PDA

View Full Version : Jets to let Cromartie walk!!!

MDSteel15
02-17-2011, 09:51 AM
It was reported on Mike & Mike this morning that the NY Jets are expected to let Antonio Cromartie walk so they can sign their WRs and maybe pursue Nnamdi Asomugha!!! If they can freely spend like this, I think we can afford to breach the cap (like the big spenders do yearly) just once and get that coveted DB!

steelerchad
02-17-2011, 10:08 AM
I like Ike and resigning him is 1st priority because he's still pretty young, knows the system, and is a physical corner who can match up with any receiver in the league. Getting a 2nd corner is also important, but they'll never sign Namdi or Cromartie. It's just a dream.

MDSteel15
02-17-2011, 11:13 AM
I like Ike and resigning him is 1st priority because he's still pretty young, knows the system, and is a physical corner who can match up with any receiver in the league. Getting a 2nd corner is also important, but they'll never sign Namdi or Cromartie. It's just a dream.

I want to keep IKE and WOODLEY, but we need to upgrade the other side of the CB position and the quality of backups!

Atlanta Dan
02-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I want to keep IKE and WOODLEY, but we need to upgrade the other side of the CB position and the quality of backups!

With Woodely franchised contracts to be negotiated for the 2012 season will include Timmons, Polamalu, and Woodley - in terms of $$ avaiable for the CB position it will be tough to retain Taylor let alone pay what Cromartie would cost given what will need to be paid at other D positions over the next several years

MDSteel15
02-17-2011, 11:53 AM
With Woodely franchised contracts to be negotiated for the 2012 season will include Timmons, Polamalu, and Woodley - in terms of $$ avaiable for the CB position it will be tough to retain Taylor let alone pay what Cromartie would cost given what will need to be paid at other D positions over the next several years

I don't want Cromartie's smart azz mouth over here, IF we were to spend money I would want Alphabet Soup! :popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
02-17-2011, 01:03 PM
cromartie isn't much better than mcfadden...:noidea:

Fire Arians
02-17-2011, 01:17 PM
if the jets sign asomugha they are stupid as hell. judging by all their recent signings aren't they already in salary cap hell? if they don't win the super bowl after spending that much money they will be hurting for a long, long time.

Farrior_roirraW
02-17-2011, 02:16 PM

I agree. :thumbsup:

El Nino
02-17-2011, 04:15 PM
I agree. :thumbsup:

i actually would rather have mcfadden. cromartie is average as a cover corner. yeah he has all that speed but for what? he hasn't done anything since his 2nd year which was a fluke season.

he tackles worse than anyone i ever seen and GIVES UP when a running back or any player for that matter breaks into the open field near him. as a charger he didn't even attempt to tackle the jets running backs in the playoffs, in situations where he coulda won the game with a simple stop. that kinda stuff would get him run out of pittsburgh before 1 season is even up.

the dude is soft, he makes deion sanders look like ronnie lott in terms of physicality

Dino 6 Rings
02-17-2011, 04:42 PM
plus I'm pretty sure this guy has 9 kids with 8 different women in 6 different states...not that we are the most holy of character folks on the Steelers...but that's a little bit much for my liking for a guy that isn't quite a shut down corner who won't tackle.

Farrior_roirraW
02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
i actually would rather have mcfadden. cromartie is average as a cover corner. yeah he has all that speed but for what? he hasn't done anything since his 2nd year which was a fluke season.

he tackles worse than anyone i ever seen and GIVES UP when a running back or any player for that matter breaks into the open field near him. as a charger he didn't even attempt to tackle the jets running backs in the playoffs, in situations where he coulda won the game with a simple stop. that kinda stuff would get him run out of pittsburgh before 1 season is even up.

the dude is soft, he makes deion sanders look like ronnie lott in terms of physicality

I forgot about that. Haha! Yeah, no way I see Cro in black and gold.

MDSteel15
02-17-2011, 05:15 PM
:noidea:I don't want Cromartie either! I'd like to upgrade McFadden to Jimmy Smith or Alphabet....

Fire Arians
02-18-2011, 03:24 AM
yeah cromartie is a bitch lol

43Hitman
02-18-2011, 07:06 AM
For those wanting Cromartie to don the Black and Gold I must remind you of this-
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222043

And this-

bHe1AT-rk50

steelerchad
02-18-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm actually hoping bmac can have a rebound season without injuries and we can add another strong CB candidate through the draft. Drafting a corner this year can't possibly help in 2011. Lebeau's system would be a difficult one to learn and with the CBA situation there may not even be a camp this year.

BigRick
02-18-2011, 06:17 PM

Very well put. I agree 100% :helmet:

BGSU A Dub
02-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Does Asomugha play quarterback?

I predict the wheels of the Sanchez bus fall off this year (80% sure) and Revis Island will be looking for a new geographical location (15% sure).