PDA

View Full Version : More Vick garbage

jjpro11
02-26-2011, 12:25 PM
what a ****ing joke. i hope the guy suffers a career ending injury early next season so we can stop hearing about his "heroism" and "courage." **** him and the clueless assholes who celebrate him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/26/michael-vick-honored-as-a-true-example-of-life-success/

Michael Vick honored as “a true example of life success”
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 26, 2011, 12:12 PM EST

In another step toward the rehabilitation of Michael Vick’s image, an organization in his native Virginia has announced that it plans to honor him at an event next month for his off-field activities.

The Virginian-Pilot reports that the Southeastern Virginia Arts Association announced its intention to honor Vick and made clear that the honor was not just for the football player, but for the man.

In a statement released by the group, Vick is praised because he “epitomized the meaning of ‘hero’ not only by his unparalleled accomplishments on the football field, but more importantly, by his relentless resilience in overcoming the obstacles he has faced . . . and becoming a true example of life success for all to emulate.”

We’ve been down this path before several times, notably when Vick was given the Ed Block Courage Award and when Vick was given the key to the city of Dallas. Some people think Vick’s ability to get his life back on track after serving time in prison is worthy of praise. Others think the people who deserve praise are the ones who avoid going to prison in the first place.

MDSteel15
02-26-2011, 12:27 PM
What a crock of $h!t :banging:

JPPT1974
02-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Well hopefully he doesn't hurt another dog. He hasn't since his arrest. But who knows as we don't know him. Oh well! We shall see now won't we?

BigRick
02-26-2011, 11:21 PM
What a crock of $h!t :banging:

He learned a lesson n prison. How to hide his crimes better this time around. :helmet:

caplovestroyp43
02-26-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't know what the hell those people were smokin' when they decided that but it musta been some dam good stuff!!

He's a low life piece of s hit that should be UNDER the jail instead of out of it!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Atlanta Dan
03-01-2011, 08:23 PM
A true hero indeed

Vick doesn’t show up for charity event

Ashley Fox of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Vick failed to show up Monday for an event known as “What It Takes,” organized by Anthony Martin, who hopes to provide mentors for kids at risk of dropping out of school. Vick had agreed to participate in a panel discussion at a session for more than 200 boys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/01/vick-doesnt-show-up-for-charity-event/

But it's all good - unlike other QBs that play for Pennsylvania teams, Vick has a big fan in the league office

Goodell and Vick communicate three or four times a month, by phone or text. On Jan. 9, a half hour after the Eagles had fallen to Green Bay in the playoffs, Goodell texted Vick: I'm sorry about the loss. You had an incredible year. Remember the progress. I'm very proud of you.

A few minutes later Goodell's phone vibrated with a text response from Vick: Thanks Roger! I will continue to make you and my family proud!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1181467/9/index.htm

"I do believe we need more success stories,'' Goodell said of Vick. "Too much of our society looks for people to fail. I'm not doing this because I felt sorry for Michael. I felt that because he'd been accountable, he had taken responsibility, and he wanted to make a positive difference. But he needed help getting there. That's why we did sort of a 'stage' return ... But Michael said to me, he said my number one goal is to make you proud and ... win that Super Bowl and be that MVP. We talk about that every once in a while. And it could happen. It would be a pretty cool moment.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/30/super-bowl-week/index.html

What a pair of great guys:banging::banging: