PDA

View Full Version : A dozen other QBs I would rather have than Ben Roethlisberger.

Steelerz4Life
03-03-2011, 01:00 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, Ben Roethlisberger is probably one of the dumbest QBs in the NFL. Let's be real, as much as we all love the Steelers, we have to be real and admit that the Steelers carried Ben to 2 Super Bowl wins, and when the Steelers needed Ben to carry the team to a win, Ben choked. The Steelers won 2 Super Bowl titles in spite of Ben, not because of him. And I really don't care about the negative replies I will get for stating what is true about this. Now on to 12 other current NFL QBs I would rather have than Ben.

1. Tom Brady - Best QB in the game. I hate to say this but it is true. Ben is not even worthy of holding Brady's jock.

2. Peyton Manning - I don't care that he has 1 less ring, he is a superior QB to Ben in every possible way.

3. Aaron Rodgers - In spite of this being Rogers first Super Bowl, and Ben's 3rd, Rodgers did something in 1 Super Bowl that Ben has not done in 3.....carry his team to the win. Rodgers is a superior QB to Ben in every possible way. I would take a drunk Aaron Rodgers as Steelers QB over a sober Big Ben. Aaron Rodgers already has 1 more SBMVP than Ben will ever win.

4. Drew Brees - forget he only has average arm strength. His intelligence is far superior to that of Ben. If Brees was our QB, we have #7 easy.

5. Michael Vick - Vick is a total pile of ****, but when it comes to playing QB, I would take him any day over Ben. Put Vick in a Steeler uniform with this same team and that is an improvement at QB.

6. Tony Romo - He does not have Ben's size or strength, but like every other QB I list, he has a superior intelligence. During their NFL careers, put Romo in a Steeler uniform and Ben in a Cowboys uniform, Ben would be lucky to be a 2nd stringer today, and Romo would have 3 or more rings on his finger.

7. Philip Rivers - Rivers is not a mobile QB, but at the same time he is much faster in reading defenses and making quicker decisions and throws. He doesn't need to take forever to figure out who to throw to.

8. Joe Flacco - I hate the Ravens, but Flacco is a good QB. Give him the same Steeler teams Ben has had, Flacco at least matches if not betters what Ben has done.

9. Matt Cassel - Here is a QB that threw 27 TD passes and only 7 interceptions while playing for the Chiefs who have a good team, but not the talent the Steelers do. Put him in a Steelers uniform and he could do far better than Ben could have ever done.

10. Matt Ryan - Thew 28 TD passes to only 9 interceptions. Another QB who if in a Steeler uniform given the Steelers talent, would have done far better than Ben could have ever done.

11. Mark Sanchez - he is for real. He is really gonna be a good one. He is already better than Ben as far a talent and brains. He is already really good and not even at his peak yet. Ben is what he is, a dumb QB who will never carry the team to a win and need the team to carry him to a win.

12. Same Bradfor - another young QB with loads of talent. Off to a good start. Put him in a Steeler uniform and his number improve by a big margin.

I believe the Steelers will get to the Super Bowl again, but it will not be because of Ben, it will be in spite of him. He has disgraced the Steelers off the field, and he disgraced the Steelers on the field as well against Green Bay. He had his chances to pull of a win but he choked. He showed that when the team needed him most, he just does not have what it takes. One thing you will never see is this...Ben Roethlisberger...Super Bowl MVP. However, Ben does have a chance at having one Super Bowl record when we get back, that is the chance to pass up John Elway as the leader for most career Super Bowl interceptions.

.24lockdown
03-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Oh boy...here we go.
I'm not even going to...

He's joking...right guys??

BGSU A Dub
03-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Did Big Ben stiff you an autograph? Is it the whole "he's getting married and will no longer be single"? Do you get really sad and angry when Big Ben has 1 mediocre to bad game?

All your posts have been bashing Big Ben. You have the audacity to call him stupid (which the points you made in this thread are 100x worse) and an embarrassment to the franchise (but you'd rather take Vick who was CONVICTED and SPENT TIME IN JAIL for killing dogs).

Get real, dude.

MattsMe
03-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Did I miss the punchline?

You can't be older than 15.

Sixburgher
03-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Troll bait.

jjpro11
03-03-2011, 01:36 AM
you're a ****ing idiot.. you might as well change your user name and start over now, because you just lost all credibility on this site.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
03-03-2011, 01:54 AM
LOL gotta love it.

BGSU A Dub
03-03-2011, 02:09 AM
I am going to make my list of why I WOULDN'T want each of these QB's over Big Ben.
1. Tom Brady - His hair is too long. We are only allowed to have 1 player with long flowing locks. Eh, nevermind, lets get rid of Troy.
2. Peyton Manning - I want to watch a football game, not a air traffic controller/pantomime. Oh wait, with all that pre-snap movement, he surely has to be atheletic enough to shake off defenders or make a tackle.
3. Aaron Rodgers - His brain is going to be applesauce by 2012 from 5 total concussions. Well, at least it took 5 hits to the head and not one motorcycle accident.
4. Drew Brees - He sure isn't a threat to ever run the ball (479 rushing yards in his 10 year career vs. BR7's 874 in 6). But I guess we do need a quarterback that is 1 dimensional.
5. Michael Vick - Dogs. Enough said. Ah, but he has learned his lesson and we all know how surgical his passes are.
6. Tony Romo - He can't hold a kick, how can he play quarterback for my football team? I bet it's all T.O and Jessica's fault, so let's give him a chance.
7. Philip Rivers - He only has 15 game winning drives compared to Ben's 25. But I'm sure his were him throwing the ball to himself and winning the game all on his own without the help of his team. Let's take him.
8. Joe Flacco - I might actually take him, he does REALLY well for US when he plays against us. But the catch is we'd have to have Troy play WR but we are getting rid of him for Tom so maybe this won't work out.
9. Matt Cassel - In his 6 year career he has started 45 games, that's an average of 7.5 games a season. As long as 3 of those games are the playoffs, we'll be fine (that's assuming we save a game by getting a 1 or 2 seed).
10. Matt Ryan - #1 Seed in the playoffs and his team gets waxed by 27 in a game where he threw for 189 yards and 2 interceptions. I repeat, #1 seed getting MAULED by 27. Since we like to base a career on one game, this logic is solid like a rock.
11. Mark Sanchez - He dates 17 year olds, which is appearantly okay in New York, but if he moved to Pittsburgh- we may have a case on our hands. What's not to love about his greater interception to TD ratio (BR7 didn't do that in his first 2 years and currently has 58 more touchdowns than interceptions.
12. Same Bradfor - I know why you want this guy- the tackle on Roman Harper (WAY WAY better than Ben's tackle). But let's compare Rookie seasons: Bradford threw for 3512 yards on 590 attempts while completing 60% of his passes in 16 games, BR7 threw for 2621 yards on 295 attempts while completing 66.4% of his passes in 13 games.

I'll wait for a response, GBpack2010 Jr.

SoCalFan
03-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Crazy?You REALLY lost me at the Phony Homo thing,superior intelligence???Wheres Ashton?Are we being punked?

4xSBChamps
03-03-2011, 04:36 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/Iseestupidpeople.jpg

pete74
03-03-2011, 05:35 AM
and you'll be the 1st person calling Ben the best QB in the NFL if he wins the super bowl next season

Aussie Steeler
03-03-2011, 05:59 AM
trollololol

SouthTexasSteel
03-03-2011, 07:21 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, Ben Roethlisberger is probably one of the dumbest QBs in the NFL. Let's be real, as much as we all love the Steelers, we have to be real and admit that the Steelers carried Ben to 2 Super Bowl wins, and when the Steelers needed Ben to carry the team to a win, Ben choked. The Steelers won 2 Super Bowl titles in spite of Ben, not because of him. And I really don't care about the negative replies I will get for stating what is true about this. Now on to 12 other current NFL QBs I would rather have than Ben.

1. Tom Brady - Best QB in the game. I hate to say this but it is true. Ben is not even worthy of holding Brady's jock.

2. Peyton Manning - I don't care that he has 1 less ring, he is a superior QB to Ben in every possible way.

3. Aaron Rodgers - In spite of this being Rogers first Super Bowl, and Ben's 3rd, Rodgers did something in 1 Super Bowl that Ben has not done in 3.....carry his team to the win. Rodgers is a superior QB to Ben in every possible way. I would take a drunk Aaron Rodgers as Steelers QB over a sober Big Ben. Aaron Rodgers already has 1 more SBMVP than Ben will ever win.

4. Drew Brees - forget he only has average arm strength. His intelligence is far superior to that of Ben. If Brees was our QB, we have #7 easy.

5. Michael Vick - Vick is a total pile of ****, but when it comes to playing QB, I would take him any day over Ben. Put Vick in a Steeler uniform with this same team and that is an improvement at QB.

6. Tony Romo - He does not have Ben's size or strength, but like every other QB I list, he has a superior intelligence. During their NFL careers, put Romo in a Steeler uniform and Ben in a Cowboys uniform, Ben would be lucky to be a 2nd stringer today, and Romo would have 3 or more rings on his finger.

7. Philip Rivers - Rivers is not a mobile QB, but at the same time he is much faster in reading defenses and making quicker decisions and throws. He doesn't need to take forever to figure out who to throw to.

8. Joe Flacco - I hate the Ravens, but Flacco is a good QB. Give him the same Steeler teams Ben has had, Flacco at least matches if not betters what Ben has done.

9. Matt Cassel - Here is a QB that threw 27 TD passes and only 7 interceptions while playing for the Chiefs who have a good team, but not the talent the Steelers do. Put him in a Steelers uniform and he could do far better than Ben could have ever done.

10. Matt Ryan - Thew 28 TD passes to only 9 interceptions. Another QB who if in a Steeler uniform given the Steelers talent, would have done far better than Ben could have ever done.

11. Mark Sanchez - he is for real. He is really gonna be a good one. He is already better than Ben as far a talent and brains. He is already really good and not even at his peak yet. Ben is what he is, a dumb QB who will never carry the team to a win and need the team to carry him to a win.

12. Sam Bradford - another young QB with loads of talent. Off to a good start. Put him in a Steeler uniform and his number improve by a big margin.

I believe the Steelers will get to the Super Bowl again, but it will not be because of Ben, it will be in spite of him. He has disgraced the Steelers off the field, and he disgraced the Steelers on the field as well against Green Bay. He had his chances to pull of a win but he choked. He showed that when the team needed him most, he just does not have what it takes. One thing you will never see is this...Ben Roethlisberger...Super Bowl MVP. However, Ben does have a chance at having one Super Bowl record when we get back, that is the chance to pass up John Elway as the leader for most career Super Bowl interceptions.

Every single one of those QB's would have been a dead man walking behind our offensive line and wouldn't have half the wins as Ben. Do you actually WATCH Steelers football?? All of those QB's would have been retired by now playing behind our patchwork OL... :banging:

st33l3rsdudefla
03-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Clearly this guy has no idea what the hell he is tlking about i mean ben isnt the best quaterback in the nfl but he is the BEST fit for the Steelers with our crappy offensive line i couldnt see any other quaterback be willing to take a beating every game like ben does i mean seriously the huy has play with a broken foot and a broken nose and thats just last season

Curtain_of_Steel
03-03-2011, 07:42 AM
This warrants wasting 30 minutes of my time today, lol

1. Tom Brady - No, if your saying TODAY if we had the chance to get him? No, I dont think behind our line he could tolerate the beating. He gets pissy now when he gets hit.. 5 years ago, I'll give it to you on Brady, but he wouldn't still be standing here today.

2. Peyton Manning - 1 less ring, less appearences, less wins, not a team player. If I recall after his 4 int loss to who? Oh The Steelers in the playoffs, he blamed his OLINE for the loss. How would that fly here in Pittsburgh?

3. Aaron Rodgers - Depsite 3 turnovers, Steelers had a chance to win. What does that tell you?

4. Drew Brees - Easy, no.

5. Michael Vick - Where was he at when the Steelers were playing in the SuperBowls? Afc champion game this year? Superbowl this year? Enough said..

6. Tony Romo - Gonna type quick. As its a waste of time with Romo... (coughing, more coughing, even more coughiing)

7. Philip Rivers -Has some great WR's, had the best RB in the league, the greatest TE. What did that get him? Next Romo he is a huge choke artist and not so much a team guy.

8. Joe Flacco - Seriously? LOL

9. Matt Cassel - Why am I even responding anymore, lol

10. Matt Ryan - Yea he didnt chioke at all, did he?

11. Mark Sanchez -To top all his talents he is great with 16 year olds. He can handle the pressure of being on a losing football team. What will happen to him when he is on a team that EXPECTS to win every year. See #10, 8, 7 and 6 for more info.

12. Sam Bradford - Bradford whining his OC coach left and now his QB coach. Played one of the easiest schedules I have seen next to pop warner leagues. Way over hyped.

I'm surprised that idiot from Panthers isn't listed. The over hyped rookie from ND that Weiss cost 70mill dollars in enticing him to come out early, lol What the hell is his name, lol He wouldve been right up there with Russel and Leaf

Ok took 9 minutes, excuse any typos, lol

steelax04
03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Douchey Troll is douchey.

Steelerindc
03-03-2011, 08:29 AM

12. Same Bradfor - another young QB with loads of talent. Off to a good start. Put him in a Steeler uniform and his number improve by a big margin.

Ok, so I'm not going to call you stupid or dumb b/c to be honest it would be to easy, but I have to say that you're not looking at all the intangibles.

Although I would admit that 1-4 are better prototypical QB's, I wouldn't want any of them over Big Ben. 1-4 operate behind good to great o-lines, none of them would survive behind what the Steelers has as an o-line.

You can also argue that even though Ben didn't have a great Super Bowl in '05, the Steelers might not have gotten there without him (remember the tackle in the Colts game), I doubt Brady, Brees or Manning makes that play....maybe Rogers.

In '08 I should have been the MVP, after a holding penalty that spotted the ball at the 10ydline and making it 1&20 he drove his team down the field and threw the winning TD. Arron didn't do that.

After #5 I think you're just out to lunch. I would never want Romo on my team he's a scared football player, he never stands in the pocket and deliver he's always throwing the ball off his back foot to avoid a hit. He will never be a SB QB.

Phillip Rivers is good, but I'm happy with Ben. That's like seeing a beautiful woman and saying "damn she's fine." and then you look on your arm and your woman looks just as good. Why bother dreaming?

I like Matty Ice, but I like Ben better.

Joe Flacco......you fvcking crazy.

Mark Sanchez, can only throw slants and digs no thank you.

Matt Casel....once again you're fvcking crazy.

Sam Bradford....are you out of your mind?

I think the only thing you succeeded on doing is making yourself seem uninformed and not a true football fan.

steelerzfannforever
03-03-2011, 08:46 AM
You are an idiot!!

pete74
03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
i would trade ben for Rodgers in a second but other then that i wouldnt trade Ben for anyone.

siss
03-03-2011, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't trade Ben for any of those guys. I pick Ben and his two Super Bowl rings any day of the week and twice on sundays.

BritishSteel
03-03-2011, 09:40 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, Ben Roethlisberger is probably one of the dumbest QBs in the NFL. Let's be real, as much as we all love the Steelers, we have to be real and admit that the Steelers carried Ben to 2 Super Bowl wins, and when the Steelers needed Ben to carry the team to a win, Ben choked. The Steelers won 2 Super Bowl titles in spite of Ben, not because of him.

I take it you were following the Titans, or Panthers or someone and don't remember the 2005 AFC divisional at Indianapolis - won by Ben twice. Or the AFC Championship game in Denver the same year when Ben went 21 of 29 for 275 yards and a QB rating of 124.9, at there place, as a 3 point underdog. Oh and in that last minute drive against the Cardinals, Santonio Holmes must have been passing to himself.

Yadda-yadda-yadda.

stb_steeler
03-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Another Ben bashing post.......Oh the humanity!!! When will it ever end.
DOWNBYLAWIS that U?:doh:

Atlanta Dan
03-03-2011, 10:56 AM
I thought this might be bobby jr. posting under another name but since Flacco is only ranked #8 among QBs superior to Roethlisberger that obviously is not the case - bobby jr. would have Flacco no lower than #5

Vick? Romo? - hard to respond rationally to anyone engaging in that sort of analysis

austinfrench76
03-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Guy has no basis. This guys not a Steeler fan. Get OFF OUR FORUM A-Hole loser.

Dino 6 Rings
03-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I actually considered doing an entire playoff game by game breakdown of everyone of the 12 QBs that this guy says are better than Ben at this point in their Carreer, stared to type it all up, With Brady being 0-3 in his last 3 showings and Manning being one of the biggest post game chokers since Kelly, and Rivers just being a great regular season QB that never wins big games, or Romo having 1 playoff win in his history, and actually getting ran out of Dallas soon, or Breese and his one magic season that will never be repeated, where his defense and trick plays won him a super bowl, much like Ben's first, or Rodgers and his one ring where he got his team 24 points and if not for 3 turnovers the Packers aren't even in that fcking game and everyone fcking knows it.

but then...I saw Flacco, Sanchez, Vick, Bradford, Ryan and Cassel on the list. And I realized...

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR FCKING MIND!

but everyone has the right to be a little crazy, I just refuse to recognize your belief in Unicorns and Griffons. Enjoy you're medicine and if things don't work out on that, have fun in the Rubber Room you Lunatic.

steelerchad
03-03-2011, 11:17 AM
You lost all credibility after #4. Once you got to Vick, Romo, and Flacco it was over.
I then checked your post history and you signed up 2 days after the Super Bowl and have bashed Ben in just about every post. Did he deserve to be bashed some? Sure. Did he have a lousy SB XL? Yep, but don't forget the run in the playoffs until then. He had great throwing games against the #1,2, and 3 seeds in those playoffs.

MACH1
03-03-2011, 11:21 AM
http://ballsiest.com/sportsblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/brett-favre-superman.gif

Brett Favre

MasterOfPuppets
03-03-2011, 11:24 AM
i got a pizza for lunch ....:thmbup: me so hungry

zulater
03-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Another Ben bashing post.......Oh the humanity!!! When will it ever end.
DOWNBYLAWIS that U?:doh:

Or USWSteel.

Whoever it is, they're either very unknowledgable or just a troll.

By the way, qb play in this league is very high right now, perhaps at an all time high. To suggest that there's 4 or 5 qb's currently better than Ben, while debatable isn't ridiculous either. And if you're a glass half empty guy on Ben I suppose you might even be able to make a respectable argument for 4 or 5 other current qb's being on the same plane (as in level) as Ben.

But Matt"freaking" Cassell?!!? :doh::toofunny: Did this guy happen to see the AFC wildcard game this year? To say the Chiefs schedule was soft this last season would be a serious insult to the word soft. The dude can't beat a legitimate team to save his ass.

Joe Flacco?! :doh::sofunny:

Again, does he watch these games? Didn't he notice that open guy in the flat Flacco bounced a pass in front of at the end of the divisional playoff game this year? Or what about the fumble that was responsible for that game being in Pittsburgh to begin with? Think our friend here would be so forgiving if that was Ben making those plays?

Drew Brees? 23 interceptions anyone? Can't beat a 7-9 team in the playoffs?!

Phil Rivers. Strong o-line, league's number 1 defense ( statistically) weakenst divsion in the AFC year after year, and he can't get his team into the playoffs this year? OK, teams have bad years, it's not just about the qb, but in that division he can't get his team a first round bye? Ever!

Tom Brady, hate him, but no doubt a great player. But at the same token, he's lost home playoff games the last two seasons. One and done despite home field advantage twice in a row, and hasn't played particuarly strong in either game. wonder if numb nuts here would be so forgiving if Ben had lost consecutive playoff games.

Peyton Manning, I love Peyton, outside of Dan Marino I don't know that there's ever been a qb I've more enjoyed watching ( non Steeler) But let's face it, he doesn't get it done in the postseason. Obviously it's not all his fault, but at the same token his level of play tends to dip in the post season.

Mike Vick, great season, but it looked as if the league was catching on to him later in the season. And he didn't play any better than Ben did against the Packers in the playoffs, and he was in his home field.

That's all the time I have for now, but honestly if you put the microscope on anyone you can find a wart or two. No one completes all their passes, sees every checkdown, reads every blitz, perfectly. There's two teams out there, defenses have great athletes who are trying just as hard as these qb's to see to it that plays fail.

Bottom line is Ben's game will never be the prettiest in the show, but he's effective, he's a big time winner. And anyone who can't see that Ben is a huge part of this teams success just isn't paying close enough attention, or doesn't understand what they're seeing.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Steeler chad: He lost credibility at number 4? Think he lost it when he typed the headline.

From another poster who likes matty ice. Where exactly does old matty ice get the name matty ice from? From that nitwit gruden who thinks every qb is great? Cause matty ice had a nuclear meltdown when the pressure was applied.
I dont think any of those QBs listed can manage to stay healthy in our offense. Vick, maybe, only because he can run like guy being chased by the cops.

I'll take Ben any day of the week.

MasterOfPuppets
03-03-2011, 11:45 AM
http://www.forumspile.com/Attention-Bell.jpg

Fire Arians
03-03-2011, 11:54 AM
i didn't even go through half of your list, but all I have to say is I'm glad you're not the GM

Fire Arians
03-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I am going to make my list of why I WOULDN'T want each of these QB's over Big Ben.
1. Tom Brady - His hair is too long. We are only allowed to have 1 player with long flowing locks. Eh, nevermind, lets get rid of Troy.
2. Peyton Manning - I want to watch a football game, not a air traffic controller/pantomime. Oh wait, with all that pre-snap movement, he surely has to be atheletic enough to shake off defenders or make a tackle.
3. Aaron Rodgers - His brain is going to be applesauce by 2012 from 5 total concussions. Well, at least it took 5 hits to the head and not one motorcycle accident.
4. Drew Brees - He sure isn't a threat to ever run the ball (479 rushing yards in his 10 year career vs. BR7's 874 in 6). But I guess we do need a quarterback that is 1 dimensional.
5. Michael Vick - Dogs. Enough said. Ah, but he has learned his lesson and we all know how surgical his passes are.
6. Tony Romo - He can't hold a kick, how can he play quarterback for my football team? I bet it's all T.O and Jessica's fault, so let's give him a chance.
7. Philip Rivers - He only has 15 game winning drives compared to Ben's 25. But I'm sure his were him throwing the ball to himself and winning the game all on his own without the help of his team. Let's take him.
8. Joe Flacco - I might actually take him, he does REALLY well for US when he plays against us. But the catch is we'd have to have Troy play WR but we are getting rid of him for Tom so maybe this won't work out.
9. Matt Cassel - In his 6 year career he has started 45 games, that's an average of 7.5 games a season. As long as 3 of those games are the playoffs, we'll be fine (that's assuming we save a game by getting a 1 or 2 seed).
10. Matt Ryan - #1 Seed in the playoffs and his team gets waxed by 27 in a game where he threw for 189 yards and 2 interceptions. I repeat, #1 seed getting MAULED by 27. Since we like to base a career on one game, this logic is solid like a rock.
11. Mark Sanchez - He dates 17 year olds, which is appearantly okay in New York, but if he moved to Pittsburgh- we may have a case on our hands. What's not to love about his greater interception to TD ratio (BR7 didn't do that in his first 2 years and currently has 58 more touchdowns than interceptions.
12. Same Bradfor - I know why you want this guy- the tackle on Roman Harper (WAY WAY better than Ben's tackle). But let's compare Rookie seasons: Bradford threw for 3512 yards on 590 attempts while completing 60% of his passes in 16 games, BR7 threw for 2621 yards on 295 attempts while completing 66.4% of his passes in 13 games.

lol that's freakin hillarious dude :thumbsup:

sign flacco and put troy in at WR or TE ;)

Fire Arians
03-03-2011, 12:03 PM
hey why don't we sign jay cutler and spike his gatorade bottle with cherry coke

StainlessStill
03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Did the OP actually think this thread would end well? Hell, even start well? This whole thread is a disgrace & the intention is to be nothing but trouble. CLEARLY the OP couldn't of thought this would go well.

I'll live by Ben and die by Ben. I said it once as well as saying it a trillion other times: You give me NO ONE else to lead our team than Roethlisberger.

Dino 6 Rings
03-03-2011, 02:30 PM

Great stuff.

MDSteel15
03-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Why are morons like this let in the forum??? :banging: :banging:

steelerchad
03-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Steeler chad: He lost credibility at number 4? Think he lost it when he typed the headline.

From another poster who likes matty ice. Where exactly does old matty ice get the name matty ice from? From that nitwit gruden who thinks every qb is great? Cause matty ice had a nuclear meltdown when the pressure was applied.
I dont think any of those QBs listed can manage to stay healthy in our offense. Vick, maybe, only because he can run like guy being chased by the cops.

I'll take Ben any day of the week.

Agreed. But for anyone to have more than 5 QB's ahead of Ben is absurd. You could make a serious case that Ben is one of the best 2 QB's still in their prime. Peyton and Brady are on the down side at this point. Both HOF'ers but short time left.

pete74
03-03-2011, 03:49 PM
the truth is i would like to have Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson and Bowe as our WR'S. I would like Chris Johnson, Adrien Peterson and Jamaal Charles as my RB. I would like Antonio Gates, Jason Witten and Vernon Davis as my TE's. I would love Aaron Rodgers as my QB and i would really love to have Darell Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha and Devin Mcourtny as my CB's.

the fact is that whoever plays for the Steelers is our team and we should stand behind them. we definatly dont have the best players at every position nor is that possible with a salery cap but we work better as a team then anyone else in the NFL

bubbletownwr88
03-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh my god he's gotta be kidding tony romo? I'd rather a have High school qb then him. THis guy doesn't realize how much Ben has done.

Riddle_Of_Steel
03-03-2011, 04:51 PM

With the above list of losers, your credibility is already shot to shit......and then......

...you dropped this one, erasing any doubts about whether you are completely clueless or not (YOU ARE).

* Mark Sanchez is quite possibly one of the worst QBs in the NFL right now. His passes are all off-target and either a foot and a half over the receiver's heads, or on the ground-- I have RARELY seen him actually hit one of his pass-catchers on the number or hands. He only succeeds (by succeeding, I am meaning throwing less interceptions than TDs) when he is supported by a running game that is given 25 - 40 carries a game. Otherwise, he throws 12 TDs to 20 INTs..... He is TERRIBLE and it is debateable if he is even an NFL caliber QB at all.

* Vick? You are crazy-- I barely need to even qualify this with any kind of response, but.....behind a much better offensive line than Ben has, Vick showed that he is very mobile like a running back, but he does not have the ESCAPABILITY that Ben has. "Mobility in the pocket" and "escapability" are NOT the same thing. We already tried the "running back at QB" experiement, Slash Stewart FAILED MISERABLY, but I understand, that was probably long before you became a "Steelers fan 4 Life"....

* Tony Romo? You have got to be kidding-- the guy has been surrounded by talent his whole career, and yet not only does his team tend to flounder in the postseason, but he has also been the sole reason why they have failed to even MAKE THE POSTSEASON!!!!! Not to mention, he does not show much dedication, taking vacations to Mexico City instead of getting ready for the postseason-- might be why he literally "dropped the ball" on that field goal and took his team to the couch in January a few years back. SInce then. he has DONE NOTHING in the NFL.

* Phillip Rivers? Same as Tony Romo-- biggest choke artists in the league. Rivers has had the benefit of one of the league's stoutest defenses, best tight end, best running attack, great Oline, and could not even take his team to the playoffs this year. Sad and pathetic. But hey, at least he made Fantasy Football fans happy, huh?

* Joe Sacko? Do we even need to dignify this with any kind of response? Has Flacco performed as well as Ben IN ANY ASPECT OF THE GAME YET?

None of the guys you mentioned would even survive a full season behind our Oline. Brady and Forehead Manning would throw a tantrum by week 2 and blame their broken knees and concussed noggins on their Oline in front of all the media (like Forehead did in 2005). You think all the sacks are Ben's fault, right? How did Leftwich (a 1st round pick) and Dixon (a Michael Vick clone/knock-off) do behind our Oline this season? They both got themselves knocked out for the season pretty much, and Batch broke his wrist on his first play behind our Oline in 2009.

Here's some advice, STEELERS4LIFE-- stick to fantasy football. Most wives and girlfriends know more about REAL football than you do.....my wife just went ballistic reading your garbage and pretty much was able to debunk each and every one of your choices with pretty sound football knowlege. I recommend actually watching some Steelers games before commenting next time.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: :doh::doh::doh::doh:

MaineSteelerFan
03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Your an idiot to put is simple, because you must be simple to post this :rofl:

BigRick
03-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Don't know what he's on, but he's obviously on a bad trip. He need's some lessons in football. :rofl:

Football Freek
03-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Definitely Tom, Peyton, Aaron and Drew are better and maybe even Matt Ryan but way off base with the rest.

Bubbabanjo
03-03-2011, 11:09 PM
The boy seems to be doin just fine............Ben stays. We have too many other areas to fix instead of one that aint broken.

Other than the last game the guys did just fine last year. It was a rough haul. They just were too banged up at the end.

Wallace108
03-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Definitely Tom, Peyton, Aaron and Drew are better and maybe even Matt Ryan but way off base with the rest.

I'd love to see how well Manning, Brady, or Brees would do playing with the O-line the Steelers have had the past few seasons.

BGSU A Dub
03-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I'd love to see how well Manning, Brady, or Brees would do playing with the O-line the Steelers have had the past few seasons.

Easy answer:
http://image62.webshots.com/62/3/65/10/404836510Ovkiqo_ph.jpg

mcg24
03-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Let's be real, as much as we all love the Steelers,

AWWWWW, buddy you gave yourself away in the first few sentences! Nobody ever says anything like that here, you're a troll and you told us in the very first paragraph! And to think how much time you probably spent typing up the rest of that QB BS trying to convince us otherwise! HA!

http://img.hsmagazine.net/ObviousTroll.jpg

The Curtain's Crusader
03-04-2011, 03:19 AM
I only had time to read the first page but I wanted to be sure to get this in before I forgot...

YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!

I'm sure every point I want to make has been made numerous times so I'll wait until I read the whole thing.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Steeler Chad, agree with your last post on page 4. Kind of was my point as well.

Oh btw, he didnt list Cutler because his knee is a a quesiotn mark right now, LOL Now that is a guy with heart we need behind center, lol

thumper
03-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I could "buy" - partially - the top 5 (Don't necessarily agree with but
can at least see an argument for them over Ben.) But after that, the
poster is just trying to troll. Flacco over Ben? Moronic.

shovelnose
03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Time for an IQ test on the sign up page. For that matter Why don't you put me at quarterback. Obviously I would play better then Ben to! Send me in coach! :rofl:

Riddle_Of_Steel
03-04-2011, 07:40 PM

Not even Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan.....seriously, why do all the experts think he is "the next Tom Brady" every offseason? He has yet to do ANYTHING at all. He is a descent enough QB as long as he is supported by a good running game, but not elite in any way, shape, or form, and surely not able to carry a team anywhere.

On that whole list, about the only ones you can POSSIBLY make a case for would be Brady, Forehead, Aaron Rodgers, and MAYBE Drew Brees.

But out of those four, the only one who might be able to survive a half season behind our pass protection, would be Aaron Rodgers. And even as elusive as he is in the pocket, he doesn't have the raw brawn that Ben has and the resulting concussions and injuries he has sustained are piling up. He is one of those players that is already a prime candidate to die of a brain anneurism at 54 from all the concussions he has taken already (unfortunately, so is our favorite Polamalu), and his career is just starting to take off.

Peyton Manning is awesome and respectable because he is a very cerebral, student of the game, but as far as athletics, the limit of his is as a pure pocket passer. Forehead CANNOT run the ball or scramble, and he is like a statue in the backfield. Behind our Oline, he would get rolled every play like a blue and white bowling pin. There would be bits and pieces of him all over the field if he had Jonathan Scott protecting his blindside all season.

Same with Tom Brady. Hugest princess in the NFL. He gets all buck-wild and throws tantrums on the sidelines (which is funny to watch when his Justin Bieber locks start flinging around) when he even gets touched by a defender. I have rarely seen any QB have as much time in the pocket as Tom Brady does, yet he freaks out when someone lays a finger on him (must cause him flashbacks of his 2008 experience at the hands of Pollard). Great pocket passser, clutch as hell, but like Forehead, would get rag-dolled behind our patchwork Oline.

Drew Brees is very similar as well to Brady and Peyton. Same problem-- great pocket passer, better than Ben MAYBE (he did nothing when he was on the Chargers-- he has been surrounded by offensive talent since he went to NO and has a very good Oline there), but defenses would knock that birthmark right off his face behind our Oline.

Joe Sacko better than Ben?......good grief. Get a clue.

Mark Sanchez.?.....:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Maybe I am a Big Ben/Steelers homer, but I think there are very real reasons why Ben is a perfect fit for our team.

Ask yourself this:

Do you honestly think that either Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or ANY of the other jokers on that list would not only continue to play, BUT WIN GAMES FOR US AND TAKE OUR TEAM TO THE SB with a broken foot and a nose that meandered down his face like the Grand Canyon?!?!?!?!?

GET A FXXKING CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:banging::doh::banging::doh::banging::doh:

And if you want to know how many of the sacks/beatings Ben takes are his fault-- look no further than how well the other QBs have done behind our Oline:

* Leftwich did not even make it out of game 2 of the preseason this year behind our Oline before he got mauled. That was BEFORE we ended up with a no-name at LT protecting his blindside.

* Dixon played two games behind our Oline to start the season when we had a healthy Oline and were still very REALLY RUN-HEAVY at the start of the season, and he ended up on IR by week 2 after about 17 dropbacks per game.

* Batch managed to survive for two weeks behind our Oline, but posted a 11 of 25 for 25 yard performance behind there, and we were running the ball something like 60% of our offensive snaps. But last year, Batch lasted for ONE PLAY in overtime against KC before he broke his wrist on a defender's helmet that was in the way when he was throwing. Repeat that to yourself--- ONE PLAY!!!!!

Sorry to pile on, STEELERZ4LIFE, but this thread was a very boneheaded one that could have been avoided if you had just thought about it for a few seconds before posting. I am hoping for your sake, that you are only 12 years old or something and have not been watching the Steelers for long.

FredScott
03-05-2011, 05:46 PM
April fools joke a bit early huh?

fer522
03-05-2011, 08:08 PM
what!! no Ryan Leaf :doh:

silver & black
03-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Hmmm... I will take Brady, Manning (Peyton) and Brees over Ben... maybe Rodgers... that's it. The rest of your list is BS. Ben is a top 5 QB in this league. I'll trade you even up for Campbell?............... Didn't think so. :wink02:

JEFF4i
03-06-2011, 12:57 AM
My Twelve:

Jamarcus Russell
Ryan Leaf
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jay Cutler (as long as he doesn't get hit)
Trent Dilfer coming back out of retirement
Wyatt Earp (dude I made in Madden, oh yeah, 435 pounds baby)
Cam Newton
Seneca Wallace
Jamarcus Russel Again
Seth Green
Ndomakhung Suh
That dude from Police Academy who does those cool noises

Fire Arians
03-06-2011, 03:09 AM
My Twelve:

Jamarcus Russell
Ryan Leaf
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jay Cutler (as long as he doesn't get hit)
Trent Dilfer coming back out of retirement
Wyatt Earp (dude I made in Madden, oh yeah, 435 pounds baby)
Cam Newton
Seneca Wallace
Jamarcus Russel Again
Seth Green
Ndomakhung Suh
That dude from Police Academy who does those cool noises

LsBugR9dpdU

bob goldthwait is the man :chuckle:

finesward
03-06-2011, 09:17 AM
LsBugR9dpdU

bob goldthwait is the man :chuckle:

or did he mean this guy?

_Lnozhr1bRU

MichelleG
03-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Wait - BRADY ?? Hahaha - Didnt he choose to go to the symphony rather then watch team tapes ?? Didnt he lose to the JETS ??? FLACCO ?? Wait - Are you stoned ?? RODGERS ???- NOT COOL DUDE !!!!!!!! AND BTW - Had we won the damn superbowl - Would you still have thought we needed a new QB ???? GET THE HELL OUT OF PITTSBURGH - YOU CANT BE A STEELER - CMON PEOPLE !!!!!! OH AND PEYTON - LMAO - OK THEN - I DONT WANT TO BE UGLY BUT HE DIDNT GET TO THE SUPERBOWL NOW DID HE ??? BEN DID !!!!!!!!

Fire Arians
03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
or did he mean this guy?

_Lnozhr1bRU

well they both make cool noises lol

JEFF4i
03-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Meant Michael Winslow, lol.

BengalDestroyer
03-07-2011, 05:25 PM
steelerz4life, I have no respect for anything you say after posting that horse shit...

Fire Arians
03-07-2011, 06:14 PM
MATT LEINART!

PhantomJB93
03-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Eh that Jawalrus Pussel guy could throw deeper than Ben, I think he could do better.

cloppbeast
03-11-2011, 07:19 PM

I agree with your overall point, but I believe you take it a little too far. I'd probably take 6 or 7 QBs over Ben. You're getting crazy when you put Joe Flacco, Matt Cassel,or Michael Vick on the list - just as crazy as the people who say Ben is better than Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.

Riddle_Of_Steel
03-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I agree with your overall point, but I believe you take it a little too far. I'd probably take 6 or 7 QBs over Ben. You're getting crazy when you put Joe Flacco, Matt Cassel,or Michael Vick on the list - just as crazy as the people who say Ben is better than Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.

Rodgers MIGHT survive behind our Oline for a while-- but I doubt he could take the year-after-year beating Ben has taken.

Had Rodgers been playing behind our Oline taking 46 sacks per season since 2006, broken nose, broken foot, I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE YOU-- he would not still be playing because his brains would be red paste.

How long do you think Tom Brady would survive behind the Steeler's Oline? I mean cripes-- he has one of, if not THE BEST Olines in the NFL, and he got taken out in like the first play from scrimmage in 2008. All it takes is for a defense to get to Brady once or twice and his whole game goes swirling down the toilet....(see SB XLII).

I would take Brady or Manning over Ben IF, and ONLY IF, we had the same Oline that Brady has in NE......otherwise, you better have a descent 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string QB on your roster.

steelcityboyz
03-12-2011, 04:42 PM

I believe the Steelers will get to the Super Bowl again, but it will not be because of Ben, it will be in spite of him. He has disgraced the Steelers off the field, and he disgraced the Steelers on the field as well against Green Bay. He had his chances to pull of a win but he choked. He showed that when the team needed him most, he just does not have what it takes. One thing you will never see is this...Ben Roethlisberger...Super Bowl MVP. However, Ben does have a chance at having one Super Bowl record when we get back, that is the chance to pass up John Elway as the leader for most career Super Bowl interceptions.I'll probably get flamed but i really don't care. I have to agree with alot of what Steelerz4 has posted. As for the Qb list, well that I don't agree on. Ben did choke in the superbowl as far as i'm concerned, you can't play mediocre in the biggest game of the season.

Ben needs to come into camp in shape get rid of the beer gut and drop 25 pds. The Steelers made him a 100 million dollar Qb he needs to start playing in the big games like one.

PhantomJB93
03-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Brady, Rodgers, Manning, and Brees? Yes. Rivers? Maybe, there's a case to be made there. Anyone else? No.

A lot of Ben's fans overrate him, but nearly all of his critics severely underrate him as well. He may not have the consistency to be in that "elite" tier with Brady and them, but he has all the tools and accolades to be and if anything is the best "not elite" QB there is, and is no worse than top 7 in the league (if not top 5)

DanRooney
03-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Quite feeding the troll assclowns :thumbsup:

BigRick
03-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Brady, Rodgers, Manning, and Brees? Yes. Rivers? Maybe, there's a case to be made there. Anyone else? No.

A lot of Ben's fans overrate him, but nearly all of his critics severely underrate him as well. He may not have the consistency to be in that "elite" tier with Brady and them, but he has all the tools and accolades to be and if anything is the best "not elite" QB there is, and is no worse than top 7 in the league (if not top 5)

Get real will you. The only one of these QB's that has much of a career left is Rodgers. Two of them are in their middle 30's and one was let go because of arm surgery, yes he did win a super bowl but it won't happen again, and the other one hasn't done jack sh=t ! And as was pointed out in other posts they wouldn't last behind our OL! :banging:

PhantomJB93
03-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Get real will you. The only one of these QB's that has much of a career left is Rodgers. Two of them are in their middle 30's and one was let go because of arm surgery, yes he did win a super bowl but it won't happen again, and the other one hasn't done jack sh=t ! And as was pointed out in other posts they wouldn't last behind our OL! :banging:

I'm not talking down on him, I'm just telling it as it is. Right now Ben is not as good as Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees, and anyone that can't see that is clouded by bias. If we're talking about "starting a franchise" then of course I'm not gonna choose the guys who are near the ends of their careers over Rodgers or Ben, but that's not what I was saying. In the present, right now, without any concerns of later on down the road or in the past, those 4 guys are better than Ben.

The Oline argument is dumb, of course putting a QB in a different system will change things. Not only the Oline but they'd have to adjust to different offenses and different receivers as well. I find that argument silly, I don't think Ben would look anywhere near as good on several other teams myself. The only one of those QB's I think would have as much success here is Rodgers. That's not the point. On their respective teams, the other 4 guys are better passers than Ben. They are more accurate, make better decisions, come through in the clutch, and can signlehandedly take over a game (something Ben can't usually seem to do until the final quarter).

I don't personally think Rivers is better but I only mentioned him because he definitely has a case to be top 5. Listing him above Ben wouldn't be "outrageous" and I can acknowledge that. However, I agree he needs to prove more before he deserves to be placed above Ben.

I love Ben. I think he is great for this team, he is a great passer, and I think he has what it takes to win multiple (more) Super Bowls and make that jump up to the status guys like Brady and Manning have today. But I'm also a realist, and right now it doesn't take much to see that he's simply not on their level yet. Being top 5 isn't a bad thing at all, I don't get why some Steeler fans need to freak out and act like saying he's not the best QB in the league automatically means he's a scrub. Guys like Flacco and Romo can't hold crap to him.