PDA

View Full Version : Worth the read....

clevestinks
05-12-2006, 05:31 AM
its not my own, I stole it from bengals board, but I thought it was funny, and true

There have a couple of Clown fans on this board expressing how much the Clowns improved.
My response was it didn't matter what they did 'cause they're still in Cleveland. If you take any great team, (Pit, Cin, Colts, Pats ect.) dress them in Clown uni's, and send them to Cleveland they would automatically suk.

I felt the poem I wrote is so good it deserves it's own thread for everyone to read:

No matter who they sign,
No matter who they fire,
No matter who they draft,
No matter who they hire,
The Browns will forever suk,
I give you my solemn word,
'cause no matter how hard you try,
You can't polish a turd!!

Milkman
05-12-2006, 07:36 AM
How true that is indeed.

j-dawg
05-12-2006, 11:31 AM
i read this on the bungals message board... it was the predictions of this years season...

steelers4life posted..
AFC North
Steelers 12-4
Ravens 9-7
Bengals 9-7
Browns 5-11

so i wrote back...
the Browns went 6-10 last year... we made some good free agency/draft acquisitions and you think we're not going to improve this year?

note* i'm not saying we're going to win the division, superbowl... i'm saying that we're not going to win one LESS game than last year.

as for the poem... i'll repost my critique...

i find your prose low in development.

is it times like this, when your pouring out your sad little heart in rhyming verse, that you ask yourself if you're a poet?

repetition can be used effectively in writing. not in this nonsense of course. the principal object of attention, in your discourse of attempted artistic composition, has no inner significance or central meaning. it's known that EVERYONE drafted and hired by the browns has NOT sucked.... sure we've had our fair share of bad players... but not every browns team has been terrible. i'll give meanJoe the benefit of the doubt and say he's just pretending he thinks the browns will forever stink.

as for the turd polishing: i guess that didn't work out to well for you, how hard did you try to polish it before you realized that it wouldn't work? did your hands stink as bad as this poem?

:boxing:

Suitanim
05-12-2006, 01:18 PM
How about this?

(From Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky")

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did pixies and fairies in the pound
All mimsy were the Dawgs,
And their mouths ran with sound

"Beware the dawgerwocks, my son!
The jaws so lite, the claws that (don’t) catch!
Beware the drunken bum, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his terrible towel in hand:
Long time the shitstained foe he sought --
So rested he by the Rivers Three,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in toughened thought he stood,
The Dawgerwock, bloodshot drunken eyes in flame,
Came whiffling through the Cleveland hood,
Chiming “I’m a souljah” as it came.

Touchdown’s come! And through and through
The terrible towel did wave!
Steel left clowns dead, the dawgs done fled
An asswhooping was gave.

"And, has thou slain the Dawgerwock?
Let’s celebrate, the men of steel!
O frabjous day! Boo Clowns, Steel Horay!'
The Division title we will seal.

No more pixies and fairies in the pound
Not mimsy were the Dawgs,
And from their mouths came no more sound.

Livinginthe past
05-12-2006, 01:24 PM
i read this on the bungals message board... it was the predictions of this years season...

steelers4life posted..
AFC North
Steelers 12-4
Ravens 9-7
Bengals 9-7
Browns 5-11

so i wrote back...
the Browns went 6-10 last year... we made some good free agency/draft acquisitions and you think we're not going to improve this year?

note* i'm not saying we're going to win the division, superbowl... i'm saying that we're not going to win one LESS game than last year.

is it times like this, when your pouring out your sad little heart in rhyming verse, that you ask yourself if you're a poet?

repetition can be used effectively in writing. not in this nonsense of course. the principal object of attention, in your discourse of attempted artistic composition, has no inner significance or central meaning. it's known that EVERYONE drafted and hired by the browns has NOT sucked.... sure we've had our fair share of bad players... but not every browns team has been terrible. i'll give meanJoe the benefit of the doubt and say he's just pretending he thinks the browns will forever stink.

as for the turd polishing: i guess that didn't work out to well for you, how hard did you try to polish it before you realized that it wouldn't work? did your hands stink as bad as this poem?

Hmm good comeback. :cool:

I think some Steeler fans are quite worried about the Browns this year - not as genuine contenders for the AFCN - but they will be more capable than they have been in recent history in taking a game from Pittsburgh.

NM

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2006, 01:34 PM
:sofunny: LOL

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2006, 01:35 PM
How about this?

(From Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky")

Did pixies and fairies in the pound
All mimsy were the Dawgs,
And their mouths ran with sound

"Beware the dawgerwocks, my son!
The jaws so lite, the claws that (don?t) catch!
Beware the drunken bum, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his terrible towel in hand:
Long time the shitstained foe he sought --
So rested he by the Rivers Three,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in toughened thought he stood,
The Dawgerwock, bloodshot drunken eyes in flame,
Came whiffling through the Cleveland hood,
Chiming ?I?m a souljah? as it came.

Touchdown?s come! And through and through
The terrible towel did wave!
Steel left clowns dead, the dawgs done fled
An asswhooping was gave.

"And, has thou slain the Dawgerwock?
Let?s celebrate, the men of steel!
O frabjous day! Boo Clowns, Steel Horay!'
The Division title we will seal.

No more pixies and fairies in the pound
Not mimsy were the Dawgs,
And from their mouths came no more sound.

Beautiful Suit. :bouncy:

shimmysteelerfan
05-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Hmm good comeback. :cool:

I think some Steeler fans are quite worried about the Browns this year - not as genuine contenders for the AFCN - but they will be more capable than they have been in recent history in taking a game from Pittsburgh.

NM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........thats just absurd!!!!! taking a game from pittsburgh........:blah: :blah: :blah:

HburgXL06
05-12-2006, 02:03 PM

steelers4life posted..
AFC North
Steelers 12-4
Ravens 9-7
Bengals 9-7
Browns 5-11

so i wrote back...

Good comeback man. Does it seem the bengals fans spend more time discussin other teams than they do their own? What does that tell you? Anyway, rep points for the good comeback. Peace.

BuFu