PDA

View Full Version : NFL rivals

HburgXL06
05-09-2006, 07:45 PM
A little while ago there was a thread started talkin about who are the Steelers rival in the AFCN. The breakdown went somethin like this from what I gathered.

Browns: Old school rival; we've always played them and we hate each other and always play hard against each other. No matter what the browns will be our rivals.

Ravens: Old browns. Hate on all levels. The players hate each other the fans hate each other. The team is filled with thugs and felons. Lots of hatred but not a main rival because they are no longer the browns and they suck right now.

Bengals: Rookie rivals. Only got good this year but will probably be our main competitor for a few years. Fans don't like each other because bengals fans think we are ****y and we think the the bengals fans are primarily bandwagoners and too ****y for only bein good for one year.

So now that that is over I have another question to ask and get comments on. In the entire NFL, what teams are the biggest rivals. Who hates each other and who have just been rivals with each other for years like the Steelers and browns. Are there ones that cross divisions or inside other divisions? What teams maybe just play increasingly hard against each other. Are there any rivalries that are just startin up like the Steelers and bengals anywhere else in the league. Let me know what you think and what you know. Peace.

BuFu

boLT fan
05-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Steelers / Cowboys
Cowboys / 49ers
Cowboys / Redskins
Raiders / Chiefs
Eagles / Any other team that beats them in the NFC Championship Games

PisnNapalm
05-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Steelers vs Cowboys?? We don't really play them often enough that I'd consider them a rivla, but.... I do love to see them lose to anyone!

Our biggest rival right now would have to be Cincy or Cleveland.... or Baltimore... Hell... how about anyone in the AFCN. ;)

Lyn
05-09-2006, 10:41 PM
<So now that that is over I have another question to ask and get comments on. In the entire NFL, what teams are the biggest rivals. Who hates each other and who have just been rivals with each other for years like the Steelers and browns. Are there ones that cross divisions or inside other divisions? What teams maybe just play increasingly hard against each other. Are there any rivalries that are just startin up like the Steelers and bengals anywhere else in the league. Let me know what you think and what you know>

The Steelers and the Bengals are NOT a biggest rival as I stated in my last post on this topic, the Bengals are not even on the radar screen. I think there is a miscommunication between what a real rivalry is and it is time, plain and simple.

http://www.afc-north.com/rivalry/clepit.html

It is the oldest rivalry in the AFC North and one of the nastiest in the NFL. The Steelers and the Browns played for the first time on a Saturday night in October of 1950, a 30-17 win for the Browns in Pittsburgh. Since then, they have played each other over 100 times, more than any other AFC matchup.

There is a difference between a team who we want to beat and a real rivalry.

NFL matchups
(most games played)
Packers vs. Bears 169
Lions vs. Packers 152
Lions vs. Bears 150
Redskins vs. Giants 146
Eagles vs. Giants 142
Eagles vs. Redskins 140
Giants vs. Cardinals 119
Redskins vs. Cardinals 116
49ers vs. Rams 111
Eagles vs. Cardinals 110
Browns vs. Steelers 106
Raiders vs. Chiefs 91
Cowboys vs. Eagles 91

MattsMe
05-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Chiefs and Broncos

HburgXL06
05-10-2006, 01:25 AM
Ok, for all of you that keep goin back to the AFCN. I didn't want it to go back to that I was askin bout other teams in the NFL.

Lyn, I referred to the bengals as kind of "the new kid on block originally." They aren't our true rivals but will be the team in our division that will give us the most competition for now. Sorry to give the wrong impression. I still believe that our main rival is the browns.

Thanks for the info. I originally started wonderin this since my roommate here at school is a patriots fan. He worships that team and seems to think they can do no wrong. He's a great guy though. I asked him if the patriots had a rivalry and he didn't really have a definite answer. So I decided to put the question out to see what all of ya thought who was a rival against who. Peace.

BuFu

Livinginthe past
05-10-2006, 01:51 AM
Has to be Cowboys v Redskins - the battle of two evil empires.

NM

Ohio Steeler
05-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Titans vs Texans, Raiders vs Chiefs, Cowboys vs Eagles, Browns vs Steelers, Browns vs Bengals ( big in state game ), Browns vs Ravens, Lions vs. Bears, 49ers vs. Rams, Raiders vs. Chiefs and Chiefs vs Broncos
are the biggest rival games we have today

MasterOfPuppets
05-10-2006, 02:44 AM
Has to be Cowboys v Redskins - the battle of two evil empires.

NM:iagree: if you lived around skin or cowboy fans you'd see it

Tha rock
05-10-2006, 03:12 AM
chiefs/raiders broncos/raiders raiders/pittsburgh raiders/patriots raiders/jets

3 to be 4
05-10-2006, 06:27 AM
Raiders/Tequila

Lyn
05-10-2006, 08:28 AM
I am not sure who the rivals of the Patriots are, LITP would know. I do know there is always alot of hype over Miami/Patriots. It was years and the Patriots were the lovable team in the league they usually lost to most of teams, (correct me if I am wrong I am definitely NOT a Patriots record person) :) then in comes Tom Brady.......and they have been good since then. At least if they were any good before then, I did not notice it. They creamed the Steelers and most every other team they played but it seems they always had a problem with Miami.

Oh well Peace to you all,

clevestinks
05-10-2006, 09:29 AM
As reigning Superbowl Champs, everyone is our rival now, everyone.

Ohio Steeler
05-10-2006, 09:49 AM
As reigning Superbowl Champs, everyone is our rival now, everyone.

yep if you want to be the champ you have to beat the champ, so come and get us boys and girls

Livinginthe past
05-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I am not sure who the rivals of the Patriots are, LITP would know. I do know there is always alot of hype over Miami/Patriots. It was years and the Patriots were the lovable team in the league they usually lost to most of teams, (correct me if I am wrong I am definitely NOT a Patriots record person) :) then in comes Tom Brady.......and they have been good since then. At least if they were any good before then, I did not notice it. They creamed the Steelers and most every other team they played but it seems they always had a problem with Miami.

Oh well Peace to you all,

Yeah, I guess its the Dolphins - they are our 'bogey' team for sure - they beat us at least once a year - even when they sucked!

They always play good D - and up until recent times they had one of the premiere regular season QB's the game has ever seen (no...not AJ Feeley :sofunny: )

Our series record against the Dolphins is 33-47 - a double over them this year wpuld be nice - but unlikely...they appear to be a team that Brady struggles against too.

NM

Livinginthe past
05-10-2006, 09:52 AM
yep if you want to be the champ you have to beat the champ, so come and get us boys and girls

Well ...thats means that Pats are still champs then..ya never beat us did ya ::cool:

NM

Lyn
05-10-2006, 12:35 PM
We did win that one in regular season when we broke the Patriots streak. I was at that game, it was great everyone was singing "Who's Your Daddy?"
We will meet again ............ in the playoffs.

Ohio Steeler
05-10-2006, 12:43 PM
We did win that one in regular season when we broke the Patriots streak. I was at that game, it was great everyone was singing "Who's Your Daddy?"
We will meet again ............ in the playoffs.

I will never forget that day

Sun, Oct 31 2004 Pittsburgh 34 - New England 20 The winning streak came to a stop by way of the Steelers

Lyn
05-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Yes Halloween that was the game the BNGPC chose for its' annual tailgate party and it was an incredibile weekend. Then the following week we played the Iggles and TO had said earlier, "If you don't want to see my demonstrations, keep me out of the endzone." I think the jerk got 67 yards that day. He kept following McNabb around on the sidelines trying to talk to him. FUNNY STUFF!~

HburgXL06
05-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Well ...thats means that Pats are still champs then..ya never beat us did ya ::cool:

NM

Don't worry, we comin for ya.

BuFu

ARKIESTEEL
05-10-2006, 01:36 PM
John Madden / Jenny Craig