PDA

View Full Version : Droughns Acquitted of DUI Charge

83-Steelers-43
05-10-2006, 10:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2439602

Kellie Droughns said the acquittal was a relief.

"It's been hard on us, hard on Reuben," she said. "We're taking a limo everywhere, even to the grocery store." - espn

Now that right there is a damn shame. What is this world coming to? Poor thing..............:rolleyes:

Ohio Steeler
05-10-2006, 10:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2439602

Kellie Droughns said the acquittal was a relief.

"It's been hard on us, hard on Reuben," she said. "We're taking a limo everywhere, even to the grocery store." - espn

Now that right there is a damn shame. What is this world coming to? Poor thing..............:rolleyes:

now you know with gas being as expensive it is not going to be cheep for him to have someone drive him around all day oh wait he makes like 5000 a day I wish I made that a day

83-Steelers-43
05-10-2006, 02:37 PM
We should all feel sorry for Mrs. Droughns.

tony hipchest
05-10-2006, 02:52 PM
where was the limo driver when he was drinking and drving. i mean i understand having a ****tail at a party or dinner but cmon. maybe rueben will smack his wife around and tell her to keep her mouth shut. not that i condone that but charges would just get dropped or he be acquitted anyways.

boLT fan
05-10-2006, 02:59 PM
We should all feel sorry for Mrs. Droughns.

Because he got the DUI, or becuase he's on the Browns? :bouncy:

j-dawg
05-10-2006, 06:57 PM
this happened in medina... them hillbilly troopers got to much time on their hands....

clevestinks
05-10-2006, 07:05 PM
this happened in medina... them hillbilly troopers got to much time on their hands....
So you condone drinking and driving?? There is no way that anyone today should not be punished for DUI. Droughns actually admitted to drinking and driving, saying that he got home but went back out to help a fellow browns player. You wouldn`t have gotten off, i wouldn`t have gotten off. 21 miles from there, in Medina, Jim Cline killed to nineteen yearold college freshman just 6 weeks ago. And they claim they will make an example of Cline, and they should. But then Droughns walks????? I know Cline very well and he is garbage, and I`m not comparing Droughns to him, but you have to pay for your mistakes

j-dawg
05-10-2006, 07:21 PM
dude! cline is an 11 time convicted drunk driver!! droughns alcohol level was .08, the state's legal limit. and of course i don't condone drunk driving... who the hell would?

clevestinks
05-11-2006, 12:30 PM
dude! cline is an 11 time convicted drunk driver!! droughns alcohol level was .08, the state's legal limit. and of course i don't condone drunk driving... who the hell would?
Dude I mentioned that I was not comparing the two, but it all starts somewhere, at one time Cline had 1. Pro Athletes get off way to much. Dude!

Ohio Steeler
05-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Dude I mentioned that I was not comparing the two, but it all starts somewhere, at one time Cline had 1. Pro Athletes get off way to much. Dude!

that they do and alot of it has to do with they have mony and they also have a name....

RoethlisBURGHer
05-11-2006, 04:50 PM

I agree,just because your rich and famous doesn't mean you should be able to get away with sh*t like that.My cousin was killed by a drunk driver.

I wonder though,if .08 is the state's legal limit then are you considered drunk when you reach .08 or when you pass .08?

clevestinks
05-12-2006, 03:40 AM
I`m not trying to be a browns hater here, it wouldn`t matter to me what team Droughns played for. If they want to start setting example, and they do need to, then start already, your first DUI wouldn`t have gotten Rueben any time anyway, mostly a fine. So give hime what he deserves. Then if he does get another and another, then youve started the process of trying to get him off the road. If he never gets another one, then it really didn`t hurt him anyone. Living here in Ohio I will say from what I read, and from my friends who are browns fans, Droughns seemed to be a great guy. It is not about him.