PDA

View Full Version : Football Withdraw

stb_steeler
03-06-2011, 11:59 AM
I cant stand it come Sundays anymore.....I have to say this might be the worst year i have had football withdraw. I know ive had it before but some reason this year is bad. Im sure there is many goin thru the same. I cant stand the thought of watching golf or tennis....ZZZZZZing!. Other than catching the Penns game (if i can get it) what do you guys do to pass the time?.:popcorn:

SteelCityMom
03-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Pretty much hockey right now for me...and catching up on cleaning and family time.

The Pittsburgh Power season starts on the 11th, and it's not as good as NFL, but it's football! So I'm looking forward to that too.

PhantomJB93
03-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Ya I have the same thing, its cause of the SB I think, It's one thing when we dont make the playoffs or lose before the SB but because of the loss I just have this intense longing for them to come back and prove themselves.

At least there's Pirates season soon, even if they suck there's a game on almost every night and it helps pass the time through summer.

Fire Arians
03-06-2011, 12:15 PM
i just go surfing more, lucky i live hawaii :P

stb_steeler
03-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Pretty much hockey right now for me...and catching up on cleaning and family time.

The Pittsburgh Power season starts on the 11th, and it's not as good as NFL, but it's football! So I'm looking forward to that too.

I wish i could get Penns games, but i can only catch em on versus or NBC when their on.

Atlanta Dan
03-06-2011, 02:31 PM
The Super Bowl going into February worked out well for me this year, since that is when I usually start paying attention to college basketball (Duke grad here).

Once the NCAA tournament ends I will pretty much go into sports hibernation until Steelers training camp starts since I have no interest in the NBA, only follow hockey if the Pens are competitive, and lost all remaining interest in baseball around the time of the 1994-95 strike.

JEFF4i
03-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Pens and Pirates fan, so I'll live.

StainlessStill
03-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Sorry, I like the Pens but they do nothing for me. I can care-less right now and just can't get into the season with that many games. The playoffs are great but right now, who cares.

The Buccos will get me through the summer as date night with my girl but other than that, from now until April's draft/August seems like an eternity. The draft is close but not close enough.

MasterOfPuppets
03-07-2011, 11:21 AM
The Super Bowl going into February worked out well for me this year, since that is when I usually start paying attention to college basketball (Duke grad here).

Once the NCAA tournament ends I will pretty much go into sports hibernation until Steelers training camp starts since I have no interest in the NBA, only follow hockey if the Pens are competitive, and lost all remaining interest in baseball around the time of the 1994-95 strike.
:shout: BOOOOOO

Atlanta Dan
03-07-2011, 11:48 AM
:shout: BOOOOOO

:sofunny:

I put Duke grad here because when I just put Duke fan here in the past I was called out as a front runner who only roots for winning teams

smokin3000gt
03-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I cant stand it come Sundays anymore.....I have to say this might be the worst year i have had football withdraw. I know ive had it before but some reason this year is bad. Im sure there is many goin thru the same. I cant stand the thought of watching golf or tennis....ZZZZZZing!. Other than catching the Penns game (if i can get it) what do you guys do to pass the time?.:popcorn:

I watch the games I've tivo'd. Such as the jets pounding NE, Steelers whippin' on the ravens yet again, ect. I have a feeling it is going to be a long off season, even if a new CBA is reached.

stlrtruck
03-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Eh, I just spend time with my family, go on bike rides of 30+ miles, and hang out with friends.

fer522
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
i just go surfing more, lucky i live hawaii :P

i hate you :wave:

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2011, 10:51 AM

I put Duke grad here because when I just put Duke fan here in the past I was called out as a front runner who only roots for winning teams
:shout: BOOOOOOO

http://www.collegegear.com/p/-Maryland-Terrapin-TShirt-Fear-The-Turtle-Tee-White-xBr-On-Sale/1085496/275x275.jpg

vasteeler
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM

what?!?!?!?!....that would never happen here :chuckle:

SoCalFan
03-10-2011, 11:50 PM
My Sundays are reserved for ACTION! Surfing in surf city USA Huntington Beach,or snowboarding in Snow Summit Big Bear,or mountain biking on trails,or my favorite heading to the desert or MX track to rip it up on my Yamaha YFZ450....All are 30-45 minute drives from home.It sucks living in So.Cal....Thats how I deal with no football,during the season,those activities are done on Saturdays!:grin:

BGSU A Dub
03-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Thankfully, I have had a basketball league on Sundays to play in to pass the time.

Now, rugby on Saturdays and semi-contact flag football on Sundays will keep me busy (although it's not the same rushing back from a game to slap on the Steelers stuff and head to the local sports bar for a game). :tt02:

SteelCityMom
03-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Pittsburgh Power starts their inaugural season tonight @ 8 ET. for those of you jonesin' for a football fix.

If you can't catch them on TV, you can just download this simple and free AFL player to watch their games (and any other games). http://www.niftytv.com/afl

stb_steeler
03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
My Sundays are reserved for ACTION! Surfing in surf city USA Huntington Beach,or snowboarding in Snow Summit Big Bear,or mountain biking on trails,or my favorite heading to the desert or MX track to rip it up on my Yamaha YFZ450....All are 30-45 minute drives from home.It sucks living in So.Cal....Thats how I deal with no football,during the season,those activities are done on Saturdays!:grin:

You should have some waves there now after tsunami....not that u would want to ride those.