PDA

View Full Version : Overrated/ underrated AFCN Players?

clevestinks
05-07-2006, 07:58 AM
I took this from Bengals Board this morning, so I will ask the same question here, who is your top 5 over/under rated players in our AFCN?

I have to use this one from the bungels board as an example:

Paul from Dayton wrote:Overrated:
1. Little Ben
2. Hines Ward
3. Willie Parker
4. Ray Lewis
5. Reuben Droughns

Underrated:
1. Madieu Williams
2. Jeremi Johnson
3. T.J.
4. Heath Miller
5. Chris McAllister

Talk about a hater! We just won the Super Bowl, and demolished the competition in the playoffs, all on the road. But our three top offensive players are all over rated?? LOL
I enjoy a good fan, nothing wrong with backing your team, but have a little knowledge of the game, and some smarts!

Ohio Steeler
05-07-2006, 08:56 AM
I took this from Bengals Board this morning, so I will ask the same question here, who is your top 5 over/under rated players in our AFCN?

1. Little Ben
2. Hines Ward
3. Willie Parker
4. Ray Lewis
5. Reuben Droughns

Underrated:
1. Madieu Williams
2. Jeremi Johnson
3. T.J.
4. Heath Miller
5. Chris McAllister

Talk about a hater! We just won the Super Bowl, and demolished the competition in the playoffs, all on the road. But our three top offensive players are all over rated?? LOL
I enjoy a good fan, nothing wrong with backing your team, but have a little knowledge of the game, and some smarts!

they are bungals fans they have no knowledge

SteelerzGirl
05-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Wow, I guess I shouldn't be shocked by what the Bengals fans post, but I personally don't think any of the Steelers are overrated. If anything, the players/team are underrated, and that's the way I like it. :smile:

BB2W
05-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Just another example of "Steeler-envy"... Bengals fans are delusional, and totally obsessed with the Steelers. :pity:

Lyn
05-07-2006, 11:47 AM
I do not think ANY football player who has made the NFL is UNDERrated. The video I saw on draft day that all the players have to go through to make it to the draft was unbelieveable and I had no idea they went through so much. Each player is full of athleticism and it doesn't really matter if they are a star player or on the practice squad. The guys on the practice squad are who make the team a good team.
For anyone to say that a Superbowl team is overrated is simply ignorant. Even with the disdain I hold for the Patriots, I would be the first to say they are an awesome team. The only reason I have felt any negative feelings about them is because they have beat the Steelers so many times, no other reason. And that is the same reason many fans of other teams do not like the Steelers because they don't like the same team in the playoffs every year, they would kinda like to see their team in. We have all been there we know how it feels. Some fans are "overrated" but no football player in the NFL is.

Man_Of_Steel
05-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Its all about JEALOUSY.

j-dawg
05-07-2006, 12:09 PM
1. Little Ben
2. Hines Ward
3. Willie Parker
4. Ray Lewis
5. Reuben Droughns

Reuben Droughns came to cleveland after a great year with the broncos (1240 yards rushing). everybody says that it's because of the broncos offense... that they've produced so many 1000 yard rushers. Droughns says he's got something to prove. cleveland hasn't had a 1000 yard rusher in over ten years, and by the end of the season Reuben has rushed for 1232 yards.

and that's overrated?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-07-2006, 12:16 PM
First things first. I'm really tired of the Bengals fans. I never really hated the Bengals before last year. I didn't like them but I straight out hate the Ravens and Browns. But after the Bengals finally have one good year. The Bengals fans think they are greatest thing in the NFL.

Second if any fan think thats Hines Ward is overrated then they don't have freaking clue and shouldn't watch football. Hines and the numbers he puts up on a run first football team speaks for itself. Throw in the blocking that Hines does and it puts him on another level.

Steelers fans know how important Ben Roethlisberger is to our team. I can see where other teams fans think that he is overrated since he doesn't put up the big numbers like a Peyton Manning. But fans that don't watch Steelers games like us Steelers don't know that the Steelers usually have a very balanced offense in first half of games. Then in the second half when the Steelers have the lead they shut down the passing game and run the football to close the game out.

Big Ben's 27-4 record speaks for itself. I don't want to hear that other QB's like Eli Manning could have the same record if Eli was the QB of the Steelers. I'm sure the Steelers would still have a winning record but not a 27-4 record.

How can Willie Parker be overrated also? The guy was undrafted and rushed for 1200 yards with a 4.7 yards per carry.

Bengals fans make me sick anymore. The rivalry between our teams is back. I hope the Steelers continue to lay the smack down on the Bengals like they always. Now I could have the same class less posts like other rival fans and make an overrated list. But even though I'm a diehard Steelers fans I do respect other teams players talents.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-07-2006, 12:19 PM
J-dawq I agree with you about Droughns. Reuben proved last year he wasn't a product of the Broncos system when he had a really good year with the Browns. Droughns was really the only consistent offensive weapon on the Browns last year. Like you said the Browns hadn't had a 1000 yard rusher for years. Droughns in his first year with the team runs for 1200 yards plus. He is a very good running back.

j-dawg
05-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Bengals fans make me sick anymore. The rivalry between our teams is back. I hope the Steelers continue to lay the smack down on the Bengals like they always. Now I could have the same class less posts like other rival fans and make an overrated list. But even though I'm a diehard Steelers fans I do respect other teams players talents.

i totally agree with yours also. as much as i get irritated with wards smirk, the dude can play. ben's a smart qb. parker can burn, i've seen it, and it's downright heartwrenching!
none of these guys are overrated...

SteelCityMan786
05-07-2006, 12:35 PM

1. Little Ben
2. Hines Ward
3. Willie Parker
4. Ray Lewis
5. Reuben Droughns

Underrated:
1. Madieu Williams
2. Jeremi Johnson
3. T.J.
4. Heath Miller
5. Chris McAllister

Just what we need, idiots to insult big ben, ward, and parker. That just shows some people don't have a mind. they at least showed heath some respect. TJ Jerkmanzadshit and Chad Johnson are the most overrated.

Hines Alou
05-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Man, those second year quarterbacks who lead their teams to Super Bowl victories really are overrated...gimme a break

Black@Gold Forever32
05-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Well your a Browns fan so I can see were you would get irritated with some Steelers players. But at the same time you give players like Hines Ward their just due. I take football way to serious and I love my Steelers. But I'm also an NFL fan and enjoy watching other teams and players. So I try not to bash other teams and players. Thats not my style. But if other want to bring it. I'll bring it also.

Anyways look forward to the upcoming season. Its going to be interesting in the AFC North this year. I expect more improvement from the Browns under Romeo. With the free agents he has brought in and the Browns recent drafts he his shaping the Browns into his team. If Winslow and Edwards can come back and stay healthy the Browns have some nice young talent on offense. I'm a fan of Mac QB's so I think Frye could be a player in this league.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-07-2006, 03:38 PM
You all must understand,98% of the Bengals fans weren't fans until some point last season.Before then they either were fans of another team or weren't football fans at all.

CantStop85
05-07-2006, 03:49 PM
You all must understand,98% of the Bengals fans weren't fans until some point last season.Before then they either were fans of another team or weren't football fans at all.
Wait...I thought the NFL just started last year?

:blurp:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Wait...I thought the NFL just started last year?

:blurp:

LOL don't worry man,u don't count as part of the 98%.

But you have to admit,you didn't see many Bengals fans until they went 8-8 two years straight,then last year all-of-a-sudden they were all over Ohio,Kentucky,and some of Indiana.

Haiku_Dirtt
05-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Just flat out stupid. Paul from Gaytown needs to zip up his fly. :dang:

I didn't know Reuben Droughns got that much press. He got Heath Miller right.

Haiku_Dirtt
05-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Last season...

Underrated

Keisel
Hampton
Smith

Overrated

ARE

HburgXL06
05-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Overrated:

Chad Johnson: People always talk about how great he is, he always talks about how great he is, yet when it comes down to the big time he never can be found.

Carson Palmer: He won a Heisman (sp), and he's the startin QB for the bengals, but it's way too early to start callin him the god of football like so many people do.

Randel El: A multi-sided player but was not the best receiver. People practically cheered when he left the Steelers thinkin that his loss alone would be enough to bring a downfall to our passin game when in reality he did get a lot of press for his work in the gadget plays but otherwise was never a standout performer in the regular season.

Underrated:

Cedric Wilson: After Burress left we had to switch up our receiver set up. Wilson was never thought to be a big play maker but always seemed to be in the right place at the right time to make big plays. If anythin he showed enormous effort every game and should be allowed to stay in the receivin rotation for games next season.

That's all I can think of for now. Peace.

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
05-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I don't think Carson Palmer is overrated at all. The guy is a very good NFL QB and still growing as a player. I know he is a Bengal but I have to give the guy his just due. Trust me I don't think he is so far and above better then Ben like many people think. Both Carson and Ben are great young QB's. I would be more then happy with either of them to build my football team again. Of course I would take Ben over Carson. But I just think Ben is the perfect QB for our team.

3 to be 4
05-07-2006, 10:36 PM
the Bengal fans are like a toddler who uses the potty for the first time and doesnt want to wear diapers anymore. So they shit their pants, or dont tell you that they shit their pants until it dries up on their behind and they get a rash. then they have to go back on the diapers, but you still dont know whats going to happen back there.

I think i lost track of my analogy there....

tony hipchest
05-07-2006, 10:44 PM
the Bengal fans are like a toddler who uses the potty for the first time and doesnt want to wear diapers anymore. So they shit their pants, or dont tell you that they shit their pants until it dries up on their behind and they get a rash. then they have to go back on the diapers, but you still dont know whats going to happen back there.

I think i lost track of my analogy there.... dont matter. the analogy was still right on.

HburgXL06
05-07-2006, 10:47 PM

I think i lost track of my analogy there....

It was still on though. If I were them I would worry that they get too full of themselves and end up makin fools of themselves on the field. What we do notice is the stink of their shit and we're waitin for them to just admit to it and realize that they need to go back to diapers for a little while and take "baby steps" towards bein able to use the potty on a regular basis.....the potty bein the playoffs I guess. Lol.

BuFu

Haiku_Dirtt
05-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Overrated: Carson Palmer:

Underrated: Cedric Wilson:

BuFu

I think you have these reversed. Carson Palmer is one of the best QB's in the NFL and arguably the best throwing technique. Dude comes way over the top. He's also a qualilty citizen which is a rare combo.

Ever since Casey Hampton single-handedly plowed the entire Minnesota offensive line into the concession stands so Larry Foote could sleepwalk his way to a safety I'm convinced he is one of the most underrated in the NFL - not just AFCN

HburgXL06
05-07-2006, 11:56 PM
I think you have these reversed. Carson Palmer is one of the best QB's in the NFL and arguably the best throwing technique. Dude comes way over the top. He's also a qualilty citizen which is a rare combo.

Ever since Casey Hampton single-handedly plowed the entire Minnesota offensive line into the concession stands so Larry Foote could sleepwalk his way to a safety I'm convinced he is one of the most underrated in the NFL - not just AFCN

I have nothin against Carson, I just think that more time is needed before anyone can pronounce his godlikeness to the world of football. I think he is a great QB, he wouldn't have won a Heisman if he wasn't, but that was college this is the NFL and now he's comin off an injury and that is a lot to overcome for any man. Only time will tell. It could just be I'm callaussed from all the bengals fans here preachin that carson is god but I don't know. I just put out my thoughts. Peace.

BuFu

Haiku_Dirtt
05-08-2006, 02:48 AM
I have nothin against Carson, I just think that more time is needed before anyone can pronounce his godlikeness to the world of football. I think he is a great QB, he wouldn't have won a Heisman if he wasn't, but that was college this is the NFL and now he's comin off an injury and that is a lot to overcome for any man. Only time will tell. It could just be I'm callaussed from all the bengals fans here preachin that carson is god but I don't know. I just put out my thoughts. Peace.

BuFu

Try to pry pathetic KittyKat fans from Palmer. I bet maybe one out of a million in Cincy even watched Palmer absolutlely dismantle the Irish. When I say dismantle the Fightin' Irish I'm being polite to ND fans who love the Steelers.

It was like Times Square on New Years Eve - except the Lep and I were caught up in Herradura shots.

But non-Steeler ND fans :boxing: Sucks for me that he is in orange and black. How he won the Heisman is a mystery to me. Not because he didn't deserve it but because I didn't think anyone was paying attention to his talent.

Marshall Faulk got dog-robbed because of Lee Corso and the Gino Torretto money machine. I was so convinced that was happening to Carson that I didn't bother watching the Heisman show. I'm still shocked they voted correctly.

There is something special about W. PA football. Very very very special. But So. Cal has got some too. I lived in both

3 to be 4
05-08-2006, 06:43 AM
Bengal fans are like Ben Stiller in "Thers Something About Mary" getting his thing stuck in his zipper on Prom Night. They finally get to their dream moment, and instead of it being the greatest moment of their lives, they get their tool shredded. Total humiliation.

Thats what their Stadium should be called: Shredded Tool Park

Petesburgh66
05-08-2006, 10:17 AM
The only player I saw mentioned on this thread (that I consider overrated) is Ray Lewis.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
AFCN Players

Overrated:

Chris Perry
Ray Lewis

Underrated:

Casey Hampton
Rudi Johnson
Heath Miller

SteelerFanInCA
05-08-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm sure when Hines Ward get his "SUPER BOWL" ring there will be nothing inscribed on the ring indicating that he is overrated. Oh that's right, we just won The Super Bowl didn't we? I'll take the so called overrated players who can get us to the big dance and finish the deal any day of the week. Hmmm, I wonder what the AFCN Champions rings will look like? Or should I rephrase myself and say I wonder what the "thank you for participating in this years NFL play-offs" t-shirts will look like?

HburgXL06
05-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Try to pry pathetic KittyKat fans from Palmer. I bet maybe one out of a million in Cincy even watched Palmer absolutlely dismantle the Irish. When I say dismantle the Fightin' Irish I'm being polite to ND fans who love the Steelers.

It was like Times Square on New Years Eve - except the Lep and I were caught up in Herradura shots.

But non-Steeler ND fans :boxing: Sucks for me that he is in orange and black. How he won the Heisman is a mystery to me. Not because he didn't deserve it but because I didn't think anyone was paying attention to his talent.

Marshall Faulk got dog-robbed because of Lee Corso and the Gino Torretto money machine. I was so convinced that was happening to Carson that I didn't bother watching the Heisman show. I'm still shocked they voted correctly.

There is something special about W. PA football. Very very very special. But So. Cal has got some too. I lived in both

Kitty-cat participation aside he is a great player. It sucks that he has to be on a team like the bengals just because I have such a bad taste of him in my mouth from all the bengals fans touting him over Ben and actin as though he is the messiah of football. I don't wish ill-will on him and his leg and hope he is healthy. I do think though he will have to work because outside of CJ he really doesn't have the most built up team around him. I haven't heard anythin about cincy's runnin game or about their recievers besides CJ and a lil bout TJ, and their defense is nothin as far as I know. Palmer can rack up points as fast as he can but he may have to if his teammates on the other side of the ball can't keep the opposition from doin the exact same thing. We'll see.

BuFu

3 to be 4
05-08-2006, 07:00 PM
the Bengals playoff performance was a colossol disaster like the maiden voyage of the Titanic. Such hope. Such a moment. then utter terror and collapse.
When showing the playoff game hightlights at Shredded Tool Stadium, they should pipe in the music from Celine Dion.

CantStop85
05-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I do think though he will have to work because outside of CJ he really doesn't have the most built up team around him. I haven't heard anythin about cincy's runnin game or about their recievers besides CJ and a lil bout TJ, and their defense is nothin as far as I know.
:dang: Arguably the best O-Line in football last season and a 1400 yard running back in Rudi Johnson, I think Carson's got plenty to work with. As far as receivers go, when you almost have 2 1,000 yard receivers you don't really hear a lot about the other receivers, but Chris Henry (if he gets his act straight) is a stud and Chris Perry (RB) is one of the best pass-catching backs in the league.

You're right on about the defense...but the offense...where have you been, man? :blurp:

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 07:12 PM
speaking of shredded tool stadium, i have to say their backup qb, jon bobbit kitna was over rated.

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 07:15 PM
:dang: Arguably the best O-Line in football last season and a 1400 yard running back in Rudi Johnson,:

seattle?
pittsburgh?
k.c.?

im sure l.t., alexander, and l. johnson/priest, e. james, are jealous of the line rudi runs behind.

HburgXL06
05-08-2006, 07:28 PM
:dang: Arguably the best O-Line in football last season and a 1400 yard running back in Rudi Johnson, I think Carson's got plenty to work with. As far as receivers go, when you almost have 2 1,000 yard receivers you don't really hear a lot about the other receivers, but Chris Henry (if he gets his act straight) is a stud and Chris Perry (RB) is one of the best pass-catching backs in the league.

You're right on about the defense...but the offense...where have you been, man? :blurp:

Ok, I asked and I got answers. I wasn't tryin to be disrespectful in any way. Where was I? I was watchin the Steelers. Lol, and since the bengals only got good this year I really didn't pay attention to them during the regular season. I'll be watchin for them now and I'm sure you won't let me miss any big games they win or plays they make haha.

As far as underrated players go again, I was watchin vids today on youtube and I saw a lot of Willie Parker's runs and I think he was really underrated last season. That man is faaaaasssst! I said it before, if Bettis is the Bus then Willie is a Mustang because he just takes off. I'm sure no one will underrated his ability at this point (or will they?) and teams I'm sure will be on the lookout for a man with that much speed.

BuFu

Edit: BTW, since I'm on the subject of Willie Parker aka Mustang haha does anyone know what his 0-60mph and 1/4 mile times and speed are? Maybe we can convice Motor Trend to come test that for us!

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 07:38 PM
: Chris Perry (RB) is one of the best pass-catching backs in the league.

:

wait a minute here. other than a few premature media articles labeling him as such, what has he accomplished in the nfl to warrant such a label? are you just rehashing stuff youve heard are there numbers to back up that claim?

CantStop85
05-08-2006, 11:17 PM
wait a minute here. other than a few premature media articles labeling him as such, what has he accomplished in the nfl to warrant such a label? are you just rehashing stuff youve heard are there numbers to back up that claim?
51 receptions last season...that tied with LaDanian Tomlinson for fourth behind Lamont Jordan, Brian Westbrook, and Tiki Barber...and Chris Perry isn't even a starter.

seattle?
pittsburgh?
k.c.?

im sure l.t., alexander, and l. johnson/priest, e. james, are jealous of the line rudi runs behind.
Last year the Bengals' O-Line was 2nd in sacks allowed with 21, the colts were 1st with 20. They were 9th in rushing average with 4.2, 1st was Atlanta with 4.8.

Cincinnati: 21 sacks allowed (2nd), 4.2 rush avg. (9th)
Seattle: 27 sacks allowed (5th), 4.7 rush avg. (t-2nd)
Pittsburgh: 32 sacks allowed (t-15th), 4.0 rush avg. (t-12)
Kansas City: 32 sacks allowed (t-15th), 4.6 avg. (5th)
Indianapolis: 20 sacks allowed (1st), 3.7 avg. (24th)

I think you could argue either Seattle or Cincinnati...personally, I'm arguing Cincinnati. With Steve Hutchinson now gone from Seattle, I think it's pretty easy to argue for the Bengals having the best O-Line right now. Any more questions?

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 11:32 PM
51 receptions last season...that tied with LaDanian Tomlinson for fourth behind Lamont Jordan, Brian Westbrook, and Tiki Barber...and Chris Perry isn't even a starter.

Last year the Bengals' O-Line was 2nd in sacks allowed with 21, the colts were 1st with 20. They were 9th in rushing average with 4.2, 1st was Atlanta with 4.8.

I think you could argue either Seattle or Cincinnati...personally, I'm arguing Cincinnati. With Steve Hutchinson now gone from Seattle, I think it's pretty easy to argue for the Bengals having the best O-Line right now. Any more questions? thats nice to compare c. perry to running backs who actually rush the ball. and keyshawn had one of the greatest 100 reception seasons ever.

keeping palmer upright is only good if the qb isnt writhing on the ground with a potentially carrer ending injury. all the teams you mentionned went further in the playoffs than cinnci (except kc who beat you) and had more rushing yards. personally i dont think carson throwing the ball away one more time every 2 games, instead of taking a sack is the truest testament to their line.

MasterOfPuppets
05-09-2006, 03:14 AM

I think you could argue either Seattle or Cincinnati...personally, I'm arguing Cincinnati. With Steve Hutchinson now gone from Seattle, I think it's pretty easy to argue for the Bengals having the best O-Line right now. Any more questions?
unless these teams played the same schedule...these stats are useless....:coffee:

Big D
05-09-2006, 11:10 AM
whats funny about this list is that three of the underrated are all bengals. this is a joke. Bengals fans had bags over there faces for years. the only thing i agree with is that ray lewis is overrated

HburgXL06
05-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Bengals fans think their whole team is underrated and that they need to tell everyone how underrated they are and how much they are goin to beat us when we play them...so far they had 3 chances. We won twice and they won once. We had a bad QB and they had a bad QB in each win. Next year we'll know. I only hope we crush them so we can finally get them all to shut the hell up.

BuFu

shimmysteelerfan
05-09-2006, 01:13 PM
no matter how many times we beat thiere asses they will never shut up, they always have some sorry excuse.

HburgXL06
05-09-2006, 02:05 PM
no matter how many times we beat thiere asses they will never shut up, they always have some sorry excuse.

You right....oh well ain't that how it always is?

BuFu

Hines86Ward
05-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Here's my list...

OVERRATED
1-Kellen Winslow Jr.
2-Jamal Lewis
3-Justin Smith
4-Jonathan Ogden
5-Chad Johnson

UNDERRATED
1-Dan Krieder
2-Tab Perry
3-Andre Frazier
4-Chris Henry
5-Andra Davis

Anyone who makes it to the NFL is a great player. But if I had to make a list, that's what it'd look like....

RoethlisBURGHer
05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=Hines86Ward]Here's my list...

OVERRATED
1-Kellen Winslow Jr.

UNDERRATED
1-Dan Krieder[QUOTE]

Ohhhh sh*t!

KW2 aka The Broken One is definatly the MOST overrated player in the division,if not the league.

And with Krieder,the only people that know who he is would be Steeler fans and the guys he runs over.

CantStop85
05-09-2006, 08:15 PM
thats nice to compare c. perry to running backs who actually rush the ball. and keyshawn had one of the greatest 100 reception seasons ever.
I'm not comparing Perry's rushing stats to those running backs, I'm comparing their receiving stats...considering the fact that Perry's on the field maybe half the time those guys are, I think it's pretty good for him to be up there in receptions.

keeping palmer upright is only good if the qb isnt writhing on the ground with a potentially carrer ending injury. all the teams you mentionned went further in the playoffs than cinnci (except kc who beat you) and had more rushing yards. personally i dont think carson throwing the ball away one more time every 2 games, instead of taking a sack is the truest testament to their line.
*Sigh*...I gave you about the best stats available as far as the O-Line goes...what do you want me to do next, break down the game film for you? As far as rushing goes, considering the other teams had RB's like LT, Larry Johnson, and Shaun Alexander...I think Cinci's O-Line did pretty well with a lesser Rudi Johnson.

unless these teams played the same schedule...these stats are useless....
Really? I guess all stats are useless then since all teams don't play the same schedule, huh? I guess that also means that win/loss records are useless because all teams don't play the same schedule. Give me a break...all you're trying to do is find some reason to irrationalize my argument simply because of your dislike for the Bengals.

Here...if you want to even up the playing field...Pittsburgh and Cincinnati played essentially the same schedule:

We're done.

HburgXL06
05-09-2006, 08:35 PM
what do you want me to do next, break down the game film for you?

Yes. Haha. I would love to be able to watch some football this offseason. Wit less-than-basic cable that we get in these dorms and ESPN only showin baseball and soccer stuff I'm completely bored. The calender goes from May to September right?

BuFu

j-dawg
05-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Here's my list...

OVERRATED
1-Kellen Winslow Jr.
2-Jamal Lewis
3-Justin Smith
4-Jonathan Ogden
5-Chad Johnson

UNDERRATED
1-Dan Krieder
2-Tab Perry
3-Andre Frazier
4-Chris Henry
5-Andra Davis

Anyone who makes it to the NFL is a great player. But if I had to make a list, that's what it'd look like....

i can't disagree with this... K2 was a butch davis allocation... so was Andra Davis... i'm not going to say winslow is a complete waste... he's darn near close though....

tony hipchest
05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm not comparing Perry's rushing stats to those running backs, I'm comparing their receiving stats...considering the fact that Perry's on the field maybe half the time those guys are, I think it's pretty good for him to be up there in receptions.

ok then, lets call it what it is. perry is a great situational receiver out of the backfield, limited to a specific role (about 3-5 touches a game. k. faulk excels in this type of role in new england but no one confuses him with one of the best receiving rb's in the game

*Sigh*...I gave you about the best stats available as far as the O-Line goes...what do you want me to do next, break down the game film for you? As far as rushing goes, considering the other teams had RB's like LT, Larry Johnson, and Shaun Alexander...I think Cinci's O-Line did pretty well with a lesser Rudi Johnson.

*sigh* i remember neil odonnel having the lowest interception / pass ratio in history. little good that did in the big game. i think the stat you provides says more about the competition you faced, than the bengals line being one of the bests in the league.

Really? I guess all stats are useless then since all teams don't play the same schedule, huh? I guess that also means that win/loss records are useless because all teams don't play the same schedule. Give me a break...all you're trying to do is find some reason to irrationalize my argument simply because of your dislike for the Bengals.

gotta give you the point here

Here...if you want to even up the playing field...Pittsburgh and Cincinnati played essentially the same schedule:

still an over rated stat when steelers were killing the clock in alot of their games and only looking for only 3.34 y.p.r. to move the chains. that has more to do with gameplanning than the quality of the line. regardless the steelers line pushed them through arguably 4 ot the top teams in the nfl on their way to a sb win. if you caught sideline footage of cowher miked up in the sb you would hear him telling jerome he didnt care how many yards he got. just wear down the clock. its a proven method for the steelers and one day the bengals may have a proven method. until then they dont have the best of anything.

We're done.
im just getting started

bengals dont really have the best of anything. they didnt even have the best record in the afc north when they finally ripped it from the steelers grips

3 to be 4
05-09-2006, 11:38 PM
"34 seconds away from it"
- Sam Wyche

tony hipchest
05-09-2006, 11:39 PM
"34 seconds away from it"
- Sam Wyche

ouch! that'll leave a mark.

HburgXL06
05-10-2006, 01:03 AM
bengals dont really have the best of anything. they didnt even have the best record in the afc north when they finally ripped it from the steelers grips

2005 regular season records:

Steelers: 11-5
bengals: 11-5

Same record and we were playin the number one seed schedule. We'll see how well the bengals can do with the schedule we usually have and get to the playoffs with on a consistent basis.

BuFu

MasterOfPuppets
05-10-2006, 02:35 AM

We're done.
here's a stat you left out...
playoffs...
bengals 0-1
steelers 4-0

now we are done.:sofunny:

Ohio Steeler
05-10-2006, 04:01 AM
playoffs...
bengals 0-1
steelers 4-0

I do belive that is the only stat that matter's :tt:

HburgXL06
05-10-2006, 08:38 AM
playoffs...
bengals 0-1
steelers 4-0

Even more effective might be the Steelers vs. bengals playoff stats of win losses....What? You mean the bengals weren't in the playoffs the past few years and so we can't compare? Damn, oh well. Thanks for playin.

BuFu

CantStop85
05-10-2006, 05:23 PM
I do belive that is the only stat that matter's :tt:
According to MasterOfPuppets, no stats matter. *Shrugs*