View Full Version : Report: Carson Palmer's home for sale

mesaSteeler
02-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Report: Carson Palmer's home for sale
February, 9, 2011
Feb 9 1:20 M ET
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth
By James Walker
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is serious about his trade demands. So much is the case that he's reportedly put his family's home up for sale in the Cincinnati area.

Weeks after telling Bengals ownership he wants out, Cincinnati television station WCPO reports Palmer has taken the next step by trying to get rid of his Indian Hill property.

2010 STATS

* Att586
* Comp362
* Yds3970
* TD26
* Int20
* Rat82.4

This is a typical move by NFL players who want to be let go from their teams. It can take months to sell a home, so players have to put it on the market early, even before a trade or release takes place. In 2009, former Cleveland Browns quarterback Brady Quinn did the same, and he was traded months later to the Denver Broncos in the offseason.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported in January that Palmer approached Bengals owner Mike Brown and demanded a trade after eight seasons in Cincinnati. Palmer, 31, also said he would retire if he didn't get his wish. He is due a base salary of $11.5 million in 2011.

The Bengals told Palmer they have no intentions of trading or releasing him, leading to their current standoff. But Palmer putting his house up for sale is his next move in this chess match that will be one of the NFL's most intriguing stories this offseason.

Atlanta Dan
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Looks like Palmer will be competing with Marc Bulger and McNabb for a spot with a team looking for a quick fix at QB - guess Arizona, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Seattle are the likely suspects

tony hipchest
02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
for some reason i always figured he lived in a trailer park.

MattsMe
02-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I'll bet anything there will be a thread started about the Steelers signing Palmer before the end of the week.

The only real question is whether it will be about signing him as a backup or a replacement for Ben.

Oh, and the Bengals suck.

Merchant
02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Noo... I like facing Palmer twice a year.

Atlanta Dan
02-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Noo... I like facing Palmer twice a year.

For whatever reason Palmer has been fairly successful against the Ravens (Ravens loss in Cincy this year gave the Steelers the division) so his departure has some downside

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2011, 12:02 PM
for some reason i always figured he lived in a trailer park.
nah... that's just where he goes to play cornhole