PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Official Website?

Hypnotic
05-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Does anyone else feel like the Steelers site could use a major overhaul/upgrade. It just doesn't seem like it offers that much aside from schedule, rosters reports. The message board is something to. Alot of other teams put alot of work into their team websites and the Steelers look outdated. Just my thoughts.

Stlrs4Life
05-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I agree, I hate to say it, but think it is 1 of the worst in the NFL.

Hypnotic
05-11-2006, 09:34 PM
I use to say the Jets were worst than ours but they just had their site redone and it looks nice now. Look at the Rams site, it looks nice and is done by the same company that does the Steelers. I was gonna try and start a petition again to bring it to their attention.

Rams Offical Site (http://www.stlouisrams.com)

Midnightwriter07
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I totally agree.. is not like a webiste is that expensive to have someone keep it up and make it interesting.. you would think that with as much as they sell in merchndise and since the Steelers are considered oneo f the smaller markets... they would make it a point to have a great website.. A few years ago i was datn someone who was a cough cough .. Tampa Bay Bucs fan and she even commented on our sad website and why it was so bland with nothing hardly there. This should be something the Steelers did a better job on. I hardly visit it but once in awhile anymore.

Ward86MVP
05-11-2006, 11:19 PM
I totally agree.. is not like a webiste is that expensive to have someone keep it up and make it interesting.. you would think that with as much as they sell in merchndise and since the Steelers are considered oneo f the smaller markets... they would make it a point to have a great website.. A few years ago i was datn someone who was a cough cough .. Tampa Bay Bucs fan and she even commented on our sad website and why it was so bland with nothing hardly there. This should be something the Steelers did a better job on. I hardly visit it but once in awhile anymore.

The Bucs have a great website, by the way, with lots of animation, links, etc.. The Steelers website is very boring, with little access to video clips unless you pay. They could use a better photo section, as well.

Prosdo
05-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Yep the Steelers site needs redone badly. The Super Bowl Champs need a better site!

clevestinks
05-12-2006, 03:52 AM
Damn I hate to rip on my own Steelers, but I also agee, it looks good, but does not give enough, in comparison the bengals board gives more but it is to cluttered, and harder to navigate. I`m sure the Steelers can do alot better.

Ohio Steeler
05-12-2006, 03:54 AM
ok that does it I am emailing them right now they need to update the site bad after all we are the champions of the world

Stillers43
05-12-2006, 06:48 AM
The Steelers website does really need an upgrade! I know it is a tradition in PITT, but I do like to look at the cheerleader pages on other teams websites. Maybe we could have a page of hot Steelers chicks. Just a thought!

NJarhead
05-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Agreed. There are at least five other sites (including here) that I'll go for Steelers news. I'll go there for the seating chart (sometimes) and the store. That's it.

oh yeah, and I heard that Chad and TJ are lovers. Any truth to that Cincy fans? j/k.

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2006, 07:25 AM
For Steeler news, it's horrible. The last five articles on that site pertain to Ben in Switzerland. *Yawns*

As for the MB, I don't even bother.

clevestinks
05-12-2006, 07:56 AM
I would love to see more fan pictures also. The true spirit of the Steelers! This always gets me going. Give us a slide show of gameday fan pictures, with the Here We Go Steelers Chant in the background. That would be a pregame favorite!

steelerdude
05-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I can't stand it anymore.

Hypnotic
05-12-2006, 08:09 AM
The Steelers website does really need an upgrade! I know it is a tradition in PITT, but I do like to look at the cheerleader pages on other teams websites. Maybe we could have a page of hot Steelers chicks. Just a thought!

Agreed, I to wish the Steelers had cheerleaders to. Well it seems this thread is generating alot of discussion. Maybe Prosdo or another moderator can make a thread and sticky it. It can be like a petition as I have stated already. Everyone repsond to it and we can keep track of it and e-mail it to the Steelers official website to show that there is a need for it.

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2006, 08:16 AM
As for cheerleaders, I don't think it really matters. From my personal experience of not missing a Steeler home game in person since a very young age, I would not even pay attention to the cheerleaders. During play, I'm obviously watching the game. During a break I'm watching the jumbotron for other others scores or what have you. At halftime I'm normally either A) Getting food B) Going to the bathroom or C) Getting beer. By the time I do all of those three, the third quarter is starting up. Just my two cents on the cheerleader issue.

BB2W
05-12-2006, 11:02 AM
This has been discussed here multiple times, and yes... the official site officially sucks.

pitt
05-12-2006, 11:06 AM
The official site is very boring. I rarely bother with it anymore. Everything I need to know I can find out right here.

Suitanim
05-12-2006, 11:16 AM
The official board is good for exactly two things:

1) They usually post Cowher's Tuesday press conferences in a timely manner
2) They post up a free screensaver once a year

Stillers43
05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't think the Steelers need cheerleaders for the game, but it would spice up the website. You are right! Steelers fans only care about good food, beer and the Steelers! (not in that order of course!)