PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else surprised by how little you care about the loss?

CrabbySteelerFan
02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Are any of you surprised by how little this Super Bowl loss affected you emotionally? If this had been the first Super Bowl they'd been to since 1996 I would have been pretty upset over the loss. The two recent Super Bowl wins really softened the blow though. I feel lucky to have seen them win one Super Bowl, let alone two. Making it to the Super Bowl this year was just bonus entertainment. (And hey, we beat the Ravens in the playoffs once again, which is almost as much fun as winning the Super Bowl to me.)

SH-Rock
02-08-2011, 08:56 PM
A loss is a loss is a loss in the Super Bowl. I felt horrible. Cried a little inside.

SteelCityMom
02-08-2011, 09:03 PM
I wasn't surprised by how well I took it. I prepared myself early for the loss, and not hating the Packers helped tremendously.

It always sucks to lose, but like you said, we've been lucky enough to witness 2 SB wins in the past 6 years. There are fans who don't even get to witness one in a lifetime.

We'll be back, I'm not worried.

Steelerz4Life
02-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Are any of you surprised by how little this Super Bowl loss affected you emotionally? If this had been the first Super Bowl they'd been to since 1996 I would have been pretty upset over the loss. The two recent Super Bowl wins really softened the blow though. I feel lucky to have seen them win one Super Bowl, let alone two. Making it to the Super Bowl this year was just bonus entertainment. (And hey, we beat the Ravens in the playoffs once again, which is almost as much fun as winning the Super Bowl to me.)

I am very p*ssed at it. Just go to my thread "Time to talk about the Real Big Ben", they guy who handed the Packers the Lombardi himself.

I will always hate the Packers. It would still suck if we lost to a team that was obviously better but that Packer team was not the better team. They had refs not calling holding on the Pack, but forget that. We had a chance to win and Ben choked big time.

SteelCityMom
02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
I am very p*ssed at it. Just go to my thread "Time to talk about the Real Big Ben", they guy who handed the Packers the Lombardi himself.

I will always hate the Packers. It would still suck if we lost to a team that was obviously better but that Packer team was not the better team. They had refs not calling holding on the Pack, but forget that. We had a chance to win and Ben choked big time.

Quit spreading your suck to other threads. Keep it in your own thread.

GMU Steeler
02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I wasn't surprised by how well I took it. I prepared myself early for the loss, and not hating the Packers helped tremendously.

It always sucks to lose, but like you said, we've been lucky enough to witness 2 SB wins in the past 6 years. There are fans who don't even get to witness one in a lifetime.

I think this is what it is for me too. I really have no hate for the Packers. And this was before a lot of their fans visited. And yep we've been very fortunate. I tried telling that to my nine year old brother who was worried about being picked on at school the next day. He was more worried about Ravens and Pats fans than Packer ones so I told him to ask where Ray Lewis and Tom Brady were on Sunday. And I agree we'll be back. Just gotta learn from the mistakes from this year and move on.

BigRick
02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Took it better than I expected. My wife eas ready to go visit relatives if they lost, she figured I would be really.really upset. I admit it hurt. But,I've been lucky enough to see the graestest football orginazition in the NFL win six Super Bowls. We as Steeler fans have been truly blessed.:helmet:

stb_steeler
02-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Ive seen all of the Steelers SB's....believe me we cant win em all...some dont have any!

JEFF4i
02-08-2011, 09:29 PM
I took it well, and have since.

The only thing sticking with me is that feeling of two minutes left, Ben has the ball, down by 6. That unease, but somewhat feeling that we can do it, disappointment at that I can't get past. Maybe I'm protective of Ben, that people will say he isn't always clutch, when I know he is.

Other than that, I picked the Packers to win it all this year, like Aaron Rodgers, and am still as rabidly in love with all of my Steelers as I always have been. So taken it pretty well.

PhantomJB93
02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Not that I wasn't devestated, I was pretty depressed until yesterday evening when I finally moved on to the "acceptance and let's look forward to Pens season and the draft" stage...but I kind of knew deep down inside all week that the Packers would win. No matter how many matchup arguments you could make, they just had that "team of destiny" feeling to them, and we didn't, and you could tell all postseason.

Also, the other two SB victories helped to get over it, it wasn't like this was our first championship appearance in 15 years...in fact I'd go as far as to say that if we had won, it wouldn't really have felt that "special," sure GB is a great team but I feel like it would have been like "yay, another SB" instead of "OMG WE WON," especially since the season itself as wasn't all that "spectacular" (It was a good season no doubt but we didn't really have any great , signature wins aside from the Ravens game and in comparison to, say, 08 it was kind of "meh" to be honest...we overcame adversity, sure, but looking at it from a football perspective it wasn't that memorable in terms of our play.) Looking on the bright side, I think this could do at least some good in the long run, hopefully it motivated our guys even more to go out and win it next year and to redeem themselves with another victory in the near future.

xli...
02-08-2011, 09:49 PM
I didn't feel much on Sunday.

Now, I kinda have the sick feeling in my gut. I could be ordering my 3rd Commemorative Edition Heinz ketchup bottle, and I can't. And it eats inside.

Losing blows...

FanSince72
02-08-2011, 09:55 PM

I feel pretty much the same way.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I really believe that we're always going to be a contender and will always have the opportunity to get to the SB and we have 40 years worth of success to justify that feeling.

So if we don't win one, we'll win another.

And like many others here, losing to to a quality opponent helped to soften the blow.

(still hurts though)

cloppbeast
02-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I went into this game expecting to lose, so when it happened it wasn't as much of a let down.

With 3 TOs and still having a chance to win the game in the 4th, I guess I underestimated the Steelers. The game was really a lot closer than it seems.

SoCalFan
02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Was not nearly as bad as O'donnells loss to the Cowgirls.

StainlessStill
02-08-2011, 10:28 PM
A loss is a loss is a loss in the Super Bowl. I felt horrible. Cried a little inside.

^This. It's very comforting into knowing that we STILL have the team together to contend for another 4 or so years. I think we will CERTAINLY be back in the big dance sooner than anyone else could expect. I'm actually taking comfort coming in and actually talking about it to you guys. However, I will NOT watch replays. Probably EVER.

With that said, I still feel really shitty about this one. Kind of have that pressure on my chest into thinking our 7th title was RIGHT on our lap following one HELLUVA football season. This season sure was fun and the comeback against Baltimore in the Divisional Round was magic.

It hit me about 4 hours after the game and I teared up a bit. However, that next day was just so damn painful. I still have that "sad" feeling but it's slowly going away. I'm almost ready for Latrobe!

steelers2685
02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Wasn't devastated by any means. Saddened that this was all I wanted for a b-day gift since my b-day was the same day, but in the end, as long as the Patriots or Ravens didn't get it, I'm happy.Only thing I did not want to occur was a boring Super Bowl. Both of these teams are fun to watch, and I simply was hoping that there wouldn't be a blowout. Could have become that had their WRs made some catches, I just wanted it to be close and a good watch.

CargoJon
02-08-2011, 10:39 PM

^ this.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

In 96 I was devastated because I hated the Cowboys and was too young to remember the 70's super bowls, even though I was alive.

jjpro11
02-08-2011, 10:44 PM
it's wasn't as bad as losing the AFCCG to the Pats in 2004. that was such a fun season and that loss really hurt. we made up for it the year later, but it sure sucked at the time.

here's what is bugging me.. this team had a chance to win 3 Super Bowl in 6 years.. that would have been something really special.. Ward was having a good game.. if he makes another couple key catches on that final drive and maybe catches the winning TD, he's the MVP again and stamps his ticket to Canton as one of the most clutch receivers of all-time. a game winning drive led by Ben and he is in the HOF. i really wanted to see the guys receive the trophy from Goodell after all the shit he caused this season. it's still a ****ing bummer.

CargoJon
02-08-2011, 10:45 PM
it's wasn't as bad as losing the AFCCG to the Pats in 2004. that was such a fun season and that loss really hurt. we made up for it the year later, but it sure sucked at the time.

here's what is bugging me.. this team had a chance to win 3 Super Bowl in 6 years.. that would have been something really special.. Ward was having a good game.. if he makes another couple key catches on that final drive and maybe catches the winning TD, he's the MVP again and stamps his ticket to Canton as one of the most clutch receivers of all-time. a game winning drive led by Ben and he is in the HOF. i really wanted to see the guys receive the trophy from Goodell after all the shit he caused this season. it's still a ****ing bummer.

Yes, you are right on both points. I knew we had the ability to pull off that 2 minute drive, but for some reason this time I just didn't "feel it".

FanSince72
02-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Was not nearly as bad as O'donnells loss to the Cowgirls.

Definitely!

THAT ONE really hurt and took a while to get over.

CargoJon
02-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Definitely!

Especially because every bandwagon Cowboy fan within a 200 mile radius started calling on the phone howling about it.

I haven't heard from any of them in a long long time. Some of them don't know who the last 3 Cowboy head coaches have been.

The Curtain's Crusader
02-08-2011, 11:00 PM
I was surprised before the game at how I wasn't as nervous/jittery about this game as I was about the 2 previous games (or any Ravens game). I think it was a comibination of how the media was giving it to the Packers already and not hating the Packers. With that being said, I was pretty down after the loss but it was more because of the way they played and it really seemed like with a decent game they would've won. Just disappointing to see them play that poorly in the big game. Glad we had a chance to win at the end, but even that last "drive" made it a little more upsetting. REALLY would've loved to have shut up the talking heads and Goodell with a win...but still very pleased with how the season went. Can't wait to see what's in store for next season.

FanSince72
02-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Especially because every bandwagon Cowboy fan within a 200 mile radius started calling on the phone howling about it.

I haven't heard from any of them in a long long time. Some of them don't know who the last 3 Cowboy head coaches have been.

LOL!

To be honest, it's the bandwagon idiots that make a tough loss tougher.

The "real" fans dish out a little smack but that's expected and I don't mind it coming from them. But the bandwagoners go on and on and have no idea what they're talking about and it gets to the point where you start seriously weighing your options regarding felony assault.

Steel Peon
02-08-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm just pissed that the Steelers let one of the weakest teams to ever make it to a Super Bowl win the damn thing. Some say that Green Bay excelled, and some say Pittsburgh stunk, as the reason the game turned out the way it did.....but I've seen too many stink bomb performances by the Pack to give them much credit at all. They're not the Lions or the Browns, but I never saw anything in them that made me think that they were ever going to win a Lombardi.

To me, it would be like if the '85 Patriots had beaten the Bears......or like the '00 Giants beating the Ravens......or like the '98 Falcons beating the Broncos......or like the '95 Chargers beating the 49ers......or like the '01 Patriots beating the Ra....Oh wait, that really happened, good thing I didn't give a rat's ass about that game at all. Whatever.....it just feels wrong to me. I'll give Rodgers some credit for being highly accurate in the playoffs, but I truly feel the weaker team won this game.....and maybe the weakest winner ever.

tony hipchest
02-08-2011, 11:50 PM
are you saying they were the weakest team ever because they were the #6 seed who had to play four games away from home to win the lombardi?

i thought the packers were stronger than both the cardinals and seahawks teams we faced. :hunch:

steelerjim58
02-08-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm just pissed that the Steelers let one of the weakest teams to ever make it to a Super Bowl win the damn thing. Some say that Green Bay excelled, and some say Pittsburgh stunk, as the reason the game turned out the way it did.....but I've seen too many stink bomb performances by the Pack to give them much credit at all. They're not the Lions or the Browns, but I never saw anything in them that made me think that they were ever going to win a Lombardi.

To me, it would be like if the '85 Patriots had beaten the Bears......or like the '00 Giants beating the Ravens......or like the '98 Falcons beating the Broncos......or like the '95 Chargers beating the 49ers......or like the '01 Patriots beating the Ra....Oh wait, that really happened, good thing I didn't give a rat's ass about that game at all. Whatever.....it just feels wrong to me. I'll give Rodgers some credit for being highly accurate in the playoffs, but I truly feel the weaker team won this game.....and maybe the weakest winner ever.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course, but if you believe Green Bay to be a weak team, in my opinion you don't know football. There isn't a bigger Steelers fan than me, but I wasn't the least bit surprised that we lost.

SteelCityMom
02-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah, that's got to be one of the worst posts made yet...and that's saying a lot.

The hell is with people tonight?

MattsMe
02-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Green Bay a weak team? That's just...wow. It's amazing how far perception differs from reality sometimes.

Here's an article that compares them directly to the Steelers. It's crazy how closely matched the two teams were.

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3653_The_real_and_spectacular_Super_Bowl_pick.h tml

MaidenIndiana
02-09-2011, 12:12 AM
I have to admit it sucked watching us lose, I honestly believe if Mendonhall doesn't fumble we would've scored , took the lead, and then won the game. But we still have great players and coaches and now it's time to start working and looking forward to next year. I'd love to see the Steelers playing in the Super Bowl in Indy....first round will be on me:tt03:

Deserei90
02-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Even though this is My first time witnessing The Steelers losing a SB, but I don't feel as if I will be depressed forever. I'm a little depressed, but not to the point where I can't go anywhere. The only thing that bothers me the most is The way The Steelers were treated during this whole season. I really wanted to see Roger Goodell hand us the trophy as pay back. And winning in Cowboys stadium would have made everything that much sweeter. I'm just pissed the steelers weren't rewarded for all that hard work they've been through, but it's a shame they didn't bother to show up. Oh and the fact of hearing people singing Green & Yellow Green & Yellow Green & Yellow. Oh god, just thinking about it makes me sick. Christina Aguilera's messing up the National Anthem caused The Steelers to lose:banging: lol

4xSBChamps
02-09-2011, 05:30 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/Iseestupidpeople.jpg

Atlanta Dan
02-09-2011, 07:56 AM
ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons has what he calls the 5 year rule - you cannot get really upset about a loss within 5 years of winning a championship

That rule would not have been in effect for me if the Steelers would have blown the Super Bowl to Arizona 2 years ago, but this loss was not nearly as distressing as the AFC championship game losses under Cowher or losing SB XXX to Dallas For me the worst loss ever was the 76 team losing to the Raiders in the AFC championship after coming back from a 1-4 start and not having Bleier or Harris.

This team over achieved given all the offseason issues + injuries and Green Bay was a team I do not dislike as well as the superior team going into the game. So the loss is not one I could not believe occurred.

A 6-2 record in Super Bowls certainly is 2 losses more than I would prefer but it certainly beats being 0-4 like the Vikings and Bills

Sleeper/54
02-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Some of you guys really crack me up .... I came around and started to hang out when Suisham joined your team and it has been pretty kool to enjoy being around a winning team. As a long time Lions and Leaf fan you can only imagine my suffering. You all need to kick back and appreciate being SUPPORTERS of the best football franchise in NFL history .... later

Farrior_roirraW
02-09-2011, 08:40 AM
I don't know but I feel great about winning XL and XLIII a lot more now (not that I didn't before).

SteelCityMom
02-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Some of you guys really crack me up .... I came around and started to hang out when Suisham joined your team and it has been pretty kool to enjoy being around a winning team. As a long time Lions and Leaf fan you can only imagine my suffering. You all need to kick back and appreciate being SUPPORTERS of the best football franchise in NFL history .... later

Ummm...have you read most of the thread? The majority are kicking back and enjoying being Steelers fans despite the loss. It's disappointing, but nearly everyone has taken the loss in stride, given kudos to the Packers and are moving on to next season. :noidea:

TRH
02-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Ummm...have you read most of the thread? The majority are kicking back and enjoying being Steelers fans despite the loss. It's disappointing, but nearly everyone has taken the loss in stride, given kudos to the Packers and are moving on to next season. :noidea:

+ 1

chacha
02-09-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm still a little bummed but I'm so proud of them. Having the other wins makes it better too. Plus I know my team is gonna be right back in it for another shot at the trophy! :tt04:

ebsteelers
02-09-2011, 11:00 AM
i took it very well, even the girlfriend said i did... i was dissapointed in the lose but when you turn the ball over 3times and to still have a chance it hurts

there is some part side
at least your not a bills, browns, bengals, lions... and the list goes on of fans...your a fan of a 6x time super bowl champion team..

i've only been alive for the 2 wins and 2 lose which sucks but they will be back, and if the worse thing in my life right now is the steelers winning the afc north, and afc championship and losing a close game (self enflicted) super bowl, then then the franchise and myself are doing just fine

plus.. when most people didnt even think they were going to make the playoffs, its hard to be mad

mcg24
02-09-2011, 03:40 PM

You are a damn cry baby, and you're not even an intelligent one. If you're going to be a cry baby at least know what you're talking about....but nope.

MaineSteelerFan
02-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Just go to my thread "Time to talk about the Real Big Ben", they guy who handed the Packers the Lombardi himself.

Yah guy, because he was the only Steeler on the field lol what a JOKE!!!

ebsteelers
02-09-2011, 04:54 PM
steelerz4life seems like a troll

saveus1011
02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm sure I'll get labeled a troll, but truthfully, this one hurts more than the '96 one.

harrison'samonster
02-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Compared to the loss against the Cowboys, the SB 45 loss is giving me no problems. It must be the last two we won, and I do appreciate them even more now. I also have a very positive feeling about the next few years.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm sure I'll get labeled a troll, but truthfully, this one hurts more than the '96 one.

lol no worries, you're certainly not using troll language. As much as this hurt, I'm starting to recover now (right on schedule...3 days is usually my cooling off period). The Steelers gave it away on offense, defense, and special teams, just as in Super Bowl XXX.

TRH
02-09-2011, 07:42 PM
i found this loss to be equally disappointing as the loss to Dallas........neither one worse than the other. Like someone else said, we gave this one away too....a monumental list of mistakes made.

saveus1011
02-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm taking this one harder because we already beat the 'Boys twice in the Super Bowl, so they were due.

Steel Peon
02-09-2011, 10:45 PM
are you saying they were the weakest team ever because they were the #6 seed who had to play four games away from home to win the lombardi?

i thought the packers were stronger than both the cardinals and seahawks teams we faced. :hunch:
Maybe I should've said "weakest team to win a Super Bowl." Still.....beating the '05 Seahawks wasn't the biggest challenge in the world, and I'd put the '10 Pack right on par with them. Difference being, we screwed up a whole lot less against the Seahags, and had an OC who wasn't brainless. The '08 Cardinals also had some very potent weapons, and a half-way decent D, who also happened to be surging at the very right time. You could say we surged at the right time in '05, the 6th seed thing and all, but don't forget that we finished the '04 regular season 15-1, and overall we finished 16-2.

We were very established as a team on the verge of a Lombardi entering the '05 season, and Ben was returning from being the greatest rookie QB (or maybe rookie period) of all time. Expectations for the Steelers in '05 were the highest I think I ever saw it go. The defense was crushing, Willie Parker was having a dominating year, and every Pittsburgh receiver was shining at the same time. The '04-'05 Steeler teams were dominant, matched only by the Colts and Patriots.

All that being said, the '09-'10 Packers can't really hold much of a candle to the '04-'05 Steelers. In comparison, the '09 Pack was beat down 2 times by the Favre led Vikings, and then sqeeeeeked into the wild card game, only to lose to the Cardinals, in fairly embarrassing fashion, with neither team's defense being able to stop the other......until the end of the game, where they forced the ball from rodgers, and scored a TD......game over. I personally had no reason to think that the '10 Pack was going to be a lot better than the '09 one.

Only......it seemed that many football experts, at the beginning of this season, were picking them to advance to the Super Bowl, and I thought they were all smoking dope. I know Rodgers is a good QB and all, but I never thought he was close to being as good a Favre. Over the course of the season they never looked to me like a team that was headed for the big game. I attributed their success to the Vikings falling flat, and an overall lack of competition in the NFC this year, and they STILL barely made it into the playoffs, having to win their last 2, despite having lost Rodgers for only 1 game.

Then they almost lost the Wild Card game to the Eagles, which would've been the second in a row, due to David Akers missing 2 field goals that would've won the game. Akers, incidentally, looked and played like death warmed over 'cause he'd had to spend most of the week in the hospital with his 6-yr old daughter who'd been diagnosed with ovarian cancer......you can thank God for that one. The only good game that I can point to for them, especially for Rodgers, was the Atlanta game. The Jets beat a top-seeded team too......whoopdeedoo. I'm also not going to get into their stats for the year either because I prefer to watch teams play to gauge their skill level. Having watched a lot of football since the new Pack has been around, I'd say either the '09 Vikings or the '09 Saints would eat the '10 Pack's lunch.

So, do I think they're any good? Yeah, they're good......but not near as good as just about all previous winners. And for any of you Steeler fans that have been bashing my earlier sentiments, you can't possibly believe that Green Bay would've won this game had the Steelers not stepped on their own dicks. If you truly think that the Steelers brought their A game into SBXLV, then I think you must be a new fan.

Now after clearly displaying a knowledge of football, can someone please explain why I'm wrong, and maybe even a jackass?

tony hipchest
02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
i'll start with this...

and every Pittsburgh receiver was shining at the same time.

really? wilson, ward and el??? :doh:

SteelCityMom
02-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Now after clearly displaying a knowledge of football, can someone please explain why I'm wrong, and maybe even a jackass?

Because you're comparing teams from one year to teams from another year.

Because you're saying that the Steelers not playing as well as they could is the reason they lost. No duh...did you ever think that the Packers forcing turnovers and playing their best ball caused the Steelers to lose too? :noidea:

Because somewhere in that rambling you think you clearly displayed a knowledge of football.

BGSU A Dub
02-09-2011, 11:38 PM
I was devastated about the loss, laying on the ground for 10 minutes with my Terrible Towel over my face. It hurt because I knew the better team did not win that day, the better team be themselves. It was an emotional rollercoaster with going down early, striving through 3 turnovers to making it a game, to eventually the heartbreak.

I wore my black and yellow proudly the next 3 days as I was damn proud to be a Steeler. We were in a game that 30 other teams could only watch, dream, and wimper to be at. This Steeler team allowed us the pleasure of watching them the maximum amount of games that we possibly could in a season.

The pain has subsided but the hopes for next season have ignited. A good fighter doesn't sit in the corner and whimper while he licks his wounds for weeks and months. The game is over, what's done is done, and this team is going to move on and is going to be successful again.

You can point as many fingers as you want about who lost the game, but there are 3 pointing right back at you and those 3 fingers are pointing at the person who needs to be a better fan and uncurl those fingers into giving each one of those players a high five for enduring what they did this season and taking us on a hell of a ride.

tony hipchest
02-09-2011, 11:50 PM
"high five"

gotta support the team.

Fowd29dOyh0&playnext=1&list=PL32D3500802EA2026

MattsMe
02-09-2011, 11:59 PM
:sofunny:

Go Devils!!!

:jammin:

zsheik22
02-10-2011, 06:06 AM
I feel like it's a bad dream.

Having said that, it being the packers lessens the blow. Who the hell hates that packers? How can you really hate a blue collar team coming from a little town up north? It's just hard to hate the packers and even the people in WI. The packers kind of remind me of the NFC Steelers.

Fire Arians
02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
i didn't take it that hard because it was against the packers. if it was against dallas again i'd probably contemplate suicide.

not really, but you get the idea

steelerchad
02-10-2011, 12:23 PM
I think I'm still not totally feeling the effects of this game. I think I'm OK, but this one will probably stay with me forever. I made the trip to the game, so I invested a lot of time and money. I think years from now I will still be wondering "what if". I'll have my ticket stub framed alongside my other stuff to remind me and the fact that if Ben had been able to lead the team down for a TD on that last drive I would have personally witnessed the greatest SB game ever (at least the greatest comeback).
I'm not sure I'd go again if given the opportunity. Even with the win, I'm not sure it would have measured up to the 2 AFCC games I've seen live. 08 and this year. Both wins at Heinz. Something about watching it with 65k other crazy fans makes it better. At $160/ticket for an AFC title game vs. $800 for a SB, I think you get a much better experience for less money.

Hirsch
02-10-2011, 06:55 PM

Well said MOM !

Kanata-Steeler
02-11-2011, 04:22 AM
The '95 loss, (at THAT Time) was a killer heartbreaker to me, and because of this loss even that one doesn't seem so bad anymore.
So, in retrospect, this loss seemed respectable -actually losing does suck -no words to describe it. :(
But we lost, and just barely, to a Great team, the Green Bay Packers - a respectable team with a respectable fan base, and a lotta' history too. They beat us squarely and deserved their new Ring, once again.
Now that it has sunk in for a few days, I'm ok with it.
Sooo, ya, I was "surprised by how little I cared about the loss" ;)

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, and that'll be the Steelers' next season.
:tt04:

Spidey
02-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Nothing will ever hurt as much as that loss in XXX.

Great team, great players deserving of a ring, we were the better team, we blew it, and it was against the Girls!!:banging:

Sunday, we didn't deserve to win, we lost to the better team, we overachieved this year, it's Green Bay:noidea:

SouthTexasSteel
02-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Again... it's all about perspective. We have a .750 winning percentage in the biggest game in the NFL... We have set a benchmark that most can't even fathom much less achieve!! With that being said, get this agreement done so we can start focusing on FA, the Draft, training camp and going to INDY next year!!!

4xSBChamps
02-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Nothing will ever hurt as much as that loss in XXX.

Great team, great players deserving of a ring, we were the better team, we blew it, and it was against the Girls!!:banging:

although we almost beat the Crygirls that day, we lost that game for the same reason Pittsburgh lost SB45 ~ crucial turnovers, and the inability to make plays at key times:
besides, those Dallas teams had won 2 of the previous 3 Lombardi Trophies, and were the best teams of that era, so while the Steelers 'almost out-played them' that day, to say 'we were the better team' is questionable

For my money, the loss to a pitiful San Diego team in the AFC Championship Game the previous year was more painful, as Steeler players over-looked the Chargers and planned a Super Bowl video instead of preparing

the loss to Oakland in the '76 AFC CHampionship Game was difficult, but understandable, as Pittsburgh entered that game with a single healthy RB, and the greatest defense in League history didn't reach the Super Bowl

LukesDad88
02-11-2011, 10:38 AM
While I didn't take it that hard, I still find it difficult to visit football websites, listen to Sports Radio, open the sports page of the newspaper, etc...

Set-Man
02-11-2011, 01:49 PM
I've seen every SB and the Cowboys loss was much worse for me.

This was hard to watch but I didn't react as poorly to the loss as the Cowboy's defeat. It still sucks but the Packer fans have been pretty nice to me.

the Steelers had no right to win that game after the way they played. I was surprised they got themselves back into it.

The defense did nothing spectacular the whole game.

The recent 2 wins made it easier. Can't win em all I guess. At least thats what I told my son.

SeinfeldNut
02-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Nope, hard to consistently go to the Super Bowl and win them all.

Steel Peon
02-14-2011, 12:47 AM
You know.....I was just going to let this go, and accept that the Steelers fans here were as lethargic as the team itself, when it comes to this game. But really.....you guys are discrediting the team that you supposedly love.
i'll start with this...
\every Pittsburgh receiver (in '05) was shining at the same time.
really? wilson, ward and el??? :doh:
Ummmm, yes they were. Questioning my statement means you may not have been paying attention in '05. How on Earth you fail to give our receiving corps high praise during that run is a complete mystery. Are you sure you like our team?
Because you're comparing teams from one year to teams from another year.
Because you're saying that the Steelers not playing as well as they could is the reason they lost. No duh...did you ever think that the Packers forcing turnovers and playing their best ball caused the Steelers to lose too? :noidea:
In case you hadn't noticed, the Pack didn't exactly have a world class game......it just happened to be better than ours. Hell, I'll even agree with you saying that they played their best ball. Even most Packer fans are saying that Rodgers got the MVP because someone had to get it. Don't get me wrong, he threw some very nice strikes, and a few under pressure, but they weren't any better than Ben's when he's not playing like shit. If you reverse any 1 of the dumb plays the Steelers committed, then we probably win the game. A top notch Steelers showing, and the Pack doesn't stand a chance.
Because somewhere in that rambling you think you clearly displayed a knowledge of football.
Maybe I should've quoted the accuser before saying that.....but I guess most people don't read very well. I guess I'll just call him out now.
if you believe Green Bay to be a weak team, in my opinion you don't know football. There isn't a bigger Steelers fan than me, but I wasn't the least bit surprised that we lost.
Not surprised we lost huh? Well now you're wrong on 3 counts.......the other 2 being that there aren't bigger Steeler fans than you, and that I don't know football. Even fans of other teams (who aren't dicks) evaluate this game as one that the Steelers gave away. If you don't feel this way then you're a lot further down the fan totem pole than you think.......I figured your statements would've already proven my point.

Oh sure, all 3 of you, and every Packer fan out there, is going to ridicule me again, and say that I have no class because I'm not gracious about this loss. However, I'd feel like I was insulting the entire history of the game if I even started to rank this Packer team among the all-time greats. So, go ahead and call me an asshole, but there isn't a single fan of any other team that's won a Super Bowl that thinks this years champ would beat their champs. In fact they're all laughing at the Steelers (much like the '07 Pats) for losing a perfectly winnable game......and that's why I'm pissed.

plenewken
02-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Definitely!

The Cowboys were the dominant team back then, winning 3SBs in 4 years so I wasn't too upset.
The Steelers are the dominant team now and should have beat the Packers, if it wasn't for a very poor execution on both sides of the ball. We laid an egg against the Packers, but considering that we didn't play well during the playoffs, being unable to align 60mn of solid execution, I wasn't particularly surprised to see it happen. 3 turnovers and stupid penalties can't be overcome, period.
Let's be objective, Rodgers is a much better QB than Flacco and Sanchez. He did exactly what he was supposed to do and we didn't have an answer.
We'll be back.

LW56
02-14-2011, 07:11 AM
The Cowboys were the dominant team back then, winning 3SBs in 4 years so I wasn't too upset.
The Steelers are the dominant team now and should have beat the Packers, if it wasn't for a very poor execution on both sides of the ball. We laid an egg against the Packers, but considering that we didn't play well during the playoffs, being unable to align 60mn of solid execution, I wasn't particularly surprised to see it happen. 3 turnovers and stupid penalties can't be overcome, period.
Let's be objective, Rodgers is a much better QB than Flacco and Sanchez. He did exactly what he was supposed to do and we didn't have an answer.
We'll be back.

I'm hoping and praying we'll be back!

This loss was even more of a missed opportunity to win #7 than everyone realizes.

What if that wide open Buffalo receiver didn't drop the game winning pass in OT, and if Bens fumble in the end zone vs. Miami went the other way, which it could of EASILY have, and if Troy was blocked as he went after Flacco's arm with the Ravens winning and driving towards the end of the game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we came close to losing to the Bungles as well when their receiver couldn't hang on to the ball near or in the endzone at the end of the game.

Had these been losses, we wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs. This was a HUGE missed opportunity for #7.

Games like these are why it's taking such a long time for my fingernails to grow back!

SteelCityMom
02-14-2011, 09:40 AM
In case you hadn't noticed, the Pack didn't exactly have a world class game......it just happened to be better than ours. Hell, I'll even agree with you saying that they played their best ball. Even most Packer fans are saying that Rodgers got the MVP because someone had to get it. Don't get me wrong, he threw some very nice strikes, and a few under pressure, but they weren't any better than Ben's when he's not playing like shit. If you reverse any 1 of the dumb plays the Steelers committed, then we probably win the game. A top notch Steelers showing, and the Pack doesn't stand a chance.

No shit sherlock...that's why they were the better team that day. Nobody is saying the Packers were the best team ever to take the field, but they were (obviously) fully capable of beating the Steelers, who consistently managed to pull out wins all year while playing rather inconsistently.

Then you bring out the dreaded if, then statement. Again, no shit sherlock. That didn't happen though, and the better team won. (if the Steelers were the better team, then they would have won the game).

All you're doing is making excuses. It's pathetic.

Not surprised we lost huh? Well now you're wrong on 3 counts.......the other 2 being that there aren't bigger Steeler fans than you, and that I don't know football. Even fans of other teams (who aren't dicks) evaluate this game as one that the Steelers gave away. If you don't feel this way then you're a lot further down the fan totem pole than you think.......I figured your statements would've already proven my point.

Oh sure, all 3 of you, and every Packer fan out there, is going to ridicule me again, and say that I have no class because I'm not gracious about this loss. However, I'd feel like I was insulting the entire history of the game if I even started to rank this Packer team among the all-time greats. So, go ahead and call me an asshole, but there isn't a single fan of any other team that's won a Super Bowl that thinks this years champ would beat their champs. In fact they're all laughing at the Steelers (much like the '07 Pats) for losing a perfectly winnable game......and that's why I'm pissed.

Whaaaaa. That's all you're doing. :crying01:

I don't care whether you're gracious or not about the loss...that's your choice. You just look like a total dumbass when you say things like the Packers are the weakest team to ever win the Superbowl. That's all.

Danny136200
02-14-2011, 03:24 PM

You're an idiot. Ben cant drive his team down the field for a game winning touchdown every time an opportunity presents itself. He is one of th best QBs in the game today. Yes, he did play poorly and his poor play factored in the loss, but there are also many other factors that lead to our downfall in the SB.I do not mention the refs, you just sound bitter by saying that, they were a non-factor.

pete74
02-14-2011, 03:32 PM
You know.....I was just going to let this go, and accept that the Steelers fans here were as lethargic as the team itself, when it comes to this game. But really.....you guys are discrediting the team that you supposedly love.

Ummmm, yes they were. Questioning my statement means you may not have been paying attention in '05. How on Earth you fail to give our receiving corps high praise during that run is a complete mystery. Are you sure you like our team?

Maybe I should've quoted the accuser before saying that.....but I guess most people don't read very well. I guess I'll just call him out now.

wow talk about a sore loser. we lost get over it. Green Bay will get another one soon because there a great team led by one of the best QB's i have ever seen in my life. you need to get over it and move on, the better team won

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
actually...STILL BITTER

Steel Peon
02-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Just wow.....I never thought in a million years I'd get chastised by Steeler fans, in a Steeler forum, by talking about how overrated the Packers are. It's just mind blowing.....it's like you guys didn't watch any Packer games for the last 2 years until they made the Super Bowl. Still, I really don't feel like getting into another pissing contest with the MOD(s) in a board I just joined, so I let other fans rebut you who feel similar to me.
Then you bring out the dreaded if, then statement. Again, no shit sherlock. That didn't happen though, and the better team won. (if the Steelers were the better team, then they would have won the game).
The Steelers are the dominant team now and should have beat the Packers, if it wasn't for a very poor execution on both sides of the ball. We laid an egg against the Packers
It hurt because I knew the better team did not win that day, the better team be(at) themselves.
It would still suck if we lost to a team that was obviously better but that Packer team was not the better team.
actually...STILL BITTER
I guess that's enough to make me feel like I'm not alone here......even though I could continue quoting from a multitude of other threads. But, next I'd like to quote a gentleman who goes by the name Palmer Sucks @ Stillers.com. Now, a word of caution before anybody reads this......Palmer Sucks is generally nice about his criticism of the Steelers, but the head writer on the site, Still Mill is highly caustic when they fail, so if you see anything written by him, just take it with a grain of salt.....he expects nothing but God-like performances out of every Steeler, week in and week out.

The Palmer Sucks article: http://www.stillers.com/articles/2636.aspx
I consider this write-up to be well thought out, and highly realistic......it encompasses many aspects of both the Steelers recent history, and the Packers as well. Much like me, he refuses to wash GB's balls, and lays the blame squarely on the Steelers, where it belongs.
All you're doing is making excuses. It's pathetic.
I'm surprised you're getting that impression, 'cause all I've done is talk about how there was no excuse for the Steelers to have lost this contest. The only excuses I've heard around here are the ones that go like: "Oh well, we've won 2 Super Bowls recently, who cares?" That's what you call "Sour Grapes" ladies and gentlemen.

For example:
it wasn't like this was our first championship appearance in 15 years...in fact I'd go as far as to say that if we had won, it wouldn't really have felt that "special," sure GB is a great team but I feel like it would have been like "yay, another SB" instead of "OMG WE WON," especially since the season itself as wasn't all that "spectacular" (It was a good season no doubt but we didn't really have any great , signature wins aside from the Ravens game and in comparison to, say, 08 it was kind of "meh" to be honest
Just WOW......you want to talk about the wrong friggin' attitude. Hell, he didn't even wash GB's balls all that much......he just simply doesn't care.....and that attitude leads to defeat......talk about no shit Sherlock, huh!?
Whaaaaa. That's all you're doing. :crying01:
As soon as I start saying shit like "the refs screwed us" or "Ben Roth is a moron" or "the cheesedicks got soooo many lucky breaks", then you can start calling me a crybaby.
I don't care whether you're gracious or not about the loss...that's your choice. You just look like a total dumbass when you say things like the Packers are the weakest team to ever win the Superbowl. That's all.
Which brings us back to this.....maybe this is why I'm a crybaby, eh? But really....how on Earth can you be a fan of a team that's had many memorable plays, and dominant performances this season, and then say "Oh well, lets just congratulate the guys who barely made it there?" The Steelers never "just made it there" unless you're stupidly counting '05 when we lost Ben Roethlisberger for FOUR games.

Any year that we've won the SB, we dominated the playoffs.....much like a WIDE majority of previous SB winners. GB's playoff run this year was highly comparable to nearly all previous SB losers, expect maybe for Seattle's, who kicked the entire NFC's ass the whole year. There's a pretty long list to get into, but that's what happens when you're researching evidence instead of calling someone a "team of destiny," which takes no thought at all.

Whatever......I've said my peace, and I'm not wasting any more of my time trying to convince anyone here that the Steelers squandered an opportunity they should've, and could've, taken more seriously. It seems many of you had already made up your minds to be happy with second place, so congratulations on your willingness to forgive piss-poor-preparation, while I, and many others, continue to toil in agony with the knowledge that the world class team we love adopted the same attitude.

The only clear logical reason why a championship caliber team would make so many mistakes, is that they failed to properly prepare, and were, perhaps.....arrogant. And, there's no excuse for that.......not that I was making any.

SteelCityMom
02-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Just wow.....I never thought in a million years I'd get chastised by Steeler fans, in a Steeler forum, by talking about how overrated the Packers are. It's just mind blowing.....it's like you guys didn't watch any Packer games for the last 2 years until they made the Super Bowl. Still, I really don't feel like getting into another pissing contest with the MOD(s) in a board I just joined, so I let other fans rebut you who feel similar to me.

You say that like any game before the Superbowl really counts. It's the Superbowl. It doesn't really matter how you get there, it matters what you do WHEN you get there.

I guess that's enough to make me feel like I'm not alone here......even though I could continue quoting from a multitude of other threads.

And I can quote multiple posts from people who feel that the Steelers were not the better team THAT DAY. What's your point? Should the Steelers have played better and won? Of course...but they didn't. And of course blame lies on the Steelers. But weak teams don't make it to Superbowls. Even 6 seeds.

I'm surprised you're getting that impression, 'cause all I've done is talk about how there was no excuse for the Steelers to have lost this contest. The only excuses I've heard around here are the ones that go like: "Oh well, we've won 2 Super Bowls recently, who cares?" That's what you call "Sour Grapes" ladies and gentlemen.

You're making excuses because you're bringing hypotheticals into the argument like they mean something after the fact. Hence the "no shit sherlock" references. You could say if and then about a lot of things that day...but it doesn't magically make them true. GB (the weakest SB team ever in your eyes) beat the Steelers despite having multiple injuries during the game. The Steelers, who in every fans eyes, had no excuse for losing the game...lost the game despite being given multiple advantages....yet GB is the weaker team? I don't know about you, but I think "the weakest team to ever make/win the SB" would have folded a little bit easier, don't you?

Which brings us back to this.....maybe this is why I'm a crybaby, eh? But really....how on Earth can you be a fan of a team that's had many memorable plays, and dominant performances this season, and then say "Oh well, lets just congratulate the guys who barely made it there?"

Ummm...I can congratulate them because I'm not a bitter shell of a person and GB played a good game that day. They did what they needed to do to beat the Steelers. They forced Ben into 2 very bad throws and forced a fumble on a running play, and turned all of those TO's into points. You can look at that as the Steelers beating themselves if you want, but that just sounds like sulking to me. GB did what they needed to do when they needed to do it. The Steelers didn't. Period.

The Steelers never "just made it there" unless you're stupidly counting '05 when we lost Ben Roethlisberger for FOUR games.

Yeah, cause I'm sure that having a ton of guys on IR along with Rodgers getting 2 concussions and missing a game and a half because of it didn't have anything to do with their record either.

They won when they needed to win, just like the Steelers did in '05.

Any year that we've won the SB, we dominated the playoffs.....much like a WIDE majority of previous SB winners. GB's playoff run this year was highly comparable to nearly all previous SB losers, expect maybe for Seattle's, who kicked the entire NFC's ass the whole year. There's a pretty long list to get into, but that's what happens when you're researching evidence instead of calling someone a "team of destiny," which takes no thought at all.

When did I call them a "team of destiny"?

Whatever......I've said my peace, and I'm not wasting any more of my time trying to convince anyone here that the Steelers squandered an opportunity they should've, and could've, taken more seriously. It seems many of you had already made up your minds to be happy with second place, so congratulations on your willingness to forgive piss-poor-preparation, while I, and many others, continue to toil in agony with the knowledge that the world class team we love adopted the same attitude.

The only clear logical reason why a championship caliber team would make so many mistakes, is that they failed to properly prepare, and were, perhaps.....arrogant. And, there's no excuse for that.......not that I was making any.

Calm down dude. Nobody here was happy the Steelers lost, it's just most of us didn't want to slit our wrists afterwards.

It's a game. It's supposed to be for entertainment. They are NOT always going to win, and shit will be disappointing sometimes. Acting like I'm some sort of second rate fan because I don't bitch and whine after a loss is silly.

BGSU A Dub
02-14-2011, 11:34 PM
After reading the last 2 pages (I haven't revisited this thread since I posted on it), I motion to change the title to "Anyone else surprised how long this thread has gone on for?"

The wounds (for me) have since healed, and the next big issue is: will we get to watch Steelers football next year? The Super Bowl is over, arguing with each other (although entertaining) is serving no purpose as it won't change the outcome of the game.

Each person took the loss in a different way and none are "more right" or "more wrong" than the other. I feel like someone is on trial with lawyers throwing out Exhibits A through R.

Can't we all just get along? :sofunny: :hug:

SteelCityMom
02-14-2011, 11:41 PM
After reading the last 2 pages (I haven't revisited this thread since I posted on it), I motion to change the title to "Anyone else surprised how long this thread has gone on for?"

The wounds (for me) have since healed, and the next big issue is: will we get to watch Steelers football next year? The Super Bowl is over, arguing with each other (although entertaining) is serving no purpose as it won't change the outcome of the game.

Each person took the loss in a different way and none are "more right" or "more wrong" than the other. I feel like someone is on trial with lawyers throwing out Exhibits A through R.

What else am I supposed to do at 12:30 am on a Monday night when nobody is here to drink tequila with me. :noidea: :chuckle:

BGSU A Dub
02-15-2011, 12:19 AM
What else am I supposed to do at 12:30 am on a Monday night when nobody is here to drink tequila with me. :noidea: :chuckle:

Is this a trick question, Madam? :chuckle:

LW56
02-15-2011, 06:13 AM

Being entertaining is serving a purpose.

I could also say this forum serves no purpose. We could argue 24/7 on who the Steelers should hire, sign, draft, or fire, but it doesn't really matter what we think....the only purpose it serves is that it's fun and entertaining.

BGSU A Dub
02-15-2011, 06:45 AM
ah yes, but there is a difference between entertaining as in intellectual and entertaining as in funny. Same as laughing with someone vs. At someone. Point is, the 5,000 posts of whining and personal attacks becomes obnoxious- post board litter if you will. My post was simply an attempt to "take out the trash"

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Just checked...and yeah...I'm Still PISSED!

DAMNIT!

would feel so much better had we played our best and just lost to a better team...-3 in turnovers, Zero splash plays by anyone on our team, offense defense or special teams...just one fcking play would have turned the entire game and we made none, no big plays that we thrived off for the entire year and for a few seasons now. DANG!

yep...still not sitting well with me...won't til we get back and win it. I carried the other one for 10 years...(FCK YOU NEIL) and now I just hope this one doesn't take as long to get over.

The Standard is Winning Championships. Bottom Line.

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Maybe I should've said "weakest team to win a Super Bowl." Still.....beating the '05 Seahawks wasn't the biggest challenge in the world, and I'd put the '10 Pack right on par with them. Difference being, we screwed up a whole lot less against the Seahags, and had an OC who wasn't brainless. The '08 Cardinals also had some very potent weapons, and a half-way decent D, who also happened to be surging at the very right time. You could say we surged at the right time in '05, the 6th seed thing and all, but don't forget that we finished the '04 regular season 15-1, and overall we finished 16-2.

We were very established as a team on the verge of a Lombardi entering the '05 season, and Ben was returning from being the greatest rookie QB (or maybe rookie period) of all time. Expectations for the Steelers in '05 were the highest I think I ever saw it go. The defense was crushing, Willie Parker was having a dominating year, and every Pittsburgh receiver was shining at the same time. The '04-'05 Steeler teams were dominant, matched only by the Colts and Patriots.

All that being said, the '09-'10 Packers can't really hold much of a candle to the '04-'05 Steelers. In comparison, the '09 Pack was beat down 2 times by the Favre led Vikings, and then sqeeeeeked into the wild card game, only to lose to the Cardinals, in fairly embarrassing fashion, with neither team's defense being able to stop the other......until the end of the game, where they forced the ball from rodgers, and scored a TD......game over. I personally had no reason to think that the '10 Pack was going to be a lot better than the '09 one.

Only......it seemed that many football experts, at the beginning of this season, were picking them to advance to the Super Bowl, and I thought they were all smoking dope. I know Rodgers is a good QB and all, but I never thought he was close to being as good a Favre. Over the course of the season they never looked to me like a team that was headed for the big game. I attributed their success to the Vikings falling flat, and an overall lack of competition in the NFC this year, and they STILL barely made it into the playoffs, having to win their last 2, despite having lost Rodgers for only 1 game.

Then they almost lost the Wild Card game to the Eagles, which would've been the second in a row, due to David Akers missing 2 field goals that would've won the game. Akers, incidentally, looked and played like death warmed over 'cause he'd had to spend most of the week in the hospital with his 6-yr old daughter who'd been diagnosed with ovarian cancer......you can thank God for that one. The only good game that I can point to for them, especially for Rodgers, was the Atlanta game. The Jets beat a top-seeded team too......whoopdeedoo. I'm also not going to get into their stats for the year either because I prefer to watch teams play to gauge their skill level. Having watched a lot of football since the new Pack has been around, I'd say either the '09 Vikings or the '09 Saints would eat the '10 Pack's lunch.

So, do I think they're any good? Yeah, they're good......but not near as good as just about all previous winners. And for any of you Steeler fans that have been bashing my earlier sentiments, you can't possibly believe that Green Bay would've won this game had the Steelers not stepped on their own dicks. If you truly think that the Steelers brought their A game into SBXLV, then I think you must be a new fan.

The 10 Packers were a better team then the 05 Seahawks IMO. That Seahawks team was the result of a weak conference and a weak division. I totally disagree with the 09 Saints beating us by alot. That team wasnt a whole lot better then this years Packer team. This years Packer team was easily much better then the 2001 Pats who won it all cause the AFC was garbage that season. The 09 Saints were a little better I will admit then this years Packer team but it doenst matter when you won it all.

SteelCityMom
02-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Is this a trick question, Madam? :chuckle:

Quiet Weebles! :whip:

StainlessStill
02-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Just checked...and yeah...I'm Still PISSED!

DAMNIT!

would feel so much better had we played our best and just lost to a better team...-3 in turnovers, Zero splash plays by anyone on our team, offense defense or special teams...just one fcking play would have turned the entire game and we made none, no big plays that we thrived off for the entire year and for a few seasons now. DANG!

yep...still not sitting well with me...won't til we get back and win it. I carried the other one for 10 years...(FCK YOU NEIL) and now I just hope this one doesn't take as long to get over.

The Standard is Winning Championships. Bottom Line.

Feel the same way still. I'll be walking along doing my daily job and routine and out of nowhere I'll just let out a "DAMMIT!" under my breath if I start thinking about it. I take the Steelers pretty seriously and sometimes the thought of letting a Super Bowl slip away hurts for the fan in me.

Dino 6 Rings
02-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Feel the same way still. I'll be walking along doing my daily job and routine and out of nowhere I'll just let out a "DAMMIT!" under my breath if I start thinking about it. I take the Steelers pretty seriously and sometimes the thought of letting a Super Bowl slip away hurts for the fan in me.

Just had another DAMNIT CRAP! FCK! moment...

yeah, its gonna be a real long freaking off season for this guy.

LW56
02-17-2011, 08:15 PM

A pretty upbeat and cheery post .

Would have never guessed your name was CrabbySteelerFan.:grin:

Dino 6 Rings
03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
FCK!!!!!

IT HAPPENED AGAIN! I'M STILL PISSED ABOUT THE LOSS!

later folks...maybe I'll feel better soon.

stb_steeler
03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
FCK!!!!!

IT HAPPENED AGAIN! I'M STILL PISSED ABOUT THE LOSS!

later folks...maybe I'll feel better soon.

Me to....Fark it......:banging::banging::banging::popcorn: It sux not knowing if they'll ever get back, not the fact that shoulda coulda been #8.....:banging::banging::popcorn:

pancake
03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
I take losses now better than I did when I was younger. I do know that I didn't watch NFL network for like a month. That is odd for me.

Dino 6 Rings
04-07-2011, 04:36 PM
yeah...STILL not ready to return..

CUSS CUSS SPIT AND CUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
04-07-2011, 05:38 PM
im still pissed too. even more pissed about the lock out drama.

it really takes away from what was ultimately a great, and almost miraculous season. it was a great ride but seemed marred with turmoil and "BA sucks" strife.

SacknificentStew56
04-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I stung for some time but witnessing 2 Lombardies being hoisted up is lovely for me. A third would've been great but we're always in the hunt year after year. Looking forward to the draft and upcoming season.

bornaSteelersfan
04-08-2011, 04:11 PM
I am finally over the loss; disgusted with football right now. I am enjoying watching Hines in DWTS. I am also really excited for NHL playoffs. GO PENS!

OX1947
04-09-2011, 10:23 PM
No, I still hadn't gotten over SB XXX. Losing Super Bowl's sucks major nuts. And the fact that they played as bad as they did and still had a chance at the end makes me even more sick.

StainlessStill
04-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Just checked my emoitions again, 2 1/2 months later.

Still pissed. Talk to me in August.

stb_steeler
04-12-2011, 10:29 AM
I read the article in sports illistrated that if Ben would have made the last come back drive to win the game, then he would have been known as the guy that can get away with anything. I guess we'll never know if thats true or not or if he had any influences not to win the game. But i still think somethings fishy. Who knows, but it still sucks!

GBpack2010
04-16-2011, 05:04 PM
You guys will be back next season, no need to dwell on it. I know how you guys feel.

Lady Steel
04-16-2011, 07:43 PM
I still care about the loss. I care about every Steelers game. Win or lose. It's part of being a fan. I especially care about the Super Bowl loss. That game is the ultimate goal after all, isn't it? But I still love 'em. :tt:

stb_steeler
04-19-2011, 04:21 PM
I still care about the loss. I care about every Steelers game. Win or lose. It's part of being a fan. I especially care about the Super Bowl loss. That game is the ultimate goal after all, isn't it? But I still love 'em. :tt:

Have to agree with ya on this.......cant take any loss yet alone a SB loss. But i rather lose before getting into the SB, its a bit easier than getting there and losing!

JCPsteelers
04-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm still pissed at Mendenhall. I still think he doesn't fumble there, we are going in with the lead and would have won that game.

Steeldude
04-20-2011, 02:43 AM
i wasn't too upset because i knew the steelers would use a passive defense.

StainlessStill
04-21-2011, 09:09 AM

Hell, I act like it's the playoffs in the pre-season! Pre-season is a fun time, esp after the off-season hiatius. I always get the "Watch him act like it's the playoffs" thing in the pre-season. I just can't help it.

I may have to work on that.

NAH:tt04:

stb_steeler
04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Hell, I act like it's the playoffs in the pre-season! Pre-season is a fun time, esp after the off-season hiatius. I always get the "Watch him act like it's the playoffs" thing in the pre-season. I just can't help it.

I may have to work on that.

NAH:tt04:

They have Meds for that Stainless.......:rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Ok folks...the Schedule is out...and I looked at it, and imagine my joy, when I realized, that I can put all my hate and anger onto the next team we play...and that team...week 1...

is the DIRTY SCUMBAG RAVENS!!!!

OH yeah...Oh this is so much better than having to hate the Falcons for an entire off season like I did last year....so now...now I can officially put all my hate onto our first opponent and its the Gutless Loser Ravens!

HA HA HA HA!

Hey Ravens, how many times have beat the Steelers in the Playoffs again???? OH RIGHT NEVER! CAUSE YOU SUCK! Suck on the manhood of your All Boy Cheer Squad all off season you pieces of trash! You wish you were us, you wish you were a Rival, you hate us cause you are Jealous of us! We hate you cause you don't know when to shut up after we Beat you again and again and again in the Playoffs when it counts most. Heck, we even beat you when we need to Clinch the Division, and Beat you 3 times in a row when its your "season" to get over the Steelers Hump! Only hump you're gonna get over is the HUMP IN YOUR MOMMA'S BACK!

EF YOU RAVENS!!!

Oh yeah...6 Months of this is gonna be so much fun for this guy!!!!

bobby jr
04-23-2011, 08:32 AM
I read the article in sports illistrated that if Ben would have made the last come back drive to win the game, then he would have been known as the guy that can get away with anything. I guess we'll never know if thats true or not or if he had any influences not to win the game. But i still think somethings fishy. Who knows, but it still sucks!

Maybe it was bad karma, or divine retribution, who knows. But there were a lot of people outside Pittsburgh who were glad that Ben didn't win last year that is what the SI article was saying.

Atlanta Dan
04-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Maybe it was bad karma, or divine retribution, who knows. But there were a lot of people outside Pittsburgh who were glad that Ben didn't win last year that is what the SI article was saying.

Agreed that Roethlieberger's situation caused many casual fans to root against the Steelers last season - although #7 was not charged with a crime the Milledgeville event combined with the Nevada allegations and Goodell deciding to tee up Roethlisberger definitely created a backlash

But as has been the case with Ray Lewis (who pleaded guilty to obstructing the investigation of the Atlanta murder in which his crew was involved) with the passage of time my bet is the animosity directed at Roethlisberger will fade if he stays out of trouble and continues to win

bobby jr
04-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Agreed that Roethlieberger's situation caused many casual fans to root against the Steelers last season - although #7 was not charged with a crime the Milledgeville event combined with the Nevada allegations and Goodell deciding to tee up Roethlisberger definitely created a backlash

But as has been the case with Ray Lewis (who pleaded guilty to obstructing the investigation of the Atlanta murder in which his crew was involved) with the passage of time my bet is the animosity directed at Roethlisberger will fade if he stays out of trouble and continues to win

I'd agree with that. Although I would add the animosity towards Ray Lewis due to the Atlanta trouble , that has never completely disappeared among some NFL fans. Likewise I don't think Roethliesbergers reputation will ever be quite as good as it was before the 2nd set of sexual misconduct allegations were made. Also many fans will look upon the 4 game suspension as evidence of guilt.

If Ben keeps clean then there won't be as many fans rooting against the Steelers for the reason of not wanting to see him win.. But it will take time.

55BaileyFan
04-23-2011, 03:01 PM
I didn't prepare myself for anything but a win. Even through the ups and downs of the game I still had hope and then we got the ball with two minutes in the fourth quarter. I got really pumped here, thinking one more time Ben and then BOOM goes the dynamite. That was what killed me. How lost we looked at the end of the game, like we had never done this before.

bblocker14
04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Losing a Superbowl only brings one thing to mind..................I hate Neil O'donnell!!!

It's Draft Day. I'm coming out of my coma :)

CaliStillersFan
04-29-2011, 03:25 AM
Losing a Superbowl only brings one thing to mind..................I hate Neil O'donnell!!!

It's Draft Day. I'm coming out of my coma :)

I still believe O'Donell was paid to throw those 2 picks, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.