PDA

View Full Version : The Media made The Steelers look bad.

Deserei90
02-07-2011, 09:51 PM
No, I'm not talking about what happened on the field last night, I'm talking about last week. With all the fiasco about Hines being in a strip club, Ben being at the bar. Have people thinking The Steelers weren't even focused on trying to win the SB, instead partying well the Packers were keeping quiet. I at least heard some people say that about The Steelers. You know that team that just can''t stay out of trouble. I hate complaining, but it was something that has been bothering me ever since we lost. With everyone picking GB to win. The hatred for The Steelers all of a sudden by people who I didn't think had a vendetta aganist. Roger Goodell making that comment about Big Ben. Right now, it's killing me bad. since this would be my first time seeing the steelers lose a SB, because I was very young when they lost to the cowboys, and didn't follow football then. I felt in My heart that The Steelers were out to prove everyone wrong, but didn't. Hearing all the haters bask in the glory of us losing, makes me sick to my stomach. all ur going to hear is non stop the rapist didn't win, or the rapist didn't deserve to win. I seriously want to punch somebody out lol. This is something I hate to feel right now, but that's just how I feel. I still love my team no matter what, but I get the feeling we are the troubled team in peoples eyes.

BehindSteelCurtain
02-07-2011, 09:59 PM
They werent focused.

SH-Rock
02-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Still doesn't make a loss okay.

Deserei90
02-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry y'all, I'm just very pissed off about it. It'll blow over soon, Hopefully.:noidea:

MattsMe
02-07-2011, 10:36 PM
The media crucified Ben similar to the way other public figures are treated regardless of the reality of their situations. It's the latest formula for good ratings.

As for the comment about the rapist not winning, look at it this way. If the same criteria for saying that about Ben is used to describe the Packers, then the rapists won after all.

Seven Packers were accused of sexual assault during the offseason, and just like in Ben's case the women involved changed their story so no charges were filed. Unlike Ben though, one of the players is still under investigation.

Where were the headlines for that at halftime?

BigRick
02-07-2011, 10:40 PM
The media crucified Ben similar to the way other public figures are treated regardless of the reality of their situations. It's the latest formula for good ratings.

As for the comment about the rapist not winning, look at it this way. If the same criteria for saying that about Ben is used to describe the Packers, then the rapists won after all.

Seven Packers were accused of sexual assault during the offseason, and just like in Ben's case the women involved changed their story so no charges were filed. Unlike Ben though, one of the players is still under investigation.

Yeah I thought that was pretty shitty. Had some of the same problems in Indy. Seems to have just went away. Makes one wonder. :banging::banging:

Farrior_roirraW
02-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Really, the only thing for me that is still clinging to the loss and not being able to let it go is the fact how little the Steelers were given credit for anything they had accomplished this season. Being underdogs in the media and still losing just sucks. Especially with all the hate swarming around Ben and Pittsburgh.

Deserei90
02-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Really, the only thing for me that is still clinging to the loss and not being able to let it go is the fact how little the Steelers were given credit for anything they had accomplished this season. Being underdogs in the media and still losing just sucks. Especially with all the hate swarming around Ben and Pittsburgh.That is what kills me deeply.:banging:

blkngld4ever
02-07-2011, 11:36 PM
No, I'm not talking about what happened on the field last night, I'm talking about last week. With all the fiasco about Hines being in a strip club, Ben being at the bar. Have people thinking The Steelers weren't even focused on trying to win the SB, instead partying well the Packers were keeping quiet. I at least heard some people say that about The Steelers. You know that team that just can''t stay out of trouble. I hate complaining, but it was something that has been bothering me ever since we lost. With everyone picking GB to win. The hatred for The Steelers all of a sudden by people who I didn't think had a vendetta aganist. Roger Goodell making that comment about Big Ben. Right now, it's killing me bad. since this would be my first time seeing the steelers lose a SB, because I was very young when they lost to the cowboys, and didn't follow football then. I felt in My heart that The Steelers were out to prove everyone wrong, but didn't. Hearing all the haters bask in the glory of us losing, makes me sick to my stomach. all ur going to hear is non stop the rapist didn't win, or the rapist didn't deserve to win. I seriously want to punch somebody out lol. This is something I hate to feel right now, but that's just how I feel. I still love my team no matter what, but I get the feeling we are the troubled team in peoples eyes.

I hear you bro. The hate here in Idaho has just got me floored. News today says 111,000,000 people watched the most watched show in history and all of them very happy. WTF?.

TRH
02-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Hines is out at a strip club....Ben and the line are out singing karaoke....then they interview Clay Mathews and he's saying he doesn't do anything but go back to his room and study for the game.
Then we look lifeless and lose.
How does this scenario look now? Not good....

xli...
02-07-2011, 11:40 PM

What I hate hearing is all this shiAt about Ben NOW not being clutch? How he needs to redeem himself once more. Wasn't he redeemed in the media last week before the Super Bowl?

Just shows that a single win and completely change the media's mind about anything. Last month Brady was a god. Now Rodgers is the next great QB. It's just bothering.

stb_steeler
02-07-2011, 11:41 PM
They all watched cuase they wanted to see us lose......that way there they can gloat.

TRH
02-07-2011, 11:42 PM
What I hate hearing is all this shiAt about Ben NOW not being clutch? How he needs to redeem himself once more. Wasn't he redeemed in the media last week before the Super Bowl?

Just shows that a single win and completely change the media's mind about anything. Last month Brady was a god. Now Rodgers is the next great QB. It's just bothering.

Welcome to the year 2011 and the age of "blogging" where anyone who can type into a keyboard is now an "expert analyst".
It's now "what have you done for me lately.......like in the last 5 minutes".
It's terrible.

FanSince72
02-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Hines is out at a strip club....Ben and the line are out singing karaoke....then they interview Clay Mathews and he's saying he doesn't do anything but go back to his room and study for the game.
Then we look lifeless and lose.
How does this scenario look now? Not good....

Bingo!

We have a winner!!!

There's a huge "Family Values" shift in this country and that's what's working against us right now.

But even in a more laid back society, a story about a linebacker from a fabled and beloved Midwestern team retiring early to study his playbook is ALWAYS going to go over better with the public than a story about some hotshot player from a northeastern team with an already battered reputation staying out all night getting lap dances or doing shooters with his buddies in a bar..

The moral of the story is simple. If you don't want the media talking about you going to a strip club, then don't go to a strip club.