PDA

View Full Version : "We Are The Champions."

tony hipchest
05-07-2006, 12:26 PM
nice tidbit from a great article on how the players lives have changed:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06127/688086-66.stm

The craziness peaked in the hours, and later the days, immediately after Super Bowl XL. That championship night, just before Monday's sunrise, 20 or so players -- Casey Hampton, Clark Haggans, Cedrick Wilson -- gathered at a banquet room in the team hotel, locked arms and sang "We Are The Champions."

melroseplace
05-07-2006, 08:21 PM
that is such an awesome article...thanks so much for sharing!

SteelerzGirl
05-07-2006, 08:28 PM
They're all rock stars to me! :smile:

Great article, tony. Thanks for posting it.

HburgXL06
05-07-2006, 09:43 PM
That is a great article. These guys are true champions in every sense of the word. I love it. Peace.

BuFu

MattsMe
05-07-2006, 09:49 PM
nice tidbit from a great article on how the players lives have changed:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06127/688086-66.stm

The craziness peaked in the hours, and later the days, immediately after Super Bowl XL. That championship night, just before Monday's sunrise, 20 or so players -- Casey Hampton, Clark Haggans, Cedrick Wilson -- gathered at a banquet room in the team hotel, locked arms and sang "We Are The Champions."

I think Peyton Manning did something like that after this year's playoff game.
He was found just before sunrise, wondering the field, muttering the words to a different Queen song..."Under Pressure"

shimmysteelerfan
05-07-2006, 09:54 PM
I think Peyton Manning did something like that after this year's playoff game.
He was found just before sunrise, wondering the field, muttering the words to
"Under Pressure"
:rofl: :rofl:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah all these guys are flying high ever since that game ended... pretty soon though its time to come outta the clouds and get back to work.

Haiku_Dirtt
05-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Great article. I can't help but wonder if Heath (sort of Lambert-esque in demeanor) is on his way to the Hall Of Fame - very very premature I know.

I keep thinking back to the game in Miami that was delayed by a hurricane. I remember Hines talking about the circumstances that forced them to hang out together. Really. They are warriors. But when mother nature unleashed her fury they were just kids.

That night IMO forged the core of this team.

They became that hurricane that started last year in Chicago and ended in Detriot. (PS No Props to the U)

Maybe Mother Nature is a Steeler fan.

siss
05-08-2006, 01:36 AM
I think she is.
But ben didnt grow up till the Dallas game.
Thats when he stopped being a rookie and began to really go off (basically he showed us that he was a stud).

clevestinks
05-08-2006, 10:56 AM
They're all rock stars to me! :smile:

Great article, tony. Thanks for posting it.
I agee with that!