PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Does This Mean That Goodell Won ?

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 11:52 PM
With the issues with Ben, Harrison and the Steelers as a whole. That just crossed my mind. Thoughts ? Just askin... Wonder how those players just mentioned feels and are gonna say if asked that question ?

Deserei90
02-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm sick to my stomach just thinking about.:frustrate Goodell probably feels like he won. I really thought the Steelers were going to prove everyone wrong on there bullsh*t

MattsMe
02-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Green Bay won.

That said, I think the NFL as a whole was hoping for this outcome. They have been pushing for parity for years now, and they will keep pushing harder and use whatever means necessary until they really get it.

There is more money to be made from a different team winning every year. This was as much of a victory for the new NFL as it was for Green Bay. I think we have seen the last of the Steelers defense in the traditional sense. This season was the last of the hard hits, the last of the balls to the wall playing style that does not appeal to the casual fan or the fantasy football player.

Farrior_roirraW
02-07-2011, 01:09 AM
F.uck.

MattsMe
02-07-2011, 01:10 AM
F.uck.

:iagree:

:chuckle:

NoShootouts
02-07-2011, 01:13 AM
yes unfortunately Goodell won

illmatic
02-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Green Bay won.

That said, I think the NFL as a whole was hoping for this outcome. They have been pushing for parity for years now, and they will keep pushing harder and use whatever means necessary until they really get it.

There is more money to be made from a different team winning every year. This was as much of a victory for the new NFL as it was for Green Bay. I think we have seen the last of the Steelers defense in the traditional sense. This season was the last of the hard hits, the last of the balls to the wall playing style that does not appeal to the casual fan or the fantasy football player.

It really seems like this is the case. In order to compete in the league, you are going to need a flashy QB that loves to throw and makes plays, and the media can market him to be the next greatest thing. Just like all the hype with Drew Brees last year, and now Aaron Rogers, people already saying he is going to be one of the greatest of all-time.

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 01:21 AM
All the media hypes have been makin it out to be that way the last few seasons now. This is a pass happy league now. Id rather see the Steelers go back to smash mouth football with running backs like we had in the Bus.

Fire Arians
02-07-2011, 03:08 AM
yes, it does. so does jerry jones.

4xSBChamps
02-07-2011, 05:17 AM
This was as much of a victory for the new NFL as it was for Green Bay. I think we have seen the last of the Steelers defense in the traditional sense. This season was the last of the hard hits, the last of the balls to the wall playing style that does not appeal to the casual fan or the fantasy football player.

chisel this into stone, because I think you will not see a more accurate appraisal of the NFL, circa 2011 ~ Goodell & the Nancy-boys have assumed total control:
all that is left to decide is how-much heat will she feel from long-time, hard-core fans over this, and how-much blame Ms. Goodell will receive for the impending labor strife

It's hard to feel-sorry for the players, who complain about the millions they make while playing what is a 'game', but I hope that they show Rogita Goodell to be the fraud he is, and how he is destroying the tradition and fabric of the game

it was fun while it lasted

TRH
02-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Goodell wanted the Packers to win this game and they did. In that sense, he won. But we still have all of our fan base (the largest) and i think we even picked up a few on the way this year. Everyone likes the big, bad, outlaw, tough guys, which we are. In that sense, he still loses.

grward
02-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Ef Goddell. That's all I have to say.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Goodell showed his true colors this week.

He was in damage control mode for 2 weeks take shots from every angle because of his big arrogant mouth. He didn't win.