PDA

View Full Version : how will these "be-backs" affect next year?

TRH
02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
If any or some of these guys are back on the field next year, how do you think this affects our total game?

Aaron Smith
Sepulveda
Colon
Max Starks

Fire Arians
02-07-2011, 10:00 AM
aaron smith i have a feeling he might get cut. yes he's still a good player but I think ziggy won the starting job, and he's too expensive to be just a backup.

sepulveda imo might be on the block too, he's been good while he's been healthy, which is hardly ever unfortunately. how do you get hurt as a punter? seriously.

colon and starks stay.

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 10:02 AM
aaron smith i have a feeling he might get cut. yes he's still a good player but I think ziggy won the starting job, and he's too expensive to be just a backup.

sepulveda imo might be on the block too, he's been good while he's been healthy, which is hardly ever unfortunately. how do you get hurt as a punter? seriously.

colon and starks stay.

This.

I think Aaron Smith retires. I can't look at our punting game and say I can remember a spot where an upgrade really would have helped us.

The O Line returning should help as well as a little fresh blood there.

harrison'samonster
02-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking Smith is going to retire. Starks and Colon will probably be back.

steelerchad
02-07-2011, 10:42 AM

colon and starks stay.

I think Smith is gone. The Sep thing is interesting. Missing most of 2 seasons to injury as a young punter is troublesome. And this Kapanos has filled in well this year unlike the Berger/Ernster debacle in 08. And to think we won a SB with those 2 shanksters. Kind of shows you how unimportant punting really is. To think we wasted a 4th round pick on an injury prone, mediocre when healthy punter is kind of rediculous when we picked one up just as good mid season for nothing.

I guess it's not as bad as wasting a 4th round pick to save a roster spot for a guy who will probably never play another down for the Steelers?

Curtain_of_Steel
02-07-2011, 10:53 AM
All can go IMO. However I think colon or starks will be back. Not both. Kapinos, did plenty fine at punter and he is much cheaper than Sepulvda. Not knowing a lot about Legursky, but I I would like to know if he can play another position, I think he earned a shot.

Im beginning to think I prefer a weaker online so Ben can scramble more. I dont like him in the pocket, if you have a pocket passer your WR's really need to be on the game. He isn't apocket passer, and can;t be with the young wr's.

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Starks definitely will be back - question is whether Colon will take what the Steelers are willing to pay

A. Smith probably will need to rework his contract like Bettis did in his last years if he wants to come back

After multiple knee injuries Sepulveda may be given the gate - I also look for a new placekicker give Suisham's sketchy playoffs

And as has been discussed in other threads, someone needs to replace the McFadden/Willie Gay tandem at CB

Steelthe#1dynasty
02-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know what the savings will be if we cut Aaron Smith?

steeltheone
02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Does anyone know what the savings will be if we cut Aaron Smith?

Smith makes over 6 mill this year ...Hood makes 1.7

Merchant
02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Smith isn't going anywhere. He has too much respect in that organization.

Only person from that list I predict will get cut is Sepulveda. I like the kid, but getting injured that often if you're a punter is an easy way to punch your ticket out of town.

CaliStillersFan
02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I could see Smith renegotiate his contract to stay like Jerome used to do, he's too old to go anywhere else.

Sepulveda is great when he's healthy, not to mention both times he blew an ACL, we went to the Super Bowl with a backup, so I hope we keep him and I hope he keeps having knee issues. ;) Punters are cheap.

Colon and Starks are must sign ASAP, Colon first then Starks. if we had a solid offensive line then we could get Miller back into the passing game; having to play with 2 and 3 TE sets doesn't help our offense move the ball when playing from behind.