PDA

View Full Version : New Coaches

SteelCityScotty
02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Okay, so this is a VERY hypothetical scenario, but let's just say that Arians is not retained by the Steelers AND LeBeau decides to step aside/retire, would anyone be interested in bringing in a pair of coaches from the Titans to fill those openings?

Mike Heimerdinger was just fired by the Titans and Jeff Fisher is now unemployed as well. They've worked together for a number of years. What about Heimerdinger for the new offensive coordinator and Fisher as the new defensive coordinator?

Like I said, the idea is probably very far fetched, but it's now the offseason so it's fun to occupy our time with some hypothetical thoughts.

Fire Arians
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
butler as the d-coordinator.

anyone who uses a fullback in the offense or at least attempts to attack weaknesses would be an upgrade over airhead

pete74
02-08-2011, 01:46 PM
fisher wont do it. he will take the year off then pick were he wants to coach next year. fisher will get the 1st pick next year of teams needing a head coach

ebsteelers
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
yeah fisher will take the year off..

lol air head... maybe i'll put my name in the mix for oc... at least will have a fullback,

fordfan485
02-08-2011, 03:36 PM
What about Brad Childress for OC, Tomlin has worked with him when he was in Minnesota. Though tomlin did bolt after a year for a HC job so maybe he didnt enjoy working with him.

SteelCityScotty
02-08-2011, 04:03 PM
What about Brad Childress for OC, Tomlin has worked with him when he was in Minnesota. Though tomlin did bolt after a year for a HC job so maybe he didnt enjoy working with him.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Childress to become the offensive coordinator if Arians leaves. He's had success as a coach, and as you said, he's familiar with Tomlin.

Speaking of former head coaches, I'm guessing no one would support Eric Mangini as a potential replacement if LeBeau leaves? :chuckle: Just a thought...

Finally, Norm Chow is another guy I would like as an offensive coordinator. He's now with the Utah Utes and hasn't coached in the NFL since 2007, but he did help develop quarterbacks such as Steve Young, Philip Rivers and Carson Palmer.

BKAnthem
02-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I like Chow but as a QB coach ...Childress i wouldn't mind as an OC

MDSteel15
02-08-2011, 05:34 PM
NOBODY who has ever been in the fold of the Cheatriots! NO ONE!!!

Steelboy84
02-09-2011, 05:02 PM

He's a west coast OC.

Ben isn't a west coast QB.

Rick5895
02-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing in Childress to become the offensive coordinator if Arians leaves. He's had success as a coach, and as you said, he's familiar with Tomlin.

Speaking of former head coaches, I'm guessing no one would support Eric Mangini as a potential replacement if LeBeau leaves? :chuckle: Just a thought...

Finally, Norm Chow is another guy I would like as an offensive coordinator. He's now with the Utah Utes and hasn't coached in the NFL since 2007, but he did help develop quarterbacks such as Steve Young, Philip Rivers and Carson Palmer.

First of all you didn't say it but hiemerdinger is Ill (cancer), I personally think Childress is a boob.
BUtler would be our DC since permission wasn't granted to talk to cardinals.

If we don't retain B.A. why not hire from within, someone familiar with our players, like Scottie Montgomery. He did a great job with our young WR's this season and he knows the personell. Could he be any worse than Brucey!!?? I think not!

ricardisimo
02-11-2011, 01:04 AM
What, exactly, is the obsession on this board with the Titans?:noidea:

fer522
02-11-2011, 10:45 AM
fire Arians!!
i mean don't resign Arians!!!

Steelerindc
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
What about the Bartkowski, didn't he just get fired from CinCi? He was Ben's QB coach for a while right?