PDA

View Full Version : The loss finally hit me hard.

SteelHaven
02-10-2011, 01:08 PM
The moment we lost Sunday I was hurt and disappointed but overcome more with positives feelings about the season, next season, and the future. The week goes by and all I see now is the opportunity of a new legacy (in our organization and history) slip away.. coming down to 1 game- that game.

I still feel positive about our team's chances of making it back but what a lot of people felt on Sunday from a negative standpoint is what I'm experiencing now and hitting me hard.

Delayed reaction I guess.

I'm grateful for the season (journey) they gave us but dam..

Fire Arians
02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
always sucks to come close and leave empty handed. optimistic because this year's draft class was what our team needed for the future. i think our team is only 1 or 2 corner upgrades from another sb title. we have the pieces on offense and imo, the offensive line is better than average already if all can stay healthy. kugler has done a hell of a job.

arians should go. we need someone who will commit more to the running game and be less predictable.

StainlessStill
02-10-2011, 01:26 PM
The moment we lost Sunday I was hurt and disappointed but overcome more with positives feelings about the season, next season, and the future. The week goes by and all I see now is the opportunity of a new legacy (in our organization and history) slip away.. coming down to 1 game- that game.

I still feel positive about our team's chances of making it back but what a lot of people felt on Sunday from a negative standpoint is what I'm experiencing now and hitting me hard.

Delayed reaction I guess.

I'm grateful for the season (journey) they gave us but dam..

Same here. After the game, I think it took awhile for the shock to wear off. It was kind of in slow motion when that 4th and 5 ball hit the turf as my brain went into slow motion mode and I was looking for a yellow flag for what seemed to be 20 min. I then got off my seat and congratulated Green Bay having to put on a front in front of my also dissapointed house guests.

That next day was the worst and more specifically, that evening trying to sleep. It was impossible. It still lingers today but it's slowly going away just thinking about this April's draft and 2011 season if they can reach an agreement.

I guess the thing I'm having a problem with is the magic of this season, going back to the big game AGAIN and realizing and asking "When will the next time be?" Who knows when will be our next opportunity. Losing the big one sure does make you wonder where do we go from here but at the same time, VERY optimistic about our team. I love this team.

ebsteelers
02-10-2011, 01:34 PM
maybe thats why i've had trouble sleeping...

just throwing this out there would anyone be against kugler as oc? not saying he has experience or would be good just wondering

Fire Arians
02-10-2011, 01:46 PM
maybe thats why i've had trouble sleeping...

just throwing this out there would anyone be against kugler as oc? not saying he has experience or would be good just wondering

he's done a hell of a job with the offensive line, im not sure if it'd be smart to move him out of that spot yet. but if that gets rid of arians i'm all for it lol.

FanSince72
02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
The reason why this one doesn't bother me that much is because of the way the season started and that no one expected us to even qualify as a wild card. So we did pretty damned good all things considered.

If we had started the season with a veteran receiver corps and all kinds of depth and the talking heads were picking us to go all the way and even the team believed it would and THEN we lost like this --- that would have hurt a whole lot more.

To me, this season was like going to play golf knowing that your game needs a ton of work but shooting a pretty good round anyway. Maybe it isn't the round you know you could play, but it was better than you expected.

That's a bonus in my book.

grward
02-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Every time someone mentions the words Super Bowl or Green Bay, hell even any word associated with football, I get sick to my stomach. I stayed away from this forum for a few days hoping to let the loss go. I'm back and lurking, but the gloominess is still there.

Last night I saw the commercial for Disney World and wanted to throw up. I'm not sure when I'll get over this one. I might agree FS72, but it still makes me extremely ill!!! I have no idea when this insane, sick feeling is going to subside, but it hasn't yet.

I can't wait until the 2011 season starts ... I'll be at training camp and cheering them on. Until then ..... :crying01:

tube517
02-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm getting over this a lot faster than SB XXX. It still hurts like hell and sucks but we have a brighter future ahead. Young QB, RB, and WR. Young LB's, DE and hopefully we keep Ike. After the SB XXX loss, it was not looking good for the immediate future as some key players were probably going to leave within 2-3 years and that was exactly what happened.

pete74
02-10-2011, 02:28 PM
by the time next season starts we will all be happy that we made it to the super bowl in 2011. it sucks we lost but there is no point worrying about something you cant change. we were the 2nd best team last season and hopefully we can improve on that next season. its always best to keep looking forward and not dwell in the past

steelers33
02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm getting over this a lot faster than SB XXX. It still hurts like hell and sucks but we have a brighter future ahead. Young QB, RB, and WR. Young LB's, DE and hopefully we keep Ike. After the SB XXX loss, it was not looking good for the immediate future as some key players were probably going to leave within 2-3 years and that was exactly what happened.

I would agree with most of those statements, but we need to groom a replacement for James Farrior soon as he is getting up in age. I think Harrison will be fine for about 2 more years because he hasn't played his whole career and have that many injuries. I think Casey can hold up for 1-2 more years as Kiesel and maybe Smith. So I think the NT-DE youth combo draft comes next year. As for our most immediate need is a young speedy CB or probably 2 from the draft. If we get the right CB from the draft this year I like our chances again.

saveus1011
02-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I love this team and will until the day I die, but I'm in total agreement. This one really, really hurts. It didn't hit me that night because I was going through shock, but sometime around 3:00 PM PST it settled in and I haven't been the same since.

I honestly would have rather them lose in the playoffs than the Super Bowl, or not make the post-season at all.

stb_steeler
02-10-2011, 02:57 PM
What hurts me the most is, we all knew with the season we had at the start that it was slim at makin the playoffs let alone the SB. But to get to the playoffs and the way that we played thru it got me thinking, great we actualy overcame all the obsticles. We knocked the Ravens out then the Jets, ok were on a roll now nothings gonna stop us. I know we all thought sweet, Ben can pull out that last drive, im not worried he's done it before. But not this time....So close but yet so far. I have to admit its bothering me more as time went by, only because that infamous question still lerks in the back of my mind, how long will it be till we ever get there again.

Set-Man
02-11-2011, 02:54 PM
by the time next season starts we will all be happy that we made it to the super bowl in 2011. it sucks we lost but there is no point worrying about something you cant change. we were the 2nd best team last season and hopefully we can improve on that next season. its always best to keep looking forward and not dwell in the past

If there is a 2011 season.
Will be happy to know that the Steelers represented the AFC in 2010. I will be honest, I didn't think they would until the Patriots lost.

realdeal
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
It's because of the way we lost! We looked flat, 3 turnovers, and still had a chance to win!! The what if's are killers!!

SteelHaven
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM
arians should go. we need someone who will commit more to the running game and be less predictable.

And also someone who uses a real full back :coffee:

SteelHaven
02-11-2011, 04:39 PM
It's because of the way we lost! We looked flat, 3 turnovers, and still had a chance to win!! The what if's are killers!!

Before the game I really thought it was gonna be the other way around. It was expected that way. The team probably became over-confident and lax during the week (or before the game) and thats what came out on Sunday :banging:

bubbletownwr88
02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
NFL Network needs to stop having the Super Bowl Replay on i have to watch it and it hurts over and over all the chances we had...