PDA

View Full Version : What is David Johnson's purpose on the field?

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 08:03 AM
The guys doesn't seem to catch passes, run, or block.

Is he just somebody out there because we need 11?

I've never seen the guy do anything and I'm seriously wondering what his primary responsibilities are.

TRH
02-07-2011, 08:05 AM
every once in a while he throws a good block. He doesn't seem to be utilized very well. Ask Arians....

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Wouldn't a guy like John Kuhn be better and more versatile? Oh wait, we had him and let him go.

Seriously though, I get mad every time I see him on the field....not because I think he's an a-hole or something, just because, as you say, I don't think whatever position he's asked to fill isn't being utilized well.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
He does well as a run blocking TE, but isn't as effective in pass blocking (normally). I thought he did well when he was put in last night for the most part.

steeltheone
02-07-2011, 08:44 AM
He is a great blocker...Watch the film

grward
02-07-2011, 08:54 AM
I agree with SCMom ... he's a great run blocker. Seals off the edge so Mendy can run outside. But other than that, I really don't know if he's valuable. I have to re-watch the game to see if he pass blocks well ... but we all know that it's waaaaay to painful to re-watch right now!

Rick5895
02-07-2011, 08:57 AM
He is our 3rd TE, comes in and plays H Back, and IMO does a very good job run blocking.

grward
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
He is our 3rd TE, comes in and plays H Back, and IMO does a very good job run blocking.

But what does he do other than great run blocking? That's my question.

Rick5895
02-07-2011, 09:24 AM
But what does he do other than great run blocking? That's my question.

What do you expect him to do, he fills a role as a 3rd TE , H back/FB type of player. He is on the team because he run blocks. Lots of people on this forum complain about the lack of a fullback, who essentially is a run blocker, and nothing more. So my question would be whats the difference between Johnson and a FB?

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 09:28 AM
What do you expect him to do, he fills a role as a 3rd TE , H back/FB type of player. He is on the team because he run blocks. Lots of people on this forum complain about the lack of a fullback, who essentially is a run blocker, and nothing more. So my question would be whats the difference between Johnson and a FB?

A quality FB like Kuhn, Heath Evans, LeRon McClain, etc will catch the occasional pass, make the occasional run, etc and be a part of the offensive scheme that the opposition has to plan for. This cat doesn't seem to fit that mold.