PDA

View Full Version : GB clearly better team...

steelers33
02-07-2011, 01:23 AM
As much as I hate to say this it would of been a miracle if we would of won that game. But be proud guys we were supposed to go 7-9 this season and we have a solid chance again next year. So why did I say GB was the better team. It was because of our secondary. Our glaring weakness showed once again in our cornerbacks. Honestly the Packers left 2-3 touchdowns on the field with their drops. In a pass happy league we have no answers to a great QB. Brady is a great QB, Rodgers is a great QB. This sucks but the turnovers we had was because the Packers made plays. First one pressured Ben as he threw, second one great catch in tight space, third one textbook tackling to knock the ball out. And on top of that Ben played poor. He missed throws high which he has a reputation to do. He had his moments here and there but he didn't come through like we all thought he would. Wallace didn't come through with that catch. Bottom line is with how poorly we played we still had a chance to win which is shocking to me. Just our big time players Big Ben, Woodley, Harrison, and Polumalu didn't show up. What a shame.

tanda10506
02-07-2011, 01:27 AM
If you mean better team tonite then I would agree. They earned there win. But I wouldn't say they are the better team. We played like crap and turned it over 3 times, one for a touchdown and still were within 6 points and a chance to win. That's not much better.

steelers33
02-07-2011, 01:45 AM
If you mean better team tonite then I would agree. They earned there win. But I wouldn't say they are the better team. We played like crap and turned it over 3 times, one for a touchdown and still were within 6 points and a chance to win. That's not much better.

Yah but the point was those turnovers was because GB made plays defensively. You can't blame it on lack of execution just a playmaking defense making great plays. The person who really did play like crap with Big Ben that was it. Defensively we were simply overmatched. We knew that coming in and that was the way it was tonight. Our joke you call a secondary did absolutely nothing to stop their offense. Nothing we lucked out they dropped so many balls. Also our pass rush wasn't all that great. Had a few pressures here and there but Harrison and Woodley simply did not get it done the whole night. GB has a ghod o-line as well.

pittguy578
02-07-2011, 02:08 AM
The only thing we can say is the Steelers were consistently inconsistent in every aspect of their games throughout the year. They had enough talent to beat most of the teams they faced, but it was never pretty.
They were able to get away with it when playing teams with "lesser" QBs, but they can't make those mistakes when they are playing a team with a QB like Rodgers. I said halfway through the year GB was going to win the Super Bowl..everyone thought I was crazy. They only really lost when Rodgers was knocked out, and even then they stayed in games. With him in there, they were a juggernaut.