PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Smith to Retire!

DIESELMAN
05-11-2006, 11:30 AM
AP reports WR Jimmy Smith has decided to retire. Smith led the Jacksonville Jaguars with 70 catches for 1,023 yards and six touchdowns last season. He ranks seventh in NFL history with 862 receptions and 11th in receiving yards with 12,287. He has more receptions than every receiver in the Hall of Fame, and only WR Marvin Harrison has more catches and yards receiving than Smith since 1996. The 37-year-old has scheduled a news conference later today to announce his decision.

Suitanim
05-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing the Jags might have liked to hear this news BEFORE they drafted not a single WR...

DIESELMAN
05-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah no doubt.....kinda shitty but you never know what might've came up in the last minute for him to make his decision.....

Hypnotic
05-11-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm guessing the Jags might have liked to hear this news BEFORE they drafted not a single WR...

Well you figure they have drafted first round recievers in the past years (Williams and Jones). And know they have Lewis at TE. I think they are hoping to replace Williams production with these young recievers. Honeslty I think there will be a big drop in production cause Reggie was one of the biggest first round busts and Matt Jones is more of a possesion reciever as a big target.