PDA

View Full Version : Steelers biggest rival

GBpack2010
03-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Or who are your top 5 most hated teams in the league and teams you root for other then Pittsburgh?

Fire Arians
03-06-2011, 05:46 PM
you should already know if you've been here for months and have been paying attention at all.

PhantomJB93
03-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I would have to say, in no order:

Bengals
Ravens
Browns
Cowgirls
Patriots (who happen to suck and have a quaterback who is gay)

The only other team I consistently "root" for is the Lions because I was born in and grew up in Detroit and they have always been my second favorite team, even if they sucked.

BGSU A Dub
03-06-2011, 05:49 PM
you should already know if you've been here for months and have been paying attention at all.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Fire Arians
03-06-2011, 06:07 PM
:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

seriously. I can't stand when people ask stupid questions

SH-Rock
03-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Ravens
Patriots
Cowboys
Bengals
Browns

In my opinion

GBpack2010
03-06-2011, 06:12 PM

Not a dumb question. You guys own Baltimore and the rest of your division. Just asking.

Fire Arians
03-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Not a dumb question. You guys own Baltimore and the rest of your division. Just asking.

i wouldn't say we 'own' baltimore. we are about 50-50 with them, just win the bigger games. and still the matchup never is decided by more than 7 pts it seems, they are tough

anyway the big 3 that all steeler fans hate are: new england, baltimore, dallas. the other 2 can vary

stb_steeler
03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I think most know who the Steelers rivals are even if their not Steeler fans.......:wave:

Atlanta Dan
03-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Ravens are of course the biggest rival since they usually are the team the Steelers need to beat when they play them twice a year to win the division

But as far as most hated have to go with the Patriots because of their attitude led by who coaches them and the fact they have the Steelers number

steelerchad
03-06-2011, 08:46 PM
i wouldn't say we 'own' baltimore. we are about 50-50 with them, just win the bigger games. and still the matchup never is decided by more than 7 pts it seems, they are tough

anyway the big 3 that all steeler fans hate are: new england, baltimore, dallas. the other 2 can vary

You got those 3 teams right. But 50-50, no way. We own Baltimore. We've won 2 out of every 3 in the series history and have won all the big games and I mean all of them. We've easily won the 7 most important games between the 2 teams.
I agree, they are our biggest rival. But until they can show they can win a big game against us it will not be a true rivalry.

Side note. Every team in our division would consider the Steelers their biggest rival.

StainlessStill
03-06-2011, 10:35 PM
1. Patriots
2. Ravens
3. Bengals
4. Cowboys
5. Browns

This is my personal list IMO. I'd love to have Baltimore at # 1, and if we didn't kick that a$$ every year they would, but it's something about New England that we can't beat and that bothers us very, very much. The hatred for all New England teams has been spread out to ALL Boston teams and their ego-maniac, piss-poor fans. They got THEE worst fans in the league. A truly stuck up., nauseating bunch.

I don't root for any other team but if I had to, it would be the Pack. Said it many times over....

BGSU A Dub
03-07-2011, 12:12 AM

I once heard a quote: "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people"

I think this would count as "all of the above" :noidea: :chuckle: :thumbsup:

pete74
03-07-2011, 05:37 AM
alot of you call this a stupied question but look at all the different answers

most consider Baltimore the biggest rival and they have been for the last few years but The Browns own the title over the long run.

Dino 6 Rings
03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
whoever we are playing that week. I hate their guts and wish them nothing but pain and suffering.

There are 2 teams in the NFL

The Steelers and Everyone Else.

That's it.

SteelCityMom
03-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I loathe the Ravens and the Pats*** the most...but intense Cowboy and Raider hatred was pounded into my head at an early age lol. I'd say the Bengals and Browns are huge rivals because they're division rivals, but I feel more pity for them than anything. They don't bring a whole lot to the table as far as a rivalry would go.

GMU Steeler
03-07-2011, 01:25 PM
1.) Patriots: They have our number, asshole players, fans, coach, etc. I just hate them.
2.) Ravens: Our biggest rival though I have a grudging respect for their players which is more than I can say about many Patriots especially Brady who whines for calls.
3.) Bengals: It's mostly their fans I guess, they thought they were hot shit six years ago and then they whine about Kimo Von Oehleffen "deliberatly" hurting Carson Palmer and conveiently ignore the fact that the Bengals blew ten point leads twice in that game.
4.) Browns: If I were older, they'd be higher, I probably respect their fans the most of the teams I've listed though.
5.) This is tough honestly, I dislike the Cowboys because they're overhyped but I have a Cowboys fan as a good friend so my Cowboys hate isn't as high as the average Steelers fan.

fer522
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
1-Patriots
2-Ravens
3-Dallas
4-Raiders
5-Packers

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

steelax04
03-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I once heard a quote: "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people"

I think this would count as "all of the above" :noidea: :chuckle: :thumbsup:

And you having two posts in such a "stupid" thread adding absolutely nothing to the conversation is what, exactly? :doh:

To the OP...

Ravens, definitely
Browns/Bengals... even though it's really been no contest, I think they're in being division rivals and all.
Patriots just because of their arrogance
Dallas b/c of the history and Super Bowl loss

fer522
03-07-2011, 05:32 PM
And you having two posts in such a "stupid" thread adding absolutely nothing to the conversation is what, exactly? :doh:

:chuckle: :chuckle:

harrison'samonster
03-07-2011, 06:46 PM
for me the biggest rival is Baltimore. I enjoy seeing Dallas lose the most because they were so good when I was younger, although now that I work with two Cowboy fans I might eventually change my feelings toward them.

As for other teams I root for, I guess usually the underdog in whatever game I'm watching that doesn't involve the Steelers.

pancake
03-08-2011, 03:22 PM
I would have to put the Bengals 3rd for me, thats because I live in "Who Dey country". I need a shirt that says "We Dey!"

steeltheone
03-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Ravens....Bengals....Jville....Cleve....Oak (Oilers Titans a close 6th)

The only reason the Patriots are mentioned is because we can't beat them when it counts. Otherwise there is not significant bad blood.

Farrior_roirraW
03-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Ravens....Bengals....Jville....Cleve....Oak (Oilers Titans a close 6th)

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Jacksonville... they're similar to the Ravens games, imo.

Wallace108
03-09-2011, 01:36 AM
For me, living in Northeast Ohio, the biggest rival is still the Browns. At the start of every season, I have to listen to Browns fans talk incessantly about how "this is the year the Browns are going to the Super Bowl." The chatter dies down by about Week 5. That's usually the point in the season when they start thinking about "next year."

As far as teams I hate, It's the usual suspects ... Ravens, Bengals, Patriots, Cowboys.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Cowboys still in the league?

Ravens
Pats
Browns
Bengals (hate to list them as are they a team in the nfl still?
Jets- new rival IMO.

CargoJon
03-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Or who are your top 5 most hated teams in the league and teams you root for other then Pittsburgh?

Patriots
Ravens
Dallas (not necessarily a steelers rivalry per se, but I just plain hate them anyway)
Atlanta (see below Saints affinity)

Other teams I root for:
the Saints. Wife has been a huge fan for many years. The once every four years we play them is usually a quiet day in our house. this year I didn't mind losing to them because it was a non-conference loss for us and didn't matter much in the overall scheme of things.