PDA

View Full Version : Brady gets 60 million !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Bet hardwork is happy !!

New England QB signs six-year deal
Sunday, May 08, 2005

From wire dispatches

The New England Patriots have signed three-time winning Super Bowl quarterback Tom Brady to a six-year extension worth $60 million, a deal that for the first time brings the two-time Super Bowl MVP's salary in line with his accomplishments.

The extension was reported by ESPN and confirmed to The Associated Press by a football source, speaking on condition of anonymity
here's the rest (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05128/500937.stm)

ironcitychef
05-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Shame it takes 3 Superbowl before they redo the contract. After two they should have built a statue out front of him. They have never had someone like him.

hardwork
05-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Mr. Negative the chef, they re-did his contract after the first Super Bowl.

Blitz, I saw this yesterday but the Boston papers didn't report it 'til today. If Brady's happy, I'm happy.

ironcitychef
05-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Not negative, just giving you crap. Touchy touchy. Besides its okay to be negative about your team. Its our board.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Its a real feel good story for a guy who was a 6th round pick, came off the bench and before you know it, he's got 3 SB's to his credit. But the pats still suck!!! :blurp:

Brownskikass
05-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Shame it takes 3 Superbowl before they redo the contract. After two they should have built a statue out front of him. They have never had someone like him.

True that.... Without Brady, that team was nothing.

Without Brady, Bellicheck was nothing....

hardwork
05-10-2005, 08:42 PM
"Without Brady, Bellicheck was nothing...."

I think you need to do some reading.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Bellicheck's track record as a head coach was less than stellar till he got brady and really started building that team in his image.

hardwork
05-10-2005, 11:11 PM
You can start reading to. First see how many times Belichick has been to a Super Bowl as a coach. I can assure you it's no accident.

Without Brady, Belichick was nothing? Please.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-11-2005, 12:03 AM
If we're talking head coaching stints here, which is what I was referring too, then no I dont need to read any further than what I already know.. now as an assistant, yes he's had much success.

hardwork
05-11-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm talking about as a coach, period. Both ass. and head.

No one is more aware of the impotance of Tom Brady than I am. I said so in here when I first came in. However, to say that the coaches and players are nothing without Brady is an insult to all of them, and bullshit.

ironcitychef
05-11-2005, 01:34 AM
I think the fact that they can dump the coaches before Brady says much about the importance of Brady. I think it will be a Kobe/Shaq thing where once Bill and Brady part ways you wait to see which way the ship turns.

hardwork
05-11-2005, 11:25 AM
That has to be the dumbest thing I've read on this forum chef.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-11-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm talking about as a coach, period. Both ass. and head.

No one is more aware of the impotance of Tom Brady than I am. I said so in here when I first came in. However, to say that the coaches and players are nothing without Brady is an insult to all of them, and bullshit.

Well u didnt specifiy which, and since he's a head coach now, that's how I took the statement and replied to it.

ironcitychef
05-13-2005, 12:36 AM
That has to be the dumbest thing I've read on this forum chef.

I know it isn't the dumbest cause I've said worse, but come on now you get to see who made who up there. Is Bill the best coach ever, or does he have better players than he had in Cleveland? Is Brady the best QB ever, or is he just a cog in the wheel? Till now, you just kinda had to speculate, but with changes and more changes to come, history will start to put its labels on your franchise. As a society, we love to give one person the most blame, and one person the most credit. As a football fan, I'm interested in seeing who gets the overall credit for everything up there. If Shannahan can get a new RB every year and prove himself as a coach, Can Bill do it with a new QB when time comes? I don't know, Its a forum so I ask. Right now I say Brady deserves more credit than the coach, but its your team. You tell me.

hardwork
05-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Brady and Belichick are a pair. They need each other. They think alike. They're both work-a-holics. Neither one of them needs the limelight. They're both highly focused. They're both result oriented.

How far can Belichick go without Brady? How far could you have gone without Bradshaw? How far could Walch have gone without Montana?

You don't win three out of four, especially at this time in the NFL, but at anytime, without multiple contributions. The Patriots aren't interested in singling out credit at this point. It goes against one of the contributors, team unity. Brady's contract speaks to his importance, but the way in which its written also speaks to personal sacrifice for the betterment of the whole.

If you, and others, want to speculate on where we'd be without A or B, that's fine, but we're not into that game. We're into walking out onto the field with what we have, and winning.

clevestinks
05-17-2005, 02:47 PM
I don`t think Brady is that close to being the best QB in the league. But I do think he should get paid like the best. He may be one of the smartest, and he is unbelievably cool under pressure. Coach Bill or Brady ? Bill has alot of peoples respect, and I like his attitude, if he never had a chance to speak in a microphone it wouldn`t bother him at all. But this is a tough question, I think Bill definitley makes the Defense go, and Brady is a take charge well respected QB, so I think its a toss up. NE No head coach next year, just two coordinators, Bill and Brady.

hardwork
05-17-2005, 06:12 PM
"I don't think Brady is that close to being the best QB in the league."

Not even close huh?

lol

hardwork
05-17-2005, 06:15 PM
"NE No head coach next year, just two coordinators, Bill and Brady."

You got that one exactly right.

clevestinks
05-17-2005, 07:12 PM
"NE No head coach next year, just two coordinators, Bill and Brady."

You got that one exactly right.

At least I said something that you agree with. I probably shouldn`t have said " Not Even Close" because he is one the smartest, and calmest qb`s in the league. And he has three rings. I do not like the Pats. But its hard not to like Brady, he is the ALL - American guy. Late round draft pick, that won three rings, got the actress girlfriend, and he is the Total Opposite of a TO.

hardwork
05-17-2005, 09:21 PM
"because he is one the smartest, and calmest qb`s in the league. And he has three rings. I do not like the Pats. But its hard not to like Brady, he is the ALL - American guy. Late round draft pick, that won three rings, got the actress girlfriend, and he is the Total Opposite of a TO."

Interesting.

First I'd say he is the "calmest" QB in the league right now, not just one of.

Secondly he is a lot more then just an all-american guy. Trust me, this kid is one mentally tough customer. He's just as tough mentally as Larry Bird was.

Finally, I'm really surprised you don't like the Patriots. They are hardworking, tenacious, physical, they do their talking on the field, they respect the league, they behave off the field, they don't flash their success around. What's not to like?

ironcitychef
05-18-2005, 12:25 AM
'Finally, I'm really surprised you don't like the Patriots. They are hardworking, tenacious, physical, they do their talking on the field, they respect the league, they behave off the field, they don't flash their success around. What's not to like?'

Hmmmm....sound like a team in the seventies that might have beat your team to this description.:busted:

clevestinks
05-18-2005, 04:25 AM
"

Finally, I'm really surprised you don't like the Patriots. They are hardworking, tenacious, physical, they do their talking on the field, they respect the league, they behave off the field, they don't flash their success around. What's not to like?

I`m a Steelers Fan! I like only the Pittsburgh Steelers!

bigbensgirl7
05-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I do respect the Patriots organization. I think they have maintained class throughout their sucess (at least the organization) I can't say the same for most of their fans though. However, I feel the Steelers are the same type of team. You didn't hear them talking a bunch of crap last year or any year. Every team has a little to say, but both teams seam to say a little in retaliation...but we finish everything on the field! But even though I respect them....I DON'T LIKE THEM!!! I like one team and only one team....HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

hardwork
05-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Cleve and Bensgirl(age before beauty)

I understand, you're Steeler fans.

Bensgirl, thanks for your acknowledgement of the Patriots organization. They're certainly a better organization now then they have ever been before. The change of course is primarily due to ownership. Finally we got a skilled owner who is also a fan. You were lucky enough to get the same thing long ago.

Cleve, I suspect there are other reasons you don't like the Patriots besides just being a Steeler fan, but decided not to share. No problem.

clevestinks
05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Thats about the main reason anyway. I guess another would be that the Pats are in the AFC. And that you`ve ruined our Superbowl hopes twice in the last four years. But there isn`t a whole lot of players to hate, or coaches. They do seem to run a class organization.

But the No.1 resaon is that I bleed Black and Gold. I`m sure its the same for you.

bigbensgirl7
05-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Yah, HW I do respect them but I don't like them.

hardwork
05-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Well respect is good enough. I have respect for the Steelers also. I wish I didn't have to though. :)

clevestinks
05-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey I`m going to give you a thumbs up for that one! Props to you HW.