PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ravens to cut Willis McGahee

Deserei90
02-21-2011, 06:33 PM
By James Walker

Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens will cut backup running back Willis McGahee to save $6 million in salary for 2011. But Preston also notes the team could try to bring back McGahee at a reduced rate.

Despite backing up starter Ray Rice, McGahee has been important to Baltimore's running game. He's the team's best short-yardage back and has scored 20 total touchdowns the past two seasons.

But McGahee's situation comes down to money and paying a backup $6 million just doesn't add up. Maybe the Ravens can convince McGahee to return at a reduced rate to help the Ravens compete for a championship. Maybe they can't and McGahee goes elsewhere. That's the risk Baltimore is reportedly willing to take.

The Ravens could also lose fullback Le'Ron McClain to free agency. So cutting McGahee could leave only one player (Rice) remaining from Baltimore's three-headed monster.

http://es.pn/eTmhVg

ricardisimo
02-21-2011, 09:56 PM
How many seconds will pass before someone starts a "The Steelers should sign McGahee" thread?

Fire Arians
02-21-2011, 10:07 PM
he sucks

mcclain on the other hand, I'd take him, but arians doesn't use a fullback so won't happen.

Pentheon
02-21-2011, 10:12 PM
I actually think mcgahee is a nice backup, not sayin we should get him but I wouldnt say he sucks.

Fire Arians
02-22-2011, 01:29 PM
I actually think mcgahee is a nice backup, not sayin we should get him but I wouldnt say he sucks.

well true but if i had to choose between him or le'ron mcclain, i'd pick mcclain

actually the more i think about it and the possibility of the ravens letting mcclain walk, he might be a good pickup for arians' system. he's a good receiver out of the backfield and would probably do a shitload better in blocking duty than johnson would.

steeltheone
02-23-2011, 10:33 AM
How many seconds will pass before someone starts a "The Steelers should sign McGahee" thread?

I was waiting for that!

Dino 6 Rings
02-23-2011, 10:47 AM
well true but if i had to choose between him or le'ron mcclain, i'd pick mcclain

actually the more i think about it and the possibility of the ravens letting mcclain walk, he might be a good pickup for arians' system. he's a good receiver out of the backfield and would probably do a shitload better in blocking duty than johnson would.

I tend to agree, the bigger mistake is letting McClain walk...

MasterOfPuppets
02-23-2011, 11:55 AM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/funny-dog-pictures-dog-asks-you-what-you-are-talking-about.jpg

SteelerEmpire
02-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Man. Their taking away Clark's favorite target... darn !

BGSU A Dub
02-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Redman > McGahee.

I still cringe thinking about the hit to McGahee's knee in that national championship.