PDA

View Full Version : a look a head to 2011

ebsteelers
02-07-2011, 12:57 PM
new to the board (found this board while working at my new job) since i started at the new job they went 4-1 damn... life long steeler fan (22 years old)... my father grew up a steeler fan when they stunk in the 60's anywho i didnt want to post during the playoff run (Superstitious).

im from nj and i live in eb thats why my name is eb steelers. also is anyone here from jersey to watch the games next year.. had to go to a local bar by myself to watch this year.. would enjoy watching with some steeler fans.. made my first trip to heinz field this year (ravens playoff game) wow what an experience that was...

any way to the business at hand looking towards 2011 schedule

and our current team (although we need to resign woodley, and taylor) and drafting secondary is a must maybe sign a vet nickel back? ( not sure who is out there)

think our o line will be okay

home
browns W
bengals W
ravens W
jags W
titans W
pats L
seahawks W
rams W

away
browns W
bengals W
ravens L
texans W
colts L:
chiefsw
49ers W
cardinals W

is 13-3 way too optimistic??? if if we lost to texans and chiefs thats 11-5... 4-2 divison at very worse 10-6?

what do you guys think?

casteeler
02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Way to early.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
All in all, it looks like it SHOULD be a fairly easy schedule. But that didn't work out so well in '09...so I take nothing for granted. They'll be tough games. Steelers always have a target on them because of who they are, but at least the target wasn't made bigger by a SB win I guess lol.

Lots of travel out west too from what I can tell.

I'll go with an optimistic 12-4. 13-3 sounds nice, and would be nice...but I think anything between 10-6 and 12-4 is more realistic.

Can't wait to find out though! :tt02:

LegendSteel
02-07-2011, 01:08 PM
You can usually chalk up a few close head-scratchers (i.e. Bills, KC last year, Raiders last year, etc.)

ebsteelers
02-07-2011, 01:11 PM
hopefully the long west coast trip is followed by a bye... i know in the past east coast teams to the west doesnt alway end well... ( i think these could be the 2 head scratchers, will also depend on when we get them in the season, i think id rather travel west early , especially sincer 49ers/cardinals have nothing at qb)

i was very optimistic about this year thinking we'd go 12-4 (thought it was wishful thinking) but that turned out sort of well, the super bowl lose hurts

but considering most people had us at best 2nd usually 3rd in the north... a lot to like looking at next year

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Schedule looks manageable but injuries and an aging team make any predictions dicey - the difference between having a 2008/2010 level of success or a 2009 type season turned on a few plays for this team (e.g. -Miami, Buffalo, Cincy Monday night game, Baltimore December game wins were all close)

Only sure thing is Steelers will once again max out on their allotment of night games - my bet is one of the Ravens games, New England, Indy and Chiefs will be on Sunday or Monday night with another game going on NFL Network

pete74
02-07-2011, 01:26 PM
hopefully we dont end up like most teams who lose the super bowl

Steelthe#1dynasty
02-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Historically speaking, it usually doesn't end well in Arizona. And yes, we are the more dominant team but we play down to our competition. I think Kurt Warner should un-retire so we can kick his @ss!

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
hopefully we dont end up like most teams who lose the super bowl

What do u mean by that Pete?......dropping off the charts next season?

TRH
02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
i wish they'd stop playing us against the Pats every year lol....seems like its always a huge embarrassment.

I couldn't tell you W's or L's at this point....we don't know who we're keeping, who's going, who's retiring or not, who we're drafting, etc.....

pete74
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM

yep. i see us as a better team next year because im certain we will get a cb somewere but i thought we would be even better in 2009 and was wrong

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
i know that worries me to about going into a funk for years....But i think were ok if we pick up some new CB.

ebsteelers
02-07-2011, 01:42 PM

he means most super bowl losing teams have a hard time even making the playoffs the year after or are usually 1 and done...

obviously this is just an early look, id say 12-4, but this will be revised in august then again next year after we Win the super bowl...

i think the team should come back with more fire then ever, and ben better not be heard from all of season..

mission 1: off season no off field problems
mission 2: get rid of dead weight (sushiam, fox, pieces of our secondary)
mission 3: re sign our guys.. (re-sign ike, franchise woodley) hope wordlis is learning both spots
mission 4: add a vet at nickelback if possible

pete74
02-07-2011, 01:45 PM
the good thing for us is baltimore could lose some key players

tube517
02-07-2011, 01:47 PM
1-15. The world is over and we suck. :chuckle: