PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 7 round Mock

Steel Glory
02-23-2011, 11:06 AM
1. Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
-Need some serious help at CB. He might be available when we pick, looks like Jimmy Smith played out of our reach.

2. Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
-Could help fill the void at right guard.

3. Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
- A solid left tackle prospect. Played well against Von Miller and Robert Quinn, the 2 best linebacker prospects.

4. Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon
-Need some depth, and the Matthews family knows football.

5. Dion Lewis, RB, Pitt
-A nice change of pace back and can take Mewelde Moore's spot as 3rd down back. He can catch well out of the backfield.

6. Mike Blanc, DE, Auburn
-Need some youth added to the defensive line.

7. Mark LeGree, FS, Appalachian State
-Picked off 10 passes after getting the start, 7 picks the next year and his senior year picked off another 5 even though teams stayed away from him more and more. 22 career picks. Runs around a 4.5 40 and has been invited to the Combine.

I usually try to add a small school prospect that I think will rise just because :thumbsup:

What do you think? Do you agree with these picks or think some of these players won't be available? I want your opinion :tt:

Edit - Dang forgot about a kicker. Maybe they can get one in free agency or bump LeGree to a 6th round choice and take a kicker in the 7th.

MDSteel15
02-23-2011, 05:25 PM
You can take out Lewis and put the K from Nebraska there! :noidea:

PhantomJB93
02-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I think Lewis would be a wasted pick, I understand some of us Pittsburghers may be fans of him but we don't need him at all, I think he'd be a reach even in the 5th round, and I wouldn't really expect much production from him at the NFL level; especially in Pittsburgh where backs need to have some physicality to their game, he would not only have trouble breaking tackles and finding holes but he's so small I'd be scared of him getting injured, he's not like MJD or Ray Rice who have some muscle to make up for their small frame he's just...small. He shouldn't have come out this early, another year (at least ) in college would have done him worlds of good.

I don't like Brandon Harris much either, I'd probably go Aaron Williams, Stefen Wisniewski, or trade back to the early second if they're all gone, but other than that I like your picks. Especially the 7th round safety, he sounds like a pretty good under-the-radar prospect.

bubbletownwr88
02-23-2011, 07:13 PM
yea def. not Dion Lewis. he was a beast, but there was no need for him to come out early and he's too small. I'd like to fit Robert Sands from WVU in there somewhere because we need depth at safety and this kid could start.

Steel Glory
02-23-2011, 10:44 PM
I did not follow Pittsburgh Panthers, so its not a homer thing for Dion Lewis. I just believe he is a good prospect. He isn't all that small either. He is 5-7, 198 pounds. MJD is 5-7 208 pounds.

Lesean McCoy, who he replaced, starts for the Eagles now. McCoy weighs in at 208 pounds also, except that he is 5-10. Plus Lewis was more successful for the Panthers than McCoy was... :noidea: If you want small think Noel Devine. He is 5-7 160 pounds. He's a tiny guy. I'm 5-7 145 pounds and I just exercise for recreation.

However, this is still not a needs pick.:coffee:

I will probably be making another mock draft soon with the combine occurring in Indianapolis this week. After that players should rise and fall with the hype.

pete74
02-24-2011, 02:59 PM
you need an OLB there. its a deep class for them and i will bet anyone my life that the steelers choose on in the 1st 4 rounds

Steel Glory
02-24-2011, 03:49 PM
you need an OLB there. its a deep class for them and i will bet anyone my life that the steelers choose on in the 1st 4 rounds

You're right. With only 1 real backup, Jason Worilds, they are thin. I just need to put a list in front of me with needs. :doh:

They would most likely not take two lineman and would probably take a tackle over a guard I would guess, because most tackles can move in to play guard, but not the other way around.

So, in the second round they could take Justin Houston from Georgia, or if he is gone, Sam Acho from Texas. Acho needs some coaching up but has talent.

Acho won awards for best all around player with academics, community involvement and athleticism plus sportsmanship awards. He is 6-2 and 257 pounds, but he played DE in college. Sounds like a good kid :helmet: