PDA

View Full Version : Ben's knee

steelersfansince78
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Did anyone else notice after Ben slipped on that horrid turf and came up gimpy his knee on his plant foot was jacked up? My wife noticed this, and so did I and my nephew as we watched the replay of Ben grimacing on the following play when he ran for a first down. I think he was definitely affected by that for the rest of the game. Because it was on his plant foot. I noticed no one else on here has picked up on this, instead focusing on the turnovers and lack of Troy and Timmons coming through on D, amongst other issues.

Ya never know, but it is something to think about. I think his knee may have had a dramatic affect on alot of the bad throws the rest of the game. Any thoughts?

pete74
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
its his knee not his arm and he had a really nice run after that happened so im sure it was fine

quiggle
02-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Ben is fine, he just did that grimace and limp to throw off the Packers into thinking he was injured. worked very well the next play.

FanSince72
02-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Ben is fine, he just did that grimace and limp to throw off the Packers into thinking he was injured. worked very well the next play.

Bingo!

He did the exact same thing with the "thigh bruise" in the Jet game.

Steelers>NFL
02-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Drama queen!

stb_steeler
02-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Dont forget the ankle.......:coffee:

stb_steeler
02-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Nose

FanSince72
02-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Drama queen!

Maybe sometimes.

But I like the fact that he can have something happen to him and then use it to his advantage. In fact, when I saw him grab his knee, I actually thought to myself, "Watch him run for a first down on the next play"

That was one of the few things in that game that made me smile.

MDSteel15
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
He was limping later in the game, so i'm not sure he was faking! :noidea:

Steelers>NFL
02-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Maybe sometimes.

But I like the fact that he can have something happen to him and then use it to his advantage. In fact, when I saw him grab his knee, I actually thought to myself, "Watch him run for a first down on the next play"

That was one of the few things in that game that made me smile.

Funny. I said the exact same thing to my two buddies that you just said.
And they just laughed when I called it. One of the best moment on ther game.

Atlanta Dan
02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
At least he didn't pull a Brady and bravely claim after the loss he had been playing with incredible pain due to an injured foot but never get around to disclosing that until after a mediocre playoff performance

As others have posted, it appears his passing mechanics were screwed up due to the injury to his foot he incurred in the New England game from that time going forward

Roethlisberger blamed himself for the loss - who knows if he believes it but he shouldered the blame

MaineSteelerFan
02-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Drama queen!

He may be a Drama Queen to throw off the other team - but he's the toughest SOB in the NFL, lol.

Ricco Suavez
02-08-2011, 04:44 PM
I actually made a comment about this in one of the threads right after the game. I believe it was more painful than we will know. You watch the replay this week, DVR if you have it and he twisted it pretty good, much worse than Cutlers injury looked like.. I know he ran right after but he was in the biggest game of the year I am sure he was trying to play through. "Drama" aside Ben plays hurt as much as any QB since Brett Favre. He played one of the worst games he played all year, it is just no one else stepped up like in the past and pulled this out for us. With all we did wrong we still had a chance late, still bums me out.

JJ7
02-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Agreed, we have the toughest QB!

cloppbeast
02-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Bingo!

He did the exact same thing with the "thigh bruise" in the Jet game.

I'm going with the drama queen theory.

Atlanta Dan
02-08-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm going with the drama queen theory.

I am shocked:jawdrop:

quiggle
02-08-2011, 06:46 PM
also, he didn't really break his nose either, that was just Big Ben BBQ sauce dripping down.

BigRick
02-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Agreed, we have the toughest QB!

Amen. He didn't quit on his team like Cutler did.:helmet:

tube517
02-08-2011, 10:17 PM
He staged the whole Millidgeville incident as well as the motorcycle crash to get "redemption" Very much the drama queen.....:chuckle:

KordellO'Donnell
02-08-2011, 10:34 PM
he can take a licking and keep on ticking, right after that limping knee injury he runs the ball, makes ya wonder huh?
I gotta say Ben takes the hits but so does everyone else in the league, how many times in his career has Hines Ward be hit hard and didnt drop the catch? HE gets up smiling!

Ben gets back up, limps around, backup QB starts warming up, then he just keep playing, throwing interceptions. Puhhhlease know when to say when Ben!:banging:

How about that appendix? Why did they let him play like a week afterwards? Sure I bet he said he was fine and could play but what the heck!

xli...
02-08-2011, 10:37 PM
So whats the plan to fix that foot of his? No more size 15.5 shoe that we have to keep hearing about.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-09-2011, 03:49 PM
I thought the Appendicitis fake sceanrio was his best effort yet. To get cut open than rush to get back.

But honestly, faking a near death experience with the Buick was his classic fake right go left move yet.

Bens a phony, a phony that can start on my team for the next 10 years. i'll take it.

Rick5895
02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Did anyone else notice after Ben slipped on that horrid turf and came up gimpy his knee on his plant foot was jacked up? My wife noticed this, and so did I and my nephew as we watched the replay of Ben grimacing on the following play when he ran for a first down. I think he was definitely affected by that for the rest of the game. Because it was on his plant foot. I noticed no one else on here has picked up on this, instead focusing on the turnovers and lack of Troy and Timmons coming through on D, amongst other issues.

Ya never know, but it is something to think about. I think his knee may have had a dramatic affect on alot of the bad throws the rest of the game. Any thoughts?

I think it may have affected him to a degree, If it was injured and he wasn't able to "plant" the leg on his throws it might explain the tendency for the high throws.