PDA

View Full Version : Don't know how you guys do it..

Fate
02-07-2011, 12:10 AM
That is handling this loss so well. I've been a Steelers fan ever since I was little now and I've been through the ups and downs of the last 10+ years. I've lurked these boards for long and finally signed up recently still. This is the worst hurt I've felt off a Steelers loss. Worse than the missed holding vs the Jags, worse than the AFC champ. vs the Pats, any of them. We beat ourselves.

I feel horrible for the team. Flozell was so close. He came onto this team and played his heart out. They had to force him off the field when he got hurt. What he's always dreamed of was right here. Batch is probably going to go. He could of gone out on top. I think Hines and Ben would of punched their tickets to Canton with wins. Pouncey had to sit and watch helplessly after playing every game. LeBeau's contract is up, he may go. Woodley's contract is up, he may go. I can go on and on.

I'm so proud of this team. We were picked to finish 3rd in our division. Peter King was mocked by thousands when he picked us in the SB before the season. No one expected this... but us. We battled through everything and never got credit for it. The Packers got credit for everything. I've never been one to say well we almost did it and chalk it up as a win. I can't do that now.

I feel sick to my stomach. I can't sleep. We just lost a Super Bowl. I wish I could take it in stride like some of you guys are. This team isn't getting any younger. Nothing is guaranteed in this league. We could not make another SB in 50 years. Great teams miss the SB every year. Only 1 team goes home happy.

From '79 win until '05 win is 26 YEARS. We could not win or even make it to another SB similar to that. I could not see another SB until I'm 50, 60, or maybe never. Making it isn't enough for me. It doesn't scare anyone that we could never make it back in our lifetimes? That may be rare but it sure is possible.

Many others say hockey season, baseball season, etc. I have all my eggs in one basket. I'm a diehard Steelers fan. No more sports to look forward to until next year where like I said nothing is guaranteed.. even a season at this point.

How are you guys dealing with this? I doubt many read this but to get it all out with other fans and have some people read it and respond with a discussion will make things better I guess.

(sorry if I rambled a bit)

JCPsteelers
02-07-2011, 12:15 AM
I think the worst part of this game is that even though we lost the turnover battle 3-0, gave up a defensive touchdown, couldn't cover anyone for most of the game, numerous stupid penalties, Big Ben pretty average for most of the game that we actually had a chance to win it with 2 minutes to go. Its sad we didn't execute today.

I think this is a tough loss. 2001 and 1994 AFC championship was worse though. We were clearly better than both of those teams. Packers game was pretty even talent wise.

OX1947
02-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Losing a Super Bowl, is always worse.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 12:29 AM
It's ok...everyone takes different losses differently.

The worst for me was SB XXX...and it wasn't even the worst for me at the time (I wasn't die hard into football yet like I was with hockey). That loss didn't even hit me until quite a few years down the road when my Dad died (in '03). It hit me in '05 when the Steelers won again. That was a very bittersweet victory for me, and it hit me like a ton of bricks that the only SB I'd ever gotten to see with him, was a poor losing effort. Sounds kind of stupid, I know. And we had a lot more great memories besides that, but hockey and football were something we always bonded over.

Gotta cherish those wins, and not let the losses get you down too much. There are fans that go an entire lifetime without seeing their team win a SB.

I feel blessed to have experienced SB and Stanley Cup wins and losses with my daughter. She took it kind of hard tonight, but I think I was prepared for a loss early on.

It's all part of being a fan. :tt02:

Steelthe#1dynasty
02-07-2011, 12:42 AM
I think the 95' loss was the kicker for me. We are no longer undefeated in SB's and the mystique has worn away. This one hurts because we had the game. The turnovers and bad penalties just killed us. To win a SB even the smallest details are important. For example, I believe it was the 2nd quarter... It was 3rd & 1 and TE David Johnson committed a penalty that stalled the drive. GB on the next possession marched down the field and scored a TD. It all has to come together. Attention to details wins ball games! Period. This one will hurt just as bad.

MACH1
02-07-2011, 12:42 AM
The worst for me was SB XXX

Me too. That one still hurts.

Tonight's loss is hard also for a similar reason. My uncle passed away late last year and was a die hard Packer fan.

Stairway2-7
02-07-2011, 12:56 AM
I cant come to accept this loss.... call me a sore loser... :(

It feels like im in a nightmare.... GOD THIS SUCKS

illmatic
02-07-2011, 01:09 AM
This loss hurts bad, but I was prepared emotionally because I knew there was a chance that we might lose the game. Here are some other things to help ease the loss a bit

-We weren't even supposed to have made it this far. Most people picked us to finish 3rd in the division. Like a lot of people, I thought it was going to be a long season, with Roethlisberger out the first 4 games. But they defied the odds and the "experts" and won the division and the AFC.

-The future - We can just as easily make it back to the Super Bowl the next few years. A lot of players are returning, and I'm sure we will keep the key free agents like Woodley. We had three quality rookies this year in Pouncey, Brown, and Sanders, who are going to be a big part of the team going into the future. And we will get even better in this year's draft

-I don't feel as bad losing to Green Bay than I would losing to the Cowboys, or if the Patriots or Ravens had won it all. Also, they were the better team. There was no bad calls that cost us the game, those kind of losses hurt a lot worse.

-The Steelers are and will always be the classiest team in the league. Win or lose, I still feel happy to be a fan of a team like this.

-Also, Steelers still have the most Super Bowls :)

NoShootouts
02-07-2011, 01:09 AM
I was 10 years old and attending the 2001 AFC title game nothing will hurt as bad as that did. But this one stings ... at first I was ok but every second I feel worse. I truly wish we would have lost to the Jets.

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Getting to the SB and losing is the worst.....but hey were still ahead of the game. No Steeler fan needs to be hanging their heads low. We'll be back!

Wallace108
02-07-2011, 01:37 AM
This loss hurts bad, but I was prepared emotionally because I knew there was a chance that we might lose the game. Here are some other things to help ease the loss a bit

-We weren't even supposed to have made it this far. Most people picked us to finish 3rd in the division. Like a lot of people, I thought it was going to be a long season, with Roethlisberger out the first 4 games. But they defied the odds and the "experts" and won the division and the AFC.

-The future - We can just as easily make it back to the Super Bowl the next few years. A lot of players are returning, and I'm sure we will keep the key free agents like Woodley. We had three quality rookies this year in Pouncey, Brown, and Sanders, who are going to be a big part of the team going into the future. And we will get even better in this year's draft

-I don't feel as bad losing to Green Bay than I would losing to the Cowboys, or if the Patriots or Ravens had won it all. Also, they were the better team. There was no bad calls that cost us the game, those kind of losses hurt a lot worse.

-The Steelers are and will always be the classiest team in the league. Win or lose, I still feel happy to be a fan of a team like this.

-Also, Steelers still have the most Super Bowls :)

For my money, this is the post of the night. ^^^^

Losing ALWAYS sucks. But this loss doesn't hurt nearly as bad as the loss to the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX did.

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Me too. That one still hurts.

Tonight's loss is hard also for a similar reason. My uncle passed away late last year and was a die hard Packer fan.

Especially when we had that game won until Odonnell took a bribe after halftime.....

The Curtain's Crusader
02-07-2011, 02:22 AM
I was 10 years old and attending the 2001 AFC title game nothing will hurt as bad as that did. But this one stings ... at first I was ok but every second I feel worse. I truly wish we would have lost to the Jets.

It stings for sure, but I wouldn't got that far. No way I would have rather lost to the Jets. I'll take the loss in the Super Bowl to the Packers over a home loss to the jets in anything less than the big game any day.

SteelHaven
02-07-2011, 02:51 AM

Take the loss like a man. Despite the mistakes we made we had a chance to pull this off and we went down swinging. I really believed we we're going to win and I still believe we are the better team. I am proud of this team and I really believe that this is a speed bump and we will be back.

I'll take going down swinging in the SB with a chance to win over losing to the Jets in the AFC title game any day.:helmet::tt02:

RowHH
02-07-2011, 05:41 AM
>>>How are you guys dealing with this?

Remember that sports (for some, myself included) is the most important of the unimportant things. But in the long run it's not really important.

Remember too that the team you support just played in the big game for the third time in six years. And they're 2-1 in that stretch. Things could be worse.

SouthTexasSteel
02-07-2011, 06:04 AM
It's all about putting things in perspective... We sent the Seahawks and Cardinals packing in our two previous wins. I still have lifelong military friends that are diehard fans of both teams that refuse to talk about those games even today. But you can bet that I got many a late night text message last night.. lol (i guess that makes us even) I've been around for all the Steelers victories and losses and have had 6 very good nights to 2 very bad nights. And while the good nights last a lifetime, you let the bad nights go, reflect on the good ones and remember that this is our EIGHTH appearance in the SB. My parents have experienced SB wins, I have experienced a SB wins and my kids have experienced SB wins. Three generations of watching the Steelers and we all have tasted victory... that's NOTHING TO HANG YOUR HEAD OVER. As my grandmother and wife always tell me on days like this... This too shall pass!!! Now: BRING ON FREE AGENCY AND THE DRAFT!!!! I'm ready to go back!!! STEELERS ROCK!!!!!!

pghfrank62
02-07-2011, 06:12 AM
You really got be kidding? This team was by all rights dead & buried at the start of this season. Nobody, Local or otherwise, gave them a rats ass chance to make it to the playoffs. I been a fan since the 60s, I thought the 76 team was the best Steeler team, but these guys made me proud this year just as they did back in the day.

StainlessStill
02-07-2011, 06:15 AM
That is handling this loss so well. I've been a Steelers fan ever since I was little now and I've been through the ups and downs of the last 10+ years. I've lurked these boards for long and finally signed up recently still. This is the worst hurt I've felt off a Steelers loss. Worse than the missed holding vs the Jags, worse than the AFC champ. vs the Pats, any of them. We beat ourselves.

I feel horrible for the team. Flozell was so close. He came onto this team and played his heart out. They had to force him off the field when he got hurt. What he's always dreamed of was right here. Batch is probably going to go. He could of gone out on top. I think Hines and Ben would of punched their tickets to Canton with wins. Pouncey had to sit and watch helplessly after playing every game. LeBeau's contract is up, he may go. Woodley's contract is up, he may go. I can go on and on.

I'm so proud of this team. We were picked to finish 3rd in our division. Peter King was mocked by thousands when he picked us in the SB before the season. No one expected this... but us. We battled through everything and never got credit for it. The Packers got credit for everything. I've never been one to say well we almost did it and chalk it up as a win. I can't do that now.

I feel sick to my stomach. I can't sleep. We just lost a Super Bowl. I wish I could take it in stride like some of you guys are. This team isn't getting any younger. Nothing is guaranteed in this league. We could not make another SB in 50 years. Great teams miss the SB every year. Only 1 team goes home happy.

From '79 win until '05 win is 26 YEARS. We could not win or even make it to another SB similar to that. I could not see another SB until I'm 50, 60, or maybe never. Making it isn't enough for me. It doesn't scare anyone that we could never make it back in our lifetimes? That may be rare but it sure is possible.

Many others say hockey season, baseball season, etc. I have all my eggs in one basket. I'm a diehard Steelers fan. No more sports to look forward to until next year where like I said nothing is guaranteed.. even a season at this point.

How are you guys dealing with this? I doubt many read this but to get it all out with other fans and have some people read it and respond with a discussion will make things better I guess.

(sorry if I rambled a bit)

I lied when I said earlier if we were to lose a Superbowl, the hurt would ease if the only team was Green Bay. Shit, I had nightmare's last night and can' even sleep.

It'll take a LONG time to get over this one. The realization has set in that we played that bad of a game and still had a shot to win it all at the 2:00 warning. The magic was sucked out of us though.

The pick 6 sucked, but I can NOT get that Mendenhall fumble out of my head. That certainly was the dagger. We had them right there.

SouthTexasSteel
02-07-2011, 06:24 AM
You really got be kidding? This team was by all rights dead & buried at the start of this season. Nobody, Local or otherwise, gave them a rats ass chance to make it to the playoffs. I been a fan since the 60s, I thought the 76 team was the best Steeler team, but these guys made me proud this year just as they did back in the day.

Exactly... how many people had us 1 - 3 or 0 - 4 with Ben's suspension??!! I know a lot of folks are hammering the D, but they were very workman like and played well enough to win the game. Our '78 team gave up 31 points to the Cowboys, but they won. The stage was set for history, down 6 with 2 minutes to go and 90 yards away. But stuff happens!!! This team overcame injuries, adversity and Ben's suspension to be one drive from winning number 7. I'm proud as I can be of this team!!!

Tarlam!
02-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Dear Terrible Towelers,

my name is Norbert and I live in Germany. I am a diehard Packer fan and I wanted to come on to your forum to say how much class we Packs acknowledge you all for having. My regular forum is Packerrats.com, but I'm not spaming, just legitimizing my background.

To a poster, we respect your organisation, team, community and the gold in your uni's.

Last night, your team had us fans in fits. We were suicidal at times. Our team didn't as much win as, your team ran out of time. Something Lombardi was said to have said when one of his teams didn't win.

For many Pack fans, our SB was two weeks ago, when we beat the Bears for the honor to play your team. As such, I congratulate you on stuffing Rex's mouth, also two weeks ago.

I hope we never meet again in the big dance, because it's difficult to root against you.

My utmost respect goes out to you.

quiggle
02-07-2011, 07:03 AM
I don't feel that bad because the Steelers didn't really bring their A game last night, if both teams were going toe to toe and some freak play or silly penalty costed the title, I would be pretty bummed now.

stlrtruck
02-07-2011, 07:12 AM
It's very easy to get over, especially when you get beat by the team on the field.

No excuses, no pointing fingers...just hats off to the Packers for a heck of a game.

TRH
02-07-2011, 07:13 AM
its understandable you're feeling so bad.
We played embarrassingly pathetic...and our much-touted defensive unit played a lousy game and let us down. This one's not all on the offense. Its a bitter loss.

But the only reason i'm not feeling quite SO bad is that i understand the better team won. They moved the ball downfield consistently. They took away the ball 3 times. We couldn't even do it once.
They stepped up on the big stage. We looked listless (again....this isn't the 1st time) and somewhat lifeless.

StainlessStill
02-07-2011, 07:16 AM
It's very easy to get over, especially when you get beat by the team on the field.

No excuses, no pointing fingers...just hats off to the Packers for a heck of a game.

^ This. They deserved it, we didn't. Bottom line! We'll be back.

grward
02-07-2011, 07:19 AM
It sure didn't hurt last night as much as it does this morning. What a horrible feeling waking up this morning with the realization that we lost b/c we just didn't play our style of football. Defense wins games and our D gave up too many 3rd and longs and just didn't make any big plays. The offense just looked off all night long. I couldn't sleep much at all last night and not sure what to do with myself today. I struggled to even turn on the news as I knew all the stations would cover our loss.

HOWEVER, with all this being said, I'm still so damn glad to be a Steelers' fan! There's no other team I would rather cheer for! I still love all these guys and wish like hell we can keep as many of them as possible.

I live in Eastern Ohio and there are Poopstain fans lurking EVERYWHERE. Trust me ... as much as this hurts, I would NEVER want to be a poopstain fan! Ever. They are a bunch of hateful, resentful wannabe's. Last night and even today I keep hearing from them. They have zero class and it shows on a regular basis.

With all this being said ... I can't wait until training camp 2011! I will be there and will cheer them on until the season ends! And I will do it all over again every year that I'm lucky to be alive!

jaygorius
02-07-2011, 07:50 AM
It hurts but like others have said, SB XXX was worse for me. I was still a young guy then and it was the first Super Bowl I saw them in. In this one, we have already won two in the last few years, and we clearly were outplayed. You can't really argue with GB winning. Plus there was no controversy or game changing calls or anything to get upset over. The Steelers played like crap and got beat.

It still isn't easy, I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night and kept waking up thinking about the game. But I have been avoiding the media and discussion outside of the Steelers stuff or these boards. Just trying not to get wrapped up in it.

FanSince72
02-07-2011, 08:00 AM
It's ok...everyone takes different losses differently.

The worst for me was SB XXX...and it wasn't even the worst for me at the time (I wasn't die hard into football yet like I was with hockey). That loss didn't even hit me until quite a few years down the road when my Dad died (in '03). It hit me in '05 when the Steelers won again. That was a very bittersweet victory for me, and it hit me like a ton of bricks that the only SB I'd ever gotten to see with him, was a poor losing effort. Sounds kind of stupid, I know. And we had a lot more great memories besides that, but hockey and football were something we always bonded over.

Gotta cherish those wins, and not let the losses get you down too much. There are fans that go an entire lifetime without seeing their team win a SB.

I feel blessed to have experienced SB and Stanley Cup wins and losses with my daughter. She took it kind of hard tonight, but I think I was prepared for a loss early on.

It's all part of being a fan. :tt02:

XXX was and still is my hardest loss because we completely outplayed Dallas in that game - especially in the second half and if not for two really bad plays, we had that one.

This one is tough, but not intolerable because we were in it all the way and we faced a really tough opponent and at least I can say I saw a great game.

Kai
02-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm really not that big into football but I'll always back the Pittsburgh franchise. It sucked to lose but with all of the mistakes the team made, it's not getting to me as much if they had actually played their game. Superbowl XXX hurt much more then this loss.
The Steelers are going to be a playoff and an SB contender again next year, I'm pretty confident of that.

I live in Eastern Ohio and there are Poopstain fans lurking EVERYWHERE. Trust me ... as much as this hurts, I would NEVER want to be a poopstain fan! Ever. They are a bunch of hateful, resentful wannabe's. Last night and even today I keep hearing from them. They have zero class and it shows on a regular basis.

With all this being said ... I can't wait until training camp 2011! I will be there and will cheer them on until the season ends! And I will do it all over again every year that I'm lucky to be alive!

Yeah, I live in poopstain country aswell. All their fans do is complain and then act like they've won the Superbowl when they win a game or two. It's practically comical listening to them.:chuckle:

Rdiigen
02-07-2011, 08:02 AM
You guys/gals are all right about turnovers and penalties. We could've gotten away with two turnovers, but the 3rd killed us. Penalties kill drives, so that speaks for themselves.

We had the overall team to demolish the packers, so I'm hoping the same squad sticks around again next year. The packers really only had Rodgers Jenkins and Nelson.

And how important was that woeful field goal kick !!!!!! An even ball game would've favoured the steelers.

So I guess we had the best team, but the best team didnt win on the Day...

We're still the record holders, bring on next year and we still have the Penguins fighting hard
:tt03:

S
Brisbane, Australia

Curtain_of_Steel
02-07-2011, 08:09 AM
The one way i try to look at the season and the playoffs is this.

1 goal, get to the superbowl, extend my viewing and rooting pleasure to the longest possible. Obviously we want them to win, prefer to not lose like that. When Ben was getting the ball back with 2 to go, I thought it was game over we would win 32-31, than fox's penalty cost us 15 to start us off.
tough to lose this way, I didn't expect us to beat ourselves.

But although depressing, with ben being out 4 games and the league writing us off before it started. It was a great season. Some tweaking and spending some money and I think we are right back here next year.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Dear Terrible Towelers,

my name is Norbert and I live in Germany. I am a diehard Packer fan and I wanted to come on to your forum to say how much class we Packs acknowledge you all for having. My regular forum is Packerrats.com, but I'm not spaming, just legitimizing my background.

To a poster, we respect your organisation, team, community and the gold in your uni's.

Last night, your team had us fans in fits. We were suicidal at times. Our team didn't as much win as, your team ran out of time. Something Lombardi was said to have said when one of his teams didn't win.

For many Pack fans, our SB was two weeks ago, when we beat the Bears for the honor to play your team. As such, I congratulate you on stuffing Rex's mouth, also two weeks ago.

I hope we never meet again in the big dance, because it's difficult to root against you.

My utmost respect goes out to you.

Thanks very much, and congrats to Green Bay. It was a pleasure getting to play such a great organization.

The season didn't end the way I wanted it to, but it was more than anyone expected from our team this year....and I'm thankful it wasn't ended by the Ravens or Jets. :chuckle:

Enjoy the celebration and the Lombardi...the Packers earned it! :drink:

pghfrank62
02-07-2011, 08:11 AM
It takes a international fan to really show some class. I wish the local asshole media would get a load this guys comments. The sarcasm of 93.7 is beyond. "Jim Colony. Packer get their 4 trophy, we still stuck on six" What a journalistic Dick

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
It takes a international fan to really show some class. I wish the local asshole media would get a load this guys comments. The sarcasm of 93.7 is beyond. "Jim Colony. Packer get their 4 trophy, we still stuck on six" What a journalistic Dick

Stuck on six. :sofunny: What a nightmare!

Media guys, especially radio guys are pretty much paid to be assholes. If they really knew anything about the game, they'd be in it in some way instead of sitting in a chair with a microphone shoved down their throats.

I don't even listen to the radio anymore, so I don't know exactly what's being said...but I think I can get the general jist of it. Douchebags never change. :chuckle:

quiggle
02-07-2011, 09:18 AM
this year was supposed to be special for us actually, beause it was going to sound so neat with the slogan 7-11 (7th title in 2011) heaven. but oh well. did anyone else get their pre-order championship gear cancellations?

dpiedra
02-07-2011, 09:27 AM
I am saddened like all Steeler fans but I guess I saw this coming all season. Having watched every minute of every game (sometimes more than once) you have to realize this team play yesterday's game much like they played all season. We lost because of poor execution on offense, bad penalties, missed FGs, and turnovers. Too many times this year we were able to find some magic to win games ... either the D saved our buts, or Ben came up with one last drive to find the FG or TD we needed to win. This time we went to that well once too many times. You cannot win a SB giving the opposition 21 points. Even if we had forced them, to a FG on ONE of those turnovers, it may have made a difference, but the D was just not there today and they looked very average. There is no doubt in my mind that Troy was still hurting and nowhere near 100%.

All that being said, we still had one last shot at it in the final drive, but that drive spoke volumes for the poor play selection and lack of organization on the offense ... that is the part I am having a hard time forgetting.

BlackAndGold4Ever
02-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Tough loss, but it was a hell of a season. Im going to hold my head high cause no matter what we were one of last two teams standing, and all in all thats something to be proud of.

And I agree that SB XXX was the worst loss. I dont think I'll ever get over that one

We'll get em next year :tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

EastLibertyHomer
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
SB XXX, felt like a gut punch from Tyson in his prime.

Not winning it all sucks.

But seeing that the Steelers never say die spirit is alive an well in the team, was great. When we had the ball with 2mins on the clock and just one TO, every Packer fan stopped breathing. Because they knew that the QB with the messed up foot, broken nose and twisted knee, could ripp their hearts out.

They had to play their A game, to beat us even with us not executing well.

Now its time for the Steelers to do what that do well. Reload, Draft well and get at it next year.

I love it. People hate the Steelers because they contend every year. Even when we stink we are great.

Oh yeah.."F" Baltimore!!

Steelrule
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Much has been said about how the Packers "disrupted" or “dictated” the game. Some or even most of this may be true. But with all that and the lack of execution, stupid penalties, etc, we still had a chance to win that game, plain and simple. I think our game plan was either ineffective or not properly executed. How many 3rd and longs did we give up? Too many. Ben’s second int should never have happened. I think he was pressing a little too much because of the success of Rodgers, trying to match him pass for pass. We should have stayed with the run game a little longer and gone no huddle a few times throughout the game. We wasted a lot of time in the 4th quarter, very bad clock management. Like I said, either the game plan was flawed, or the execution was, and in reality, probably both.

LegendSteel
02-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Losing sucks, but I'm just happy we're in this position year in and year out. There are many franchises out there who would give anything for just ONE SB, let alone 6, or even 3 chances in 6 years. The fact that I KNOW the Steelers have a great chance at returning, and aren't going to implode like the AZ Cardinals, also helps make the loss easier to handle.

tube517
02-07-2011, 12:52 PM
The loss hurts like hell but we didn't lose to the Dallas Brokebacks or the Seasquawks or Pittsburgh West so it's a little easier. I have no ill feelings toward the Packers. They are the champs.

SacknificentStew56
02-07-2011, 01:16 PM
We've never turned the ball over so much in a BIG game atmosphere which resulted in points for the other team. This will be a long offseason trying to get over this loss.

kirklandrules
02-07-2011, 01:30 PM
I always think the Steelers will win every game ... no matter how unrealistic that idea is. I even thought this way back in the '80s when they were slumping. I trust the Rooneys to have the right people in the FO to make the right choices regarding the coaches/GM, who will make the right choices with the players. There is no team that has been more successful for the past 40 years than the Steelers. This loss isn't going to result in a major decline in the franchise. They will continue to reload in the draft and ensure the right guys are on the field.

Can't wait for the first game of next season to see this team take some frustration out on their opponents! :tt03:

Quasar
02-07-2011, 01:39 PM
XXX was the worst loss, mostly because it was to Dallas. I'd rather see the Steelers get to the Super Bowl and lose, than to not get there though. Yes I lost some sleep last night too. It just didn't seem real!

CaliStillersFan
02-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Personally I don't let losses bother me anymore. After losing in 2001 to a backup QB named Brady coupled with 9/11 just months before, I went into a deep depression that lasted way longer than it should have. Nowadays I don't let a losses affect me. I'd rather lose a Super Bowl than what the Browns fans have to deal with every year.

Yeah it sucks we lost the game especially since the team played so badly and still had a shot to win it at the end, but we finished better than 30 other teams this season, so I have to laugh when I see Jets, Pats, and Ravens fans saying how we suck when their seasons ended weeks ago. Our Steelers have played in 8 of the 45 Super Bowls and won 6 of them.

How can anyone possibly be upset with how our season went? With Bens suspension to start the season I thought we'd lucky to even make the playoffs. They had so many injuries all season long, and yet they still limped into that game yesterday, made mistakes throughout, played 2 quarters out of 4 and came up short 6 points. Outside of maybe the Tampa Bay game, they didn't play a single complete game all season long. To win a Super Bowl, you have to play for 60 minutes not 30. The coaching staff had a good game plan, the players just didn't execute. 3 turnovers by the offense, stupid penalties on special teams, and our beloved defense couldn't come up with the big play when we needed them most.

All and all it was a fantastic season, and the upside has to be all the wonderful new young players that stepped up huge this year - the future looks bright. Hopefully they continue rebuilding that offensive line next season, and draft/sign some solid CB's. Steelers fans need to take solace in the fact that the Steelers are not a one and done organization like so many others in the league. Once the CBA gets done, the Steelers will be competing for another shot at number 7.

Here's to getting the CBA done ASAP :drink: No football in 2011 would suck much worse than losing a Super Bowl.

pete74
02-07-2011, 01:54 PM
im with you, i dont like the lose but i dont let it bother me and i definatly dont lose sleep over it. its only a football game. of course i wanted to win but 1 lose sure wont get me down

LegendSteel
02-07-2011, 01:56 PM
This will be a long offseason trying to get over this loss.

Meh, not really. We still have 08 and 05 to fall back on, and what's great about being a Steelers fan, is the fact that they have a chance at making it every year.

Lord of Lombardi
02-07-2011, 06:54 PM

Bro, how can you even say that? Lose to the Jets?... I know you feel like Death just hit us all, you wouldn't be a Steeler fan if you didn't. I think we all would feel like failures if Rexy and SanTokeyo ended our season. If you make it to the superbowl then no one really ends your season. True, it sucks not winning our 7th but we are going to make it back and soon.

Our Core D is still intact, our WR"s are going to be so money with this type of experience on our side. We will always be in games with Ben and Tomlin. We had 3 turnovers to the NFC's best damn team in the biggest damn game of the year and our team played very average and we had a shot to win it at the end. If one play can win you the game, then I like our chances. Fox didn't help by adding 15 more yards. Not to mention blowing 2 time outs earlier in the half. That game was winable after playing like sheeeeet most of it.

We are the Steelers and the best damn organization in Football. 3-1 to start the year without our General and Tomlin gets zero votes for COY. Pathetic. And tell me GreenBay played a penalty free 1st half because the refs thought so. If you don't think goddell doesn't have full control of this league we all love, think again. He is single handedly ruining football for me. Troy and Aaron both hurt was a lot to get over but Ben cannot throw that 2nd INT into double coverage and for like a 6 yard gain. He paid for his mistakes and the ultimate Karma bit him. Season over, let's move on and hope that he is a changed man and leader.

WE ARE STEELER FOOTBALL AND THIS LOSS ALTHOUGH PAINFUL, I REMAIN VERY PROUD OF MY TEAM. EVERY YEAR IS SUPER BOWL YEAR IN THE BURGH!
:tt04:

quiggle
02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
do any of you bet money on the games, I can understand why some would take it harder than others then.