PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' 2011 Schedule: Pittsburgh Could be in Driver's Seat Again

mesaSteeler
02-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Steelers' 2011 Schedule: Pittsburgh Could be in Driver's Seat Again
By Barry Barnes
NFL Writer
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/02/10/steelers-2011-schedule-pittsburgh-could-be-in-drivers-seat-ag/

Last season, the Steelers wasn't expected to be as productive, due to the four-game suspension of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for violating the league's personal conduct policy. But after making the Super Bowl, the 2010 AFC North champs will not be slept on in 2011.

Thanks to their philosophy of tough, physical play and the leadership of head coach Mike Tomlin, the Steelers perhaps are the only team in the NFL that the league and football fans don't have to spend time wondering whether they'll be competitive. Despite aging veterans, Pittsburgh is a superior squad compared to the majority of the teams in the NFL and after reviewing the team's schedule, most of their opponents outside of the AFC North don't pose a major threat.

The Jaguars, Titans, Rams, and Seahawks will have their work cut out for them at Heinz Field, but Tom Brady and the Patriots will return to the scene of the crime where they punished the Steelers on Nov. 14. On the road, the Texans, Chiefs, Cardinals, and the 49ers probably will make things interesting. However, quarterback Peyton Manning and his young Colts will be waiting for the Steelers at Lucas Oil Stadium.

It's probably safe to say that the Steelers will win the AFC North, again.

LegendSteel
02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
While they very well could, it's still going to be hit-or-miss, in my opinion. They had the toughest schedule in the league in 2008 and won the Super Bowl, so having an easy schedule really doesn't mean much right now...anything can happen. They still have to play the games.

Steelboy84
02-12-2011, 10:46 PM
"It's probably safe to say that the Steelers will win the AFC North, again."

Hopefully, but we're notorious for laying down to the competition. Conventional thinking would say we'll sweep at home (7-1 at worst) and win 5-6 on the road.

But I'll do what I did last year and take one game at a time.

Fire Arians
02-12-2011, 10:47 PM
we can always be in the drivers seat. it's not like we're the lions or anything. whether we do it or not is up to the team performing

stb_steeler
02-12-2011, 10:51 PM
I take no team lightly and im sure the Steelers wont either! But it would be nice to beat patriots at home for once.

SH-Rock
02-12-2011, 10:54 PM
I hope the Steelers don't get overconfident like in the 2009 season, but I'm sure Mike Tomlin will bring Hell next year :sofunny:

steelerohio
02-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Don't give Tomlin any ideas lol Last time he tried to bring hell, too many Steelers got hurt and even got beat by the Browns... so shhh hixnay on the ellay...

pete74
02-13-2011, 05:13 AM
unfortunatly for us we do well when not expected to and play horrible when were expected to win

btaylor179
02-13-2011, 06:35 AM
we will be 11 and 5

steelerchad
02-15-2011, 11:18 AM
we will be 11 and 5

as usual.

When you look at the Steelers, there is no doubt they are the most consistently good team in the NFL. in 40 years, they have never had fewer than 5 wins and rarely have been better than 12-4. They have only had 7 losing seasons in this timeframe. If you guess they will win 10 or 11 games next year chances are very good you'll be in the ballpark. That's where my guess sits as well, 11-5 for me.

SoCalFan
02-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Im feeling good about our chances next year,IF WE STAY HEALTHY!!! My guess is 12-4 IF WE STAY HEALTHY.I am planning on attending the 49er and Arizona games.

Fire Arians
02-15-2011, 11:47 AM
how much are tickets at heinz field for decent seats? I plan to fly up for a game next winter

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2011, 12:25 PM
By Barry Barnes
NFL Writer
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/02/10/steelers-2011-schedule-pittsburgh-could-be-in-drivers-seat-ag/

Last season, the Steelers wasn't expected to be as productive, due to the four-game suspension of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for violating the league's personal conduct policy. But after making the Super Bowl, the 2010 AFC North champs will not be slept on in 2011.

Thanks to their philosophy of tough, physical play and the leadership of head coach Mike Tomlin, the Steelers perhaps are the only team in the NFL that the league and football fans don't have to spend time wondering whether they'll be competitive. Despite aging veterans, Pittsburgh is a superior squad compared to the majority of the teams in the NFL and after reviewing the team's schedule, most of their opponents outside of the AFC North don't pose a major threat.

The Jaguars, Titans, Rams, and Seahawks will have their work cut out for them at Heinz Field, but Tom Brady and the Patriots will return to the scene of the crime where they punished the Steelers on Nov. 14. On the road, the Texans, Chiefs, Cardinals, and the 49ers probably will make things interesting. However, quarterback Peyton Manning and his young Colts will be waiting for the Steelers at Lucas Oil Stadium.

It's probably safe to say that the Steelers will win the AFC North, again.

once again, the focus must be on winning the games we are expected to win, meaning against the teams we are clearly better than.

Two agains the Browns, Two against the Bengals...4 wins.

Rams, Seahawks, Texans, Chiefs, Cardinals and 49ers. Are should wins in my opinion. That moves us to 10 wins. Now, between the Colts, Patriots, Ravens twice and Titans and Jags, grab 1 to 2 wins. 11-5 worst, 13-3 possible. With first round bye and home field in the playoffs to GO GET WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS!

Now, I hate doing these prediction crap things, and focus all my attention on the game at hand. but since I don't know yet who we play first, I don't know who to focus all my hatred on. So for now, I hate the above teams all equally. And expect us to be in the freaking playoffs next season with our Eyes Focussed on the Prize.

steelerjim58
02-15-2011, 12:38 PM
This was the first season in quite a while that the Steelers didn't lose a game or more against clearly inferior teams, although they came close.

Fire Arians
02-15-2011, 12:58 PM
This was the first season in quite a while that the Steelers didn't lose a game or more against clearly inferior teams, although they came close.

yep. all their losses came to teams that made the playoffs, which is a good change from tomlin seemingly unable to win trap games in the past

steelerchad
02-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Nah. This season was exactly like 2008 except for the last game.
In 2008 we lost to 4 playoff teams and finished 12-4.
Eagles, Giants, Colts, Titans. Only the Titans game wasn't close. The Titans then had the #1 seed and blew the divisional game handing the #2 seeded Steelers the AFC Championship game at home against the #6 seeded Ravens. 2010 was almost a mirror image of 2008. Almost.

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
once again, the focus must be on winning the games we are expected to win, meaning against the teams we are clearly better than.

Two agains the Browns, Two against the Bengals...4 wins.

Rams, Seahawks, Texans, Chiefs, Cardinals and 49ers. Are should wins in my opinion. That moves us to 10 wins. Now, between the Colts, Patriots, Ravens twice and Titans and Jags, grab 1 to 2 wins. 11-5 worst, 13-3 possible. With first round bye and home field in the playoffs to GO GET WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS!

Now, I hate doing these prediction crap things, and focus all my attention on the game at hand. but since I don't know yet who we play first, I don't know who to focus all my hatred on. So for now, I hate the above teams all equally. And expect us to be in the freaking playoffs next season with our Eyes Focussed on the Prize.

Not if the Seahawks play like they did against the Saints......Im not sayin its a givin. They had one hell of a game....Thats why i hate predictions....Any givin sunday!....But i do think we'll be ok.

ggoldman
02-15-2011, 02:36 PM
hold on, we don't even know who's on the team yet, how can anyone make predictions now?

ricardisimo
02-15-2011, 02:59 PM
As long as we get to play the Browns and Cincy twice each, all is cool. It's not really fair to the rest of the league, when you think about it - the Steelers are spotted four games every year the day they make the schedule.

ebsteelers
02-15-2011, 03:00 PM
i said 13-3 12-4. a few days ago

16-0 super bowl champs

ggoldman
02-15-2011, 03:03 PM
19-0

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2011, 03:17 PM
19-0

you know, that would be fine with me, don't care as long as we are raising number 7 in the end.

but some history...for any fans out there that are younger and don't know NFL History the way some of us more obsessed folks do...

the 1972 Dolphins, undefeated Super Bowl champs had actually Lost the Super Bowl the prior year to the Cowboys by 21 points. After the loss, many of the Dolphin players were sickened by losing that game that they refused to lose again.

and that's how they went into the off season...disgusted with the loss in the Super Bowl and motivated not to lose another game again. And in fact, not only did they go undeated in 72 and win Super Bowl VII, they went on to again win the Super Bowl the next season against the Vikings.

that would be a nice way to over come this year's super bowl loss.

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 03:29 PM
You guys will be back trust me. You got a great defense and a great running game with a top 5 qb in the league. Dont know what your schedule looks like but I think you will be back deep in the playoffs next season. Sanders could be a great receiver in the coming years as well.

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 04:25 PM
You guys will be back trust me. You got a great defense and a great running game with a top 5 qb in the league. Dont know what your schedule looks like but I think you will be back deep in the playoffs next season. Sanders could be a great receiver in the coming years as well.

Schedule looks good...but i take no one as an easy victory........:tt02:

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 04:27 PM
how much are tickets at heinz field for decent seats? I plan to fly up for a game next winter

$10,000<

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Schedule looks good...but i take no one as an easy victory........:tt02:

I think this year you guys played every team like they were good and thats why you went to the super bowl because you were a great team that didnt take anyone for granted. Last season you played great against good teams but took the easy teams lightly and you finished 9-7. I think you learned from that this season though.

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 04:30 PM
I think this year you guys played every team like they were good and thats why you went to the super bowl because you were a great team that didnt take anyone for granted. Last season you played great against good teams but took the easy teams lightly and you finished 9-7. I think you learned from that this season though.

Yeah u could say that, Steelers played through alot of distractions and did overcome them.....We never thought we would sit at 3-1 with out our starting QB. But i just hope there is still that feeling of overcoming next year just like this year.

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Well you will overcome them until you face the packers again lol just kidding.

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Well you will overcome them until you face the packers again lol just kidding.

I hope we do dude...that would be epic.....whats the odds of that happening?...

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I hope we do dude...that would be epic.....whats the odds of that happening?...

The odds are slim to none but I think the Cowboys played the Bills two years in a row in the super bowl if Im not mistaken. I guess you never know. I hope you guys can take care of the AFC and we will take care of the NFC then it could be an epic matchup once again.:thumbsup:

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Ok...but i still think its gonna take one of these......

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd76/Grizzmondo/wand.jpg

GBpack2010
02-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Ok...but i still think its gonna take one of these......

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd76/Grizzmondo/wand.jpg

I think honestly the Packers getting Finley and Grant and all the other injured players back could be like a 13-3 or 14-2 team next season. Only problem with that is those teams dont fare too well sometimes in the playoffs and that easily could be us next season doing that well in the reg season then losing in the first round.

stb_steeler
02-15-2011, 08:03 PM
I think honestly the Packers getting Finley and Grant and all the other injured players back could be like a 13-3 or 14-2 team next season. Only problem with that is those teams dont fare too well sometimes in the playoffs and that easily could be us next season doing that well in the reg season then losing in the first round.

I think the Falcons may get another shot at it next season, or at least get close!

Curtain_of_Steel
02-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Is it September yet? This is one schedule I'm looking forward to playing against.

One can argue the Ravens we will split, but they only beat us this year really because we went prevent defense on them and let the choike artist flacco drive down on the D. Unloess the Ravens make some big moves and the Steelers don''t, I dont see us losing to them. gonna lose to the pats or the colts. But equally the Pats are aging quick as well as the Colts.
Jags no
Titans no
Rams no, qb is whing already his oc is gone
Seahawks? Shoot me now if we lose to them
Texans no
Chiefs, cassel has career year, I dont see us losing,
cardinals, seriously?
49ers, they still in the league?

Bungholes twice, dont see it happening
Browns, McCoy already planned vacaitons those 2 weeks
Ravens

Colts
Pats

Come on, on paper, and obviously the game isnt on paper, the worst case you can argue is 13-3. Because I dont want to be a homer and say 14-2, lol. I'm saying 13-3, AFC Champ we beat the Jets and play the Falcons in the SB.
Browns twice?

Dino 6 Rings
02-16-2011, 08:45 AM

Enjoy the target and enjoy every team being Fired Up to beat you each time you take the field on Sunday. Enjoy knowing that you are getting everyone's best shot. yeah, good luck with that. No more "cinderella" this year. Now you are the ugly witch and everyone is going to try and take you out.

Hobbes
02-16-2011, 09:16 AM
By Barry Barnes
NFL Writer

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time the Steelers played the NFC Worst did'nt the Seahawks come to Heinz and played the Cardinals in AZ. Would'nt those games be reversed this time? Seahawks in Seattle and Cardinals in Pittsburgh.
:tt::tt03::tt04::tt02:

GBpack2010
02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Enjoy the target and enjoy every team being Fired Up to beat you each time you take the field on Sunday. Enjoy knowing that you are getting everyone's best shot. yeah, good luck with that. No more "cinderella" this year. Now you are the ugly witch and everyone is going to try and take you out.

I know. Im just going to enjoy the moment cause next season it will be very hard to get back there.

SacknificentStew56
02-16-2011, 11:23 AM
I feel sorry for our opponents next season after we came up short this season.

SoCalFan
02-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Is it September yet? This is one schedule I'm looking forward to playing against.

One can argue the Ravens we will split, but they only beat us this year really because we went prevent defense on them and let the choike artist flacco drive down on the D. Unloess the Ravens make some big moves and the Steelers don''t, I dont see us losing to them. gonna lose to the pats or the colts. But equally the Pats are aging quick as well as the Colts.
Jags no
Titans no
Texans no
cardinals, seriously?

Ravens

Colts
Pats

Come on, on paper, and obviously the game isnt on paper, the worst case you can argue is 13-3. Because I dont want to be a homer and say 14-2, lol. I'm saying 13-3, AFC Champ we beat the Jets and play the Falcons in the SB.
Browns twice?

Thats a pretty good write up,I somewhat agree,or hope so!

StainlessStill
02-16-2011, 12:26 PM

Since this will be the first time since 1996 the Packers will FLAT OUT have the daunted target on their back, you will realize all but the opening kickoff that everyone is out to get your team and that the level of play is seriously spiked up at "Super Bowl levels" for the whole entire 16 game schedule. The Steelers are used to the target anyhow, but the level and pressure of facing the Super Bowl champions really fires up the entire league as to how to attack a champion. It'll be a tremendous challenge. Good luck!

NYC_Steeler
02-16-2011, 03:55 PM

Jags no
Titans no
Texans no
cardinals, seriously?

Ravens

Colts
Pats

Browns twice?

While I agree with most of what you say, I definitely do not agree that the Pats are aging - if anything, they're getting younger. They have a mind-numbing 8 picks in the 1st 4 rounds of the coming draft (2 in each round), and they have a vey good eye for talent. The Pats will get awfully young in a hurry.

ricardisimo
02-16-2011, 04:20 PM
While I agree with most of what you say, I definitely do not agree that the Pats are aging - if anything, they're getting younger. They have a mind-numbing 8 picks in the 1st 4 rounds of the coming draft (2 in each round), and they have a vey good eye for talent. The Pats will get awfully young in a hurry.
The Patriots do an awful lot of wheeling and dealing, but I'm not convinced that they are the drafting behemoths that everyone makes them out to be. They do OK with their 1st-round picks (although Maroney was pretty much a bust) especially when they spend their 1st on O-linemen - a smart policy that I'd like to see the Steelers copy from time-to-time.

But aside from the occasional steal in the late rounds (Brady obviously, or Banta-Cain, Cassel, Edelman, etc.) they really don't help themselves that much with their yearly allotment of 47 draft picks. We do better, by far.

The long and the short of it is that if they are pulling only one-and-a-half or two players from each year's draft, they ain't getting any younger. That's especially true on their O-line, where they are now officially ancient.

GBpack2010
02-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Since this will be the first time since 1996 the Packers will FLAT OUT have the daunted target on their back, you will realize all but the opening kickoff that everyone is out to get your team and that the level of play is seriously spiked up at "Super Bowl levels" for the whole entire 16 game schedule. The Steelers are used to the target anyhow, but the level and pressure of facing the Super Bowl champions really fires up the entire league as to how to attack a champion. It'll be a tremendous challenge. Good luck!

We faced it before and in 1997 we went back to the super bowl but lost. Your right it will be a tough challenge for us. There hasnt been a back to back team in the super bowl since the Pats did it in 03-04.

SH-Rock
02-17-2011, 12:25 AM
We faced it before and in 1997 we went back to the super bowl but lost. Your right it will be a tough challenge for us. There hasnt been a back to back team in the super bowl since the Pats did it in 03-04.

Packers have a legitimate chance of going back. Stellar D, Stellar O, and plus players that were on IR such as Finley coming back.

BGSU A Dub
02-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Packers have a legitimate chance of going back. Stellar D, Stellar O, and plus players that were on IR such as Finley coming back.

I think it's the Lions year. Seriously. Calvin Johnson deserves it and I'm willing to bet they win both against the Pack this year. :wave:

GBpack2010
02-17-2011, 10:59 AM
I think it's the Lions year. Seriously. Calvin Johnson deserves it and I'm willing to bet they win both against the Pack this year. :wave:

This post reeks of sour grapes.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Okay I look at it this way...

Browns- This could be a surprising team. Hillis and McCoy could end up being legit players in the NFL. How far they progress by next year we will have to see.
Bengals- Um yeah, not sure who will be playing QB or WR for them so I'll say this is 2 wins.
Ravens- Always tough. Likely a split, especially if Ben isn't able to play in one of them.
Jaguars- A very very average team. Should be a win.
Titans- No QB (or possibly a rookie). Should be a win.
Patriots- We know the story here. Hardest game of the season probably.
Seahawks- I doubt they will be able to get 7 wins again. Too many has-beens and second chance guys. Win.
Rams- Dangerous, especially with Bradford better than he was in 10. Still should win.

Away
Browns- Same.
Bengals- Same.
Ravens- Same.
Texans- The offense will have to put up some decent points and the defense will have to get some takeaways. This is the classic bad matchup for the Steelers.
Colts- Similar to the Texans. Manning is receding however. I think we can take it.
Chiefs- I see a collapse in KC with Weis leaving. Steelers win.
49ers- Very very unstable team. Easy win.
Cardinals- Even more unstable. Who will be playing QB? Win.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-17-2011, 12:01 PM
This post reeks of sour grapes.

Lol beware of the SB hangover. Just prepare yourself (especially if Rodgers is on the cover of Madden). We've seen it twice.

kewldaddydave
02-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Thats a pretty good write up,I somewhat agree,or hope so!

I totally agree as well. On paper it is defenitely atainable. As for this past year, I proposed we would go 14-2, which we very should have had, but it is what it is. All I can say is, I just hope there is football this year and GO STEELERS!!!

StainlessStill
02-17-2011, 12:53 PM

It will certainly be tough, especially with the talent in the NFC starting to arise again to be dominant. With that said, Green Bay IS a team that will be contending for years and you deserve to be in EVERY category that is "championship" related. I know I'll be rooting for you guys in the NFC. Always did, that'll never change.

GBpack2010
02-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Lol beware of the SB hangover. Just prepare yourself (especially if Rodgers is on the cover of Madden). We've seen it twice.

Could happen to both teams.

GBpack2010
02-17-2011, 02:26 PM

I know you guys are going to be bitter at us for awhile. Thats just natural. Dont be like that though cause it only eats at yourself. Just let it go and hopefully you guys will be back deep in the playoffs next season.

BGSU A Dub
02-17-2011, 02:51 PM
GBPack, did you really need to quote my post twice to make a point? Instead of thinking I'm bitter, how about you realize that my second favorite team and the since you seem to still be here monkeying around on a Steelers board (which I'm sure you wouldn't if the Packers lost), I decided to put my money where my mouth was about the Lions.

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you... oh wait... this one actually is. :doh:

tony hipchest
02-17-2011, 03:20 PM
actually, gbpack2010 strikes me as one who woulda come back to post and remain a poster, regardless if his team won or lost.

kinda like hawkbeleiver, who was a great member here, and remained so, long after we kicked the seahawks ass in the sb.

Dino 6 Rings
02-17-2011, 04:20 PM
I know. Im just going to enjoy the moment cause next season it will be very hard to get back there.

you do that...here is the history of repeating.

Repeat Champs
Packers I and II
Dolphins VII and VIII
Steelers IX and X
Steelers XIII and XIV
9ers XXIII and XXIV
Cowboys XXVII and XXVIII
Denver XXXIII and XXXIV
Patriots XXXVIII XXXIX

Back to Back Appearances
Dallas Lost V before winning VI
Dolphins Lost VI before winning VII and VIII
Vikings lost VIII and IX
Dallas won XII but lost XIII
Redskins won XVII but Lost XVIII
Broncos lost XXI and XII
Bills lost XXV, XXVI, XXVII and XXVIII
Packers won XXXI but Lost XXXII

GBpack2010
02-17-2011, 09:50 PM
GBPack, did you really need to quote my post twice to make a point? Instead of thinking I'm bitter, how about you realize that my second favorite team and the since you seem to still be here monkeying around on a Steelers board (which I'm sure you wouldn't if the Packers lost), I decided to put my money where my mouth was about the Lions.

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you... oh wait... this one actually is. :doh:

Thats all right. I dont care what anyone thinks. Were champs and the whole world can hate us for all I care. The thought that were champs and everyone is mad about it is music to my ears. Cant wait for our quest to repeat next season.

GBpack2010
02-17-2011, 09:52 PM
you do that...here is the history of repeating.

Repeat Champs
Packers I and II
Dolphins VII and VIII
Steelers IX and X
Steelers XIII and XIV
9ers XXIII and XXIV
Cowboys XXVII and XXVIII
Denver XXXIII and XXXIV
Patriots XXXVIII XXXIX

Back to Back Appearances
Dallas Lost V before winning VI
Dolphins Lost VI before winning VII and VIII
Vikings lost VIII and IX
Dallas won XII but lost XIII
Redskins won XVII but Lost XVIII
Broncos lost XXI and XII
Bills lost XXV, XXVI, XXVII and XXVIII
Packers won XXXI but Lost XXXII

I say bring it on baby!!! The only thing stopping Green Bay is if Rodgers got hurt but other then that I dont fear anyone in the league.

ggoldman
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
hey, GBpack2010, why aren't you on the packersfever.com forums?

BGSU A Dub
02-17-2011, 11:08 PM
GB, I know your grammar/typing skills are horrible so I don't want to COMPLETELY insult your intelligence (intelligence = brain power), but you know there is a Packers board right?

You have made my official list of people that "annoy me". Congrats- you join Rosie O'Donnell and Rosanne. Before you get the idea it's about your team beating mine in the Super Bowl, it's not. It's about your idiot comments on a STEELERS board.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :wave:

tony hipchest
02-17-2011, 11:23 PM
hey, GBpack2010, why aren't you on the packersfever.com forums?

It's about your idiot comments on a STEELERS board.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :wave:

just so you both know, gbpack2010 has been nothing but respectful to all the members on this site, and has been extended a warm welcome and invite to stay if he so pleases.

if the 2 of you (or anyone else) cant handle that, then perhaps its you who should watch out for the doorknob while searching for www.differentfever.com forums to post on.

:hatsoff: just sayin...

BGSU A Dub
02-17-2011, 11:55 PM
just so you both know, gbpack2010 has been nothing but respectful to all the members on this site, and has been extended a warm welcome and invite to stay if he so pleases.

if the 2 of you (or anyone else) cant handle that, then perhaps its you who should watch out for the doorknob while searching for www.differentfever.com forums to post on.

:hatsoff: just sayin...

If you are okay with this turning into Packers Lite Forum then yes, it is time to find a new site. He is littering this place with Packers garbage (respectful or not). There is a "football talk" forum for that. Come on now. :banging:

tony hipchest
02-18-2011, 12:15 AM
If you are okay with this turning into Packers Lite Forum then yes, it is time to find a new site. He is littering this place with Packers garbage (respectful or not). There is a "football talk" forum for that. Come on now. :banging:

from what i understand, there are no packerfans at www.SUck.com. :wave:

if that is your perception because 2 packerfans are still posting.... then theres that whole saying about the doorknob. :hunch:

i dont know when or what you done to become a mod, but i am not going to allow hazing of new members (and them being told to GTFO) for nothing more than their team affiliation.

i guess if being a sour puss, sore loser is tolerable around here, so is a few respectful posts from fans of the opposition.

pm me if you need the direct link for StfU.com. :drink:

Wallace108
02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
I need a beer. :alcoholic

http://sidebar.asthmatickitty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/sports_small1.jpg

SteelCityMom
02-18-2011, 12:22 AM

Packers Lite Forum? Because of two posters???

Talk about exaggerating.

You guys are both cool...and I've enjoyed discussing/razzing/posting with both of you...there's no reason for anyone to go. Just like there's no reason to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Respectful members of other teams fans are welcome here, that's just something you're going to need to get used to if you choose to stay.

BGSU A Dub
02-18-2011, 12:31 AM
:footinmou :wink02:

:chuckle:

Wallace108
02-18-2011, 12:33 AM
:footinmou :wink02:

:chuckle:

Dub, what's that in your mouth? A foot? :rofl:

BGSU A Dub
02-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Dub, what's that in your mouth? A foot? :rofl:

Brett Farve's cleat actually :sofunny: :rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
02-18-2011, 12:37 PM
I say bring it on baby!!! The only thing stopping Green Bay is if Rodgers got hurt but other then that I dont fear anyone in the league.

well that...and the fact you can't stop the run still. And your oline isn't that great, and the Lions are improving, and the Vikings don't have the drama of Favre to deal with and still have a Stud RB that they are going to pound you with and the Bears are of coarse a team that can beat you. Oh and your drafting much lower this year, at 32, and the fact that you are going to get Everyone's Best...including lots of pressure on Rogers more than he's ever seen, especially since his brain is jelly at this point going the way of Steve Young having his career cut short by concussions. And that the NFC has sent a different team to the SB every year for 9 years. Going back to the repeat of the Rams 3 years apart and the Giants...8 years apart.

but go for it. We'll be Waiting for you in Indianapolis if you get there.

GBpack2010
02-18-2011, 02:42 PM
well that...and the fact you can't stop the run still. And your oline isn't that great, and the Lions are improving, and the Vikings don't have the drama of Favre to deal with and still have a Stud RB that they are going to pound you with and the Bears are of coarse a team that can beat you. Oh and your drafting much lower this year, at 32, and the fact that you are going to get Everyone's Best...including lots of pressure on Rogers more than he's ever seen, especially since his brain is jelly at this point going the way of Steve Young having his career cut short by concussions. And that the NFC has sent a different team to the SB every year for 9 years. Going back to the repeat of the Rams 3 years apart and the Giants...8 years apart.

but go for it. We'll be Waiting for you in Indianapolis if you get there.

You hate us right now cause we beat you in the Super bowl? You dont have to be a jerk, there is no rivalry between the Pack and the Steelers.

stb_steeler
02-18-2011, 02:58 PM
You hate us right now cause we beat you in the Super bowl? You dont have to be a jerk, there is no rivalry between the Pack and the Steelers.

I dont hate u guys.....At least this year in the SB, there wasnt the so called refs helped the Steelers win like there was in SB 40....But i have to addmit, wasnt to classy with the belt thing on Rodgers shoulder during trophy celebration. I never seen someone put some much into showing off, even tho i know it was his brothers idea an Clay played thru with it. I know your gonna tell me everyone shows off, i know!

pete74
02-18-2011, 03:03 PM
the lions will be a tough team to beat next year. they will have a top 6 defense i bet. chicago is also tough and if minnesota finds a qb that may be the toughest division in the nfl. green bay is a tough team and i can almost gurentee rodgers will have at least 1 more ring before he retires but it wont come next year.

stb_steeler
02-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Yep.....Pete Vegas pickin Lions next season.....lol

GBpack2010
02-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Honestly some of you are coming off as sore losers. Had you won we would be the same though too.

GBpack2010
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
the lions will be a tough team to beat next year. they will have a top 6 defense i bet. chicago is also tough and if minnesota finds a qb that may be the toughest division in the nfl. green bay is a tough team and i can almost gurentee rodgers will have at least 1 more ring before he retires but it wont come next year.

I think it will be the Chargers who rise up in the AFC next season and get to the super bowl. The Pats are getting old and vunerable in the playoffs now. I can also see the Texans doing well next season if they can keep Schaub healthy.

tony hipchest
02-18-2011, 03:54 PM
chargers are just like the ravens and cowboys. the supposed team to beat and media darlings to win it all every year since '04.

texans cant even get into the playoffs and as long as manning is still in the afc south, they never will. their defense sucks.

they will get worse before wade makes them better.

as always, the steelers (and patriots) will be the team to beat in the afc once again.

GBpack2010
02-18-2011, 03:56 PM
chargers are just like the ravens and cowboys. the supposed team to beat and media darlings to win it all every year since '04.

texans cant even get into the playoffs and as long as manning is still in the afc south, they never will. their defense sucks.

they will get worse before wade makes them better.

as always, the steelers (and patriots) will be the team to beat in the afc once again.

I think Green Bay has a good shot at getting back to the super bowl. We get all our injured players back as well we should be even better. Look what we did with 15 guys on IR and we have so much depth.

LW56
02-18-2011, 05:02 PM
I think Green Bay has a good shot at getting back to the super bowl. We get all our injured players back as well we should be even better. Look what we did with 15 guys on IR and we have so much depth.

I disagree.

steelerschik
02-18-2011, 05:12 PM

LOL, the Packers will be back in the SB next year, but the Chargers will represent the AFC? Not the Steelers? And why not? We didn't have injuries? Please. GB was not the only team to suffer injuries. The Steelers didn't even have their starting center in the SB, a patchwork o-line and a horrific secondary and STILL could have won the SB. GB won, but it wasn't a dominant win. Rodgers (who I find to be one of the most arrogant of QBs) is not Tom Brady or Drew Brees, he isn't even Peyton Manning. GB has a good team and had a great fairytale ending to an average season. It was a cinderella season much like the Steelers of 05. Not saying they can't repeat, but with teams like NO, Atlanta, Philly, Giants, Bears, it ain't gonna be easy and I truthfully don't see a repeat let alone them being in the SB again. This ain't sour grapes either, why would it be? What do Steelers fans have to be jealous of? :noidea:

LW56
02-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Honestly some of you are coming off as sore losers. Had you won we would be the same though too.

Thats deep man.

LW56
02-18-2011, 06:09 PM
LOL, the Packers will be back in the SB next year, but the Chargers will represent the AFC? Not the Steelers? And why not? We didn't have injuries? Please. GB was not the only team to suffer injuries. The Steelers didn't even have their starting center in the SB, a patchwork o-line and a horrific secondary and STILL could have won the SB. GB won, but it wasn't a dominant win. Rodgers (who I find to be one of the most arrogant of QBs) is not Tom Brady or Drew Brees, he isn't even Peyton Manning. GB has a good team and had a great fairytale ending to an average season. It was a cinderella season much like the Steelers of 05. Not saying they can't repeat, but with teams like NO, Atlanta, Philly, Giants, Bears, it ain't gonna be easy and I truthfully don't see a repeat let alone them being in the SB again. This ain't sour grapes either, why would it be? What do Steelers fans have to be jealous of? :noidea:

Agree wholeheartedly.:applaudit:

NYC_Steeler
02-18-2011, 06:26 PM
With their schedule, the Steelers can go 16-0 if they play smart, stay aggressive, and get the Brady jinx out of their heads. Knowing how badly they play against inferior teams does not bode well for this team. As for SB XLV, if Ben doesn't throw 2 picks, Rashard doesn't fumble the ball, or Fox doesn't commit a personal foul with 2 mins left in the game, we wouldn't be having these conversations and trophy # 7 would be in its glass-enclosed space at 100 Art Rooney Ave. Packers didn't screw up, Steelers did. Champions don't give games away - they take them.

stb_steeler
02-18-2011, 06:42 PM

Why u say that?......Dude take a chill pill....were not bashing you!

SoCalFan
02-18-2011, 07:05 PM
:drink::drink:With their schedule, the Steelers can go 16-0 if they play smart, stay aggressive, and get the Brady jinx out of their heads. Knowing how badly they play against inferior teams does not bode well for this team. As for SB XLV, if Ben doesn't throw 2 picks, Rashard doesn't fumble the ball, or Fox doesn't commit a personal foul with 2 mins left in the game, we wouldn't be having these conversations and trophy # 7 would be in its glass-enclosed space at 100 Art Rooney Ave. Packers didn't screw up, Steelers did. Champions don't give games away - they take them.

I like your way of thinking!

GBpack2010
02-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Why u say that?......Dude take a chill pill....were not bashing you!

Im fine man. You guys got your 6 titles.

GBpack2010
02-19-2011, 12:55 AM

Were enjoying the title right now. Thats what every fan that hates the Packers says. When we win it all they just say we won't win it next year. I know you guys don't like us and that's fine. I really don't care.

stb_steeler
02-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Wait dude...it gets worse.Your gonna hear all kinds of stuff from many other fans as time goes by.If you ask me sometimes its as bad as losing sometimes, you hear it when ya win you hear it when ya lose. Hell were still hearing it from the crybaby seahawgs to this day.

steelerschik
02-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Were enjoying the title right now. Thats what every fan that hates the Packers says. When we win it all they just say we won't win it next year. I know you guys don't like us and that's fine. I really don't care.

LOL, sorry dude, don't hate the Packers at all, don't know any Steelers fan that does hate the Pack. Just calling it like I see it.

BGSU A Dub
02-21-2011, 05:43 AM
That's why I had to put that kid on ignore. The ignorant comments became too much. Just focus on talking about the Steelers and life will be grand :thumbsup:

And I have began to hate the Pack. One can ruin it for all.

Wallace108
02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
That's why I had to put that kid on ignore. The ignorant comments became too much. Just focus on talking about the Steelers and life will be grand :thumbsup:

GcZ8Gz0rDtw

tanda10506
02-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Having an easy schedule doesn't often lead to good things. Usually when teams have it real easy they fail bad in the playoffs. Not saying that will happen to us. But we still have to play the Ravens twice, the Colts, and the Patriots again. Those will all be tough games. Plus you never know which one of those "not so good" teams will be good next year.

GBpack2010
02-22-2011, 04:58 PM

I have never talked down on the Steelers. Maybe only cause you guys were talking down on us but I like Pittsburgh. Not sure why I would be ruining anything.

Dino 6 Rings
02-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Oh I'm sorry, did I call you names..

I like this private message:

"GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17949 Hey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rodgers made your so called GREAT defense look like girls out there. We could have blown you out easy but James Jones dropped like two potential td's. Keep talking about how were going to be taken down but we will celebrate our win over the Steelers when it counted. We should have beaten you guys last season too but that was like a preseason game. At least we beat you when it counted. "

Really? Is that how you really feel?

Cause I think damn straight that your assshole puckered the moment you saw how open Wallace was against your "great" secondary and that you felt the choke coming deep down prior to mendy's fumble and in the end, with 2 mins left your heart was beating and the sweat was dripping off your forehead when you realized that Ben had the ball with 2 mins left down 6. You had your doubts. So Go Teach your Grandmother to Suck Eggs and GET OFF MY BOARD !

Dino 6 Rings
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I have never talked down on the Steelers. Maybe only cause you guys were talking down on us but I like Pittsburgh. Not sure why I would be ruining anything.

Liar, you talked them down in my Private inbox you front running fairweather fan.

Go buy your brand new Rodgers Jersey to replace the Breese Jersey you bought to replace the Manning Jersey you bought to Replace the Brady Jersey you had back in 2001.

SteelCityMom
02-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Enough...time to let it go Dino.

Take care of your shit in private though. There's really no point to trying to air it out in public. If you hate him that much just block him and ignore him.

GB, you can quit poking at people as well. Lots of us have congratulated the Packers and their fans, and we meant it...but you can't expect that reaction out of everyone. It would have been the same were situations reversed.

You're more than welcome here, despite what a few members say...but you might want to let a few overreactions to go to the wayside, considering the situation. No need to rub salt in the wounds right now.

Dino 6 Rings
02-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Just playing my part SCMom...

GBpack2010
02-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I had to send the PM to defend myself though cause the guy was all over me on the boards here. It wasnt meant to bash your organization at all. I wish the Steelers all the best going forward, I really do.

Dino 6 Rings
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
I had to send the PM to defend myself though cause the guy was all over me on the boards here. It wasnt meant to bash your organization at all. I wish the Steelers all the best going forward, I really do.

I made like 2 comments on your posts...that's it, basically I did a break down of the NFL Super Bowl history showing every single Repeat and the chances of it actually happening, then I mentioned that your team had some flaws...that's really it...never did I call YOU out or even mention You or ask you to leave the board. Told you good luck with the target on your back, your Oline and the brains of jelly QB you got since he's about 2 concussions away from retirement and that was it. Which are Fair Game shots at your actual Team, which if you say "good luck with those corners, or Good luck with that oline" to me, I'd get it cause we got some flaws.

You'd know if I was what did you say..."all over me" Oh trust me...you'd freaking know if I was all over you. Ask Timi Lumber all about that Pal.

I have no problems with other Fans here, I talk to Silver and Black, or Crow Magnon, or some Browns or Bengals Fans, Patriot and I am even a welcome member of a Patriots Forum. However, I won't have Gloating. And that's all you have been doing. That's it. You have nothing of historical value to add, nothing of actual talk, just like to post with your freaking Green Bay Packer name over and over again in the same threads that have nothing to do with your team, or the NFL in General. Want to talk Packers, go on and go to the NFL Section of this Forum, start a thread called "Why the Packers can do it again" and we can Discuss the reasons I don't think they can. 2 of them being the Bears and Vikings.

I love how you posted in the This thread...the Steelers Future Schedule Thread...and then how you posted in the "how are you dealing with the loss" Thread...

Gloat much?

GBpack2010
02-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I made like 2 comments on your posts...that's it, basically I did a break down of the NFL Super Bowl history showing every single Repeat and the chances of it actually happening, then I mentioned that your team had some flaws...that's really it...never did I call YOU out or even mention You or ask you to leave the board. Told you good luck with the target on your back, your Oline and the brains of jelly QB you got since he's about 2 concussions away from retirement and that was it. Which are Fair Game shots at your actual Team, which if you say "good luck with those corners, or Good luck with that oline" to me, I'd get it cause we got some flaws.

You'd know if I was what did you say..."all over me" Oh trust me...you'd freaking know if I was all over you. Ask Timi Lumber all about that Pal.

I have no problems with other Fans here, I talk to Silver and Black, or Crow Magnon, or some Browns or Bengals Fans, Patriot and I am even a welcome member of a Patriots Forum. However, I won't have Gloating. And that's all you have been doing. That's it. You have nothing of historical value to add, nothing of actual talk, just like to post with your freaking Green Bay Packer name over and over again in the same threads that have nothing to do with your team, or the NFL in General. Want to talk Packers, go on and go to the NFL Section of this Forum, start a thread called "Why the Packers can do it again" and we can Discuss the reasons I don't think they can. 2 of them being the Bears and Vikings.

I love how you posted in the This thread...the Steelers Future Schedule Thread...and then how you posted in the "how are you dealing with the loss" Thread...

Gloat much?

I never once gloated about the win ever. Actually I have been talking Packers football in every thread I post in. Ask around, I have never gloated about the game or rubbed it in your face. I have been trying to encourage you guys ever since about going forward and moving on. I am willing to discuss it in the NFL forum but the Bears and Vikings being better then us is highly unlikely. I know your a Packer hater so your not going to agree with any reasons I think were going to repeat next season. The discussion would be worthless anyway.