PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl not so Super

R2sojr
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
This thread may be moved but does anyone feel like this Sper Bowl was terrible from the get go. I mean 1st the weather was a killer, then the national anthem was screwed up, playing surface was terrible, what like 400 fans denied and the halftime show was complete trash besides Usher. I had the kinda (lets get this over with already feeling all week).

stb_steeler
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
The field was the same for both teams...so theres no complaint there.

TRH
02-07-2011, 12:01 AM
ya know, the main thing i thought about after the game was over was that "wow....that really wasn't a very good game". There were plenty of better playoff games this year. This will go down as one of the most boring games in SB history.
Not really any huge, big dramatic plays. No player on either side really stood out as a star of the game. Just in general, not really a good game.

R2sojr
02-07-2011, 12:02 AM
The field was the same for both teams...so theres no complaint there.

Im not making an excuse im just saying it seems like players were going down left and right with injuries from the field on both teams thats all.

SteelerEmpire
02-07-2011, 12:02 AM
To be absolutely honest, this SB was BORING (if Steelers would have won or lost).... I think that stadium and Jerry Jones just didn't mix with us right .

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 12:03 AM
ya know, the main thing i thought about after the game was over was that "wow....that really wasn't a very good game". There were plenty of better playoff games this year. This will go down as one of the most boring games in SB history.
Not really any huge, big dramatic plays. No player on either side really stood out as a star of the game. Just in general, not really a good game.

Really? You thought it was boring?

Would have been boring if it was a blowout, but that was a classic one IMO.

TRH
02-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Really? You thought it was boring?

Would have been boring if it was a blowout, but that was a classic one IMO.

Yeah, didn't matter who won. Even my wife, who's not a real huge fan, said, "that was a really average football game"
I agree. Just look at our playoff games alone. The Jets and Raven's games had a level of excitement to them that this game couldn't even get close to. A small whimper at the end with a last minute drive possibility, but we couldn't even convert a 3rd and 5 on 2 shots to make it exciting.
This sure won't make anyones "top 10 SB's list", like we've been seeing all week. lol

StainlessStill
02-07-2011, 12:07 AM
This thread may be moved but does anyone feel like this Sper Bowl was terrible from the get go. I mean 1st the weather was a killer, then the national anthem was screwed up, playing surface was terrible, what like 400 fans denied and the halftime show was complete trash besides Usher. I had the kinda (lets get this over with already feeling all week).

2 interceptions, one for a touchdown, one fumble at a CRUCIAL time of the game and a big 3rd and 10 was the damn problem, not the weather, Christina Agluearia (sp) or Usher cost us the game!

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah, didn't matter who won. Even my wife, who's not a real huge fan, said, "that was a really average football game"
I agree. Just look at our playoff games alone. The Jets and Raven's games had a level of excitement to them that this game couldn't even get close to. A small whimper at the end with a last minute drive possibility, but we couldn't even convert a 3rd and 5 on 2 shots to make it exciting.
This sure won't make anyones "top 10 SB's list", like we've been seeing all week. lol

Yeah, I don't think it'll be making any top 10 lists (unless you're a Packer fan or avid Steeler hater), but I didn't think it was THAT boring lol. Certainly not one of the most boring I've ever seen.

I knew at halftime there would be an attempted comeback, and they tried. I bet many would feel differently about the whole game had the Steelers won in dramatic fashion again. :noidea:

BigRick
02-07-2011, 12:42 AM

Even the commercials sucked!:tt03:

Farrior_roirraW
02-07-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't think it was boring, but like XL there was not one really standout player or consistent play by either team (although there was Ward's TD and Willie's run).

oregonfootball
02-07-2011, 12:55 AM
It just plain sucked because the Steelers weren't nearly as Fired up and Hungry once the kick off went.

Didn't you notice that? It was so depressing.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
As a Steelers fan it was deflating to fall behind early, put me in a bad mood early on, but after cooling off overnight I agree it was not a particularly well played game on either side - Packers had some dropped passes in the second half (on the 3 and out to start the second half if the receiver does not drop the 3rd down pass he apparently would have broken it, which would have put Green Bay up 28-10 and ended it right there)

In some ways it just seemed more like a big regular season game than the Super Bowl

TRH
02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
It just plain sucked because the Steelers weren't nearly as Fired up and Hungry once the kick off went.

Didn't you notice that? It was so depressing.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

they reminded me of their demeanor and attitude in the NE game of this year. They didn't seem fired UP, looked listless.
On the other hand if you watched Clay Mathews and company they WERE fired up and when they made plays they were like "GRRRRRRRRR" and hulked up.
You need to go into games like this and we seem to have a problem with this.

chacha
02-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Besides the really depressing outcome, the whole thing sucked. The commercials werent that good and it was worse then Fox missed some plays showing a commercail. The stadium turf sucked, people couldnt get in, I hate that stuped reading of the constitution or delclaration of independence or whatever they were doing beforehand (I dunno I zoned out), Chrisitan Aquilhorrible not getting the words right, the really really really awful half time show, and the most boring announcers=sucko

quiggle
02-07-2011, 10:51 AM
did they release the viewers ratings and how does it rank with other Super Bowls?

Fire Arians
02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
fergie wore too much clothes :)

NCBlackWolf
02-07-2011, 11:01 AM
The media is already starting to tear up the BEPs performance.
Removing the game completely... it was pretty a bad night.
The stadium situation, the turf, the half-time, Christina f'ing up the national anthem, the crappy announcing...

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 11:13 AM
As a Steelers fan it was deflating to fall behind early, put me in a bad mood early on, but after cooling off overnight I agree it was not a particularly well played game on either side - Packers had some dropped passes in the second half (on the 3 and out to start the second half if the receiver does not drop the 3rd down pass he apparently would have broken it, which would have put Green Bay up 28-10 and ended it right there)

In some ways it just seemed more like a big regular season game than the Super Bowl

Im not sure if its just me but, ever since the fines for all the so called bad hits, it seems they lack that fire in their eyes.......:noidea:

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Like I said in the gameday thread...after that halftime show and National Anthem, at least we can take solace in the fact that the Steelers were not the shittiest thing to hit the field last night. :chuckle:

NCBlackWolf
02-07-2011, 11:15 AM
:Like I said in the gameday thread...after that halftime show and National Anthem, at least we can take solace in the fact that the Steelers were not the shittiest thing to hit the field last night. :chuckle:
:rofl:

vasteeler
02-07-2011, 11:15 AM
fergie wore too much clothes :)

agreed:thumbsup:. and since her voice sucks there was really no reason for her to be there

NCBlackWolf
02-07-2011, 11:18 AM
agreed:thumbsup:. and since her voice sucks there was really no reason for her to be there

When I saw first saw her rapelling down, all I saw was hair.. thought it was Clay Matthews. And then I heard her singing, i knew it was Clay Matthews.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 11:25 AM
When I saw first saw her rapelling down, all I saw was hair.. thought it was Clay Matthews. And then I heard her singing, i knew it was Clay Matthews.

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Good stuff man!

quiggle
02-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Fergie is one of the most unattractive women in the entertaniment industry. but I guess you get away with that when you are a socialite darling.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I thought the game itself was pretty good. To much jerry jones hype, I wish they would can the half time show. commericals sucked.

The 400 people who got screwed when their seats werent ready, should sue. Getting triple back means nothing. when you spend money on flights, room, parking, food, time off from work. thats BS. How does a company get to sell something that don;t have?