PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Steelers Fever!

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you to all the great posters, some new and some old, that have followed the Steelers with us this season! :tt02:

Thank you to Tony and Pete...it's been a pleasure modding the board with you guys.

This was our first season as mods, and I had a lot of fun with it. It didn't end the way we had all hoped, and I know not everyone was happy with our decision making :chuckle:, but I had a lot of fun with everyone this season!

For Pens fans, we have a section (towards the bottom of the forum) for the Pens if anyone is interested in joining in on the discussions there....this is usually the time of year that part of the forum picks up. So come join us in rooting for the Pens! :tt02:

Hope everyone keeps visiting for the offseason, and for those who don't...we'll see you next season!

GO STEELERS!! :tt02:

vasteeler
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
no, we should say thanks to all of you. this board has done a complete 180 since you guys have taken over.i also need to thank you for not perma banning me......:chuckle:

SteelersinCA
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Blood sweat and tears!!!!!

therocksteeler
02-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Now that I have calmed down....."blood, sweat and tears" perfect. What an amazing season and what an amazing group of Steeler Fans we have here!

:applaudit:

Buddha Bus
02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks to SCM, Tony and Pete for turning this place around and creating a refuge for goofy bastards like myself! It's nice to be able to be myself and have fun without being looked down upon and insulted. I'm definitely sticking around in the off-season and having some serious House parties if any of the rest of you immature imbeciles are up to it!

ROCK ON, NIGHT OWLS!!!!! :thumbsup: :drink: :tt03:

P.S.- Blood, sweat and tears, sweeties! :rofl:

tony hipchest
02-07-2011, 08:00 PM
thanks SCM for starting this thread. :cheers:

i wanna second the thanks to all of our great members. i gotta admit that accepting the moderation duties of such a large and popular MB community can seem imposing to someone like myself, who has never dont it before, but all you members here have been great and really made the task a privalege, an honor, and a pleasure.

here's to you. :drink: we are the top steelers fansite on the web, which attracts many newbs and opponent's fans. here it was the week of the superbowl and not a single flame war broke out. there was no influx of trolls, and i think that is a testament to the fans we are and the way we present and carry ourselves.

in what was a sickening loss and a season speckled with adversity and turmoil, there was no gnashing of teeth, infighting, and feeding on our own. :hatsoff:

i have been a member here almost since day one and i gotta say this season probably had the fewest number of trolls, banned members, board shutdowns, and data base errors, in its 7 year history.

we all play a part in that.

this has been a great season. probably the 8th greatest season in steelers history. while i always feel that they will make the superbowl every season, this year is the epitome of why i feel that. we overcame a ton of adversity, and in my opinion there is only one thing better than watching your team on the final sunday that is super, which is actually winning it. its great to have this cyber-community to share that with. :applaudit:

onward to the draft.

GameTime55
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I am extremely happy to have joined. I just wish I would have come across it earlier. I will be around for sure during the off season.

I was definitely bummed out a little today. but its all good. Its time to look towards next season which includes looking at the offseason in terms of draft, free agency and potential departures.

Hope we have a season next year too!!

Thanks to those that moderate. It cant be easy so I say thank you.

:tt02:

definitely will be looking forward to being around for the long haul on the message board.:drink:

caplovestroyp43
02-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Before I found y'all, I hung out at a yahoo group called the Steelers Warroom. No complaints about it; folks there were extremely nice to me. But something about this place just made me stay.

I really do love it here. It's been an incredible ride since the opening quarter of preseason and I look forward to next season. But that doesn't mean I'm leaving until then! I want to stay in touch with everyone and I like the various articles and different topics of discussion that come up.

SF is in my favorites!

:tt02::tt02:

Wallace108
02-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Well, it certainly has been a wild ride this year ... for both our Steelers and Steelers Fever.

Mad props to the SF staff. Job well done, Mom, Hipcheese, and Pete ... as well as all the interesting posters. :hatsoff:
Here's to fun and good times here at SF during the long offseason. :drink:

It's nice to be able to be myself and have fun without being looked down upon and insulted. I'm definitely sticking around in the off-season and having some serious House parties if any of the rest of you immature imbeciles are up to it!

ROCK ON, NIGHT OWLS!!!!! :thumbsup: :drink: :tt03:
Have you no shame?
http://smiliesftw.com/x/facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

:chuckle:

StainlessStill
02-08-2011, 12:38 AM
I bleed Black and Gold, period! Loss's like this just makes Steelers Nation come back stronger! It was a great ride this season givin NOBODY even gave us 2nd place in our division! If we can be this good and go to the Super Bowl with all those off-season mis-haps, imagine what we could be with clear minds heading into a season with better expectations.

With this loss now behind me (okay, it'll take some time) I will go out tomorrow and buy myself a Pouncey jersey in honor of a great 2010 season!

HERE WE GO!

Buddha Bus
02-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Have you no shame?
http://smiliesftw.com/x/facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

:chuckle:

PFFFFT! By now you should know that I absolutely DO NOT! :moon: :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
a few pics of the staff hard at work , keeping this site running like a well oiled machine....:applaudit: :hatsoff:

Blood
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/friskmeoncejd/29-bloody_hands.jpg

Sweat
http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/ISP/ISP012/woman-wiping-sweat_~ispi061063.jpg

Tears
http://beinglatino.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/tear.jpg

caplovestroyp43
02-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Leave it to MOP to illustrate how we feel! You're the cat's meow you know that???

:hug::toofunny:

FanSince72
02-12-2011, 01:52 AM
I've stayed away from football forums over the years because I've never seen one that didn't either have a clique of know-it-all's, or a steady stream of trolls, flamers, whiners and various other miscreants.

Until I found this one.

I must say that I was more than pleasantly surprised to find a site where opinions are debated instead of flamed and where new people are made to feel welcome. I'm not a jock or a gear head and I don't know know the belt size of the starting right guard in '86 or the 40-yard speed of the third string tight end in '94, but here I don't feel that I have to in order to be part of the board and that is a welcome relief!

I take it from the other posts that you had some issues in the past and I'm glad that you've worked them out and I hope that this board keeps moving in its present direction.

It's fun to be here!

tony hipchest
02-12-2011, 02:07 AM
I've stayed away from football forums over the years because I've never seen one that didn't either have a clique of know-it-all's, or a steady stream of trolls, flamers, whiners and various other miscreants.

Until I found this one.

I must say that I was more than pleasantly surprised to find a site where opinions are debated instead of flamed and where new people are made to feel welcome. I'm not a jock or a gear head and I don't know know the belt size of the starting right guard in '86 or the 40-yard speed of the third string tight end in '94, but here I don't feel that I have to in order to be part of the board and that is a welcome relief!

I take it from the other posts that you had some issues in the past and I'm glad that you've worked them out and I hope that this board keeps moving in its present direction.

It's fun to be here!:applaudit:

as a regular veteran poster here, and at one time a reluctant mod, i can guarantee you that is the best compliment i could receive. i think i speak for pete and SCM as well. :drink:

i strive to represent this board well and ultimately hope everyone shares the same sentiments as you.

trying to help steelersfans enjoy the steelers experience to their fullest is what this is all about. :cheers:

Atlanta Dan
02-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks to SC Mom, Tony and Pete for reviving the board and allowing me back in - it was a great season made even better by being able to discuss it as the past 19 games unfolded with the knowledgeable posters here

rich4eagle
04-23-2011, 11:04 PM
here to Steeler Fever Forum and the great beloved Steerlers

Jimmy Shaker
06-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Is this a good thread to make an introduction? There's lots of glowing recommendations for this forum so I decided to dip my feet in. Thanks for the opportunity to share my love for all things Steelers.

Wallace108
06-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Is this a good thread to make an introduction? There's lots of glowing recommendations for this forum so I decided to dip my feet in. Thanks for the opportunity to share my love for all things Steelers.
It's as good a thread as any ... welcome aboard. :drink:

Want1MoreSB
08-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Thank you moderators. I am a newbie here. After having been on another "message board", it's so nice to be on a forum that is user-friendly. The user interface of this website blows away the one I used be on. Keep up the good work amigos.