PDA

View Full Version : Panic in Hollywood!

Suitanim
05-10-2006, 01:42 PM
First, there's news that Scientologists are buying up hundreds of tickets to falsely manipulate the box office numbers for MI:3
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/unusual-mi3-ticket-sales-at-arclight-near-scientology-celeb-center/

Now there's rumblings that the studio is in a panic and trying to cut costs wherever they can because the opening gross was 15-20 million less than they anticipated. The movie puportedly cost $150 million to make, and only made 47 mil back after it's opening weekend.

The funny thing is, Cruise did this all to himself. If he could at least ACT normal, people would probably go see his movie. It's one thing to be gay and hide it, another to be part of a weird cult, but you'd think his PR machine would just keep this guy muzzled.

HburgXL06
05-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Worst thing Tom Cruise ever did was date and impregnate Katie Holmes. I still don't know how these people can believe that scientology bullshit.

BuFu

PisnNapalm
05-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I have to say that I used to enjoy Cruise's movies, but over the past couple years or so, I haven't paid a dime to any of them in a theater. I rented a few once they hit video. War of the Worlds was interesting.

I've no desire to see MI3 at all though.

Suitanim
05-10-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I spent $6.25 for a matinee showing of MI:3, of which I'm sure Cruise himself will get about $1.25 of, and I'm sure the Church of Scientology will get about .25 of that.

Despite my hatred of that freak, the movie was easily the best of the 3.

j-dawg
05-10-2006, 07:48 PM
well... if it was the best of the three, that's not saying much... i promised myself that i'd never see another woo film after mi2... than i saw paycheck.... yowza! that's all i can say.

tony hipchest
05-10-2006, 07:54 PM
this one isnt done by woo. i dont know about the previous 2 but this one is produced by tom (maybe hes hoping to bank like m. gibson did with The Passion) and directed by the dude who does the tv shows "alias" and "lost" i believe.

clevestinks
05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Cruise has lost control, once he was a great actor, now he is a turd!

j-dawg
05-10-2006, 08:03 PM
this one isnt done by woo. i dont know about the previous 2 but this one is produced by tom (maybe hes hoping to bank like m. gibson did with The Passion) and directed by the dude who does the tv shows "alias" and "lost" i believe.

i knew that... i was commenting on the fact that i thought mi2 was suck-o-la... and woo directed that one... j j abrams directed mi3... most notable accomplishments... writing armageddon and joyride (yikes).

SteelerzGirl
05-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Worst thing Tom Cruise ever did was date and impregnate Katie Holmes. I still don't know how these people can believe that scientology bullshit.

BuFu

Actually, the worst thing Tom Cruise ever did was when he decided to tangle w/Brooke Shields over her post-partum depression, which brought to the forefront what a total jerk he is. Not cool!

You sure Tom Cruise is the bilogical father? :sofunny:

Let's spread the word all over the Net that K-Fertileline is the biological father! :sofunny:

Rumor has it that Tom's fiancee, Katie Holmes, has changed her first name to Kate. While at the April 25th London premier of MI3, Tom reportedly stated, "Katie is a young girl's name. Her name is Kate now; she's a childbearing woman." :rolleyes:

Hammer67
05-10-2006, 09:41 PM
well... if it was the best of the three, that's not saying much... i promised myself that i'd never see another woo film after mi2... than i saw paycheck.... yowza! that's all i can say.

Woo is the worst and most overrated director I have ever seen. He is TERRIBLE!!

The man should be banned from hollywood for the piece of shit that was Windtalkers.:poop: