PDA

View Full Version : Harris, Pouncy or Sherrod?

thumper
02-27-2011, 01:57 PM
It is possible that all 3 are gone by our pick, but it is also
quite possible that one will slip to us. Harris is a burner CB
out of Miami. He not only has top physical skills but also has
passion, and to me, that is important.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630457

Pouncy is a fan favorite because he is twin brothers
with Maurice, and I'd be OK with the pick, but maybe
not thrilled since I think OT and CB are bigger needs
right now.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1273190

Sherrod is an interesting prospect because he could
fill in at RG this year and be allowed to grow while
Starks and Hotel remain our OTs for this year, with
Sherrod being able to back them up if they do down
to injury and play at RG in the meantime.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1273478

Right now, they are all projected to be taken just before
our pick. But with 3 of them so close to falling to us, you
would have to think one of them should.

If all three are gone, I'd go with Aaron Williams, CB, TX.
He has the size and hitting ability Pgh like.s

pete74
02-27-2011, 03:28 PM
no way will Pouncey slip. i expect him to go before 18 but if he does slip past that there is always a chance we will trade up. personally all 3 seem good to me but im not a scout and only going by there college stats which we all know dont always mean your going to do well in the nfl

steelerohio
02-27-2011, 04:30 PM
yeah I'm resigned to the possibilty that Pouncey will be gone by the 18th pick... I see no way we could get him unless he pulls an Eli Manning...

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-28-2011, 03:32 PM
I think Pouncey should be gone. I would have to go Harris as I am not sure if Sherrod is a Steeler. Sherrod could still be on the board when we pick as he seems to be athletic, but play soft and doesnt show to be a great run blocker.

Kind of Chris Williams from Vanderbilt who was drafted by the Bears. Could have upside as a LT, but only the coaches will know from interviews if he can be that guy.

MDSteel15
02-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Unfortunatley I think I would have to pick Harris.... :banging:

bubbletownwr88
02-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Harris our corners are more of a concern than the line.

MDSteel15
02-28-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't like hot dogs from the "U"... Sorry :coffee:

Farrior_roirraW
02-28-2011, 10:12 PM
I've posted this in other threads--Harris is great but I don't think it's any kind of possibility that he'll be there at 31. .

pete74
03-01-2011, 07:13 AM
the top 5 corners can all be gone before we pick and even if 1 drops who knows if he will do well in the NFL anyway. last year we all wanted Kyle Wilson. everyone thought he would come in and immediatly help our secondary. thank god we took Pouncey instead and Wilson went to the Jets. maybe Wilson will fan out but he had a horrible rookie season even though he played on one of the best defenses.

Peterson, Prince and Jimmy Smith can all go in the top 15 and alot of the top mocks have them there. i have also seen mocks with Harris and Williams going before we pick and if that happens and we dont trade up for Pouncey odds are we will grab an offensive tackel.

i know alot of people dont think we need a tackel but odds are Colon wont be back and this will definatly be Adams last season. there is also the need to drop Starks. he is one of the higher paid offensive lineman in the NFL and his play dosnt justify that salary. there is no way in hell Starks deserves to be paid as much as he makes. i like him and would love to keep him for about half the money he makes now but i doubt he will be willing to take a cut so we need to find a LT