PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Roethlisberger to other QBs

BlaZeQuietly
02-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I saw in another thread where people were ranking QBs on a scale. Now that I am over last nights flop by the ruthless burger I have to say you really can't compare him to any one. If you do what are you basing it on? Numbers? I sure hope not he doesn't put up squat compared to manning breeze rogers OR rivers, he would rank more along the lines of Sanchez Delhomme and Alex Smith. So lets not put him on any scale. What he is, what I've come to realize is a perfect fit for the steelers, and I love watching him play, it is hilarious to see three linemen getting dragged down the field by big ben, he is just a unique quarterback that will never put up big numbers, and who played like crap last night... but I forgive him and I hope there is a season next year, I can't wait to see a pissed off steelers team with something to prove, its going to be scary :tt03:

ZoneBlitzer
02-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Right now, I'd have to say that Sanchez will surpass Ben in the not too distant future.

steelers2685
02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
To me, it's still about the W's. I love how on NFL Network they started talking today about how you can't judge a quarterback by his ring count because SB rings are a team thing, yet, didn't they hype all these years about how Brady has 3 and Manning only one? So now why the change of a story? In my eyes, Ben is a great player. He is proof that you don't need to have perfect passing accuracy, or the fastest 40, or anything else necessary to be one of these posterboy quarterbacks. Besides that, keep in mind, Elway lost a few Super Bowls, Warner lost a couple, and these are still guys that are viewed as great QB's from their days. Sooner or later, people will have to come to realize that Ben is a great player. I don't care if he throws for 30 yards a game or 500+, he is the guy I want to have the ball. Last night, I was never as patient and calm as I was when they began that two minute drill. Clearly there was confusion trying to get the WR's lined up, having only one time out, and overall, GB's defense rose to the occasion. Ben is what now, 10-3 in playoffs including 2 SB wins? Doesn't matter to me one bit what his rating is, it is evident he can still compete with the rest, and once everyone gets off this Rodgers bandwagon come next season, Ben will be viewed as an intricate part to the Steelers success.

steelers2685
02-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Right now, I'd have to say that Sanchez will surpass Ben in the not too distant future.

Only reason I'd say there's a chance is because they spend money for weapons. Think about Ben if he had LT, Tone, Brad Smith, and the slew of other talents on that team. Rightfully so, we have our own, but by no means that depth. (That's if, by the way, NYJ resigns a lot of them)

Fire Arians
02-07-2011, 09:30 PM

that's crazy talk. maybe he'll surpass ben in under 21 year old girls he scored with, but not on the football field.

ben had a bad game at the wrong time, but he's still leaps and bounds better than most qb's in this league.

SH-Rock
02-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I would Ben in the Top Tier, not the God Tier with Brady and Manning, but with Brees, Vick (if he continues to play well next year), Rodgers

BehindSteelCurtain
02-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Maybe it was the best thing for the team.....Humbled them a little bit, Maybe a wake-up call to Ben.

wootawnee
02-07-2011, 11:23 PM
The Green Bay Packers were the better team...............

Ben is just fine........

Gay sucks.........

McFadden lost his composure in Arizona...............

Wallace needs to step up......

Where was Heath?.....

Mendy fumbled.....

Why didnt we run?

Where was the no huddle?....

Dumb penalties......

One missed block = a pick 6..........

See what I mean?.........If everyone else plays better then Ben is hoisting his 3rd Lombardi......

The best team always wins big games.........The Steelers were not the best........

SteelKid212
02-07-2011, 11:49 PM

Ben is just fine........

Gay sucks.........

Where was Heath?.....

Mendy fumbled.....

Why didnt we run?

Dumb penalties......

See what I mean?.........If everyone else plays better then Ben is hoisting his 3rd Lombardi......

The best team always wins big games.........The Steelers were not the best........

^^ this.... nothing but the truth.

omg thank you for being smart, one of the smartes posts ive read since the super bowl ended.

xli...
02-07-2011, 11:53 PM

Ben is just fine........

Gay sucks.........

Where was Heath?.....

Mendy fumbled.....

Why didnt we run?

Dumb penalties......

All truth. Very nicely put.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Ben is still one of only two QBs active in the NFL to start 3 SBs, and also one of only two to win 2. It comes down to this.
Super Bowl IX
5 Takeaways
2 Giveaways
Super Bowl X
3 Takeaways
0 Giveaways
Super Bowl XIII
3 Takeaways
3 Giveaways
Super Bowl XIV
1 Takeaway
3 Giveaways
Super Bowl XL
1 Takeaway
2 Giveaways
Super Bowl XLIII
2 Takeaways
1 Giveaway

So in 6 wins, that's 15 Takeaways and 11 Giveaways. I don't even have to show the stats from the two losses...ZERO Takeaways and 6 Giveaways. It wasn't that the winning teams don't turn the ball over...it's that the defense gives the slightest bit of help so that it can made up for. What if Willie Williams can come up with just one INT in SB XXX? Or if Harrison can force just one fumble? That's why it's a team game.

4xSBChamps
02-08-2011, 01:31 AM
your post made me just think of something, although it's unrelated to'Comparing Roethlisberger to other QBs'...

Why didnt we run?

when we were running the ball down their throats in the 3rd quarter & down 21-17, why didn't we call consecutive running-plays while using the hurry-up, no-huddle offense?

GB was sucking-wind, and giving-up yards at an alarming rate, so I assume they'd have had-to call a time-out to re-group, which would've allowed our OL to re-compose themselves, and run 3-4 more plays at their weak under-belly in quick-order:
they'da sued for peace

sorry for going off-topic, but I will resume thinking that we should've continued pounding the rock at GB's Left-side while mounting a furious comeback

:banging:

TRH
02-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Ben's just FINE.
There were many other factors that contributed MORE to our loss than Ben....terrible defense, stupid penalties, dumb coaching decisions (52 yard attempt for Suisham? are you serious?), Mendy fumbling, Troy and Harrison's almost non-existence....

The thing is....Brees' team got knocked out early. Manning. Out early. Brady. Didn't even make it to the championship game.
Are those citie's fans calling for those guy's heads on a platter ?

CargoJon
02-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Ben is a top 5 QB in the league.

I say he's #5 behind Brady/Brees/Manning/Rogers. I don't count Rivers because he's a stat-***** who doesn't know how to win big games.

Sixburgher
02-08-2011, 08:59 AM

LOL. Based on what, exactly?