PDA

View Full Version : NFL (Steelers) are greedy

Hayeksheroes
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
The NFL and Players union still can't agree how to split 9 billion dollars in revenue that is paid for by you and me. It comes down to pure greed.
The Anti trust exemption needs to be rescinded and let's have a free market for players and owners. Everything else is just an excuse, big market, small market. Yada Yada yada. The Steelers have such a huge fan base that they will be fine. If teams like Greenbay and Buffalo can't succeed, then they move or go out of business. That's the way it is. F' the NFL draft. Who can pay more I say. Why are we giving so many special privileges to the rich elite in this country. Like they need more.

MattsMe
03-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Who can pay more I say.

Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder and Robert Kraft.

Now there's a league we'd all enjoy. :rolleyes:

Just look at what that business model has done to baseball.

Atlanta Dan
03-11-2011, 03:21 PM
The NFL and Players union still can't agree how to split 9 billion dollars in revenue that is paid for by you and me. It comes down to pure greed.
The Anti trust exemption needs to be rescinded and let's have a free market for players and owners. Everything else is just an excuse, big market, small market. Yada Yada yada. The Steelers have such a huge fan base that they will be fine. If teams like Greenbay and Buffalo can't succeed, then they move or go out of business. That's the way it is. F' the NFL draft. Who can pay more I say. Why are we giving so many special privileges to the rich elite in this country. Like they need more.

The Steelers have had a huge fan base since the 1970s because of their tremendous success on the field - take away the draft & salary cap and see how long that huge fan base lasts after Dallas, Washington and the New York teams sign the best players every year

If you want to see how that will work out take a look at baseball and ask fans of the Tampa Bay franchise how they like life without a salary cap while sharing a division with the Red Sox and Yankees

SteelCityMom
03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
That would be sweet! Then maybe we can see the Steelers go on a losing streak like the Pirates have, or go bankrupt and nearly move like the Pens did! :thumbsup:

Sixburgher
03-11-2011, 03:36 PM
The Steelers have such a huge fan base that they will be fine.

They won't for long, because if what you are proposing here came to pass, they'll become the NFL version of the Pirates very quickly. Do you really want to see the Steelers become relegated to being a "farm team" for the Redskins and Cowboys? You really need to rethink your whole diatribe.

Riddle_Of_Steel
03-11-2011, 10:44 PM

That was the last intelligent thing spoken in this rant--- you should have stopped here.

:banging::doh::banging::doh:

TRH
03-11-2011, 11:38 PM
this thing is headed to mimic Major League Baseball, you watch...
Once that happens, i'd suggest people find a new interest or hobby, because football will become a big huge boring piece of crap, just like baseball's become. Bad $$ deals, bad TV deals (unless you're one of the biggest 2 or 3 market teams of course...), bad leadership (Goodell and his cronies anyone?), way overpaid players, less competitive, just bad all around. If you don't think its headed in that direction, you've got your head in the sand...
I don't know what to think right now, but at the minimum, nothing good is going to come out of this.

mesaSteeler
03-12-2011, 12:18 AM
this thing is headed to mimic Major League Baseball, you watch...
Once that happens, i'd suggest people find a new interest or hobby, because football will become a big huge boring piece of crap, just like baseball's become. Bad $$ deals, bad TV deals (unless you're one of the biggest 2 or 3 market teams of course...), bad leadership (Goodell and his cronies anyone?), way overpaid players, less competitive, just bad all around. If you don't think its headed in that direction, you've got your head in the sand...
I don't know what to think right now, but at the minimum, nothing good is going to come out of this.

Sadly I must agree and it does I will stop watching the game which is what I did when baseball destroyed itself.

Rick5895
03-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Maybe they can move Arena football to the fall. The Pittsburgh Power vs Philly Soul game last night on NFL network was very entertaining.

Steeldude
03-15-2011, 12:51 PM
they should cap a player's yearly salary at 2 mil. you don't need more than 2 mil to play football.

SH-Rock
03-15-2011, 01:00 PM
they should cap a player's yearly salary at 2 mil. you don't need more than 2 mil to play football.

Unless you're Brady or Manning