#1 in rushing D
#1 in sacks
#2 in total yards allowed
#12 in passing yards allowed (and everyone throw all day since they
could not rush on us).

Does that sound like __ any __ unit on the defense could have
been __ that __ bad?

I think if some of you were married to Brooklyn Decker
you'd complain here boobs were too real and big.

http://www.tkbbblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/brooklyn-decker-02130825.jpg

SoCalFan
02-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Stats dont mean $hit....Its all about game situations and clearly our secondary got burned in game situations that caused a loss! Nice pic.by the way,and NO I would not complain!!!:love:

Fire Arians
02-27-2011, 02:16 PM
#12 is almost average. 'the standard' is higher than that. db corps need to be upgraded

BGSU A Dub
02-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Where do we rank in things like interceptions, tipped passes, yac, and passing touchdowns?

Those numbers would show more of how the DBs did.

PhantomJB93
02-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Not everyone "threw all day," a lot of teams still TRIED to use their running game and failed miserably. The teams that DID lean heavily on their passing game were more than just successful, they torched us (See: Patriots, Saints, Packers, second half of Jets playoff game, end of first Bengals game). You can expect a lot more of it next year, and probably even more futility if we don't make some major upgrades.

Stop trying to defend the DB corps, the simple fact is that right now, the suck. Bmac has no excuse, the injury made him worse but he was still awful when healthy, he is NOT GOOD now, he was not good last year and he is not what he was 2 or 3 years ago; he wasn't even great then, there's a reason we didn't resign him. William Gay is horrible in coverage and it's as simple as that, he is only "decent" when he's in the slot and doesn't have to cover beyond 10 yards downfield. Ike Taylor is good but not great and the rest of our DBs make him look WAY better than he actually is, he's obviously a step above the rest on this team but he gives up his fair share of bad plays and doesn't compare to the likes of truly great CBs around the league.

Yes, we are still a good defense with them. But not everything can be measured in stats and quite honestly whenever we failed to get a pass rush and rattle the QB, they were god awful. I'd like to see what our pass defense stats are when the opposing QB was not pressured, hit, or sacked, because I am quite sure they would be god awful and our CBs CANNOT hold their own in coverage AT ALL, the only way we ever stop the pass is by stopping the QB and forcing a bad throw or a sack, very rarely to CBs not named Taylor on our team ever make a play in coverage.

CargoJon
02-27-2011, 02:54 PM
If there's anything the Giants showed us in 2007, it's that an average bunch of CB's can be offset by a great front 7. That's where we're at.

If we want to avoid getting torched through the air by pass heavy teams, we need to upgrade the CB position.

PS - what if Decker had nips the size of dinner plates? Would I be allowed to complain then?

thumper
02-27-2011, 06:03 PM
]If there's anything the Giants showed us in 2007, it's that an average bunch of CB's can be offset by a great front 7. That's where we're at.

If we want to avoid getting torched through the air by pass heavy teams, we need to upgrade the CB position.

For the 100th time, I agree we need to draft some CBs!

PS - what if Decker had nips the size of dinner plates? Would I be allowed to complain then?

Sure you could complain. It's all about personal preference. However,
if you complained about what I said, most guys would think you were
loco.

steelerchad
02-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Thumper- You're right about teams not running on us. Most towards the end of the season didn't even bother trying. We had by far the lowest run/pass ratio of any team. 36/64%. Our pass D was good, just not great. Ike is solid and usually takes away the number 1 guy. The problem lies after that. When you look at Baltimore their receivers should have been able to beat McFadden and Gay. The difference is not having an elite QB. The 3 best QB's we faced where able to score through the air on our D and we lost all 3 games. Brady, Brees, Rodgers. Everyone knows our secondary is the weak link. It's not bad, it's just much weaker than the run D so teams have to attack it. But if you don't have an elite, very accurate passer like the 3 I mentioned above, you are probably not going to succeed.

SteelHaven
02-28-2011, 10:03 AM
We can use all picks to draft corners till we're blue in the face. Just don't expect miracles next season. The kids will need time to develop and will have their fair share of mistakes.

Dino 6 Rings
02-28-2011, 12:44 PM
sorry, couldn't get the gist of this thread with that hottie pic in the initial post...

um...yeah...corners...uh huh...

Its an entire defensive thing...got to pressure the QB while having good coverage on the outside and over the top on the slots and on the TEs.

Our D-backs were good enough to win the AFC, and we only allowed 24 points on Defense in the SB. However, the "expose" came in key spots, like that 3rd and 10 with 5 mins left deep in their own territory, the Packers converted. Also, the Fitzgerald TD in XLIII. You don't notice the other 30 plays made by the DBs when they give up huge plays in key spots. That's just the nature of the beast.