PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward still basking in SB glow

tony hipchest
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
http://postgazette.com/pg/06130/688814-66.stm

"This is fun. I love the treatment. When you can walk in and see all the players from other teams, there's nothing they can say to you. You're on top that whole offseason. I've been all over, to L.A., to Vegas, to Miami and seen all the players from all over. Hey, Peyton Manning, I know you're great and all, but you don't have a ring. You can be all this, all world, but you don't have a ring. I have a ring. There's nothing you can say to me right now."

:sofunny:

sure people will see this as a big headded statement but the great thing in the article is how hes using his celebrity to help fight racism in the whole country of korea. this is a cause he is really taking to heart. probably one he will be involved in as long as he lives

Hines Alou
05-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Hines is the man

SteelerFanInCA
05-10-2006, 11:55 AM
You gotta love how he clowns Peyton Manning in the article.

HburgXL06
05-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Peyton Manning brings it on himself. Every year he is marked as the greatest QB in the league and then he blows it.

Hines is a great man. Unlike other super bowl MVPs who just use thier fame to get more fame, women, endorsement deals, more money, etc. Hines is instead using his fame to instigate positive change in the world around him. Of course Hines is doin some of the typical things that super bowl MVPs do which is fine but it's the fact that he is now makin a special effort to help those less fortunate than him to become all that they can is what makes him so special. I hope that we hold on to him for years to come because he is a great athlete and a great man. Peace.

BuFu

Livinginthe past
05-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Wow I can imagine the back lash if someone other than a Steelers player made that comment - seems a little out of character for Hines.

Maybe if he meets Tom Brady in the street - Tom can reply "I Got 3 - you got nothin to say to me"

Somehow I doubt he would though.

NM

tony hipchest
05-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow I can imagine the back lash if someone other than a Steelers player made that comment - seems a little out of character for Hines.

NMwhen its kept within the context of the article it really doesnt seem out of character. everyone knows hines is one of the good guys of the league. maybe if ben or porter said it, then yeah, i could see some backlash. like i said, read it within the context of the article. i just posted that paragraph, for the shock value, and cause it is pretty funny.

clevestinks
05-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Hines Loves it? And I love it tooooooooo! This is great

SteelCityMan786
05-10-2006, 03:50 PM
I like his clowning. He is the anti-idiot of the NFL

melroseplace
05-10-2006, 04:50 PM
haha I love that quote

I heard this morning on the radio about how he's going back to Korea and taking his wife and son too...it's so awesome that he's getting actively involved and taking his family to see the country

tony hipchest
05-10-2006, 05:16 PM
haha I love that quote

I heard this morning on the radio about how he's going back to Korea and taking his wife and son too...it's so awesome that he's getting actively involved and taking his family to see the country

the article states how he and his family are going back, in part, to get his charitable foundation for bi racial children in korea, up and running.