you, SCM! You have done us all a great service. :hatsoff:

pitt0wns
02-06-2011, 10:35 PM
oh well we'll be back ;)

We need a better pass d

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
oh well we'll be back ;)

We need a better pass d

And an actual OL would help too lol.

And NO MORE ARIANS!!!

Hirsch
02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm not even upset. Not one bit. I counted out this team so many times in the last 4 hours I shouldn't even have the right to call myself a Steelers fan. I should have my privileges revoked. I should get rid of all my Steelers memorabilia, jerseys, and sweatshirts. This team put up a remarkable fight, more of a fight than I could ever have asked one team for.

I never gave up until that last incomplete pass. I was sick to my stomach most of the second half but I never gave up.:tt02:

tanda10506
02-06-2011, 10:41 PM
It's easy to get over cause with the Steelers every single year could be "the year". That being said, and I'm probably alone in this, I almost rather them not make it to the Super Bowl then make it to the Super Bowl and play like that. The Packers had a guy open almost every pass play, and by open I mean ignored and neglected. Most of the time it was a dump off guy, but come on. For not having Ben the first 4 games I'm impressed by what they did, I just hate to seem them perform so bad on the "big stage". If Woodson and Shields wouldn't have wen't out, and if Nelson didn't drop 4 passes, one of which would have been about a 50 yard touchdown (Packers first possesion) that game could have been ugly. Like I said though, any year could be "the year". Let's hope we get a CB or something during this off season and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEONE FIRE ARIANS!!!!

BigRick
02-06-2011, 10:41 PM
:^^well there's one slightly bright side to losing, we can weed out the front runner fans who climbed the bandwagon and now are jumping off, they're the real losers

I agree. We lost and I hate it as much as anybody, but I still LOVE MY STEELERS!!
Having been a Steelers fan for over forty years I've suffered through rougher times.
Can't wait for next year. :helmet:

Rick5895
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Why?

, I have been a Steeler fan for almost 40 years, They are tough and withstand adversity better than most teams.
If you are not proud of this group of guys or proud to be a Steelers fan, then get the F*ck out of here.

Kai
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Proud to be a Steelers fan. Just wish I wasn't living in a predominantly Browns fanbase area. Granted Browns fans are always good for a laugh and I imagine they'll try to make some jabs tomorrow.

Root for someone else then.
Yeah, the Pens are utterly doomed being 4th overall in the conference and losing a game without their two best offensive scorers and numerous other injuries.:coffee:

mcg24
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM

Oh my God how old are you 12? Were you this upset you didn't get your choo choo train for Christmas?

mcg24
02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Proud to be a Steelers fan. Just wish I wasn't living in a predominantly Browns fanbase area. Granted Browns fans are always good for a laugh and I imagine they'll try to make some jabs tomorrow.

Tell the Browns fans they lost their Super Bowl chances 21 weeks ago.

theplatypus
02-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Despite the loss I hope they;re holding their heads up high after what they went through this season.

Buddha Bus
02-06-2011, 10:45 PM

I feel your pain. I have to go back to work tomorrow after a 2 month layoff to a Raven fanbase. It's going to suck, but at least I can ask how they did against us. That should shut them up. :chuckle:

SeinfeldNut
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Yeah, could not be prouder to be a Steeler fan, they just made too many mistakes to win. We'll get to work on #7 next year!

HanSteelers
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Upset.

Always will be proud of this team
Always a privilege to Cheer for the Steelers

Fire Arians
02-06-2011, 11:01 PM
All I gotta say is everyone counted us out, and we came within one drive of winning it all. You lose some and win some, such is the life of pro sports. We will be back!

rocckbottomxmen
02-06-2011, 11:01 PM

My friend I know its hard for us to take this loss....but we will be ok. I have been a fan for over 30yrs we will be ok. So no need to be depressed unless their is no football

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 11:04 PM
All I gotta say is everyone counted us out, and we came within one drive of winning it all. You lose some and win some, such is the life of pro sports. We will be back!

I just realized you went back to your old account. :chuckle:

Rick5895
02-06-2011, 11:04 PM

WOW, Go away, go cheer for the Bungles!!

toughsticks87
02-06-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm pissed that this game was so winnable. That we beat ourselves. But we made a brave effort fighting back. But i'm so proud we overcame all the adversity to bring it down to the final 60 seconds in the Super Bowl. So proud!

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm 90% proud of em'

Fire Arians
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
It's the one that is logged in to my phone lol. But yeah count me back on the fire arians club, this acct is active again!

Rick5895
02-06-2011, 11:13 PM
We certainly had the opportunities to win, but I will say this we can pull some positives from this game, they are

Legursky is going to be a hell of a OL

Ward is clearly not done, he was great tonight

Wallace proved to me he will be a great WR

Antonio will be a probowl KR next season

because of our O Line troubles this season and all the player we had to play, especially Legursky, we will be in good shape next year.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Oh, and yes...thank you to the Steelers for a great season!

SeinfeldNut
02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Yep, I could not be more proud of rooting for this team, they overcame allot of adversity & injuries just to get to this game. If we could address some weaknesses, no reason why we can't be in Indy for the Super Bowl next year.

chacha
02-06-2011, 11:16 PM
:tt04: It was an interesting and ultimately thrilling season that just came up a little short, thanks to the Steelers-a great great team

FanSince72
02-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm disappointed, but I really have very little to complain about when it comes to this team.

For a team that wasn't supposed to finish better than third in our division, it's been a helluva great ride!

Besides, this just means that we're 6-2 in the Super Bowl and no other franchise in the history of the NFL can say that and I for one am damned proud to be a Steeler Fan!

madtowndrunkard
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
I think this team made the SB because of a legendary defensive coordinator with a lot of talent.

I think we lost this game because of a BAD OC...who once again left the team high and dry.

Like always its' Arians unit that kills this team. All we needed to do was NOT turn the ball over 3 X. Arians unit fails once again. I'm sickened by this loss. But I'm even more upset by the fact that we are stuck with Arians......who's consistently been the problem. If the offense is consistently the problem shouldn't you look at the leader?

We are thge more talented team, but we were out played tonight. We made amateur mistakes and they did not.

casteeler
02-06-2011, 11:29 PM
^^^ don't forget that joke we call a pass defense

stb_steeler
02-06-2011, 11:34 PM
I think this team made the SB because of a legendary defensive coordinator with a lot of talent.

I think we lost this game because of a BAD OC...who once again left the team high and dry.

Like always its' Arians unit that kills this team. All we needed to do was NOT turn the ball over 3 X. Arians unit fails once again. I'm sickened by this loss. But I'm even more upset by the fact that we are stuck with Arians......who's consistently been the problem. If the offense is consistently the problem shouldn't you look at the leader?

We are thge more talented team, but we were out played tonight. We made amateur mistakes and they did not.

I just couldnt understand why he likes to get away from the running game when it seems to work. this is how many games this year that they could of gotten by on running more.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 11:38 PM
This thread is not for bitching about why they lost the game. There's a couple of threads already for that. I know we're upset, but no need to take a "thank you to the team" thread off topic.

HAWK
02-06-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm prouid of them too...and I agree this doesn't hurt as bad as I had imagined. But we REALLY need to get that o-line fixed. I know Ben plays along and gives them props, etc., but it's getting old. Let's get it fixed.

Men of Steel
02-06-2011, 11:58 PM
THANK YOU STEELERS! THIS YEAR WAS FULL OF GREAT MEMORIES AND AWESOME PLAYS.

THROUGH OUT THE ADVERSITY THEY FOUGHT, AND FOUGHT HARD, AND MADE IT THIS FAR.

HATS OFF TO GREEN BAY FOR SEIZING THE OPPORTUNITIES WE GAVE THEM WITH THOSE TURNOVERS.

THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR MARRIED, AND MY WIFE AND I CHEERED FOR THE BLACK AND GOLD TOGETHER, AND ITS HER FIRST YEAR AS A STEELER FAN, AND SHES A DAM GOOD STEELER FAN AT THAT. I FEEL MORE SAD FOR HER SINCE OUR STEELERS LOST, SHE BROKE DOWN IN TEARS, BUT WHAT MADE ME SMILE IS HER FIRST REACTION AFTER THE LOSS, SHE SAID " THE PACKERS DIDNT BEAT US, WE BEAT US."

YES SHE IS A TRUE STEELER FAN :) AND I HOPE WE GET BACK AND WIN NEXT TIME, FOR HER, AND FOR ALL OF STEELER NATION.
:tt03:

4xSBChamps
02-07-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm disappointed, but I really have very little to complain about when it comes to this team.

For a team that wasn't supposed to finish better than third in our division, it's been a helluva great ride!

after 43 seasons, I'd sworn-off this team in April 2010, due to the problems off-the-field, and the way they'd been handled (what was going-on with this site, with some of the former Moderators, didn't help matters, either), and I didn't follow the franchise all Spring or Summer:
with the help of a friend I have made here in central Florida, at age 51, I decided that I would (... gulp...) become a fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

:ididwhat:

my fiancee was diagnosed with III-C breast cancer in August, and an emergency double-mastectomy with reconstructive surgery was performed the week of Labor Day:
her 23 year-old daughter, a huge Steeler fan, came to spend a month with us, helping to care for her post-surgery

on Opening Day while my fiancee rested, her daughter asked if I'd take her to a local sports joint, so she could watch the Steelers, while I watched the Buccaneers on a different TV in the place:
during the course of the day, I caught myself ignoring Tampa, and watching Pittsburgh instead

(she also hacked into my computer, and saw my account here had been inactive for many months)

this went-on for the first 4 weeks of the season (every week I'd tell her 'I'm not watching that team from up-North', but I found my concentration veering towards the Pittsburgh game), until she returned to California:
on Sundays after that, while my fiancee slept-off the effects of her chemo, she suggested that I return to the bar, and resume watching Steeler games by-myself (every Buc home game was blacked-out this year, making it harder to become acquainted with the players), because she knew it bothered me not-watching the Steelers

the ride the 2010 Steelers took these last 4 months has been memorable, even with this loss, and have helped me through some dark days:
I owe my return to Steeler Nation to my fiancee and her daughter

:helmet:

Pentheon
02-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Cant win em all and I'll always be proud to be a steelers fan no matter what.

Great season, lets do it again next year and bring it home :tt04::tt02::tt03::tt:

steelbad@50
02-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Sometimes u gotta lose the big ones to really appreciate winning the big ones, especially for the younger players and fans as well. I will always be a Steeler fan no matter what, and the ups and downs of each season are what makes football such a great sport. My team, the Steelers have given us true Steeler fans so many memories that i wouldnt trade them for the world. Thank you

The Curtain's Crusader
02-07-2011, 12:33 AM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some STEELERS football. Can't wait til next season to see what it brings. Hopefully another great run deep into the playoffs.. and maybe bringing home #7 to finish it this time. This one hurts and it would've been nice to have played a "cleaner" game but it's nice knowing your team puts a quality group on the field every year and there's a shot at coming back. Congrats to the team for making it through some adversity and for giving us some great football to watch.

SeinfeldNut
02-07-2011, 12:35 AM
I just want to thank everyone on here for being so classy & gracious when I joined the Steeler family. I so proud to root for a franchise who goes all out each season to try & win a Super Bowl.

caplovestroyp43
02-07-2011, 12:38 AM

Besides, this just means that we're 6-2 in the Super Bowl and no other franchise in the history of the NFL can say that and I for one am damned proud to be a Steeler Fan!

Yep, you got that right. Wasn't supposed to finish better than third and here we are in the Super Bowl.

I couldn't love this team anymore if I were married to them! We'll be back. We still have more Super Bowl visits than anyone! And that means something.

:tt02::applaudit::tt02:

SteelerEmpire
02-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Yep. Could have been worse ... could have been better.

SteelUT
02-07-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm proud as well. This one got away, but we'll be back.

steelerohio
02-07-2011, 12:42 AM
They've played on helluva game tonight... Go Steelers next season...

oregonfootball
02-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Yes I'm proud of em, they overcame so much to get here and this loss sucked so bad it will be THE motivator they needed:shout:.

Btw. i Still just ordered some nice new hats for my son and I.

BigRick
02-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Considering what this team has been through I didn't think we would even make it to the big game. Sure I would have rather seen them win, but you can't win em all.
Still I love my Steelers and will wear my Steeler gear loud and proud. :tt03:

JCPsteelers
02-07-2011, 01:00 AM
No, but some people are acting like their first born child was just killed.

Seriously. They were lucky to be there. They played a bad game, but had a good season. No reason to not be proud of them.

Some people just need to take a break for a day or two, that's all.

Its a bad loss because you don't know how many times you are going to get there. We had a chance to win at the end and we failed. Its tough to swallow right now.

pitt0wns
02-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Maybe we can have a healthy team next year. ;)

tony hipchest
02-07-2011, 01:04 AM
im still proud of the steelers and SUPER-glad i got to watch them on the final week of the season.

it doesnt take the sting out of the loss, but it sure as hell beats watching the patriots, jets, or ravens.

Wallace108
02-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Am I proud of this team?

You're damn right I am.

I'm disappointed that we lost. But I'm not devastated. We gave our best, but our best wasn't good enough on THIS Sunday. We lost to a great team. The Packers won, and they earned it. But as far as the Steelers, they far exceeded everyone's expectations this season. They overcame A LOT of adversity this season to reach the Super Bowl. We'll be back. :tt03:

theplatypus
02-07-2011, 06:53 AM
It's the one that is logged in to my phone lol. But yeah count me back on the fire arians club, this acct is active again!

You give Ben a D- for his performance and you jump back on the fire arians crap?

pghfrank62
02-07-2011, 07:28 AM
I hope the whole Steeler Nation takes their hats off to this team. I always am on the edge of my seat when the Steelers play. Never a dull moment. Win or Lose they are my team. What really pisses me off is streaming the local media out of 93.7 the fan and listening to these sarcastic assholes like Jim Colony Ron Cook and a few others with their so called clever remarks about a team that was not supposed to go anywhere. It amazes me how untalented so called media journalist can get jobs?

thebus36idf
02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm done. I refuse to sit here and bash a team, and as much as I've been critical of Arians I refuse to bash our coaching staff anymore. We are soooooooooo lucky to have a team of this caliber. The superbowl again!! I got to watch and enjoy more of the team I love, while everyone elses team aside from GB fans didn't. I bet if you look at it in the last 10 years we got to enjoy more footbal than 99% of other fans because we are always one of the most competative teams year in and year out. I didn't mind losing. Yes it hurt, but I refuse to be one of those fans that gets so spoiled (ie. yankee fans) that I just can't be happy unless we win the superbowl every year. So we came up a little short of two titles more than anyone else. For now I will settle for six rings until the next time we are there, which will be sooner than we anticipate I'm sure. Thanks STEELERS for your hard work, and your class. Thanks Coaches for another win against Baltimore in the playoffs, and the win against the Jets whom I hate. Thanks team for another great run. I am wearing all my garb today loud, and proud. Because I never dreamed of being on my couch rooting for our team yet again in the superbowl back in August. Yet there I was! what a great time I had! I just hope we have football next year. If we do we will be in the mix yet again. Great job this year see ya next year :tt04::tt02::applaudit::tt03::tt: GOOO STEELERS!!!!!

BritishSteel
02-07-2011, 01:14 PM
We may have hoped we'd be in the mix in January when we were lining up for Camp in July last year, but not many would have had us in the Superbowl. This club has overcome a lot of difficulties getting to the last Sunday of the season, and they did us proud. The game will hurt for a while, but we'll be thinking about what happens in the draft this time next month and moving forward, just as we always do.

Buddha Bus
02-07-2011, 05:25 PM

http://seemslegit.com/_images/305938d533f5e29d4ea62d0cdf96d3e8/1265%20-%20flamethrower%20teamkillers%20weapons.jpg