PDA

View Full Version : The field

Hirsch
02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
The field looked like it was slick and caused all the injurys on both sides.

electrotune1200
02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Jerry didn't have enough time to get it ready for the big dance. All the rubber pellits were already packed up.

tanda10506
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
They would have been better off at Heinz or even the sandlot they call Soldier field in Chicago. Both sides ought to bring it up during the off season or there's going to be some careers ended in Dallas.

electrotune1200
02-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I'd like to see all synthetic fields banned. If you need a roof, then contruct a field on tracks like Arizona.

These garbage surfaces have ended more careers than helmet to helmet contact. That's for sure.

jjpro11
02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Dallas just sucks.. what an embarrassment.

BigRick
02-06-2011, 11:01 PM
I'd like to see all synthetic fields banned. If you need a roof, then contruct a field on tracks like Arizona.

These garbage surfaces have ended more careers than helmet to helmet contact. That's for sure.

Synthetic turf sucks for sure. But the NFL wants a warm weather stadium or domed stadium for fan comfort. I think it sucks that places like Chicago, K.C., and Pittsburgh, just to name a few can,t host a Super Bowl because of the weather. :banging:

ZoneBlitzer
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
That stadium sucks. No atmosphere in there.

BIGWILL
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Jerry Jones still pissed, so he froze the field to make it hard as a rock. That bastard lol.

madtowndrunkard
02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
the only thing I thought was embarrassing was Ben and Mendy. The rest of the team showed up.

Ben and Mendy failed the team. They were the ONLY players that turned the ball over.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2011, 11:25 PM
the only thing I thought was embarrassing was Ben and Mendy. The rest of the team showed up.

Ben and Mendy failed the team. They were the ONLY players that turned the ball over.

You've said this in other threads already. Try to stay on topic.

dpiedra
02-07-2011, 12:11 AM
The field was responsible for many injuries and poor during in many plays

JCPsteelers
02-07-2011, 12:57 AM

really? Gay and McFadden showed up? The secondary played well? Really?

The field was a joke. I couldn't believe all the injuries on it. How the hell did Woodson break his collarbone? Crazy.

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Hopefully with all these disasters this is the last time the NFL gives into Jerry Jones and his playworld and allows him to host a super bowl.....

Curtain_of_Steel
02-07-2011, 09:05 AM
The field was slick?

Woodson landed on his shoulder, basically broke his collar bone. From a slick field?

Shields landed on his shoulder/Elbow on a tackle, from a slick field?

Ben tweaked his knee, sh!t happens, but that didnt cause us to lose.

Sanders tackled, lands on his knee/ankle.

I dont see how this is the field's fault.

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 09:06 AM
I certainly wasn't blaming anything on the field.

I was merely making an observation how both teams suffered because of the poor field. It's the marquee NFL game of the year, you want the field to be in the best shape possible. This is an indoor field, how hard can it be?

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
The field was slick?

Woodson landed on his shoulder, basically broke his collar bone. From a slick field?

Shields landed on his shoulder/Elbow on a tackle, from a slick field?

Ben tweaked his knee, sh!t happens, but that didnt cause us to lose.

Sanders tackled, lands on his knee/ankle.

I dont see how this is the field's fault.

Nobody is blaming the field, just saying it was horrible.

They're pretty much saying the same thing over at the Packers board.

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Peter King agrees in his MMQB column this morning about the field

I think this is what I didn't like about the Super Bowl:

g. The stadium turf. Slippery, hard, harsh.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/02/07/super/4.html

Just another example of Jerry not taking care of business this week

1. Indoor stadium temperature was apparently frigid for media day

2. No plan for what to do if there was ice falling off the stadium roof

3. Inadequate security personnel to screen admission to stadium

4. Failure to install temporary stadium seats

steelerchad
02-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Peter King agrees in his MMQB column this morning about the field

I think this is what I didn't like about the Super Bowl:

g. The stadium turf. Slippery, hard, harsh.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/02/07/super/4.html

Just another example of Jerry not taking care of business this week

1. Indoor stadium temperature was apparently frigid for media day

2. No plan for what to do if there was ice falling off the stadium roof

3. Inadequate security personnel to screen admission to stadium

4. Failure to install temporary stadium seats

I was at the game last night and I can tell you the entire stadium experience was a complete cluster f***. This alone should cost Jerry another Super Bowl for at least the near future. 10 years should give him time to get it straight. Besides the weather issues, they had no plan to control the crowd or fans.
They allowed traffic to run right by the stadium instead of rerouting it away towards parking lots. We sat for over 30 minutes without moving 10 feet because the walking traffic crossing the street to the stadium blocked traffic completely. Only able to get out after a worker moved a cone and allowed me to illegally cut through a lot to get away from it.

Getting in was a disaster. They had no signs or info up about entering the stadium. You had to find you gate color and the people working (cops, security) couldn't tell you which way to go. You also couldn't see the stadium well as they had covered fencing all around the stadium.

Heards of people were turned away at gates and told to go to a different gate, but not how to get there. They had fencing everywhere so it wasn't just about walking around the stadium, you had to walk 2 blocks away from it and then down and back to get there. Total mess. Total time to get in 1.5 hours. Thank god we decided to go in at 2:30. It was about 4 when we finally got in.

quiggle
02-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Dallas Cowboys are partnership with Steiner Sports, so you know they already don't have their heads straight.