PDA

View Full Version : From a Packers fan

ptisme
02-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Dear Steelers Fans;
I came to your site after seeing Mike Tomlin's interview last night. The guy is a stud. If Mike McCarthy wasn't our coach I'd want him.
You guys have a hell of a football team and your whole program is a class act! You have the (second) greatest fans on earth and are positioned to win for years to come. We came away on top this time but I can't help but think there may be a chance for you to get revenge next February.
If I wasn't a Packers fan you are the kind of team I would follow. 2 first class organizations participated in the most watched television show EVER! Congrats on a fine season and good luck next year.

TRH
02-07-2011, 01:20 PM
well, actually we have the greatest (and most) fans on earth lol.....and its hard losing to anyone, but if anyone, it would be to the Packers. We are fortunate enough to know we have a class organization, but thanks for the compliments.
Enjoy your year of 'champion' status. Congrats.

grward
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the post ... you are a classy dude.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks and congrats on the SB win...it was well earned. :drink:

I agree with everything you have to say (except I think we have the greatest fans :chuckle: ), and I'm sure if I wasn't born and raised a Steelers fan, I would have been a Packers fan. Far and away my favorite NFC team.

Good luck next season and enjoy the celebration!

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Congrats.......We'll be back.....:tt02:

harrison'samonster
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
congratulations on the win, and thanks for the kind words. next year, there's always next year.

fer522
02-07-2011, 03:32 PM
we're gonna kick your *ss next year so better be ready :chuckle:

congrats bro :wink02:

Curtain_of_Steel
02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
They did what they needed to do to win.

We did what we needed to do to lose. However it was ours to lose on 2 occassions and we can up dumb and dumber on the choices and mishandlings. Hopefully they learn.

ptisme
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
IMO your offense is fine... You ran the ball far better than I thought you would on the Packers stout front seven. IMO Big Ben didn't look right after he hurt his leg. Perhaps maybe another receiver?

If, and I think you'll do this in the offseason, you shore up your secondary you guys will be tough to game plan for... That's your only weakness is teams can spread you out....

I felt going in we wouldn't run against you so it didn't pay to try but I did feel like Nelson and Jones could have some success in the nickle...

Great game though.... Two great teams... I'm glad we don't have to play you guys in the regular season next year. We have to play the Bears twice which is very physical and with you guys on the schedule we'd be the walking wounded....

Buddha Bus
02-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the classy post and kudos to the Packers for the win! Congratulations for getting to see your team win another Lombardi. I know the feeling is great! Enjoy it! :drink:

ptisme
02-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks, but we're still 2 down on you guys and that irks me:)

GMU Steeler
02-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Well you guys earned it. You not only made us make mistakes but took advantage of them and in turn made little of your own. I have to say, if we were going to lose the SB, I am glad it was to you guys. I really have no hatred or even disliking(ok after last night and my astronomy lab professor bragging a little bit heh) but I really do respect you guys as fellow fans and your team and organization. And aforementioend professor even gave us a 100% on the lab pre quiz he forgot to put up due to his excitement. Looks like your org also proved the haters wrong about giving the reigns to Rodgers over Favre. I thought and definitely after seeing Aaron play last night that it was the right move. Guy's a great player.

StainlessStill
02-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Love, love, LOVE the Packers organization. It really hurts to lose in that style of play and to see our beloved Black and Gold come out so flat, only to have a chance to win it being down 18 was all we could of asked from our team.

That said, Green Bay deserved it ALL. They were the better team and played mistake free football. Well deserved. Enjoy it!:tt04:

caplovestroyp43
02-07-2011, 07:12 PM
You ARE a classy organization and a classy poster. Thanks so much for the kind words; we really appreciate it.

We'll be back. Mark my words. Perhaps this slice of humble pie will wake us all up and make us realize what we really have to do to get #7.

Thanks again!

:tt02::tt02:

FanSince72
02-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Dear Steelers Fans;
I came to your site after seeing Mike Tomlin's interview last night. The guy is a stud. If Mike McCarthy wasn't our coach I'd want him.
You guys have a hell of a football team and your whole program is a class act! You have the (second) greatest fans on earth and are positioned to win for years to come. We came away on top this time but I can't help but think there may be a chance for you to get revenge next February.
If I wasn't a Packers fan you are the kind of team I would follow. 2 first class organizations participated in the most watched television show EVER! Congrats on a fine season and good luck next year.

Much appreciated dude!

Sometime in the future you might want to stop back and we can help to straighten you out on that "second greatest" crap, but otherwise, you're OK in my book!

SH-Rock
02-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I can see a Packers-Steelers rematch. Maybe a long term rivalry as well.

ptisme
02-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Much appreciated dude!

Sometime in the future you might want to stop back and we can help to straighten you out on that "second greatest" crap, but otherwise, you're OK in my book!

As for this "best fan" stuff how bout' we call it a draw? From my standpoint I always thought we had the best fans: there are Packer bars in every city and we generally take over stadiums wherever we go. Then the Steelers came to town about 4 years ago and their fans took over every bar in GB.... I do know this, our organizations were built the right way: The Rooneys are first class, they take care of their peeps and I REALLY think you have just an outstanding coach.

As far as Rodgers, I've seen every game Favre has played and believe me, most Packer fans think Rodgers is better than Favre was even when he won his three straight MVP's.... I get a little worried about his durability though: 2 concussions this year....

We'll see you guys back there next year. Fix your secondary and watch tape in the hotel instead of hitting the piano bars/strip clubs and you might just pull in your seventh Lombardi. If it can't be us I hope it's you guys....

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 07:59 PM
I wasnt at the piano bar......lol