PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey?

SteelCityScotty
02-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I doubt he'd leave the Falcons to make a lateral move rather than a promotion to head coach, but would anyone be excited to bring Mike Mularkey back as offensive coordinator if Arians is fired?

I don't think Arians will be fired, despite what some people may hope for, but if he did leave and we needed a replacement, Mularkey would be my choice. His bag of trick plays made the Steelers extra fun to watch when he was on the staff.

SteelCityMom
02-07-2011, 06:09 PM
They don't necessarily need to fire Arians, this was the last year in his contract. If they don't offer him a new one, that's pretty much your answer lol.

I wouldn't mind Mularkey back at all, but that's a long shot at best I think.

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I doubt he'd leave the Falcons to make a lateral move rather than a promotion to head coach, but would anyone be excited to bring Mike Mularkey back as offensive coordinator if Arians is fired?

I don't think Arians will be fired, despite what some people may hope for, but if he did leave and we needed a replacement, Mularkey would be my choice. His bag of trick plays made the Steelers extra fun to watch when he was on the staff.

Mularkey will not leave Atlanta for anything other than a HC position - he has a very good (but not as good as some Atlanta fans think) QB in Ryan, Arthur Blank probably pays better than the Rooneys, and if the Falcons ever make it back to the Super Bowl (good luck beating Green Bay to get there) everyone will be thrilled - unless you win the Super Bowl in Pittsburgh a portion of the fan base thinks the season has been a disaster (there is a poll up on the Post-Gazette where 12% believe this season was a "huge disappointment")

Sixburgher
02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
unless you win the Super Bowl in Pittsburgh a portion of the fan base thinks the season has been a disaster (there is a poll up on the Post-Gazette where 12% believe this season was a "huge disappointment")

And they also think that a complete housecleaning is in order.

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2011, 06:24 PM
And they also think that a complete housecleaning is in order.

That got 10% :chuckle: ("I want to see big coaching and player changes in the off-season") - but that might have been the box to check for some since there was no "Fire Arians Now" option

http://www.post-gazette.com/polls/Default.asp