PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ex-QB Russell facing foreclosure

pete74
03-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Things keep getting worse for former NFL quarterback JaMarcus Russell, who is considered the biggest bust in NFL draft history.

According to documents obtained by TMZ.com, foreclosure proceedings have begun on Russellís mansion because he allegedly failed to make $195,512.05 in mortgage payments. Russell bought the house for $2.4 million in 2007 after the Raiders made him the No. 1 overall pick in that yearís draft.

The Louisiana State University product has three months to make the payments or the mansion will be auctioned off, the TMZ report says.

According to TMZ, Russellís agent said he had not spoken with the former QB about the situation.

Russell, 25, played 31 games over three seasons with the Raiders, completing 52.1 percent of his passes and compiling a 65.2 passer rating. He threw 18 touchdown passes and 23 interceptions, and the Raiders went 7-18 with him under center.

for the life of me i cant understand how this moron cant pay for a 2.4 million dollar house after he earned all that money. these players just dont understand the word "save". they blow all there money on houses and cars so they look cool for a few years but then there broke a few year after they retire. Russell is just a complet moron. maybe he can go pump gas at Sheetz or something

Atlanta Dan
03-04-2011, 07:04 AM
for the life of me i cant understand how this moron cant pay for a 2.4 million dollar house after he earned all that money. these players just dont understand the word "save". they blow all there money on houses and cars so they look cool for a few years but then there broke a few year after they retire. Russell is just a complet moron. maybe he can go pump gas at Sheetz or something

Although he probably is just a fool who blew through his money, it actually might make financial sense to quit paying on the mortgage and have the bank foreclose if the value of the house has collapsed since he bought it in 2007 - that was prior to the crash

ricardisimo
03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't think Russell is any good, and - Surprise! Surprise! - Al Davis screwed up yet another first-round pick by looking only at measurables, but he's also clearly not the biggest bust in NFL draft history. That's just hyperbole.

BigRick
03-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't think Russell is any good, and - Surprise! Surprise! - Al Davis screwed up yet another first-round pick by looking only at measurables, but he's also clearly not the biggest bust in NFL draft history. That's just hyperbole.

I have to agree. Said all along he was over rated and would be a bust. But, Hey look on the bright side the Raiders drafted him and wasted a first round pick!! :thumbsup: :tt03:

pete74
03-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Although he probably is just a fool who blew through his money, it actually might make financial sense to quit paying on the mortgage and have the bank foreclose if the value of the house has collapsed since he bought it in 2007 - that was prior to the crash

no way. its were he lives, its his house. time has shown that the market will strengthen then we will go thru another boom. his house may be worth 50% more 6 years down the road. horrible decision on his part but odds are he wanted the house but didnt have the money to pay for it anymore without cash coming in from the raiders