PDA

View Full Version : Canada can have him.....

DIESELMAN
05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Jason Cole, writing for NBCSports.com, reports undrafted rookie free agent QB Marcus Vick (Virginia Tech) is unlikely to receive a contract offer from the Miami Dolphins. Vick did not take a snap at quarterback Sunday, May 7, and worked as a wide receiver instead. At this point in time, Vick does not have the skills to play in the NFL and is best suited for the Canadian Football League, where Toronto holds his rights.

Ambridge
05-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Maybe Marcus and Ricky Williams can crash the border together??

clevestinks
05-08-2006, 12:45 PM
I knew he would have to run to the border eventually

Ambridge
05-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I hope someone tells Marcus that Canada is north of the United States.

tony hipchest
05-08-2006, 01:39 PM
I hope someone tells Marcus that Canada is north of the United States.hell, he could be in central america by now.

HburgXL06
05-08-2006, 02:41 PM
hell, he could be in central america by now.

Last I heard Ricky Williams was in India...maybe Marcus can go join him there. I'm sure they could have a great time in the primarily lawless south Asian region....

BuFu

clevestinks
05-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Are we sure the reports wasnt that he was being transferred to a maxium security jail in Canada???

Ohio Steeler
05-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Jason Cole, writing for NBCSports.com, reports undrafted rookie free agent QB Marcus Vick (Virginia Tech) is unlikely to receive a contract offer from the Miami Dolphins. Vick did not take a snap at quarterback Sunday, May 7, and worked as a wide receiver instead. At this point in time, Vick does not have the skills to play in the NFL and is best suited for the Canadian Football League, where Toronto holds his rights.
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Petesburgh66
05-08-2006, 04:58 PM
The Steelers are my team in the NFL.

The Toronto Argos are my team in the CFL... and I don't know what to make of this. The Argos lately have been bringing in guys that are considered bad news like R Jay Soward and Bernard Williams. From what I heard and read in the papers, these guys have turned it around with the help of the Argos, mostly because of coach Mike "Pinball" Clemons. Pinball is fan favorite like Bettis, and is strong believer of second chances (due to his faith). With Vick, it's more of maturity issue with him. I don't think Pinball can help him unless Vick helps himself.

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-08-2006, 09:11 PM
I can't believe the Ravens didn't take him. He'd feel right at home.