PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh43
02-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Since Sunday night, I haven't watched watched ESPN. I haven't watched any channel or logged onto any websites that would make me re-live the nightmare that we all endured. I truly love this team, as do all of you. I was young during SB XXX, about 6 years old, but I still cried when the final seconds ticked off that clock. And I'm not embarassed to admit that I was teary eyed when the final seconds ticked off the clock on Sunday night.

This loss was terrible. It was more shock, than sadness, although the sadness was definitely there. This game was the ultimate rollercoaster ride. We were driving late in the game and I really thought we were going to come out on top ..and then Mendenhall fumbled. Pure heartbreak. This wasn't the lone reason we lost though. We played a crappy game in all phases of football and we still had chances. You gotta love the resilience, the fight and the never-back-down attitude of this football team.

But we have to realize that we are spoiled as Steelers fans. We have 6 trophies. SIX. More than any other team in the NFL. Be proud of this team, Steelers Nation. We survived 4 games without our QB, a couple without the Defensive Player of the Year, a patch-work offensive line, multiple injuries and distractions and we made it to the biggest stage in all of sports.

This team will come back more focused and hungrier than ever. Having been so close to glory and having it snatched away, this team will fight next season like a starving wolf. We'll be back Steelers Nation. You can count on that. And I can't wait to enjoy the ride with all you guys again.

Here We Go Steelers! :tt03:

-Pitt43

Men of Steel
02-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Since Sunday night, I haven't watched watched ESPN. I haven't watched any channel or logged onto any websites that would make me re-live the nightmare that we all endured. I truly love this team, as do all of you. I was young during SB XXX, about 6 years old, but I still cried when the final seconds ticked off that clock. And I'm not embarassed to admit that I was teary eyed when the final seconds ticked off the clock on Sunday night.

This loss was terrible. It was more shock, than sadness, although the sadness was definitely there. This game was the ultimate rollercoaster ride. We were driving late in the game and I really thought we were going to come out on top ..and then Mendenhall fumbled. Pure heartbreak. This wasn't the lone reason we lost though. We played a crappy game in all phases of football and we still had chances. You gotta love the resilience, the fight and the never-back-down attitude of this football team.

But we have to realize that we are spoiled as Steelers fans. We have 6 trophies. SIX. More than any other team in the NFL. Be proud of this team, Steelers Nation. We survived 4 games without our QB, a couple without the Defensive Player of the Year, a patch-work offensive line, multiple injuries and distractions and we made it to the biggest stage in all of sports.

This team will come back more focused and hungrier than ever. Having been so close to glory and having it snatched away, this team will fight next season like a starving wolf. We'll be back Steelers Nation. You can count on that. And I can't wait to enjoy the ride with all you guys again.

Here We Go Steelers! :tt03:

-Pitt43

I share your pain, and your optimism. amen brotha, amen. :drink::thumbsup::tt03:

Deserei90
02-08-2011, 04:43 AM
Yeah, the SB lost stings, but I'm so proud of my team for giving us a hell of a season. With everything they've been through, people didn't even see them making the playoffs this year, let alone make The SB. It just wasn't meant to be for us this year. I'm so glad that alot of Steeler fans are handling this lost very classy and not blaming the refs or anything. This is why we are the best. Hopefully, we won't have a lockout come Next Season, because deep down my heart I know this time we will take it all next year. It's just a matter of time. I'm so blessed to be a fan of a team like The Steelers, win or lose, nothing compares to steeler football and how awesome it is to be a Steelers fan. Love you all!!:drink::tt03::tt04: