PDA

View Full Version : Players you want in the first 2 rounds

rthorsn
02-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I have been a Steelers fan long enough to know who WE all want usually won't be the pick. The Steelers evaluate everybody and take somebody we all "like" but don't LOVE at the time. Last year most of us didn't want Pouncey but look how wrong we all were.

WIth that all being said I am curious who we are looking at this year in the first couple of rounds.

We all know what the Steelers "need" positions are in no particular order OT OG DL CB SS FS

My guess for the first two rounds are this:

1st round - Mike Pouncey or Brandon Harris

2nd round - Ras I Dowling or Titus Young

I don't think the Steelers NEED a WR with Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Ward, El, Sweed but I think this is Wards last year and they may just cut El and Sweed.

Titus is smaller but a blazer who will go over the middle. Outside with Wallace and Young with a inside of Sanders and Brown might just be to much for any team to handle.

:tt04: What's your guess for rounds 1 and 2 :tt04:

SH-Rock
02-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Round 1 Jimmy Smith or Mike Pouncey
Round 2 Marcus Cannon or Ras I Dowling

But I have a feeling if we target the first rounders I have chosen, it will come at the cost of giving up the second round pick.

StainlessStill
02-25-2011, 11:34 PM
With Willie Colon set to be on the way out, we have to really push hard for an offensive lineman, esp right guard/tackle positions. Mike Pouncey sure would look GREAT in Black and Gold right now. If there's ANY indication that he could be just as GOOD as his brother did for us this year, then it's a no brainier and that would prove that Mike Pouncey would be NFL ready, something the Steelers need out of this draft-class with offensive lineman.

MDSteel15
02-25-2011, 11:37 PM
1. Jimmy Smith, Colorado - Aaron Williams, Texas - Rahim Moore, UCLA - Derek Sherrod, Mississippi St - Mike Pouncey, Florida
2. Ben Ijalana, Villanova - Danny Watkins, Baylor - Christian Ballard, Iowa - Kenrick Ellis, Hampton - Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss - Robert Sands, West Virginia - Deunta Williams, North Carolina
3. Casey Matthews, Oregon - Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson - James Carpenter, Alabama - Tyler Sash, Iowa - Austin Pettis, Boise State
4. Steve Schilling, Michigan - Zach Hurd, Connecticut
5. DeAndre Brown, Southern Mississippi - Alex Henerey, Nebraska

GameTime55
02-25-2011, 11:47 PM
You asked who I want .. so strictly answering it from this perspecitive.

I want Patrick Peterson and then a Offensive Linemen in the 2nd round..Cannon TCU.

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Patrick-Peterson1.jpg

Gonna need to move up for it but... I think it worked alright to do so in getting this guy :

http://www.netitor.com/photos/schools/usc/galleries/polamalu/TroyPolamalu-lg.jpg

So lets give it anohter shot.

GameTime55
02-25-2011, 11:51 PM
1. Jimmy Smith, Colorado - Aaron Williams, Texas - Rahim Moore, UCLA - Derek Sherrod, Mississippi St - Mike Pouncey, Florida
2. Ben Ijalana, Villanova - Danny Watkins, Baylor - Christian Ballard, Iowa - Kenrick Ellis, Hampton - Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss - Robert Sands, West Virginia - Deunta Williams, North Carolina
3. Casey Matthews, Oregon - Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson - James Carpenter, Alabama - Tyler Sash, Iowa - Austin Pettis, Boise State
4. Steve Schilling, Michigan - Zach Hurd, Connecticut
5. DeAndre Brown, Southern Mississippi - Alex Henerey, Nebraska

$$$ I definitely like the sounds of these guys as well $$

Fire Arians
02-26-2011, 12:20 AM

But I have a feeling if we target the first rounders I have chosen, it will come at the cost of giving up the second round pick.

if we go corner i don't think we should trade up. this class is deep at cb talent

Merchant
02-26-2011, 12:57 AM
You asked who I want .. so strictly answering it from this perspecitive.

I want Patrick Peterson and then a Offensive Linemen in the 2nd round..Cannon TCU.

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Patrick-Peterson1.jpg

Gonna need to move up for it but... I think it worked alright to do so in getting this guy :

http://www.netitor.com/photos/schools/usc/galleries/polamalu/TroyPolamalu-lg.jpg

So lets give it anohter shot.

I think that would mean moving up in the Top 5. Not happening, sorry.

PhantomJB93
02-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Round 1:
Jimmy Smith
Aaron Williams
Mike Pouncey
Stefen Wisniewski

Round 2:
Marcus Cannon
Benjamin Ijlana
Ras I Dowling
Curtis Brown

As somebody above said, wouldn't mind trading up for Peterson or Amukamara...might be costly to move up that far but they are both special talents and could easily be the next Revis/Polamalu/game changing defensive back. Peterson's unlikely but Amukamara could fall out of the top ten in which case I would start strongly considering a trade up.

.24lockdown
02-26-2011, 01:17 AM
1: Aaron Williams or Rahim Moore

Rick5895
02-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Williams or Pouncey in the 1st if they are available. I don't think either will be. We may be able to garner extras picks if we can't get that type of player and trade our 1st and get one of the top3 three second round picks and another 3rd, maybe get Wisneiski and Dowling .
Trading up inot the top 10 from where we are will cost too much, and IMO will do more harm than good.

theplatypus
02-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Trading up inot the top 10 from where we are will cost too much, and IMO will do more harm than good.

If you look at one of those guides for draft pick values it would take every pick this year plus a few from another year to trade into the top 10. I wouldn't be opposed to them trading away picks 5-7 and any supplemental picks to pick up 3-4 players that would have an immediate impact(we can all dream).

GameTime55
02-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I think that would mean moving up in the Top 5. Not happening, sorry.

I know it isnt happening. Ive watched numerous drafts and it never happens that Pitt moves up..generally speaking. I was just answering the question. Even if they considered it I know we would be giving up a whole heck of a lot so its just wishful thinking. But in that same breath I really do want him. He will be a day one starter and future pro bowler. I dont think I am going out on too big a limb to say that. Time will tell. Peterson--your on the clock for day one starter --whenever day one ever happens. :coffee:

a future pro bowler that wont be on our team.

and a move could be worth it IF he turns out to be the "next" best shutdown corner. he really is freakish.

I will quit conveying my man crush on Peterson now.:wave:

rthorsn
02-26-2011, 11:16 AM
I agree I would love to grab the next AMAZING CB like Peterson or Price but thats just not in the cards. Hell I would love to sign Nnamdi and draft Pouncey and end all the talk about weak line and weak secondary. Problem is we all love the Steelers. Things are never like that and as much as we hate it now, we love it when they hoist that silver trophy in the air with confetti falling from the sky. Front office is much smarter than us. Well at least most of us lol.

thumper
02-26-2011, 01:41 PM

Smith won't be there. Pouncy might not be either - he is
the top OG on the board, and we pick 31st. Usually the top
OG goes before the very end of the 1st. I like Ras Dowling
in the 2nd.

SH-Rock
02-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Smith won't be there. Pouncy might not be either - he is
the top OG on the board, and we pick 31st. Usually the top
OG goes before the very end of the 1st. I like Ras Dowling
in the 2nd.

Or forfeit first round pick for Benjamin Ijalana if he's there

MDSteel15
02-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Round 1:
Jimmy Smith
Aaron Williams
Mike Pouncey
Stefen Wisniewski
Round 2:
Marcus Cannon
Benjamin Ijlana
Ras I Dowling
Curtis Brown

Would you please get off Wisniewski!!! We don't need him.. And truthfully we don't need a gaurd if they just move a certain head case inside...