PDA

View Full Version : Trade Big Ben?

BlaZeQuietly
02-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I've had it, I don't know what to think. Ben is fun to watch play but he rarely puts up numbers, the steelers went 3-1 with out him this year and he blew the game last night. I think Pittsburgh should get Kevin Kolb from the eagles and trade ben for a top 10 pick to somebody. I bet if Ben Rothelisberger played for any other team that team would fail horribly. I am just in shock after seeing last nights games, I always used to think so what if his stats aren't the best he finds ways to win, well now I think the rest of the team has been carrying him this whole time, he makes poor decisions and I think letting his entire team down and all of the fans down last night with his two interceptions, especially the second one cost them the superbowl, thats a big deal to me, you could put anyone in there and pittsburgh would do better, hes only 28 and he seems to be going down hill, out of shape. I would miss him but it needs to be done.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/thread-delivers.jpg

SGrogan
02-07-2011, 01:59 PM
The guy is 10-3 in the post season and you want to trade him !!!

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 01:59 PM
And fire Tomlin now!!!

quiggle
02-07-2011, 02:00 PM
well at some point and time you have to consider it, he's played 8 years in the league but probably has the body of a 20 year veteran with all the assorted injuries he's sustained.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Trade the Rooneys!

PhantomJB93
02-07-2011, 02:02 PM
No..although I am disappointed in him, I was expecting him to be much more prepared and make much smarter decisions than he did in that game. But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Now, if he goes and does somethign stupid again this offseason I may change my mind.,,

caseyviator
02-07-2011, 02:02 PM
OMG lose one game and ur done remember those 30 years between terry bradshaw and ben???? how many superbowls were won????ill tell you zero........r u kidding me this is the stupidest post ever!!!!!

pete74
02-07-2011, 02:03 PM
i said it before the season and i will say it again, the only person in the entire nfl i would trade ben for is rodgers. everyone laughed at me before the season though. obviously that trade will never happen but i will still take ben over all the others

CaliStillersFan
02-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Throwing Big Ben under the bus is a little bit of an over reaction- no? So I'm guessing you think Troy should go now with his subpar performance throughout the playoffs? I'd still rather have Ben under center than ANY other QB in the league. Until we have a solid offensive line, Ben is the only QB that could possibly finish a 18 or 19 game season. He's still a top 5 QB in this league and will be for many years, don't let yesterday's loss make you forget what he has accomplished in his short career.

4xSBChamps
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Trade the Rooneys!

... get a scoring-winger for Crosby... DO-IT, Shero

BlaZeQuietly
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
I think it is time, blowing the superbowl is a big deal to me. Kevin Kolb to the steelers, put ben on a mediocre team and watch that team get worse.

sacredgrooves
02-07-2011, 02:06 PM
One pick six that happened because of a good defensive lineman play ....thats the difference between winning and losing that game. You want to trade away the only qb in 30 years that has given us any real hope of playing in that game?

pete74
02-07-2011, 02:08 PM
ben is a much better qb then kolb will ever be. you watch, someone will trade a high pick for kolb this offseason and sign him to a big contract but he will never have a better qb rating then mid 80's at the very best

BlaZeQuietly
I do agree that with a sub par offensive line ben is a good fit, but I just dont see him getting any better. I think we were lucky to even make it to the superbowl this year, it's all down hill from here for big ben and the steelers if they keep him.

SteelCityMom
... get a scoring-winger for Crosby... DO-IT, Shero

:rofl:

Trade Fleury and make Johnson the starter!!!!!111!

Seriously though, you're either having a severe knee jerk reaction (happens when you post the day after a tough loss somtimes I guess) or you're just trolling. Either way, I don't know how you expect most people to take you seriously.

LegendSteel
02-07-2011, 02:12 PM
I've had it, I don't know what to think. Ben is fun to watch play but he rarely puts up numbers, the steelers went 3-1 with out him this year and he blew the game last night. I think Pittsburgh should get Kevin Kolb from the eagles and trade ben for a top 10 pick to somebody. I bet if Ben Rothelisberger played for any other team that team would fail horribly. I am just in shock after seeing last nights games, I always used to think so what if his stats aren't the best he finds ways to win, well now I think the rest of the team has been carrying him this whole time, he makes poor decisions and I think letting his entire team down and all of the fans down last night with his two interceptions, especially the second one cost them the superbowl, thats a big deal to me, you could put anyone in there and pittsburgh would do better, hes only 28 and he seems to be going down hill, out of shape. I would miss him but it needs to be done.

H-E-double hockey sticks NO!!! So they lost ONE Super Bowl, big deal. You don't trade your franchise player and expect to consistently contend. Teams who trade away franchise players (in ANY sport) usually take years, sometimes even decades to recover from it (i.e. The NHL's Montreal trading away Patrick Roy). Kolb is garbage and wouldn't take the Steelers anywhere. NO ONE besides Ben would be able to survive behind that line...let alone get his team to the Super Bowl. This is as dumb as people insisting on trading Fleury.

caplovestroyp43
02-07-2011, 02:13 PM
:rofl:

Trade Fleury and make Johnson the starter!!!!!111!

Seriously though, you're either having a severe knee jerk reaction (happens when you post the day after a tough loss somtimes I guess) or you're just trolling. Either way, I don't know how you expect most people to take you seriously.

Nope, just a simple overdose on STUPID pills!!!! :mad::mad:

4xSBChamps
02-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't know how you expect most people to take you seriously.

I've never been in-favor of a site requiring a minimum # of posts, or time as a member, before starting another thread, but after seeing this, I might be inclined :
that, or have a minimum intelligence specification... the ability to drink through a straw, counting without using fingers, or understanding the concept of not peeing into the wind come to mind

BlaZeQuietly
02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Okay I think I over reacted. Thank you for pointing out that no one else could survive behind that offensive line, that is very true, it was just heart breaking to see them lose like that last night, such an ugly game.

CargoJon
02-07-2011, 02:16 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Sucks-Yoda.jpg

tube517
02-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Trade Ben....he's just a game manager :chuckle:

SARCASM

ebsteelers
02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I've never been in-favor of a site requiring a minimum # of posts, or time as a member, before starting another thread, but after seeing this, I might be inclined :
that, or have a minimum intelligence specification... the ability to drink through a straw, counting without using fingers, or understanding the concept of not peeing into the wind come to mind

lol hey, i just started posting my first thread was pretty good, talking about next season see steelers in 2011

yeah it was a tough lose but trade ben? come on now. he was the reason they beat baltimore and the jets... it wasn't ment to be this year simple as that... they'll be back next year sometimes you gotta get knocked down to understand where you want to be..

TRH
02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
yeah, i think i'd trade the defense after last night's game before i'd trade Ben.

fer522
02-07-2011, 02:19 PM
none sense close this thread please

pete74
02-07-2011, 02:19 PM
i understand being mad at ben, he had a bad game and a bad playoff run for that matter but he is still a top qb and you dont trade them(unless your getting rodgers). we had a rough year with all the injuries and the horrible line but will come back next season even stronger

with that said, enough with flaming the thread starter. i think he got the message

quiggle
02-07-2011, 02:21 PM
I think a lot of us would agree Eli Manning would do just as well, if not better, than Ben if he was in a Steelers uniform.

BlaZeQuietly
02-07-2011, 02:25 PM
It is true that any other QB behind that offensive line would get snapped in half, so why not fix the offensive line then get a new quarterback. Big ben just isnt a conventional "good" quarterback, hes just big and awkward and I see him getting worse from here on out but I do agree that the steelers are stuck with him until they get an offensive line that can provide better protection.

fer522
02-07-2011, 02:27 PM
I think a lot of us would agree Eli Manning would do just as well, if not better, than Ben if he was in a Steelers uniform.

ill take my chances with Ben
im pissed off but i would not throw any of those guy under the bus right now
im proud to be a steeler fun :tt03: :tt03: go steelers

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 02:31 PM

Errrrrr no.

Eli can't even do that well behind a better line up in NY.

btaylor179
02-07-2011, 02:31 PM
the o line sucks and so does our secondary

fer522
02-07-2011, 02:34 PM
the o line sucks and so does our secondary

thats something most of us will agree with

tony hipchest
02-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Trade the Rooneys!you may be on to soemthing there....

if we trade the rooneys for stanley drukenmiller, we will win favor with roger goodell, and finally be able to afford the 11 best cornerbacks in the nfl. we will never allow a completed pass again! (sure we will get run on for 300 yards every game but atleast teams wont pass on us no more) :thumbsup:

while we're at it we might as well trade big ben for john kuhn.... theyve got the same amount of rings :noidea:

LegendSteel
02-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Errrrrr no.

Eli can't even do that well behind a better line up in NY.

Yeah, I agree. Eli is also WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too streaky. Sure he can look like his brother in spurts, but he can also look lower than Alex Smith at times also. He makes too many mistakes as well. He just fires the ball out there without thinking too much and gets like 20 ints a year.

ebsteelers
02-07-2011, 02:40 PM
must be an eagle fan, that wants to get rid of kolb..

ben need to stay low key this off season and keep working with that qb coach of his

eli over ben might be the dumbest thing ever, eli threw like 20 picks this year and fumbles...

pete74
02-07-2011, 02:42 PM
now if i get online in a month or 2 and see a headline stating ben accused of sexual assult or rape again then i will have to agree with you but i dont see that happening since he is now engaged

Merchant
02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=21951,filename=worst_thread_ever. jpg

Curtain_of_Steel
02-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I think the Steelers should just close up shop, and implode the stadium.

I dont want Rogers, the media is worshipping him, and I want nothing

Steelthe#1dynasty
02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I am disappointed just like everyone else. Luckily, we as fans do not get to make those decisions! It would turn into a disaster over time... A knee jerk reaction for sure!

However, can Ben improve his game? He can but he needs to work at it. He's got to work on his fundamentals or we can simply draft 6'5 receivers.. His accuracy was extremely poor last night. To be honest, knowing Ben's traits w/a bye week, I would rather play the Super Bowl a week after the Conference Championship games.. Very poor preparation, execution, etc. Quiet frankly, Arians gives Ben too much say in the offense. Unless you are Manning, you shouldn't get that much say. He needs to develop all of his assets. With our depth at WR this is a perfect opportunity for him to do so. Loads of young talent at WR!

cloppbeast
02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I'd still rather have Ben under center than ANY other QB in the league.

:sofunny:

quiggle
02-07-2011, 02:59 PM
at this time Ben's best assets are his legs, and like a pitcher once that goes so does pretty much everything else. his knees are getting twisted like pretzels more often than not.

cloppbeast
02-07-2011, 03:01 PM
This isn't too crazy. We did the same thing to O'Donnell after SB XXX.

We didn't trade him, but we didn't resign him.

A serious question though:

When is BR's contract up, and do you think there's any chance they don't resign him?

ebsteelers
02-07-2011, 03:02 PM
o donnell didnt have 2 super bowl wins already... 15 years from now we wont be talking about ben and neil in the same sentence.

cloppbeast
02-07-2011, 03:03 PM
o donnell didnt have 2 super bowl wins already... 15 yards from now we wont be talking about ben and neil in the same sentence.

Do you mean years?

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 03:04 PM

A serious question though:

When is BR's contract up, and do you think there's any chance they don't resign him?

O'Donnell never won anything significant before either. :noidea:

He signed an 8 year contract in March of '08. He had 2 years left on his rookie contract when they signed him to that one.

LegendSteel
02-07-2011, 03:04 PM

He wasn't a $100m franchise quarterback drafted 11th overall, so you can't really compare...it's apples and oranges. The Steelers releasing Kordell the year after his AFC Championship game in 01 is a more realistic comparison to NOD.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1181

2015, thankfully you guys aren't the GM. I bet if needed, he would restructure to and extend to get more cap space for a key signing. If asked.

Do not put Bens name next to Niel ODonnells, lol Christ give me a break.

cloppbeast
02-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Poor Neil......he's still getting the shaft. He's the Rodney Dangerfield of the Steeler's history.

BlaZeQuietly
02-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Keep in mind a lot of the core of this team is getting old, Harrison and Ward probably have another 2 years of good football left in them and are both leaving their prime, this team is going to need to change to adapt to the aging of their veterans, they wont be there much longer. Heck, troy Polomolu cant even stay healthy as it is, somethings got to change for pitt.

JCPsteelers
02-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm not even going to read any posts in this thread because the notion of trading Big Ben is so utterly ridiculous I don't want to lose brain cells fighting over it.

LegendSteel
02-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Keep in mind a lot of the core of this team is getting old, Harrison and Ward probably have another 2 years of good football left in them and are both leaving their prime, this team is going to need to change to adapt to the aging of their veterans, they wont be there much longer. Heck, troy Polomolu cant even stay healthy as it is, somethings got to change for pitt.

You act like they've never done this before. They've been winning their division and going to AFC title games this entire decade, albeit with completely different rosters. It's not like they've never replaced a single player before...Parker, Porter, Gildon, Bell, Holmes, Haggans, Washington, Scott, Hope, Alexander, etc...the list goes on and on. I think they know what they are doing.

FanSince72
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
That's it!

Let's just jack up all the helmets and slide a new team under them!

Trade Ben?

Fire Tomlin?

Are you serious?

Ben / Tomlin are the most successful QB / Coach combination we've had since Bradshaw and Noll and because of one loss -- in a Super Bowl that we weren't even supposed to GET TO no less, you want to throw the whole thing out and start over?

In '08 Ben threw just one TD and only one pick and we were once again in a position of having the ball, down by 3 because once again a receiver (this time Larry Fitzgerald) beat one of our crack DB's and romped to the end zone with about two minutes on the clock and Ben had a chance to win and he did it and we all thought he was the Second Coming.

Last night, Ben threw two picks, one of which was his fault the other was more Wallace's fault than Ben's and he threw for two TD's and a 2 point conversion and despite all of the points that the DEFENSE and our shiny new KICKER GAVE UP, not to mention the fumble courtesy of our STAR RUNNING BACK we still ended up with the ball with two minutes left and a chance to win only this time the miracle didn't happen.

Ben may have been responsible for that extra six points we needed by virtue of a very poor throw, but HE didn't allow the Packers to score THE OTHER 24 POINTS -- our vaunted Defense did that and you want to get rid of BEN?

For Chrissakes, Ben's not blameless in all of this but he certainly wasn't the MOST RESPONSIBLE for this loss. There were 21 other guys out there who each had a little something to do with it not to mention Shaun "Norwood" and his "Oh-shit-it-went-left-again" who nearly missed an extra point which would have left us seven points behind.

It's one bad game, okay?

I know that many think it's our birthright to win Superbowls all the time but the reality is that sometimes we simply don't.

quiggle
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
people tend to remember the worse thorns sticking out than the best sweetness. like here in New York when they talked about Eugene Pettitte retiring the other day, oh look the stats were great but it was that one or two games in the 2001 World Series that stuck out most.

Farrior_roirraW
02-07-2011, 04:06 PM

:rofl::toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
02-07-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/this-thread-sucks/1/bobs-stupid.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
02-07-2011, 04:11 PM
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/caution_stupid_kids.jpg

Fire Arians
02-07-2011, 04:13 PM
fire the whole team and let's start from scratch like cleveland! yeah!!

StainlessStill
02-07-2011, 04:15 PM

ban.

MACH1
Brett Favre

vasteeler
why? why cant i trust my instincts and stay away from here for a few days. i understand the op's frustration but damn, quarterback is not the problem.

question for the op. was yesterday the first game you have watched?

MACH1
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/_shit_for_brains_stupid_people-s383x383-62652-580.jpg

Bubbabanjo
02-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Lets trade Pittsburgh to Egypt................the fans have gone loopy.

Ben stays.

The dude is an Ironman. Plays no matter what. I think he got dinged even more in the 2nd half of the Jets game. Didnt look good from then on. He started sailing passes in the 2nd half of the Jets right thru the SB.

A bigger question is Troy............can we count on him? I think he has played with a bum wheel since the Cincy game. He never looked the same after that one. He cant make it thru a year healthy any more.

And then theres our long list of grey beards...........lots to look at. I dont think I would be making another problem right now.

Farrior_roirraW
02-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Someone should put this thread out of its misery. :chuckle:

GMU Steeler
02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
He had a crappy game but trading him is an awful idea. You act like Batch, Dixon, Leftwich, or whomever could just step in and get us back to the Super Bowl. Remember we only had one Super Bowl apparenace between 1979 and 2005 and the string of QBs we had in those twenty six years were far from impressive. I'm upset after last night too but let's be reasonable here. And I also think fans of most of the otehr teams would salivate if they could have a quarterback of Ben's caliber.

NYC_Steeler
02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
This is the reason why sometimes I just avoid the forum - stuid posts like these deserve to be removed permanently. Yes, Ben had his head up his arse in SB XLV, but when you think about all of the problems this team has had, you're amazed they made it this far. The game was winnable and Ben & Co. wound up giving it away. But to even think about getting rid of the guy that has gotten you 2 SB rings and how long it's been since we had a great QB since Bradshaw, it makes you wonder about a thread like this.

spro
02-07-2011, 05:10 PM
NO !!!!! Do you remember what it was like before Big Ben arrived in 2004?Remember Tommy Maddox? It was awful. We didn't win a Super Bowl for 25 years before Ben arrived!
And I certainly don't think he's going downhill at 28.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Ok...I'm sticking a knife in this thread. It's dead.