PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin need more discipline out of players?

NESteelrfan
02-07-2011, 10:01 AM
I can't tell you how many games I have watched and witnessed STUPID penalties hurt our team. Does Tomlin need to bust chops over this crap or what? I get the feeling that he is trying to be friends with his team rather than a leader.

Here's to next season if there is one:tt02:

TRH
02-07-2011, 10:06 AM
K. Fox was out of control this year. He can't control his temper and has had numerous "unsportsman like's" called or closed to called. Cut the bast**d. Today.
These guys need to learn to WALK AWAY. i don't know whats so hard to understand about this.

quiggle
02-07-2011, 10:08 AM
well didn't the Steelers also get a penalty on the final drive in Super Bowl 43 and still made up the difference? it was the ill advised use of timeouts earlier on that did us in in the end.

KordellO'Donnell
02-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Just think what the season would be like if they called half of the dirty crap they get away with! SB45 was actually a pretty clean game. LOL Gotta love Steelers football~!
Tomlins just one of the boys

LegendSteel
02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I think they need to shape up a bit. There are too many bone-headed things that happen on a regular basis.

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 12:45 PM
K. Fox was out of control this year. He can't control his temper and has had numerous "unsportsman like's" called or closed to called. Cut the bast**d. Today. .

Gerry Dulac with the P-G agrees

AMONG THE EARLY off-season casualties will be special teams captain Keyaron Fox, whose repeated penalties on special teams, especially the return units, makes you wonder how he even ascended to his role. Or kept it.

Fox’s play toward the end of the season was inexcusable, and it culminated with his foolish penalty on the final kick return when he was called for a personal foul AFTER Antonio Brown returned the ball to the 26.

It would be one thing if Fox were playing well on coverage units, but that is not the case, either. Even if he were, his rash of penalties are too much to overcome. And ignore.

Fox is an unrestricted free agent, which means he is free to sign with another team. The Steelers probably couldn’t agree more.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers

ebsteelers
02-07-2011, 12:47 PM
well didn't the Steelers also get a penalty on the final drive in Super Bowl 43 and still made up the difference? it was the ill advised use of timeouts earlier on that did us in in the end.

that was a hold i believe by hartwig??

wasn't fox a special teams captain this year?

special teams pentalies killed them last night... mundy block in the back allowed for the int td,

and last drive rather than starting at the 30 they had go 87 yards..

how could someone be so stupid

MDSteel15
02-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Keyaron and Kemo got to go! They have been stupid most of the season with this stupid act! :doh:

zulater
02-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't have even let Fox board the plane.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Agree on fox, but I would've kicked him off the field after the PF.

Merchant
02-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Fox did the EXACT same thing in the Buffalo game - a late hit when the returner was out of bounds - that gave the Bills a short field to kick the game-tying field goal. The fact that a specieal teams CAPTAIN who has been around for so long is making that many idiotic mistakes is INEXCUSABLE.

Bye-bye Fox. Hope you go somewhere like Oakland and realize what you threw away here in Pittsburgh.

Farrior_roirraW
02-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Anybody ever notice that a lot of stupid penalties happen on SPECIAL teams? (Not just for the Steelers but just about every team)

TRH
02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't have even let Fox board the plane.

amen. post of the day.
I'd be shocked if we kept him. Certainly Tomlin's keeping score of this.

Merchant
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Anybody ever notice that a lot of stupid penalties happen on SPECIAL teams? (Not just for the Steelers but just about every team)

Before Ben threw the Pick-6, Antonio Brown returned the kickoff close to the 45. But guess what, it was negated because of a penalty. The offense was backed up near the goal line, and disaster ensued.

TRH
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Before Ben threw the Pick-6, Antonio Brown returned the kickoff close to the 45. But guess what, it was negated because of a penalty. The offense was backed up near the goal line, and disaster ensued.

that was HUUUUGE. For the Packers.

ebsteelers
02-07-2011, 01:38 PM
thats very true.. guys that are on the field no more than ten plays are making big mistakes...i remember for the jets first round game against the colts.. that guy on the colts ran into the kicker.. givin the jets ball back

Farrior_roirraW
02-07-2011, 01:39 PM
thats very true.. guys that are on the field no more than ten plays are making big mistakes...i remember for the jets first round game against the colts.. that guy on the colts ran into the kicker.. givin the jets ball back

That's SPECIAL teams for you. :chuckle:

SacknificentStew56
02-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Fox put us in a bad situation with that late penalty. But talking about cutting him is way too extreme when he's been a great special teams leader. I'm sure he is just like everyone else is having a "what if" moment but that doesn't change to outcome of the game. Think before you speak, Steeler fanatics.

MDSteel15
02-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Fox put us in a bad situation with that late penalty. But talking about cutting him is way too extreme when he's been a great special teams leader. I'm sure he is just like everyone else is having a "what if" moment but that doesn't change to outcome of the game. Think before you speak, Steeler fanatics.

OK, thought about it... let his azz walk back to the Burgh.... :banging:

cloppbeast
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm surprised they didn't cut Fox instead of Gibson when they needed to make room for Aaron Smith.

ebsteelers
02-07-2011, 02:51 PM
any chance gibson comes back now?

where can i sign up for special teams? i played four years of college football at defensive back... im pretty sure i can go down and do a better job and not get a penalty then some of these guys... that mundy penalty changed the game, instead of ball at the 40th its at the 7... only a ten yard penalty in the boxes, but a game changer in reality

NESteelrfan
02-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Not only do we need more discipline for stupid penalties we also need it for our defense staying in position. How many times have you seen us get burned near the end zone because we got juked out of our jocks? Whether it be a fade or blown coverage I almost always see the opposing teams receivers or tight ends running around the end zone uncovered. Or the naked bootleg Sanchez ran on us, guys in position make those tackles and stop TD's. Now granted you can't stop them all there are blockers on the other team but we seemed to get smoked when other teams get down knocking on the door especially with passing plays.

Bubbabanjo
02-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Will Fox be tarred and feathered before next season? Was he out of his mind? Having a chick slap fight after the play on the final drive in the SB. WTF???

Lots to pick from stoopid and holes shot in our feet. But man that was insanely bad timing for a chick fight.

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 08:25 PM
He's known for that and should be gone...been to many times now!

TRH
02-07-2011, 08:26 PM
it's not the 1st time he's done it, which makes it even more astounding.

Doubt that he'll be tarred and feathered, but there's a damn good chance he'll be let go. He might even be the 1st one out. I'd place betting odds at about 70/30 he goes.

MattsMe
02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Don't we have at least a half dozen threads already saying Fox should be gone?

steeltheone
02-07-2011, 09:33 PM
In the end it really did not matter...

ZoneBlitzer
02-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Well when you look at execution exhibited and the lack of sharpness displayed that comes down to coaching. That means the coaches were running the practices poorly...evidently... for as they say you play as you practice. Also, he lets Ben get away with murder. What kind of example does it set to have your offensive leader turn the ball over again and again and again all throughout the post season without even a hint of correction in his play. If he's going to call the guy's out on the standard then he's got to get his hands dirty and let Ben know that's just not going to cut it anymore. It's time to fire Arians and bring in an innovative OC who's familiar with the QB position and set Ben right. Ben should be reading defenses better at this stage in his career and he should be far more accurate. At this point, from charting his career as a rookie, I'd say he's regressing. It's time to stop boozing and killing brain cells and take the profession seriously.