PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace, And The Rookies

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Wow. My man Mike Wallace really looked frustrated during the game... I think cause Ben coulden't get the ball to him right. As usual, he had his man beat on several occasions. But congrats to the rookies, they showed real HEART all season long. So sorry the veterans didn't help them get that ring.... they deserved it.

stb_steeler
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah for some reason Ben cant lead the ball out more for Wallace to go get it, its always to short.....I wonder if they work on that much....

SeinfeldNut
02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
I am already excited to see how Mike Wallace and the rest of the rookies continue to develop going into next season.

Raw Steel
02-06-2011, 11:10 PM
This was a good year for finding some replacement players. We got two legit receivers so when Hines is done, we will have three fast and good receivers. Ziggy Hood has shown he is ready to be a star replacing Smith when he is done. Pouncey will be the anchor on our line for many years to come.

The Steelers are old. They have to find guys like this so they can keep winning. They are off to a good start.

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 08:50 AM
For whatever reason Wallace did not really shine in the playoffs - but I agree Brown, Sanders and Wallace are a great core group for the coming years

xli...
02-08-2011, 12:13 AM
What happened to Brown in the Super Bowl? One catch for one yard?

Wow...

Fire Arians
02-08-2011, 12:23 AM
For whatever reason Wallace did not really shine in the playoffs - but I agree Brown, Sanders and Wallace are a great core group for the coming years

i disagree a little. wallace has been great. ben missed so many opportunities when wallace had his man beat. i don't know what's up with ben but a lot of his throws were way off target.

FanSince72
02-08-2011, 08:44 AM
i disagree a little. wallace has been great. ben missed so many opportunities when wallace had his man beat. i don't know what's up with ben but a lot of his throws were way off target.

No glove.

Shoulda' worn the glove.

BTW, "Mike Wallace and the Rookies" sounds like a Doo Wop group.

MaineSteelerFan
02-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Wow. My man Mike Wallace really looked frustrated during the game... I think cause Ben coulden't get the ball to him right. As usual, he had his man beat on several occasions. But congrats to the rookies, they showed real HEART all season long. So sorry the veterans didn't help them get that ring.... they deserved it.

I love Wallace, however he needs to learn to come back for the ball and give his QB some help. On Ben's pick for 6 you could see Wallace eying the ball the entire time it was in the air - he did not adjust himself at all to try to fight for the ball. That pick could have possibly been bated away he if he recognized it was under-thrown.

FanSince72
02-08-2011, 08:57 AM
I love Wallace, however he needs to learn to come back for the ball and give his QB some help. On Ben's pick for 6 you could see Wallace eying the ball the entire time it was in the air - he did not adjust himself at all to try to fight for the ball. That pick could have possibly been bated away he if he recognized it was under-thrown.

Yes! I was thinking the same thing!

Wallace went into a sort of "tuck" expecting the ball to come to him and didn't adjust to the ball being thrown a bit too far ahead of him and with the defender in a better position to catch it than he.

That's a classic rookie mistake and the reason why I don't blame Ben for that pick.

In fact, right after that play, the camera showed a closeup of Ben rolling his eyes and the look on his face said, "You mean you couldn't have seen that ball was too far ahead of you?"

Fire Arians
02-08-2011, 09:06 AM
No glove.

Shoulda' worn the glove.

BTW, "Mike Wallace and the Rookies" sounds like a Doo Wop group.

what about "dirty mike and the boys" :chuckle:

kirklandrules
02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Yes! I was thinking the same thing!

Wallace went into a sort of "tuck" expecting the ball to come to him and didn't adjust to the ball being thrown a bit too far ahead of him and with the defender in a better position to catch it than he.

That's a classic rookie mistake and the reason why I don't blame Ben for that pick.

In fact, right after that play, the camera showed a closeup of Ben rolling his eyes and the look on his face said, "You mean you couldn't have seen that ball was too far ahead of you?"

I'm 100% in agreement with this and MainSteelerFan. Great talent and no doubt these young receivers will be true assets for this team. However, they do need to learn to play the ball in the air and adjust their routes if necessary. I think it would be cool if the Steelers brought in Lynn Swann, Stallworth, Lipps to work with these young guys in spring training on how to be great receivers (and teach them how to adjust to the ball after it's been thrown). Hell, they bring in old linebackers to pass along the knowledge, why not bring in some receivers to teach these young bucks?

steeltheone
02-08-2011, 11:30 AM
This was a good year for finding some replacement players. We got two legit receivers so when Hines is done, we will have three fast and good receivers. Ziggy Hood has shown he is ready to be a star replacing Smith when he is done. Pouncey will be the anchor on our line for many years to come.

The Steelers are old. They have to find guys like this so they can keep winning. They are off to a good start.

Who are the two legit receivers? Maybe if you count Ward. Sanders and Brown are green yet. Ward is needed.

Hood replace Smith when he is done? Hood is better now.

MDSteel15
02-08-2011, 11:59 AM
It's almost like the Redskins Smurfs with Charlie Brown and Rickey Sanders! Ward and Wallance would be Monk and Alvin Garrett. Randel El would be Virgil Seay.... LoL