PDA

View Full Version : A question for Steeler fans

GBpack2010
02-12-2011, 02:56 PM
When you guys won it all did Baltimore and Cleveland fans shut up for awhile? You guys have any rivalries with Brown or Raven fans that seem to hate Pittsburgh more then they root for their own team? I dealt with this Bears fan since actually last summer before the season started. This Bear fan told me he hopes Rodgers gets his leg broken. After the week 3 game with the Bears when they beat us 20-17 on a game winning field goal he was giving me a smile and writing on facebook " The silence of Packer fans and Im loving it." Then one time I said after a Packers victory over the Vikings how much I enjoyed the win and he responded saying how he loved the Bears kicking the Packers butt in week 3. He kept saying things like Rodgers is a queer and takes it up the ass and how much he hates the Packers and their fans. He then before the playoff game said I will bet my house that the Bears beat the Packers in the championship game. I didnt say anything the week leading up to the game. After the win over them in the title game I couldnt wait to see the guy and talk some trash. I decided at first to lay off but then I heard him saying the refs gave the Packers the super bowl so finally I have had it with this guy so today I walked by him and said "You think the Pack is going to repeat." He responded they still suck. I was like who won the NFC championship game? He responded Bears are division champs. I was like who is super bowl champs huh? He says "Typical Packer fan always running their mouths. I responded we run our mouths cause we had to put up with you guys all year long running your mouths. He was like I never said a word. I told him the packers statiscally in the game they lost against Chicago in week 3 beat the snot out of the Bears and despite our 18 penalites we still only lost by 3. That was the end of the conversation but man those guys are so bitter and butthurt it is funny. Not a knock against you guys at all. I just hate rival fans like Minnesota and Chicago and it is nice to win big games against them in the playoffs just to put a knockout punch on them lol.

Fire Arians
02-12-2011, 03:05 PM
do the ravens or cleveland fans ever shut up? the ravens don't. cleveland's been quiet for some time, so has cincy, but they're used to sucking so they don't have much to talk about. vikings and bears i can see being more mouthy because their teams are usually decent to pretty good. cincy fans get annoying as hell when their season is going well, but that only happens once every 3 years or so.

baltimore fans usually have the worst attitudes toward us. after the win against them in the playoffs they'll stay quiet for the rest of the offseason, but i expect them to come back full force when the next season starts. they hate us, we hate them, there's usually never a shortage of shit tossing back and forth between ravens-steelers fans (and players!)

MasterOfPuppets
02-12-2011, 03:07 PM
dealing with excuse making whiners comes with the trophy. welcome to the big leagues kid..:chuckle:
when the cry babies start whining just say sorry i can't hear you , my ears are still ringing from the superbowl parade.

GMU Steeler
02-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Heh as Yogi Berra said, it's deja vu all over again. Like you guys and the Bears, we also lost a close one to the Ravens early in the season. We played them again in Baltimore with Ben starting and we beat them. And the Ravens still made excuses. IF you want to see a whiner of a head coach, I suggest you look at Harbaugh of the Ravens, the man never accepts responsibility after a defeat, only throws out crap like "we gave it away." and then like you guys and the Bears, we met again the playoffs and beat them. I chalk it up to jealously over you guys having more success historically than the Bears. It's the same thing with Ravens fans and us really except the Bears have more history than the Ravens do obvously.

tony hipchest
02-12-2011, 03:19 PM
i'll just answer by directing you to this thread, GB2010, where a divisional fan of the sorriest, suckiest team in league sports (even worse than the cavaliers or browns) attempts some limp wristed smack because the steelers lost-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=70628

StainlessStill
02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
When you guys won it all did Baltimore and Cleveland fans shut up for awhile? You guys have any rivalries with Brown or Raven fans that seem to hate Pittsburgh more then they root for their own team? I dealt with this Bears fan since actually last summer before the season started. This Bear fan told me he hopes Rodgers gets his leg broken. After the week 3 game with the Bears when they beat us 20-17 on a game winning field goal he was giving me a smile and writing on facebook " The silence of Packer fans and Im loving it." Then one time I said after a Packers victory over the Vikings how much I enjoyed the win and he responded saying how he loved the Bears kicking the Packers butt in week 3. He kept saying things like Rodgers is a queer and takes it up the ass and how much he hates the Packers and their fans. He then before the playoff game said I will bet my house that the Bears beat the Packers in the championship game. I didnt say anything the week leading up to the game. After the win over them in the title game I couldnt wait to see the guy and talk some trash. I decided at first to lay off but then I heard him saying the refs gave the Packers the super bowl so finally I have had it with this guy so today I walked by him and said "You think the Pack is going to repeat." He responded they still suck. I was like who won the NFC championship game? He responded Bears are division champs. I was like who is super bowl champs huh? He says "Typical Packer fan always running their mouths. I responded we run our mouths cause we had to put up with you guys all year long running your mouths. He was like I never said a word. I told him the packers statiscally in the game they lost against Chicago in week 3 beat the snot out of the Bears and despite our 18 penalites we still only lost by 3. That was the end of the conversation but man those guys are so bitter and butthurt it is funny. Not a knock against you guys at all. I just hate rival fans like Minnesota and Chicago and it is nice to win big games against them in the playoffs just to put a knockout punch on them lol.

Funny how so much rivarly fans are alike. I actually have a Minny fan on facebook that I met and you should of seen her facebook status's. She would rather drive a school bus through and orphanage than to see the Packers win the Super Bowl. She couldn't stomach it to the point of hatred and tears.

As for us dealing with Cleveland/Balty/Bungles fans, it's a treat for me, personally. I love the non-stop obsession they have with us. They would rather see the Steelers lose any given Sunday than to actually see them beat their opponent against them that day. Their Super Bowl's ARE Steelers week and their fans loath us, only because of our non-stop domination over them.

Look no further than our resident friend, bobby jr. The dude is so fabricated with his own purple kool-aid, on a Steelers message board, that he comes off to many Steelers fans as humorous and being laughed AT. Take it as a compliment bro, they'd do ANYTHING to be in your position as a fan right now. Hatred= good.

GBpack2010
02-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Raven fans really hate Pittsburgh just the raven fans I know. I think it is bigitme jealousy. In fact I know it is bigtime jealousy.

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Ah, yes, GBPack2010. After every game where we whup on the Ravens, Browns, or Cincy, it is only a matter of minutes before the boards everywhere are flooded with their haterized fans screaming about how the "refs gave us the game", or "how they were the better team" or blah, blah, blah.

You aren't unique-- we hear it from our rivals ALL THE TIME. An no matter how many straight seasons the Steelers renew their ownership of the AFC North, they always get picked to be the 3rd or 4th place team every offseason by the same chuckleheads.

Take it as a compliment-- when your rivals hate you that much, it just means they are jealous.

GBpack2010
02-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Baltimore fans must depise you guys after losing to you twice in the playoffs. I mean for them that must hurt. I know for Bear fans it hurt alot to lose to us in the playoffs. I cant imagine if we lost to them in the playoffs that would sting.

SteelCityMom
02-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Baltimore fans must depise you guys after losing to you twice in the playoffs. I mean for them that must hurt. I know for Bear fans it hurt alot to lose to us in the playoffs. I cant imagine if we lost to them in the playoffs that would sting.

They've actually lost to the Steelers 3 times now. Steelers beat them in (2002?)...the year after their SB win in the playoffs.

And yes, they despise us for it. :chuckle:

LegendSteel
02-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I was like who won the NFC championship game? He responded Bears are division champs.

That's funny, because that's EXACTLY how Cincinnati fans acted in 2005 after the Steelers beat them and ultimately won the SB.

Regarding Browns fans, my parents have a camp in Ohio that is split down the middle between Steelers and Browns. Honestly, it's the same every year no matter what the Steelers and Browns do the previous season.

StainlessStill
02-12-2011, 11:27 PM
That's funny, because that's EXACTLY how Cincinnati fans acted in 2005 after the Steelers beat them and ultimately won the SB.

Regarding Browns fans, my parents have a camp in Ohio that is split down the middle between Steelers and Browns. Honestly, it's the same every year no matter what the Steelers and Browns do the previous season.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I remember that occurring. We won the f*cking Super Bowl and Bunghole fans gloated about how better they were and how they had our number and how they were the new cream of the crop because they won the division!

AFC NORTH > Super Bowl. That's the mentality of a fanbase that's NEVER won. Sad really.

steelerohio
02-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Ohio is pretty funny... A good split with Browns, Bengals, and Steelers fans... either one of the three teams will those Ohioans be fans of.

And I don't know why the browns fans are always complaining... everybody takes the Browns to the Super Bowl every single day... when they go to the bathroom.

stb_steeler
02-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Raven fans really hate Pittsburgh just the raven fans I know. I think it is bigitme jealousy. In fact I know it is bigtime jealousy.

When your team wins, all the haters come out of the woodwork. Its kind of a damn if we win, damn if we dont. They will still find something to cry about. The Steelers and their fans of all know this way to well. We get here on the board with the trolls or we get on the streets. But for us Ravens are the worse for us as the bears are to you!

Packerstud
02-13-2011, 01:08 AM
The Packers vs Bears rivalry is a different kind of animal. There is and always has been a real hate between the fans, coaches and most of the players.

From Martin's after the whistle body slam of Bears QB McMahon to put the Bears out of the playoffs to Lovie in his very first press conference as Bears head coach, " My #1 goal is to beat the Packers" quote and 100s of other examples since 1929.

You can't compare Bears vs Packers to any other rivalry.

steelerohio
02-13-2011, 01:17 AM
I don't know... the Steelers rivalry to the Browns (pre95)/Ravens have been intense... One of the Browns defense guys slammed bradshaw on the top of his head.. course that might explains some things today regarding bradshaw...

stb_steeler
02-13-2011, 01:38 AM
The Packers vs Bears rivalry is a different kind of animal. There is and always has been a real hate between the fans, coaches and most of the players.

From Martin's after the whistle body slam of Bears QB McMahon to put the Bears out of the playoffs to Lovie in his very first press conference as Bears head coach, " My #1 goal is to beat the Packers" quote and 100s of other examples since 1929.

You can't compare Bears vs Packers to any other rivalry.

To me thats not being a bad guy buy saying that, he knows he has to beat the Packers, thats just knowledge on his part......Us Steeler fans get much more trash talk than that.....Ask Jim Harbaugh, we know that guy hates us. And he lets us know it!

stb_steeler
02-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Packers may have a big rivalry with the Bears........Steelers got rivalrys with ....Ravens,Browns,Oakland, in the 70's Cryboys.......

Packerstud
02-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Packers may have a big rivalry with the Bears........Steelers got rivalrys with ....Ravens,Browns,Oakland, in the 70's Cryboys.......

I hated it when you guys got moved to the Expansion League, otherwise you could of added the Packers to your list.

steelcity1974
02-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Heh as Yogi Berra said, it's deja vu all over again. Like you guys and the Bears, we also lost a close one to the Ravens early in the season. We played them again in Baltimore with Ben starting and we beat them. And the Ravens still made excuses. IF you want to see a whiner of a head coach, I suggest you look at Harbaugh of the Ravens, the man never accepts responsibility after a defeat, only throws out crap like "we gave it away." and then like you guys and the Bears, we met again the playoffs and beat them. I chalk it up to jealously over you guys having more success historically than the Bears. It's the same thing with Ravens fans and us really except the Bears have more history than the Ravens do obvously.

Exactly! Usually fans are the ones that have no class...in the Ravens case, it's not only the fans (not all, but some) but it's also their coach. Even if some Steelers fans have no class, at least I'm proud to say Tomlin is one of the most classy coaches in the NFL. All he had to say after the loss was that it wasn't so much about what we didn't do...it was about what the Packers did. HE gave them all the credit and didn't make a single excuse. Could you imagine what Harbaugh would have said?

Fire Arians
02-13-2011, 03:02 PM
f the ravens

harrison'samonster
02-13-2011, 03:07 PM
in my experience with bad fans, they don't believe your team can win it all. When your team does win the SB, they hardly acknowledge it, maybe saying something like there was cheating or luck involved.

After your team wins the SB, they just want to talk about next year, in which your team is going to get what's coming to them.

GMU Steeler
02-13-2011, 03:12 PM
The most crazy are those who have these conspiracy theories like Cowher or Dan Rooney paid off the refs in Super Bowl XL. I think it comes back to jealously mostly. From the outside looking in, wouldn't you be jealous of a team that is a strong team year in and year out. The funny thing for me is when we're compared to teams like the Yankees. Don't want to offend anyone here who's a Yankees fan but the only thing we really have in common with the Yanks is a strong winning tradition. We're not the Redskins or Cowboys who feel the need to plug up any holes with big name free agents. We build our team from the ground up. Don't have the numbers off hand but I'd wager that a very high number of our starters in the SB were originally drafted or signed by us.

stb_steeler
02-13-2011, 04:16 PM
I hated it when you guys got moved to the Expansion League, otherwise you could of added the Packers to your list.

It didnt bother me...but that would have been interesting tho!

bobby jr
02-14-2011, 07:20 PM

Nonsense. I'm a Raven fan. I haven't posted on this board since the Steelers lost because I'm not one to gloat when the Steelers lose. I haven't seen any other Ravens fans gloating or rubbing salt in the wound either.

I think most Ravens fans handle both defeat and victory quite well. Baltimore is a class city and as a general rule our fans are gracious in both defeat and victory. Same with our coach. John Harbaugh is a class act.

From reading this board during the last week, I see a lot of fans who can't seem to believe their team lost and certainly are not taking the defeat very well. It's not that different from what I read on the Ravens board after the Ravens lost. It is difficult to lose a Super Bowl, I actually think it is harder on Steeler fans to lose the Super Bowl than it was on Ravens fans to lose in the playoffs.

But let's not pretend that Ravens fans have some kind of inferiority complex and can't take losing. If that were the case M+T wouldn't be sold out year after year, whether we lose in the playoffs, don't make the playoffs, or win the Super Bowl. Baltimore is a good sports city, one of the best in the USA and Ravens fans are some of the best.

stb_steeler
02-14-2011, 08:19 PM
After all bobbyjr. wasnt it you that said the Ravens were gonna win it this year?....how'd that work out for ya.

tony hipchest
02-14-2011, 08:37 PM
the ravens suck and MT bank is a shithole.

mcg24
02-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Wow bobby, I haven't seen you on these boards since you took that nice long break after your team lost. Too bad you didn't come back here right after the game, although I can't say I'm surprised.

I haven't posted on this board since the Steelers lost because I'm not one to gloat when the Steelers lose.

You have nothing to gloat about. Your team didn't beat us.

steelerchad
02-14-2011, 09:06 PM

3 times in the playoffs actually. In fact, the Ravens have NEVER won a big game against the Steelers. Easily, the 6 most meaningful games head to head against the Ravens have all been won by the Steelers. After that, you could argue which games were more important, but they really have never cost the Steelers anything. Most of their wins are early season or late season when we are not in contention or resting starters. For a rivalry, the big games have been very one sided.

GBpack2010
02-14-2011, 09:33 PM
3 times in the playoffs actually. In fact, the Ravens have NEVER won a big game against the Steelers. Easily, the 6 most meaningful games head to head against the Ravens have all been won by the Steelers. After that, you could argue which games were more important, but they really have never cost the Steelers anything. Most of their wins are early season or late season when we are not in contention or resting starters. For a rivalry, the big games have been very one sided.

No wonder they hate Pittsburgh so much. Beating them in the playoffs 3 times? Wow that must hurt for a Ravens fan.

Fire Arians
02-14-2011, 09:46 PM
No wonder they hate Pittsburgh so much. Beating them in the playoffs 3 times? Wow that must hurt for a Ravens fan.

yep their hatred for us must rival our hatred for the patriots.

what i never understood about the ravens is how well they match up against new england though. their team is a lot like ours but we have the better qb. for some reason baltimore's defense always gives brady fits though, and he carves us like butter. even their defense is really identical to ours. they have great lb's, and their secondary is crap except for a star at the safety position.

StainlessStill
02-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Nonsense. I'm a Raven fan. I haven't posted on this board since the Steelers lost because I'm not one to gloat when the Steelers lose. I haven't seen any other Ravens fans gloating or rubbing salt in the wound either.

I think most Ravens fans handle both defeat and victory quite well. Baltimore is a class city and as a general rule our fans are gracious in both defeat and victory. Same with our coach. John Harbaugh is a class act.

From reading this board during the last week, I see a lot of fans who can't seem to believe their team lost and certainly are not taking the defeat very well. It's not that different from what I read on the Ravens board after the Ravens lost. It is difficult to lose a Super Bowl, I actually think it is harder on Steeler fans to lose the Super Bowl than it was on Ravens fans to lose in the playoffs.

But let's not pretend that Ravens fans have some kind of inferiority complex and can't take losing. If that were the case M+T wouldn't be sold out year after year, whether we lose in the playoffs, don't make the playoffs, or win the Super Bowl. Baltimore is a good sports city, one of the best in the USA and Ravens fans are some of the best.

Oh, shut the mouth, jr. Don't talk as if the Ravens are some sort of model franchise that every team thrives to be and talk even BIGGER from your piss-poor fanbase when it comes to us.

Calling your head coach a thing of class wants to make me puke. The dude fits your team and their bill well. Punks to the highest degree & scumbags that take their hatred for anything Steelers to a higher level and we love it.

Being the genius you are, if you ever look around other forums after any type of loss, including your own, it's a mad uproar of who should be cut, fired or released! If you haven't noticed, yes, all Steelers fans took the loss hard to a certain extent, as would any other fanbase, but you fail to realize the great sportmanship and RESPECT we all shoved to Green Bay's side of things. You can even pick out many "if we would lose, it would be to the Packers because we respect them so much" quotes from many Steelers fans.

However, I didn't expect you to pick up those kinds of posts judging by the lack of CLASS you and the rest of you Baltimoron partners operate. Just remember you go into the draft to try to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, not the other way around!

GBpack2010
02-14-2011, 09:57 PM

what i never understood about the ravens is how well they match up against new england though. their team is a lot like ours but we have the better qb. for some reason baltimore's defense always gives brady fits though, and he carves us like butter. even their defense is really identical to ours. they have great lb's, and their secondary is crap except for a star at the safety position.

Yeah Baltimore always gives NE a good game and so does the Jets. The Jets always bring it against them. The key against NE is don't let that jerk (Brady) stand back there for an hour, just blitz the heak out of him. If you can pressure him then he looks average at best and not the same kind of qb he usually does. We played them tough with a backup qb and put pressure on Brady but he was still able to pull out a victory against us. I think the Steelers play too passive against them and play coverage against them too much, just blitz them and play physical and you guys should be able to beat them up next season.

bobby jr
02-14-2011, 10:13 PM

The Ravens have never been intimidated by Brady and the Pats in recent years., When we lost to them it was close, and when we met them in the playoffs in the most important game the two teams have had two years ago we blew them away in their own stadium.

Your QB isn't all that much better than Flacco. Going into the last week of the season Flacco was ahead of Ben in QB ratings this year.

SH-Rock
02-14-2011, 10:14 PM
The Ravens have never been intimidated by Brady and the Pats in recent years., When we lost to them it was close, and when we met them in the playoffs in the most important game the two teams have had two years ago we blew them away in their own stadium.

Your QB isn't all that much better than Flacco. Going into the last week of the season Flacco was ahead of Ben in QB ratings this year.

But surprisingly your QB couldn't get passed us. Where are your stats now?

bobby jr
02-14-2011, 10:17 PM
After all bobbyjr. wasnt it you that said the Ravens were gonna win it this year?....how'd that work out for ya.

Well better than Ben's two minute offense in the Super Bowl. Some seemed to believe he would always come through in that situation which is of course impossible.

I recall how Flacco led the Ravens to the winning TD in Pittsburgh this year in the regular season in the waning seconds of that game. And I cannot help but think he would have fared better in the Super Bowl. Give Joe Flacco the ball with two minutes to go against a defense that his depleted due to injury and I think he at least gets it down close and has some shots at the end zone.

Flacco grew a lot this year and with the win in Heinz Field he achieved a status which he has never had before. I'm looking forward to next year.

SH-Rock
02-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Well better than Ben's two minute offense in the Super Bowl. Some seemed to believe he would always come through in that situation which is of course impossible.

I recall how Flacco led the Ravens to the winning TD in Pittsburgh this year in the regular season in the waning seconds of that game. And I cannot help but think he would have fared better in the Super Bowl. Give Joe Flacco the ball with two minutes to go against a defense that his depleted due to injury and I think he at least gets it down close and has some shots at the end zone.

Flacco grew a lot this year and with the win in Heinz Field he achieved a status which he has never had before. I'm looking forward to next year.

So your going to label Ben by his performance of his 2 minute offense in Super Bowl 45. Well we can label Ben by his 2 minute offense in Super Bowl 43 and he's the greatest QB ever. We can label Manning by his interception hump this year, so does that mean he is Jay Cutler. We can have Flacco labelled by his performance against the Bengals this year with 4 picks, does that mean he's a bust?

A single performance means nothing. It's true Flacco has grown a lot this year, but your pushing it if your saying better than Ben.

bobby jr
02-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Oh, shut the mouth, jr. Don't talk as if the Ravens are some sort of model franchise that every team thrives to be and talk even BIGGER from your piss-poor fanbase when it comes to us.

Calling your head coach a thing of class wants to make me puke. The dude fits your team and their bill well. Punks to the highest degree & scumbags that take their hatred for anything Steelers to a higher level and we love it.

Being the genius you are, if you ever look around other forums after any type of loss, including your own, it's a mad uproar of who should be cut, fired or released! If you haven't noticed, yes, all Steelers fans took the loss hard to a certain extent, as would any other fanbase, but you fail to realize the great sportmanship and RESPECT we all shoved to Green Bay's side of things. You can even pick out many "if we would lose, it would be to the Packers because we respect them so much" quotes from many Steelers fans.

However, I didn't expect you to pick up those kinds of posts judging by the lack of CLASS you and the rest of you Baltimoron partners operate. Just remember you go into the draft to try to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, not the other way around!

It's true some Ravens fans are too concerned about the Steelers. However I
I recall after we lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship game 3 years ago there were some Steeler fans who went to the Ravens forum to gloat immediately after the game. I didn't think that was right. Some Steeler fans are obsessed about beating the Ravens too.

Yeah we want to get over that hill and beat the Steelers that is natural, we don't want to be the Houston Oilers of the 70's, always coming close but never beating the Steelers in the playoffs.. Just as the Packers don't want to lose to the Bears.

I think it's worse to lose the Super Bowl than to lose in the playoffs.
My most painful memories as a Baltimore fan are the losses when the team was on the verge of winning the World Championship. The '69 Orioles losing to the Mets. The '69 Colts losing to the Jets.
The "71 and '79 Orioles losing to the Pirates.

For a fan there is nothing worse than having to dwell on losing the marquee event of his teams sport with the whole world watching. Losing in the playoffs is bad too, but at least you can relax during the Super Bowl and you get a higher draft choice too.

bobby jr
02-14-2011, 10:30 PM
So your going to label Ben by his performance of his 2 minute offense in Super Bowl 45. Well we can label Ben by his 2 minute offense in Super Bowl 43 and he's the greatest QB ever. We can label Manning by his interception hump this year, so does that mean he is Jay Cutler. We can have Flacco labelled by his performance against the Bengals this year with 4 picks, does that mean he's a bust?

A single performance means nothing. It's true Flacco has grown a lot this year, but your pushing it if your saying better than Ben.

Of course Ben has the better history and two Super Bowl rings. But Flacco progressed this year, Ben was already at his peak.

I'm not labeling Ben due to the Super Bowl, but the fact is he didn't get the job done with two minutes to go.
I'm saying Flacco and Ben were very close in their QB ratings this year, and I think Flacco could have likely done somthing against a depleted Green Bay defense with two minutes to go.

Atlanta Dan
02-14-2011, 10:32 PM

Welcome back - i guess your ban expired - at last something to cheer me up

I agree Baltimore handles rooting for a chronically underachieving team admirably - we will agree to disagree on Mr. Harbaugh being a class act..

A serious question - given that Joe Flacco had "some problems" in the 2 most recent losses to the Steelers (that makes it 0-6 against Roethlisberger) and your vigorous support for Mr. Flacco on this board prior to his season turning turnover in the loss in Baltimore, would be interested in your view on this analysis by Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun

The Ravens should have an open competition between Bulger and Flacco at training camp. Clearly at this time, Bulger is the better quarterback even though the Ravens would be embarrassed to admit it. After three years, Flacco still hasn't proven he is the answer at quarterback. Bulger gives the Ravens another option, and the competition might bring out the best in Flacco. There are certain snap shots of things Flacco did this season which makes you wonder if he'll ever be a top-notch quarterback.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-column-0118-20110117,0,6648972.column?track=rss

SteelCityMom
02-14-2011, 10:51 PM

:rofl: Gracious in defeat and victory. That's a good one.

All you've ever done here is make excuses and refer to a week 4 victory as some kind of shining moment for your franchise. That's what you consider gracious? In the words of Inigo Montoya... "I do not think that word means what you think it means."

Really? Then you need to get your little peepers checked again. The majority have taken the loss very well. Yes, a few random people are bitter and upset. Most were glad to have had the Steelers make it to the SB and were ok with a decent franchise like GB winning it all. I'd say every one of them (even those who are bitter) are just happy the Steelers didn't lose to the Ravens or Jets.

Oh ok...is that why he couldn't orchestrate a last minute drive against the Steelers WHEN IT MATTERED? I was confused there for a second. Thank you for clarifying.

You THINK...you don't KNOW. And I knew it wouldn't be long before you brought up the week 4 game that Flacco managed to win. Too bad for you that has nothing to do with anything.

What status is that? That he can only beat the Steelers when they have a backup QB on the field?

I think it's worse to lose the Super Bowl than to lose in the playoffs.
My most painful memories as a Baltimore fan are the losses when the team was on the verge of winning the World Championship. The '69 Orioles losing to the Mets. The '69 Colts losing to the Jets.
The "71 and '79 Orioles losing to the Pirates.

Of course, an early exit in the playoffs is ALWAYS better. :rofl: You're freaking delusional and bitter.

For a fan there is nothing worse than having to dwell on losing the marquee event of his teams sport with the whole world watching. Losing in the playoffs is bad too, but at least you can relax during the Super Bowl and you get a higher draft choice too.

No, for a fan there is nothing worse than watching your team be another teams bitch WHEN IT MATTERS year after year. Whatever helps you sleep at night though.

Of course Ben has the better history and two Super Bowl rings. But Flacco progressed this year, Ben was already at his peak.

You say that like his career is over. How do you know he's hit his peak? How do you know Flacco didn't hit his peak this year? You say the silliest things from the most bitter place sometimes. It's amusing.

I'm not labeling Ben due to the Super Bowl, but the fact is he didn't get the job done with two minutes to go.
I'm saying Flacco and Ben were very close in their QB ratings this year, and I think Flacco could have likely done somthing against a depleted Green Bay defense with two minutes to go.

Well, he didn't get that chance now did he. In the end it doesn't mean shit whether you think he would have won or not, because neither he nor his team were good enough to get there. Period.

dez09231
02-14-2011, 11:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA I remember that occurring. We won the f*cking Super Bowl and Bunghole fans gloated about how better they were and how they had our number and how they were the new cream of the crop because they won the division!

AFC NORTH > Super Bowl. That's the mentality of a fanbase that's NEVER won. Sad really.

When you're the Bengals, winning the division may as well be winning the Super Bowl.

For Baltimore, beating Pittsburgh is winning the Super Bowl.

For Cleveland. . . well, every time they win it's gotta be like winning the Super Bowl.

edit: And Bobby Jr. is delusional. Like usual.

I like how with Ravens fans it's always the same; "Yeah, you beat us literally every time it counts, but next year will somehow be different!"

Andddd the Flacco to Roethlisberger comparisons. . . .lol. . . . Flacco clearly didn't want to even see the field the second half of the divisional round. He had his jacket on, his helmet on, his head down. . . he wasn't even listening to the coaches. A winner doesn't do that. A winner is on the sidelines looking over film or staying loose. Flacco is not, and probably will never be a winner.

"Flacco would've beaten the Packers". . . lol k. . . because he's so proven to win close games that matter.

Flacco's playoff stats:

53% completion, 4 TD's, 4 INT's, QB rating of 60.

LOOK OUT MONTANA!

SH-Rock
02-14-2011, 11:50 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco did have a game winning touchdown with 2 minutes to go. But I would be surprised if the Ravens caught up from an 18 point deficit.

4xSBChamps
02-14-2011, 11:58 PM
edit: And Bobby Jr. is delusional. Like usual.

... he is... the turd that just won't flush...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/mostinterestingmanintheworld-2.jpg

... stay-thirsty, my ratbird-friend...

dez09231
02-14-2011, 11:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco did have a game winning touchdown with 2 minutes to go. But I would be surprised if the Ravens caught up from an 18 point deficit.

The kid arguing against Ben being clutch is asinine, and shows his blind bias.

Ben is 10th all time in 4th quarter comebacks. ALL TIME. He's not clutch according to Bobby, though.

And through the first 7 years of his career? Ben is 1st. That means through 7, he's had more than Brady, Manning, Marino, Elway did through their first 7.

Word though, give me Flacco. . . a guy who's never beaten Ben, (what. . . 0-7 now?) and a guy who wants no part of the ball when the game is on the line in a big game.

bobby jr
02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
The idea that Preston had of replacing Flacco with Bulger is ridiculous. Flacco is 7 years younger and his QB rating has progressed to the 90's in his 3 years. Bulgers' QB rating regressed to the 70's his last 3 years as a starter. Bulger is a good backup but that is all.

As for Ben always winning against Flacco, again that is deceiving It is not like Ben has always played well or dominated in those games they were almost all close. And one game was highly controversal with the Steelers getting a last minute TD on a questionable TD awarded by the refs.

We've seen in the Super Bowl that past performance does not guarantee future results. Ben had never lost a Super Bowl or failed in a 2 minute offense with the game on the line in the Super Bowl until this year. Flacco was successful in leading

his team from behind to victory in the Heinz field regular season game this year. You can say Ben wasn't on the field but the Steelers scored more points at home against the Ravens than they did with Ben playing in Baltimore in the two regular season games. Also Ben wasn't playing defense, the Steelers had the lead and Joe Flacco led the Ravens to the winning TD in the closing seconds of that game.

BGSU A Dub
02-15-2011, 05:31 AM
The idea that Preston had of replacing Flacco with Bulger is ridiculous. Flacco is 7 years younger and his QB rating has progressed to the 90's in his 3 years. Bulgers' QB rating regressed to the 70's his last 3 years as a starter. Bulger is a good backup but that is all.

As for Ben always winning against Flacco, again that is deceiving It is not like Ben has always played well or dominated in those games they were almost all close. And one game was highly controversal with the Steelers getting a last minute TD on a questionable TD awarded by the refs.

We've seen in the Super Bowl that past performance does not guarantee future results. Ben had never lost a Super Bowl or failed in a 2 minute offense with the game on the line in the Super Bowl until this year. Flacco was successful in leading

his team from behind to victory in the Heinz field regular season game this year. You can say Ben wasn't on the field but the Steelers scored more points at home against the Ravens than they did with Ben playing in Baltimore in the two regular season games. Also Ben wasn't playing defense, the Steelers had the lead and Joe Flacco led the Ravens to the winning TD in the closing seconds of that game.

It said a question for STEELERS fans. Go play with your legos Bobby J. and don't cause no more ruckus.

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2011, 08:18 AM

With regard to Preston's observations questioning Flacco, he presumbaly has better sources within the team than you do and gets paid for making them - what non-financial income you derive from coming on to a Steelers board to praise Flacco remains unclear to me.

As for Roethlisberger's record against Baltimore - (1) led drive in last three minutes and threw TD pass to win December 2008 game in Baltimore that won division and secured first round bye; (2) made what Collinsworth said was one of the best plays of the year in avoiding the Suggs sack late in the December 2010 win followed by the hot read to Redman for the game winning score in game that ultimately won division and secured first round bye; and (3) threw a strike on 3rd and 19 to set up the winnning score in January 2011 playoff game.

I agree Flacco played well in the October 2010 game at Heinz. - of course all that did was set him up for yet again failing to get it done when the division and advancement in the playoffs were on the line in more important games later on. George Steinbrenner had a saying about Dave Winfield, calling him "Mr. May" since baseball reputations are made in the crucial late season games in which Winfield usually choked. When the season is on the line Flacco has yet to deliver against the Steelers - I gues Joe Flacco is the "Mr. October" of the NFL.

Here is a sampling of Flacco's record in games with the Steelers in which the winner won the division/secured first round bye or moved on in the playoffs

December 2008 - Ravens put up 9 points/no TDs - lost 13-9

January 2009 playoff game - Flacco pick six to Polamalu

December 2010- strip sack sets up game winning score when Ravens have ball with less than 4 minurtes left and probably just need to punt it away to preserve win

January 2011 - wounded duck INT and funmbled snap set up Steelers deep in Ravens territory to score 10 points to take lead

You are correct - Roethisberger's play is not the sole reason for his 6-0 record against Flacco - it is impossible to overlook crucial mistakes by Flacco in the four late season losses discussed above

Glad all is so well in Baltimore that the O-line coach was fired, the D-coordinator fled to a college job, the QB coach was fired, the players were bitching about Harbaugh practicing them too hard the week before their latest loss to the Steelers, and Flacco said the firing of Zorn disrespected Flacco's performance this season - given their preseason expectations I probably would be cleaning house as well if I were Harbaugh

:drink:

bobby jr
02-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Who cares what Preston thinks. Maybe he doesn't like Flacco for some reason, was rejected for an interview or something. Who knows. The idea of replacing Flacco with Bulger makes no sense. I believe in QB ratings as one of the best measures, and Bulger's QB rating dipped into the 70's his last 3 years as starter. That is why Bulger lost his job and I don't see him replacing one of the top 10 QB's in the league at his age.

Yeah the Ravens have made some changes, the offensive line underperformed and the OL coach deserved to be fired. Flacco was upset about Zorn being fired but he'll get over that. This will all be small potatoes by September.
The news today in Baltimore is that Harbaugh is being extended for 3 years. This is good news for Ravens fans.

The whole Ravens team underperformed in the 2nd half in the Pittsburgh playoff game. I believe this was largly due to an unfavorable schedule and fatigue. The Ravens had to play KC in a playoff game then go to Pittsburgh on 6 days rest to play the Steelers who had 13 days off after beating a weak Cleveland team the final day of the season.

tony hipchest
02-15-2011, 09:41 AM
ravens and their fans always whine about the schedule. :rolleyes:

anyways, kudos to bobbyjr, for perfectly illustrating to the packerfan OP that our afc north rival fans are just as bitter and dilusional as their nfc counterparts.

:applaudit:

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2011, 09:48 AM
The whole Ravens team underperformed in the 2nd half in the Pittsburgh playoff game. I believe this was largly due to an unfavorable schedule and fatigue. The Ravens had to play KC in a playoff game then go to Pittsburgh on 6 days rest to play the Steelers who had 13 days off after beating a weak Cleveland team the final day of the season.

I agree - losing the bye and home field was devastating - Ravens could not count on the Steelers losing in Cleveland any more than the Steelers could count on the Ravens losing in Cleveland the previous week

And that would not have been a problem if Flacco would have exhibited minimal pocket presence and the ability to take care of the ball by not being stripped by Polamalu in yet another December home loss - Ravens D played well enough to win the Deccember 2010 game that was lost based upon a rookie mistake by a third year QB who then capped off his night by one hopping a short pass to a wide open receiver on a 4th and 2 play to seal the loss - no wonder Preston is exasperated

imwithrooney
02-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I dunno, I gotta give Baltimore respect. We only beat them by 7 and we split the season series.

People can talk trash all they want, but the majority of those games literally could go either way. However, Pitt has still been far and away the better overall team over the past decade, as well as in history.

As long as Joe Flacco has three wide receivers that can't burn you deep, he won't make much progress. The Ravens need a burner like Mike Wallace to make a serious run at it, while the Steelers are a decent offensive line away from winning it all.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Ravens Fans never shut up. They are loud mouth jerks that fail to recognize that they have NEVER beaten us in a truly meaningful game, meaning in the playoffs or with a playoff birth on the line. Never.

Browns fans have been timid for a while. can't blame them at all for that.

Bengals fans know they have a horrible owner and know better than to talk smack.

Pats fans are pretty talkative, at least, til the 18-1 season, they've mellowed.

Jets fans have always been a-holes with big mouths, and now, with Rex, they are twice as bad. I'd like them to shut up.

Colts fans are ok for the most part.

Raiders fans are awesome to get into it with, we are old school rivals so that's fun smack talk.

Cowboys fans are obnoxious a-holes that have learned to shut up because they have sucked for 15 years now. But they still try to talk.

Eagles fans are pathetic cause they know they will never win it all, deep down, they know.

that's all I can think of...oh, Packers fans hide until their team wins, I've learned that from the new massive amount of jerseys I see around town. Funny how many new Packers fans I see.

Steelers fans NEVER HIDE. We wear our Colors into your stadiums, down your block, into your freaking house while we drink your milk shake.

4xSBChamps
02-15-2011, 10:12 AM
today, 15 February

10 January

As for the Ravens being tired I could see that more if the KC game was close , or a physical war.
It was neither.

I'm not buying that the Ravens will lose because they are more tired.

9 January

now that the Ravens have done what they did to the Chiefs I'm glad the Ravens played this week. This type of win can carry into next week and beyond,

I'm saying right now the bye looks like a disadvantage to the Steelers. The Ravens are now coming into Pittsburgh off a blowout win of KC

so... which is it?

tony hipchest
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
bobbyjr = EXPOSED as full of shit.

4xsbchamps, now that you own bobby jr, keep him on a collar and leash and be sure to clean his mess. :poop:

steelerchad
02-15-2011, 11:53 AM
today, 15 February

10 January

9 January

so... which is it?

Thank you for taking the time to point this out. I knew all of this contradictory BS was out there, I just didn't take the time to go back and quote it. Boob Jr's arguements never hold water. He flip flops all over the place to make his arguement sould better in his own mind. I don't think he even believe's his own BS. He is now grasping at straw's as his mighty Ravens failed to beat the Steelers yet again. Even when everybody called for them to win the division and advance to the SB in the preseason, they yet again disappointed.
Make no mistake however. He will be here next September telling everyone why the Ravens are poised for a SB run, that they are the team to beat, Harbaugh is a genius and the classiest coach in the NFL, Joe Flacco is on his way to the HOF, and the Steelers are just lucky when it comes to owning the Ravens.
Lastly, I'd like to congratulate the Ravens on their 2011 season. They were indeed the NFL's "paper champions" to quote Lee Flowers.

Sixburgher
02-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Thank you for taking the time to point this out. I knew all of this contradictory BS was out there, I just didn't take the time to go back and quote it. Boob Jr's arguements never hold water. He flip flops all over the place to make his arguement sould better in his own mind.

That is what trolls do.

4xSBChamps
02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Boob Jr's arguements never hold water. He flip flops all over the place to make his arguement sould better in his own mind. I don't think he even believe's his own BS. He is now grasping at straw's as his mighty Ravens failed to beat the Steelers yet again.

"... one-more comment like THAT, fella...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/ColonelFlagg.jpg

... and I'll send Ray Lewis a set of ginsu cooking-knives with your address..."

bobby jr
02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
There is no contradiction in my arguments. One set of quotes was before the Pittsburgh Baltimore playoff game, one set is after.

Of course I revised my opinon based on what actually happened on the field, as everyone else does.

Actually my set of predictions which I input before the Ravens Steeler playoff game proved to be largly correct. I predicted the Ravens momentum would carry forward to the Steelers game and it apparently did. I predicted the Steelers would play flat and cold from being off almost two weeks, and they did for the first half. The Ravens had a healthy lead at halftime.

I now believe that my pre-game predictions underestimated the fatigue factor which in hindsight was more than I predicted, and led to the Ravens 2nd half collapse.

Fire Arians
02-15-2011, 12:40 PM
welcome back bobby lol. most hate you but hey, i like ya. the boards definitely got more active lately :P

MasterOfPuppets
02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.bitterfilms.com/bobby1-01.jpg

bobby jr
02-15-2011, 01:10 PM
welcome back bobby lol. most hate you but hey, i like ya. the boards definitely got more active lately :P

Thanks. :hatsoff:

scSTEELERfan
02-15-2011, 01:28 PM
It's funny how you say - the Packers in the game they lost week 3 actually beat the snot out of the Bears and it was penalties that cost the Packers the game. Really? Sound familiar? Did you have a chance to review the stats from the Super Bowl?
I'd watch out using that is the basis for your argument. And you guys think Rodgers is a king now that he has won a Super Bowl. There is a long list of one hit wonders that use gimmicks like a Ric Flair celebration in the end zone. Hopefully next year he will act like he's been there before.

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 03:22 PM
It's funny how you say - the Packers in the game they lost week 3 actually beat the snot out of the Bears and it was penalties that cost the Packers the game. Really? Sound familiar? Did you have a chance to review the stats from the Super Bowl?
I'd watch out using that is the basis for your argument. And you guys think Rodgers is a king now that he has won a Super Bowl. There is a long list of one hit wonders that use gimmicks like a Ric Flair celebration in the end zone. Hopefully next year he will act like he's been there before.

Well he has the same number of rings Favre does. Ok you can make the same claim that the penalties and turnovers cost the Steelers the game and they won on the stats sheet. Like the Packers week 3 game against the Bears though is they won the game and we didnt so thats what matters, not the stats.

4xSBChamps
02-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Well he has the same number of rings Favre does.

I hope he retains more of his modesty than Brent Farve did

:wink02:

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I hope he retains more of his modesty than Brent Farve did

:wink02:

Rodgers is a great guy very classy guy. If he plays the same number of years Favre does he might be alot better qb and break all those records as well. Favre was a great qb, no doubt but he was a terrible postseason qb.

4xSBChamps
02-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Rodgers is a great guy very classy guy. If he plays the same number of years Favre does he might be alot better qb and break all those records as well. Favre was a great qb, no doubt but he was a terrible postseason qb.

I've been a closet Packer-backer since the Ice-Bowl, and liked him, but the last few years in Green Bay, but it appeared he really tried putting that franchise over the barrel with his 'should-I-stay or should-I-go' routine:
when did he first start that BS?

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 03:36 PM

There ya go again...not sticking to the question. You said Ravens were gonna win it all. We dont care about the Flacco said Ben said crap. You allways answer the Question with a rant about a totaly different subject. WHY DO U COME HERE?.....u must be amusing yourself dude!

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 03:36 PM
I've been a closet Packer-backer since the Ice-Bowl, and liked him, but the last few years in Green Bay, but it appeared he really tried putting that franchise over the barrel with his 'should-I-stay or should-I-go' routine:
when did he first start that BS?

Here is one situation where Rodgers is better then Favre. That situation is when the Packers have been trailing by a td or more. Rodgers gets them back in the game and Favre throws picks to lose the game.Favre started with that BS back in 2002 actually is when I first recall retirement came up.

Sixburgher
02-15-2011, 03:38 PM
It's funny how you say - the Packers in the game they lost week 3 actually beat the snot out of the Bears and it was penalties that cost the Packers the game. Really? Sound familiar? Did you have a chance to review the stats from the Super Bowl?.

Yes, we "won" Super Bowl 30 the same way. I would rather have the trophy for winning on the scoreboard where it counts than the hollow "victory" of winning in the box score statistics.

4xSBChamps
02-15-2011, 03:40 PM
WHY DO U COME HERE?.....u must be amusing yourself dude!

BACK... by popular request!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/MonkeyDrinkingUrine.gif

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Yes, we "won" Super Bowl 30 the same way. I would rather have the trophy for winning on the scoreboard where it counts than the hollow "victory" of winning in the box score statistics.

I agree. I have said that many times when the Packers lost like in the week 3 Bears game they outplayed them solidly but lost. In the end its who wins on the scoreboard and not the box statistics. Heck if we won by the statistics then we might have more rings lol just kidding.

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 05:40 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/MonkeyDrinkingUrine.gif

LMFAO Damn bobbyjr.....i thought that was u !

StainlessStill
02-15-2011, 05:46 PM

Now THAT'S the kool-aid booby jr has been drinking. It all makes sense now....

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Come out N play bobby.......:popcorn:

mcg24
02-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Your QB isn't all that much better than Flacco.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/idiot__oPt.jpg

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Uh Oh...its starting to become a flaming thread....:rofl:

4xSBChamps
02-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Uh Oh...its starting to become a flaming thread....:rofl:

not a flaming-thread at-all... guy makes to statements 180* opposed from each-other, then says he didn't contradict himself:
somebody does that, he's gonna get called on it

he's either clinically-nuts, intellectually-dishonest, or a politician

mcg24
02-15-2011, 08:32 PM
not a flaming-thread at-all... guy makes to statements 180* opposed from each-other, then says he didn't contradict himself:
somebody does that, he's gonna get called on it

he's either clinically-nuts, intellectually-dishonest, or a politician

stb was making a joke regarding my picture, we know the guy is a jackass.

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 08:35 PM
It's getting nasty in this thread.

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
stb was making a joke regarding my picture, we know the guy is a jackass.

Bingo mcg24