PDA

View Full Version : Byron errrr Bam Morris

Haiku_Dirtt
05-08-2006, 03:11 PM
This just in... OJ is petitioning Pete Carroll for one more year of elgibility.

Oh and Bam wants to be a Steeler.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/today/s_451488.html

It'll cost practically nothing to give him a shot.

I say Why Not!

SteelerFanInCA
05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
If the FO can get a feel for him on whether he has definitely cleaned up his act, then it might be worth a look. I guess we have nothing to lose but a "thanks for coming".

clevestinks
05-08-2006, 03:26 PM
NO way! after he turned to Cowher and taunted him as a ratbird, No Way

Stlrs4Life
05-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Just say No to that Bum Bam!

Avoid Lloyd
05-08-2006, 05:46 PM
If the FO can get a feel for him on whether he has definitely cleaned up his act, then it might be worth a look. I guess we have nothing to lose but a "thanks for coming".

lol, no chance in Hell.

This guy is a turd sandwich.

DIESELMAN
05-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Puff Puff Give....Yeah right no way bro....

Black@Gold Forever32
05-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Bam is 34 years old. Hell No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He hasn't took an NFL hit for how many years. No Bam Morris. Might as well bring Tim Worley back if they sign Bam Morris.

PisnNapalm
05-08-2006, 08:41 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Thanks. heh I needed a good laugh.

Haiku_Dirtt
05-08-2006, 09:07 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Thanks. heh I needed a good laugh.

I did too. :sofunny: You're welcome.

clevestinks
05-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Old fumblelitis Worley? Bam would have a better chance signing with the yankees, atleast the have prison stripes

Tim
05-09-2006, 09:19 AM
We could always use some more realistic tackling dummies.

clevestinks
05-09-2006, 04:25 PM
We could always use some more realistic tackling dummies.
Now that is a role even he could fit, as long as we dont test tackling dummies:dang:

Steel Pit
05-10-2006, 05:15 AM
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie! If we sign Eddie I'll be in here to tell you nay sayers that I told you so.:yep:

83-Steelers-43
05-10-2006, 09:24 AM
We should dump Parker and Duce and just sign Eddie George and Bam. Dump Ben and sign McNair maybe? See my plan is to get this team stacked with geriatrics. There's a plan. :rolleyes:

Suitanim
05-10-2006, 09:26 AM
I think it's more likely the Steelers will sign Eddie Munster than Eddie George.

Big D
05-10-2006, 09:29 AM
i got even a better idea cut ben and staley and parker. sign marcus vick and maurice clarrett and bam can share the backfield. I'm talking dynasty for 20 years to come

clevestinks
05-10-2006, 09:35 AM
I think it's more likely the Steelers will sign Eddie Munster than Eddie George.
LOL :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

SteelersNationsfl
05-10-2006, 08:23 PM
When is the NFL supposed to reach a decision on this matter? I would like to see him
come back to the team again after his rough road in life. I have never served
prison time or anything like that but, if a person makes a turn around like he
has and he is clean and passes all this drug tests then I say hey why not.
Anyway keep us updated on this matter.

83-Steelers-43
05-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Anyway keep us updated on this matter.

Update: He's 34 years old. Did two years in prison. He's done. If you actually think the Steelers would return his phone calls let alone bring him into camp you should immediately throw yourself off the Clemente bridge.

Steel Pit
05-11-2006, 02:24 AM
We should dump Parker and Duce and just sign Eddie George and Bam. Dump Ben and sign McNair maybe? See my plan is to get this team stacked with geriatrics. There's a plan. :rolleyes:

Nobody said anything about dumping any of our RB'S.

You seem to believe that our RB situation is set but I assure you that the Steelers will sign and "keep" another RB on the roster, A VETERAN RB! Verron Haynes is without a doubt listed on our depth chart as a RB, but I will say once again that he continues to make the roster because he is our backup FB. He played FB in college and that's his primary position with the Steelers, FB!

That leaves us with Willie, Duce, Cedric and Verron if he's needed. If you simply factor in one long-term injury to Willie or Duce then you will see that our RB position would be in a bad spot. The Steelers will sign another RB and I believe that it will be Eddie George due to his great off the field demeanor and the projected low salary that he would require.

83-Steelers-43
05-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Nobody said anything about dumping any of our RB'S.

You seem to believe that our RB situation is set but I assure you that the Steelers will sign and "keep" another RB on the roster, A VETERAN RB! Verron Haynes is without a doubt listed on our depth chart as a RB, but I will say once again that he continues to make the roster because he is our backup FB. He played FB in college and that's his primary position with the Steelers, FB!

That leaves us with Willie, Duce, Cedric and Verron if he's needed. If you simply factor in one long-term injury to Willie or Duce then you will see that our RB position would be in a bad spot. The Steelers will sign another RB and I believe that it will be Eddie George due to his great off the field demeanor and the projected low salary that he would require.

I never stated that I'm completely comfortable with our running back situation. I just don't agree with bringing in RB's where it states in their contracts that the Rooney's have to pay for their diapers and poligrip.

Steel Pit
05-11-2006, 06:39 AM
I never stated that I'm completely comfortable with our running back situation. I just don't agree with bringing in RB's where it states in their contracts that the Rooney's have to pay for their diapers and poligrip.

Well I'll respectfully say that we put up with Bettis a few years longer than I anticipated.
I may end up being wrong on Eddie George but my instincts tell me we'll sign him.

83-Steelers-43
05-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Well I'll respectfully say that we put up with Bettis a few years longer than I anticipated.
I may end up being wrong on Eddie George but my instincts tell me we'll sign him.

First off, the Rooney's did not "put up" with Jerome Bettis. They wanted him. Comparing Jerome Bettis's situation in Pittsburgh to the Rooney's bringing in a currently retired and old Eddie George is apples and oranges. We are talking about a player that was with this organization for ten years where the Steelers FO was able to monitor his playing abilities and health status from year to year. While also having excellent leadership skills he also helped us win a few games this past season that were must wins (Chicago game comes to mind). I'm willing to put up my house that we won't be seeing Eddie George sporting a Steeler jersey.

TexaSteeler
05-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Everyone wants a free ride on the bandwagon of a champion.

clevestinks
05-12-2006, 09:41 AM
From KDKA

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Could former Pittsburgh Steeler Bam Morris be making a return to town?

Morris is trying to make a comeback.

He came out of college after his junior year at Texas Tech where he won the Doak Walker Award for best college running back.

The Steelers liked his production and potential, so much so, that they drafted him in the third round in 1994.

He took the league by storm as a rookie and was the leading rusher in Super Bowl 30.

Morris was in the fast lane and eventually crashed -- drugs and alcohol did him in.

He got busted with four pounds of marijuana in his truck, was arrested three times for drug possession and distribution.

He also violated parole and went to prison for four and a half years.

His uniform went from black and gold to orange.

But after doing his time, Morris is now totally changed.

He's been drug free for 5 years and has petitioned the NFL for reinstatement.

While he waits, he works out hard every day and is now the leading rusher for an indoor league team in Texas.

Morris says he's a fresh 34 years old -- his body has not taken the wear and tear of most 34 year old running backs.

He would love to play again for the Steelers who offered no comment about the possibility that Morris could return to the black and gold.

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Once again, I'm happy the guy is drug-free and is getting his life back together. Not many take that road after getting busted. But he will never sport a Steeler jersey or any NFL jersey for that matter in my opinion.

Hypnotic
05-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I caught some of this news last week on Cold Pizza, I say no to this aswell.